The Official PS4 Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the record.. Probably the best controller I've ever held. I had my doubts about it being better than the 360 controller... But it is.

How much is a stand alone controller going to cost? I've always thought it was silly the cost of a dual shock 3 was about the cost of a new game.

Keep in mind the reason I post this here is I don't want to feel like I'm trolling the XB1 thread..

We all know kw CoD will be 1080p on PS4 as will BF4..however, joining CoD and Titanfall in the 720 group on XB1 is.. BF and Killer Instinct.

It's 2003 all over again.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=704641

Last edited:
ibgov2LyaJ4Vq.gif

there is no excuse for any next gen game to be 720p...come on now microsoft.

The play as you download feature will only be for digital titles!?or it'll happen for disc/retail copies too?

You won't be downloading disc-based games.

And I guess there was disapproval of that 900p on PS4 for the same reasons, right?

I doubt as much.. This is the first ps4 game to run sub 1080..where the Bone has a whole laundry list.

Last edited:
I don't see what the big deal is. 900 vs 1080. Will people even notice a difference? I think not.

With all that' going oon on BF? Doubtful. 720 tho? Yeah.. Seems like MS is getting caught with their pants down.

It was a very big deal when Ryse was said to be 900p. Saw exactly those same "Boom" gifs posted all over the place. And Battlefield 4 is the game that PS4 guys will probably be putting the most amount of time into judging from preoorders and the nature of the game. Yet the next gen version will be at a lower resolution than old gen Battlefield 3 on pc. I'm getting XB1 and I'm calling them out on other forums for their lack of ambition in pushing the technicals of gaming forward. But when I do I see a load of PS fans joining in. They never seem to join in or see a problem when there is a PS negative, even when it's the same one that they've attacked XBox for in the recent past. Just doesn't seem like a balanced view which is a shame as at least in the PS1 & 2 era, Sony fans were by far the most mature and knowledgable. Maybe you've attracted all the XBox dregs of society who used to drag that console's members reputations through the mud!

Agreed there's not all that much difference between 900p & 1080p to a non-videophile, a similar difference to 720 & 900p in fact. And if 900p is bad when it's an XBox game maybe it should also be bad for a PS game (or neither be bad).

I don't think BF4 at 900p is Sony's fault.. They seem to be pushing 1080.. To me it seems like a Dice fail. I get 720 on the Bone because it obviously is hindered.. But when everyone else is doing 1080 on ps4..that becomes a dev issue.

I just want to see where MS goes from here. This info is going beyond NeoGaf now as other sites are picking it up.. They're gonna have to come out and face these facts instead of trying to pushbutton under a rug.

If its just one game at 900p its not a huge deal, might just be a DICE problem...however Xbone has multiple titles at 900p/720p which is an issue.

If Infamous or Drive Club aren't at 1080p that would be a fail on Sony's part.

I think people get way too obsessed with numbers. I dont care as long as a game looks and runs well. There were several games on the PS4 which had a native resolution lower than 720p and I wouldnt have known had I not read it.

The thing is this.. If MS charged you 300 bucks for the Bone and it ran 720p games.. Fine. Just do t charge 500 dollars for it. From. What I'm reading there could be a fairly noticable difference with 3rd party. Not everyone may care about how a game looks.. But on next gen.. I don't want my game looking like this gen. I want a fairly noticable difference. I don't think. It's as much of a numbers deal as it is a dishonesty deal on MS and the fact that they're charging so much for BS tech.

The thing is this.. If MS charged you 300 bucks for the Bone and it ran 720p games.. Fine. Just do t charge 500 dollars for it. From. What I'm reading there could be a fairly noticable difference with 3rd party. Not everyone may care about how a game looks.. But on next gen.. I don't want my game looking like this gen. I want a fairly noticable difference. I don't think. It's as much of a numbers deal as it is a dishonesty deal on MS and the fact that they're charging so much for BS tech.

I think it's worth mention that a lot of people were saying the same thing about the PS3 and 360 when this gen started. I remember all the articles about how the power of the Cell was going to make it impossible for the 360's hardware to keep up, but that ended up being pretty far from the truth.

I don't know much about this 720p vs 1080p stuff, and it seems like the tech mumbo jumbo keeps going back and forth to me. A lot of it just seems like marketing disguised as technical information. We obviously aren't going to know until we get there, but honestly, I have doubts the technical aspect of these machines are going to be that far apart.

with that being the case then, I dont see it as any different from Sony selling the PS3 at $600 with sub-720p games. I really dont think MS has done anything dishonest here.

As for not wanting games to look like this gen, well lower your expectations bc there will be quite a bit of overlap at least for this year as alot of next gen games will be merely ports of stuff which was made with the old consoles as the lead platforms. The first year of a console is usually the weakest in terms of visuals for this reason, not to mention developers getting used to new technique. I dont think anyone should expect the X1 to not improve with what it can offer going into the future. Its exclusive content and games made specifically for next gen is where it will shine

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"