The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've never been a disgruntled employee? Ever? Read what I posted above there.. He's been greatly unhappy with the direction of the company (Xbox division) for the past 20 months. He also very rarely talks normal.. He types in code so places like IGN etc can't copy and paste what he says... It also helps him not get caught.

You're right, I suppose he can't tell if PSN will be better.. But if Live end up as bad as he's hinting it's not like PSN would have to try hard to be better. The only thing Live had over them was party chat to begin with.. Now that's out the window..

If you question whether or not he's legit or not he has one of them highest track records on Neogaf and has been confirming, denying, leaking stuff since the original 360 days.

Last edited:
You've never been a disgruntled employee? Ever? Read what I posted above there.. He's been greatly unhappy with the direction of the company (Xbox division) for the past 20 months. He also very rarely talks normal.. He types in code so places like IGN etc can't copy and paste what he says... It also helps him not get caught.

You're right, I suppose he can't tell if PSN will be better.. But if Live end up as bad as he's hinting it's not like PSN would have to try hard to be better. The only thing Live had over them was party chat to begin with.. Now that's out the window..

If you question whether or not he's legit or not he has one of them highest track records on Neogaf and has been confirming, denying, leaking stuff since the original 360 days.
In all honesty? Nope, never. Ive had 5 jobs in my lifetime and have been fortunate to have always had decent bosses. I had one that was pretty neurotic but he was desperate to keep me around and I left bc I got a better position elsewhere. Ive never had a job that I hated or company that I worked for. Even if I was a disgruntled employee, I would NEVER say anything that would jeopardize my employment for obvious reasons, especially not on the internet where you leave a digital paper trail so to speak.

It seems like its gonna be a rough few weeks for both companies with these leaks leading up to launch

I didn't realize that DS4's are already available. I'm not planning on getting a PS4 until next year, but I kinda feel like buying a spare controller now just to have one.

I didn't realize that DS4's are already available. I'm not planning on getting a PS4 until next year, but I kinda feel like buying a spare controller now just to have one.

The DS4 works with many PS3 games when it is plugged in, so it'd work well for a spare controller. Here is a reddit thread finding which games work and which don't.

Even if I was a disgruntled employee, I would NEVER say anything that would jeopardize my employment

Even if you have information that would be of interest to potentially millions of people?

The DS4 works with many PS3 games when it is plugged in, so it'd work well for a spare controller. Here is a reddit thread finding which games work and which don't.
That's awesome, thanks. I think I'll get one now then and test it out in a few weeks when I go on a little shopping spree.

I'm really bummed it won't be backwards compatible. I was hoping to sell my PS3 to get a PS4.

It does suck that Sony and MS pretty much threw BC out this gen. You can always keep your old consoles, but it's just so convenient not to worry about them anymore.

I was hoping there would at least be PS1 backwards compatibility. :(

Even if you have information that would be of interest to potentially millions of people?
Only if you're getting paid enough money to make you financially secure for the rest of your life. If exposed you're not only going to lose your job but who's going to employ someone who's been shown to be disloyal and will leak company secrets just to look cool to some kids on the internet. You're risking your family's future just so you can be a CBOAT when you get home! I guess if you don't have a family or much of a life outside of Neogaf it's easier to be reckless and the attention is more important.

It does suck that Sony and MS pretty much threw BC out this gen. You can always keep your old consoles, but it's just so convenient not to worry about them anymore.
Yeah, if future consoles were backward compatible lack of space and too many boxes and wires wouldn't be an issue. I would pretty much always upgrade my Xbox, PS & Nintendo system to the most recent one but at the moment I'm stuck with hundreds of games for old systems that would no longer work and that I don't want to just get rid off. I haven't got room for 3 new systems as well as a new pc so I'm forcing myself to only go with one while my neighbour gets the other (& neither of us get a Nintendo).

Convenience is all it really is. I mean, could you play NES games on a SNES, or SNES on Gamecube? No, and that's what made the Wii's Virtual Console such a great idea at the time, since it was supposed to be an easy, affordable and convenient way of reliving all of your favorite childhood games on one console. But even with that, there were plenty of games that were never available and if you really wanted to play it again, you had the option of waiting to see if they would add it eventually, or just hook up your old system to play it.

