The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome! The release date for Marvel Studios 'Thor' is drawing nigh and reviews have started appearing from official outlets. I'll be collecting those in this post. You can find the 'Rate Thor' poll here.

AS IS ALWAYS THE CASE WITH THESE THREADS, YOU ARE ENCOURAGED TO POST YOUR OWN REVIEWS, BUT SINCE THE MOVIE IS OPENING WEEKS EARLY IN SOME LOCATIONS PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF YOUR FELLOW POSTERS AND USE SPOILER TAGS!!!

apinhh.jpg

Currently 83% & Certified Fresh at Rotten Tomatoes

Collected Reviews

Access Reel - "If you don’t enjoy superhero films, then this film won’t change your mind about the genre. But THOR is an entertaining blend of well-honed storytelling devices. This is a professionally made big budget popcorn flick that won’t take you to new realms but is likely to keep you engaged for two hours."

AICN - "I’m very happy. This is so much more of THOR than ever really hoped I’d get in a first THOR movie."

At the Movies - "Performances are fine, Hopkins is an imposing Odin and Chris Hemsworth is obviously on his way to real stardom with this. He looks very fit. I'm giving it three and a half stars and I was really interested to see what the director Kenneth Branagh had to say about making the film."

Birmingham Post - "As the perfect antidote to Zack Snyder’s recently-released Sucker Punch, Thor is simply the most fun blockbuster of the year, a reminder that going to the movies to see films of this ilk is supposed to be about enjoying yourself."

Bleeding Cool - "Thor is a brilliant, epic, and often very funny superhero movie that is very much worth your while. It’s so huge in scope that the big-screen experience is more than a luxury, it’s the only way to enjoy the daring, dizzying scope of Kenneth Branagh’s vision. See it."

Blokely - "Thor has everything you could want in a big-budget comic book action-adventure - big battles, big scenery, big weapons, Natalie Portman, stellar cast, well-placed humour and the sheer desire to smite you. What's more, it sets us up nicely for The Avengers and lays a hefty gauntlet for Captain America. In the words of Thor himself: 'Bring me another!'"

Box Seat - "Thor is a very funny, sometimes thrilling epic action fantasy elevated by fantastic acting performances from all involved and surprising direction from an unexpected corner in Kenneth Branagh. It was flaws – boy does it have flaws – but for not one second of it was I bored. On that level, Thor has overcome my expectations and is much, much better than the lacklustre hype for the film would indicate."

Browntails - "Thor kicks ash by the hammer load. Lube up your jaw muscles for an impending smile attack."

Cinema Autopsy - "Thor is not a groundbreaking film but it’s a satisfying and entertaining spectacle that facilitates decent character and narrative development over its running time."

Cinema Blend - "A movie that sidesteps cynicism and its own sloppy script to become a perfectly good, perfectly scaled bit of summer entertainment."

Collider - "If you were nervous that Marvel would somehow not be able to bring Thor into the same universe their previous movies occupy, don’t be. I’m happy to report Thor is not only great, but it kicks open the door to so many other characters. If audiences respond (which they should), over the next few years, look for many other larger than life characters on movie screens."

CBM - "This is a really simple review, but I just want people to know how fantastic this film is. Given that I am one of the first of the general public to have seen it, I felt I had this duty. Have faith that when the time comes for you to see it, you will not be disappointed."

CBR - "While “Thor” is not a perfect film, it is the best from Marvel Studios yet. The lessons learned from their previous attempts are evident here, with a strong storyline that doesn’t have any major weaknesses. The film deftly expands the Marvel Universe in film, taking bold steps to set itself apart from the pack, with a great set-up for what may be the ultimate super hero cross over."

Comic Buzz - "Thor’s a great start to blockbuster season, but it’s also a very fitting tribute to its lead character."

CnM - "The film is a lot of fun, full of action and terrific performances, and is an excellent origin story. Overall, I rate Thor a 5 out of 5!"

Cut Print Review - "Verdict: An enjoyable film, Thor remains solid throughout; seasoned and unknown actors blend well to introduce a new hero to cinema."

Daily Express - "... a boisterous, bustling spectacle that attempts to balance the onslaught of special-effects wizardry with some welcome touches of humour and humanity."

Daily Mail - "Verdict: Norse nonsense, but great fun."

Daily Mirror - "Aside from its excellent visuals and sense of fun as the star adjusts to his surroundings, Thor avoids the common superhero trap of spending an age on back story before the plot kicks in. Director Kenneth Branagh (yes, him) ensures the action comes thick and fast. By Odin's beard, it's a winner."

Damn Good Cup - "A near disaster; disappoints on almost all levels."

