The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
God, I hope he's not the one... Sorry...:dry:

I'll just say it, the guy's nose is too damn big. To play Superman that is. Plus he doesn't look 100% American at all, it's clear he is severely Italian.

Superman isn't 100% American either. In fact he isn't even human.

'Severely Italian'? That's about two steps away from 'he's not white enough'. :whatever:

Yeah, I've never heard of ethnicity being described like an illness before.

First off, Joe isn't even cast yet. If he is, I'd be widely excited. I think he's got the goods and this would really break him out to be a star with his physical demeanor, physique and appearance.

If he is cast, I'm sure as HELL would think he'd pull off something better than this!

SupesMed_001.jpg

He looks so damn generic and fake it's not even funny. When I saw this I pretty much laughed my ass off thinking it was a joke. Turns out, it was.

First off, Joe isn't even cast yet. If he is, I'd be widely excited. I think he's got the goods and this would really break him out to be a star with his physical demeanor, physique and appearance.

If he is cast, I'm sure as HELL would think he'd pull off something better than this!

SupesMed_001.jpg

He looks so damn generic and fake it's not even funny. When I saw this I pretty much laughed my ass off thinking it was a joke. Turns out, it was.

Agreed

SupesMed_001.jpg

yeah. nolan and snyder will 1up this crap

To be fair, Routh looked the part pretty well too, but the suit was just incredibly drab.

SupesMed_001.jpg

... make Joe M wear the same costume and have the same background and camera perspective and let us know if it makes a big difference or not :cwink: Better yet, if Joe played Superman in SR, do you think it would earn more significantly?

Last edited:
I'd be down for Joe as Supes. Heard the idea before, but wasn't with it till someone commented on a comparison to Birthright.

To be fair, Routh looked the part pretty well too, but the suit was just incredibly drab.

The problem with Superman's appearance in SR wasn't Routh, physically he totally nailed the look. It was the badly designed Costume. The manties made his legs look dumpy and his torso look long just for starters. There is no way Snyder can't blow this piece of crap costume out of the water. Ray Charles could have designed a better costume.

... make Joe M wear the same costume and have the same background and camera perspective and let us know if it makes a big difference or not :cwink: Better yet, if Joe played Superman in SR, do you think it would earn more significantly?

Not really sure what your point is but Joe would look crap in this costume as well. It's Crap pure and simple. Would SR have have made more with Joe? Probably not. The movie was just STM rehashed as much as possible. Earthquakes, Young Clark doing Super stuff in Smallville. Superman and Lois flying over Metropolis, saving Lois from a crashing plane etc. etc. It's like Singer and Co. went through STM and made a list of all the things they liked and decided to repeat them. So no, SR would not have made more with Joe in it. It would have made money if it had been a GREAT movie with a GREAT story, instead of being just kind of an okay movie with a barely adequate storyline.

Not really sure what your point is but Joe would look crap in this costume as well. It's Crap pure and simple. Would SR have have made more with Joe? Probably not. The movie was just STM rehashed as much as possible. Earthquakes, Young Clark doing Super stuff in Smallville. Superman and Lois flying over Metropolis, saving Lois from a crashing plane etc. etc. It's like Singer and Co. went through STM and made a list of all the things they liked and decided to repeat them. So no, SR would not have made more with Joe in it. It would have made money if it had been a GREAT movie with a GREAT story, instead of being just kind of an okay movie with a barely adequate storyline.

You hit the nail in the head perfectly :up: Too bad BR ended up with a bad story and a wrong director (Singer is OK for non-Superman stuff though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"