I was hoping there would at least be PS1 backwards compatibility. :(
I think there's at least hope that it could be added via a future update. Vita didnt launch with B/C but it came later on. The PS4 really should be able to handle software emulation of PS1 titles, and I'd assume PS2 at this point. BUT I can see them intentionally leaving at least PS1 off in order to give VitaTV an exclusive feature that they can sell

Convenience is all it really is. I mean, could you play NES games on a SNES, or SNES on Gamecube? No, and that's what made the Wii's Virtual Console such a great idea at the time, since it was supposed to be an easy, affordable and convenient way of reliving all of your favorite childhood games on one console. But even with that, there were plenty of games that were never available and if you really wanted to play it again, you had the option of waiting to see if they would add it eventually, or just hook up your old system to play it.
Yeah and it makes the decision simple for serious gamers who can afford it. But even well-off hardcore gamers don't usually have space for 17 systems. I'd buy all new consoles at launch if it were the case and sell or give away the old ones. Could keep each of the 3 linked to a TV in a different room so that they all get used. As of now, despite very much wanting to, I hardly ever replay my old consoles as it involves work getting them out and setting them up and then putting them back.

Well I read the Blu-ray feature doesn't work without first updating the PS4 and activating on the internet. Which is weird since the PS3 didn't have that problem.

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/25/5028180/playstation-4-wont-play-blu-rays-or-dvds-out-of-the-Box

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/25/ps4-system-software-update-1-50-details/
I can't open the links from where I am at the moment. Is it a one-off activation or every time? One off should be no problem. I want to find out how good the PS4 player is in a home cinema system. The PS3 saw me through a good 4 or so years as a top player.

I can't open the links from where I am at the moment. Is it a one-off activation or every time? One off should be no problem. I want to find out how good the PS4 player is in a home cinema system. The PS3 saw me through a good 4 or so years as a top player.

DVD/Blu-Ray movie functionality is part of the day one patch. So you just need to install it and it'll work fine.

DVD/Blu-Ray movie functionality is part of the day one patch. So you just need to install it and it'll work fine.
Oh that's no problem at all. At the moment my neighbour is getting a PS4 which I'll be playing on quite regularly but if the blu-ray player is high end I might just get it anyway. $400 is pretty cheap.

Target is having a B2G1 sale on PS4 launch games on launch week

Are people widely concerned about the launch PS4 consoles? I'm getting a launch system. Is there some issue to make me concerned as well?

I know the PS3 went thru several iterations before they were able to make a more reliable system, i.e YLOD, newer models run more efficiently power-wise, run cooler, etc. But shouldn't they have learned from those errors and make a first-gen PS4 that follows that learning curve?

Are people widely concerned about the launch PS4 consoles? I'm getting a launch system. Is there some issue to make me concerned as well?

I know the PS3 went thru several iterations before they were able to make a more reliable system, i.e YLOD, newer models run more efficiently power-wise, run cooler, etc. But shouldn't they have learned from those errors and make a first-gen PS4 that follows that learning curve?
thats part of the reason why games will require an install. Since they wont run off the disc, that saves alot of power off the bat. Besides many problems associated with consoles since the PS1 generation has been due to the disc drive so this should alleviate that. The PS4 should be more efficent and less likely to break down

Target is having a B2G1 sale on PS4 launch games on launch week

That's awesome. I can't think of a third launch title I'd want tho, I'd def pick up kz: shadow fall and AC4 but idk what else. (I'm not interested in battlefield 4 or cod ghosts)

That's awesome. I can't think of a third launch title I'd want tho, I'd def pick up kz: shadow fall and AC4 but idk what else. (I'm not interested in battlefield 4 or cod ghosts)
Already have KZ preordered for $25. B2G1 amounts to $40 a game but there aren't really any launch ones I want. $30-35 is my limit. If I were to jump on this, it would be for KZ, AC and maybe COD, but honestly, I really dont want AC or COD now and definetly not willing to pay $40 for them

It'll be less than a month away for me come tomorrow. That's a nice feeling, even if I'm still not super-pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"