Danny Graydon - "After the dreadful folly of Sucker Punch, Thor is a proper opening salvo for this year’s blockbuster season and, if July’s Captain America delivers on the fulsome promises of the trailers, 2011 may well be a banner year for Marvel’s film unit. For verily: it kicks Asgard."

Dark Horizons - "'Thor' will please fans and may actually convert a few. The effects are solid, the costume and sets are opulent and work well in context, and the score is grandiose but rarely distracting."

Den of Geek - "With fantastic effects, strong characters and a story you’ll find yourself wanting to see again straight afterwards, Thor kicks off the summer in style. Even if it occasionally stumbles, most blockbusters don’t even try to reach the heights Thor attains. It definitely enters Marvel Studios’ canon somewhere near the top, and if nothing else, it’s made life much, much more difficult for Captain America. It's just become the film to beat this summer."

Digital Spy - "All the boxes are ticked for what threatens to be the most obnoxious film of the year. It comes as a relief, then, that rather than bang us over the head with that hammer, Hemsworth and Kenneth Branagh take a mischievous, light-hearted approach more in keeping with the Marvel Comic than the ancient mythology."

DIY(Becky Reed) - "While the trailers suggested a cheesy, Dutch-angled, all brawn and no brains kinda flick, what we have here is Shakespearean tragedy set to production designer Bo Welch's gorgeously retro sets and Branagh's unleashed fanboy enthusiasm. A stellar effort that has raised the bar for this year's endless comic adaptations."

DIY (Christa Ktorides) - "Hemsworth and Hiddleston are worth the price of admission alone. Don't worry if you know nothing about Thor, get thee to the local cinema, leave your cynicism at the door and marvel (ahem) at the sheer majesty and fantasy on screen."

Eat Sleep Live Film - "Exciting, funny, unique and always entertaining, this is a solid hit which I hope gets the commercial love it’s due."

Empire - "At first glance, all the ingredients for a cheddar convention to rival the likes of Flash Gordon are there — ginormous sets, larger-than-life characters with ridiculous names and powers to match. But Thor is too knowing to stock up on the movie mozzarella. What it is, though, is tremendous fun, and further proof that Marvel Studios knows how to handle its back catalogue."

entertainment.ie - "Mixing more fantastical elements than we're used to seeing in the Marvel universe, this production is as sturdy as its imposing lead, Chris Hemsworth. It mightn't mix the worlds of Asgard and Earth together as seamlessly as it could have, and the 3D is utterly inane, but Branagh handles the dramatic family elements of the story with aplomb, while Hemsworth is excellent."

Fan the Fire - "It seemed, for a while, as though graphic novel adaptations were reaching their own post-modernity. Auteurs were twisting the old clichés into something closely resembling art, and Watchmen finally got its big screen debut. But this Marvel series proves that there are still millions of people who want nothing more from a summer blockbuster than the costumes and characters of their youth, filmed in 3D with expensive animation techniques."

Film4 - "Could stand to be a little more gripping, and to make more of the "superhero" element of its character's funny book origins. But it's enjoyable while it lasts, and as a primer for The Avengers - with a proper, plot-setting post-credits scene, to boot - it works a treat.

FilmInk - "Though not one of Marvel's most famous characters (lacking the instant recognition factor of, say, Spider-Man or The Hulk), Branagh succeeds in making Thor accessible, coherent and engaging. He takes something that could have potentially been silly, and crafts it into a big, grand, visually impressive slab of superhero cinema. Thor aims high - and thanks to a superb cast and a savvy director - it gets there."

The Film Pie - "It’s not a horrible film but it’s one that doesn’t want to take any chances. It has been crafted from the familiar PG-mould used by many other comic books adaptations over the past decade. It wants to impress with dazzling special effects rather than through an emotive, captivating story. There’s clearly an audience for this film but I don’t think I’m part of it."

Financial Times - "Branagh makes the most of CGI’s potential to create glimmering surfaces and vast landscapes and, for once, the 3D is a bonus. Between Thor’s new life with Jane, the intrusion of an FBI-like organisation called S.H.I.E.L.D. and the chaos back in Asgard (where Loki is conspiring with the Frost Giants), there is plenty going on, with the result that the film is busy and eventful but also diffuse and under-developed. But next to the recent competition (Watchmen, Jonah Hex, Iron Man 2), this film is Shakespearean."

Flick Filosopher - "It’s all better than Clash of the Titans, by a whole bunch. And that’s good enough."

FrightFest - "It’s infectiously engaging, fantastic fun and kicks the summer blockbuster season off with a major bang."

Geek, Actually - "Overall I really enjoyed “Thor” a lot, it’s an action packed fantasy film that is fairly faithful to its source material while still being accessible to those that have never read a comic book. It is just a fun ride and if you can just let yourself buy into the world it is creating, you will have a great time."

