The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Kryptonite would take away from main character overcoming his opponent. Have Superman beat him.

I agree, but it's funny cause Cavill is younger than Welling in real life.

So ranking wise who are you guys favorite Superman and rank whom looks the most like Supes in your mind.

I agree, but it's funny cause Cavill is younger than Welling in real life.

So ranking wise who are you guys favorite Superman and rank whom looks the most like Supes in your mind.

Reeve will always hold a special place in my heart but look out! Here comes Cavill.....

It's weird, when I look at this I see a bit of a resemblance between Welling and Cavill, like he could've been the Superman that SVClark grew up to be

There's definitely a bit of a resemblance between Welling and Cavill, I've always thought that. I'm surprised that the actors who have played Superman don't resemble each other more given that there's a very clear Superman 'look' which an actor must have to play the role.

Welling looks even younger again now IMO, now that he's shaved all his hair off.

Because we all want a good Superman movie i made this (in Paint because i'm not )
such a manipper like a lot of you guys who can do magic with Photoshop)

Hope this get a few laughs:

15rfuw1.jpg

In terms of looks alone and ignoring acting/charisma/etc ............ it's Reeve & Cavill & Welling for me. I still think Reeve has the perfect face for Superman. Cavill comes very close, and after his extensive work on his physique for MOS, he's pretty much got that perfect Superman shape now - wide chest/shoulders, narrow waist.

Out of all 3 of them, Welling is probably naturally the most muscular. Both Reeve and Cavill were quite slim and had to work out extensively to put on weight for the role, whereas Welling's just big-boned. Welling's a little taller than Cavill and has a very broad chest and shoulders, I've always thought he could be in amazing shape if he took on a similar workout regime to what the movie guys have had to do, considering how much muscle he was packing even while working 18hr days and only getting infrequent gym visits

805smallville0833623747fs9.jpg

There's no arguing though........ any one of them - with the right workout and hair and such - could put on the suit and not look out of place :)

I agree with all this.

The only thing about Welling I didn't like was how the show runners wouldn't let him "grow-up" on the show and kept him as the naive young boy, even in the later years.

I hated that he always wore the superman colors like he was a power ranger or something. However, if they wanted to always have him in blue and red then they could have at least changed his wardrobe from time to time. Then when he finally has an \S/ on his chest they make him all black and call him the blur or they give him a red leather motorcycle coat.

However, all that still wasn't as annoying as his hair on the show. OMG could they at least give him a big boy cut to go with his big boy pants lol. Just combing back that Donnie Osmand of a hairdo wasn't enough. They could have given him a cool young adult hair cut. Argh:cmad:

I was just messing with some pictures until it became really weird :

attachment.php

It's always been the jawline. Supes has to have a strong square jawline, as that's what we always see in the comics. That was one of my issues with Routh.

If you do the thumb test on picture of Reeve and a picture of Cavill (ie. cover up their noses) you'll see the resemblance is much stronger because the jaw lines, and the cheekbones are almost identical.

Cavill is the most Superman looking choice so far.

This is fantastic.

I agree with a couple of the other comments about the words, though.

Perhaps you could use some of the dialogue from the movie that we already heard in the trailers. One of the Jor-El lines perhaps - the 'accomplish wonders' bit.

That tag-line "the sky is no limit" I find VERY cool! It's original and catchy, and fits well. I say keep it.

Very cool :D

But it begs the question ....................... who's faster, Superman or Santa? We know Santa can get to every kid on earth in 1 night so he must have some serious pace too.

Very cool :D

But it begs the question ....................... who's faster, Superman or Santa? We know Santa can get to every kid on earth in 1 night so he must have some serious pace too.

It is said that santa can freeze time. old father time i guess helps out :) :)

I think Santa is the flash in disuise. He dresses in red, can move outside of time and goes faster than pretty much anyone. Why did we never spot it before??

I think Santa is the flash in disuise. He dresses in red, can move outside of time and goes faster than pretty much anyone. Why did we never spot it before??

Mind=Blown

It's the beard....a perfect disguise. :woot:

So how does everyone feel about Cavill's hair as Superman. Aside from jawline, eyes, height, muscles, and other facial features hair is pretty important.

Do you think they gave him a good hairstyle for the film or should he have gone with something more modern? Something about the hair bothers me a tad. It's almost too old school in some pics and too poofy. lol

I think it is like the Lois and Clark show style. More slicked as Superman and more dry/flowing as Clark Kent. I always thought it should be opposite, but I guess it is just hair eh

So how does everyone feel about Cavill's hair as Superman. Aside from jawline, eyes, height, muscles, and other facial features hair is pretty important.

Do you think they gave him a good hairstyle for the film or should he have gone with something more modern? Something about the hair bothers me a tad. It's almost too old school in some pics and too poofy. lol

My hair looks a lot like his -- I like to think it's modern...

I think it is like the Lois and Clark show style. More slicked as Superman and more dry/flowing as Clark Kent. I always thought it should be opposite, but I guess it is just hair eh

My hair looks a lot like his -- I like to think it's modern...

I'm not saying that it's not "modern" it's just more traditional, kind of how Welling's was on SV.

Just saying I wouldn't mind if his hair on the sides was a bit shorter and the hair on the top longer.

I also think that it should be more styled as Clark and slightly more out of placed as Superman's.

I'm not saying that it's not "modern" it's just more traditional, kind of how Welling's was on SV.

Just saying I wouldn't mind if his hair on the sides was a bit shorter and the hair on the top longer.

I also think that it should be more styled as Clark and slightly more out of placed as Superman's.

Shorter on the sides and longer on the top is the definition of more traditional and conservative men's hair, see Jon Hamm on Mad Men or Sean Connery back in the day as James Bond. lol

However, I do agree that I kinda wish they had gone for more style hair as Clark and more windblown and natural as Superman, just because I love all of the manips and Fan art of Cavil with his natural spit curl as Superman.

More practically, I don't think they can go for the slicked Clark nerd hairstyle anymore because it doesn't really exist anymore. It would look way too anachronistic. Longer, more unkempt hair as Clark is more inline with modern geek chic as demonstrated by the new Q in Skyfall. Also, the freer hairstyle we see Clark with in the Metropolis scenes when combined with glasses will probably do a better job of acting as a disguise since it can probably be used really effectively to change his head and face shape. Shorter hair gives them less room to maneuver. There are fewer styling changes you can make with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"