The Dark Knight Rises The Official Rate/Review Thread for TDKR (TAG SPOILERS!!!) - Part 3

The pit was a brilliant metaphorical thread used to weave Bane and Bruce together; it broke down, in my opinion, when a needless twist was introduced to supplant Bane with Talia in the dichotomy that had been so carefully constructed.

I just saw it for the second time, this time in IMAX. I enjoyed it even more this time, and I was able to understand the plot very easily. I think the IMAX sound mix made it easier to understand the dialogue, particularly Bane's. My friend (a sound editor), said that they most likely mixed just for IMAX and then converted for regular theaters, since it would cost a lot to do two mixes. That could be why it's more difficult to understand in a regular theater.

Two things did come to mind this time around. One, why did Blake decide to take the kids out on the bridge when he knew about the tunnel? Was the other side of the tunnel being blockaded too?

And two, how the hell does Bane shave? :cwink:

I finally saw it! It was great...but i think it has its faults. The pacing is weak and theres issues about the structure of the movie .It feels weird! Its very jumpy and theres too many secondary characters. Its unnecessary long..some scenes are not necessary...and theres not enough batman. It doesnt look like a batman movie..

One question.....why theres some kind of blood transfusion ate the opening at the movie when Bane kidnaps Pavel on the airplane?

The pit was a brilliant metaphorical thread used to weave Bane and Bruce together; it broke down, in my opinion, when a needless twist was introduced to supplant Bane with Talia in the dichotomy that had been so carefully constructed.
Well, my brother didn't really like Batman Begins until a second viewing, so maybe he needs to watch this again for certain things to sink in. I can respect his opinion of not liking the movie, but when you can't really explain why, then he needs to watch it again.

One question.....why theres some kind of blood transfusion ate the opening at the movie when Bane kidnaps Pavel on the airplane?

I believe it's to give authorities the impression that the corpse they brought in the plane was Pavel's.

hmm..thanks the_monk!

by the way...why did Bane want Bruces fingertips after all? Don't remember...

Thanks!

I finally saw it! It was great...but i think it has its faults. The pacing is weak and theres issues about the structure of the movie .It feels weird! Its very jumpy and theres too many secondary characters. Its unnecessary long..some scenes are not necessary...and theres not enough batman. It doesnt look like a batman movie..

Don't forget Nolan wanted to shed light on other characters in the franchise such as Catwoman and Robin. It's something he hadn't done a whole lot of in the other two movies. It's always been Batman and a villain, Batman and a villain.

I still can't get over how great the wall climbing scene was. Nolan's use of symbolism with the bats was fantastic.

Don't forget Nolan wanted to shed light on other characters in the franchise such as Catwoman and Robin. It's something he hadn't done a whole lot of in the other two movies. It's always been Batman and a villain, Batman and a villain.

that doesn't mean it was a good decision though.... i think he went a little over-board with the additions personally.

I still can't get over how great the wall climbing scene was. Nolan's use of symbolism with the bats was fantastic.

Deffinately one of those moment's that makes your hair on the back of your neck stand, a real epic moment that for me.

Well its mainly because of the others "not superheroes" characters like the new cops that arrive later and die after 5 minutes and so on.. i just think its weird the fact that the movie is so long but it feels the narrative is built like a trailer, the way the scenes and the story are put together. And other scenes drags and are a bit repetitive.Sometimes it was hard to follow... Dont know, could be just my impression.. But there are great moments, thats for sure!(although i have a feeling that batman only was there for a few minutes)

Weren't the police supposed to catch Selina at the bar? Why they didn't catch her confuses me.

They were looking for the congressman, not Selina specifically. They just thought she was a hysterical waitress or something.

Thanks for the answer. And one last thing, what was Selina trying to find in the vault while watching the tv? Was it the clean slate? And where was it?

1. TDK
2-3. BB & TDKR(interchangeable)

Thanks for the answer. And one last thing, what was Selina trying to find in the vault while watching the tv? Was it the clean slate? And where was it?
She was looking for the clean slate. I think Bruce had it all along, sometime during the 8 year gap. What Selina wanted was also "too dangerous" for the Gotham people, just like the fusion reactor. Dagget had the patent for it but thought it couldn't be done, and promised Selina lies in order to get Bruce's fingerprints. Bruce re-bought that patent when Dagget threw it out and developed it in applied sciences.

Watched the movie this weekend and I have to say that I was let down by this movie. I felt that Nolan over reached and delivered a sub par Batman movie. 3rd best in the series by far. For the first time I thought Nolan didn't do justice to Batman.

Thank god you are in the minority with your opinion (not meant to put your opinion down, I'm just happy that most people loved it, like me). I thought he did Batman even more justice with Rises than in both movies before.
Still don't get how someone could not love it, if he liked the first two.
And don't give me this plot-hole crap. I haven't heard one single "plot-hole" that couldn't be explained away by people (like me) who payed attention to the movie. Hell, TDK had more "plot-holes".

Batman was hardly in it. Bruce Wayne was a bearded feeble man for most of it. It's Nolan's worst one.

Batman was hardly in it. Bruce Wayne was a bearded feeble man for most of it. It's Nolan's worst one.

I understand some of the disappoint due to the lack of Batman but these movies have always been about Bruce Wayne. Without him there would be no Batman or Batman legend.

Hopefully the fans that didn't like Nolan's version will get what they want with the next version.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"