The Guardian (Xan Brooks) - "I'd hesitate to call this a good film, exactly. It's overlong and all over the place. The sets are tacky and the script is skittish. Some of the supporting players (most notably a stricken Stellan Skarsgård) appear poignantly all at sea. But there's something weirdly charming about it just the same. Branagh has knocked his film together with a terrific, freewheeling gusto. It has its tongue in its cheek and the fun is infectious. For all of its faults, Thor's never a bore."

The Guardian (Peter Bradshaw) - "What Thor lacks in subtlety, it makes up for in bombast – but Kenneth Branagh deserves credit for putting his own personal touch on this superhero epic"

Herald Sun - "Displaying both a rare lightness of touch in its earthbound form, and a likeable lunkheadedness when dishing out its quota of mythological rough stuff, Thor brings the hammer down on viewers in fine style."

Hitfix - "If 'Captain America' is at least as fun as 'Thor,' then Marvel can rest easy until next summer, because they will have managed to introduce each one of the Avengers successfully. The best thing I can say about this film is that it genuinely made me want to see Hemsworth arguing with Robert Downey Jr., magic versus science, and I can finally imagine the two of them occupying the same world"

Hollywood Reporter - "The arrogant warrior Thor’s great conversion, central to the plot, is unrealistically lightning-quick and the movie’s dramatic arc falters amid the constant shifts between earthly and celestial realms. But execs at Marvel Studios, gambling heavily on the success of Thor and the upcoming Captain America: The First Avenger to set up next summer’s ensemble behemoth The Avengers, can rest easy: You’ve built it and they will come. They may even bring a date."

Holy Moly - "So go and soak it up - it's big, brash, a bit daft and surprisingly funny. After the last few year's ****** superhero fest - Thor is a blessed relief."

Hope Lies - "Thor... is an absolute gem of blockbuster cinema, impressing hugely as an act of spectacle, yet containing a surprising amount of heart."

IGN - "Thor may not be a game-changer for comic book movies, but it's a solidly entertaining one most noteworthy for taking what could have been utterly campy material and making it dramatic and relatable. There's action and otherworldly elements to appease the core fans and possibly even win over some skeptics, and enough humor and humanity to engage general audiences."

IndieLondon - "... as an introduction to one of Marvel’s more complex characters and a precursor to The Avengers, this does just fine, while simultaneously kick-starting another summer blockbuster season in suitably spectacular and crowd-pleasing style."

It's Just Movies - "Bottom line, this is a really fun movie and the perfect beginning to the summer blockbuster season, setting a new level that all other superhero films will now have to measure up to. It’s completely accessible for those who possess previous knowledge of the characters and those who do not."

Joseph Dickerson - "All in all it’s not as good as the original Iron Man, a film that I think is the best Marvel adaptation ever (save for the final underwhelming battle sequence, which Thor also suffers from). But it’s quite good, and definitely worth the ticket price."

Junior Magazine - "Branagh’s Thor soars where it’s meant to soar, scores big laughs in all the right places and sends viewers stumbling out of the cinema with smiles on their faces."

Click here for more reviews

Last edited:
Thread mangeeeeeeeeeeeeer!!!!1! :argh:

first time poster. I grew up on marvel comics when younger. I'm now 30 and this was amazing. It was like seeing what I had hoped on films. Beyond that, the humour and chris kept the wife happy.

Never thought a thor film would happen :)

Collected Reviews, part 2

The List - "Kenneth Branagh may have seemed like an unlikely choice to direct Marvel's Thor but he pulls it off with considerable style to kick-start the summer in fun fashion. By no means perfect, and inferior to both Christopher Nolan's genre re-defining Batman movies and Jon Favreau's original Iron Man, Thor is nevertheless a hugely entertaining film that expertly combines an epic sense of dynastic turmoil with a knowing sense of humour."

Little White Lies - "Just sit back and try to enjoy this story of an arrogant God and his hammer, and you probably won’t be disappointed."

Liverpool Echo - "Thor’s digital trickery and pyrotechnics doesn't appear to faze Branagh, who balances the thrills of a summer blockbuster with tender romance and broad comedy."

Major Spoilers - "Thor is well crafted piece that refreshingly commits to a story as much as it does musclemen with fantastic powers."

Matt's Movie Reviews - "Impressive in scale and design and featuring a star making turn from its leading man, Thor is a dazzling example of the superhero movie done right."

MovieHole - "You comic book movie fans won’t find any new surprises here but you’ll still enjoy the heck out of it – this is a fast-moving, action -packed and rather – no scratch that! Really – dazzling movie that, I think, does a great job of pushing us even closer to that ‘’Avengers ‘’movie. Two hammers up!"

MovieWeb - "Whilst not as EPIC as I hoped it would be, or could have been, it certainly delivers a movie that has some great action sequences, solid performances by a great cast, and stunning visuals and CGI. Kenneth Branagh has turned in a film that Marvel should be very proud of!"

Nine to Five - "Thor is never dull and provides a great time for kids, the average movie fan and comic book geeks alike."

Obsessed With Film - "Branagh, in his first foray into blockbuster film-making has delivered with absolute assurance, and must surely have booked himself another trip in the director’s chair for the hoped-for Thor II. The boy from the Belfast comic book shop done good."

Plastic_Souls - "All concerned can rejoice, then. For here, at last, is this year’s first truly convincing big-budget box-office contender. And, finally, the idea of The Avengers franchise now begins to feel genuinely exciting for a wider audience. Mr Branagh, you have done well, sir. Do please make another."

Popcorn Addiction - "It is with a massive grin that I report that Branagh has succeeded masterfully, with a story that jumps between Argard and an American diner with improbable finesse. This is a very different – a very necessarily different – superhero movie, and it is a wonder to behold."

Popcorn Junkie - "‘Thor’ is a great superhero film that has spectacular action, amazing visuals, a top notch cast and superb direction but most of all it’s a perfect piece of fun popcorn cinema only let down by lame 3D conversion."

Pop Culture Monster - "Branagh gets the tone just right. There are some cracks but overall Thor manages to be both a properly grounded earth based film while simultaneously being a huge, epic, mythical, galactic film which will not only satisfy, but delight the most discerning of fans."

QuickFlix - "Kenneth Branagh’s Thor may not achieve the level of epic, Shakespearean awesomeness it so dearly covets, but its failings could only be a footnote in the annals of comic-book movie history."

Qute Magazine - "In all, the story of Thor is pretty predictable, and I’m sure everyone is aware of this when watching a superhero flick. Kenneth Branagh knows too, and instead focuses on getting the other two things right — the visuals and the acting. In both of these aspects, he’s very successful, and Thor makes for some great entertainment."

Radio Times - "True, the film has some scene-setting longueurs, but Hopkins brings gravitas rather than ham to his role, Hiddleston's Loki is a villain to look out for and the action is suitably earth-shattering."

Real.com - "In a time of Norse folklore, where men were men and roared with pride, comes a larger-than-life and humour-rich take on the Marvel comic adventure Thor that doesn’t forget the personal angle in the midst of all its splendid grandeur."

The Reel Bits - "An excellent cast bolsters a film that may seem like a costume drama on the surface, but provides enough bang for its buck to establish its hero as an Avenger in the making. Building on part Marvel mythology, the references and in-jokes sandwiched between wall-t0-wall action and surprising comedic turns make this an entertaining winner."

Reuters - "It's a noisy, universe-rattling spectacle full of sound and fury with a suitably epic design, solid digital effects and a healthy respect for the comic-book lore that turned a mythological Norse god into a founding member of the superhero team known as The Avengers."

Salty Popcorn - "I was mesmerised for an entire hour and 54mins from go to woe. Kenneth Branagh has created one damn fine looking and extremely fun action blockbuster movie that easily fits into the brilliance of the Marvel fold. Seriously, is Marvel becoming the Pixar of the Blockbuster?"

Science Fiction World - "I’ve focused on the weightiness of Branagh’s Thor only to stress how it stands out from the crowd, but it is also a thrilling adventure, with more than a few laughs, drama and pathos aplenty. Under Branagh’s direction, the story is told with great good humour and respect both for the material and the audience and the end result is a hugely entertaining film."

SciFiNow - "Preceding its unprecedented franchising exercise, however, Marvel has served up a summer movie that pretty much everyone can appreciate on some level. Thor is a really good popcorn flick – just a little too bloated in places to hit the mark as well as it could have."

Screen Daily (Alt) - "The Mighty Thor hammers his way onto the big screen in this latest addition to the ever-expanding adaptations of superheroes from the Marvel comic-book universe, and in the safe hands of British director Kenneth Branagh it is delivered with enough style and action to satisfy fans and newcomers alike."

The Shiznit - "Branagh and co have taken one of the least relatable superheroes and turned his story, not only into a hugely enjoyable, funny and visually spectacular film, but into a tantalising introduction to next year’s The Avengers (make sure you stay after the credits for a great Avengers plot tease). Can Thor and Robert Downey Jr’s Tony Stark exist in the same world? Pfft – soon enough they’ll be in the same room, and that’s going to be seriously fun."

SFX - "... while Thor may not be a thundering triumph, it’s decent enough fun to make you hope that lightning strikes twice and we get a sequel."

Sky - "It's epic stuff, but with some superlative casting and a surprisingly non-pofaced script, director Kenneth Branagh brings a warmth and humour to proceedings that retains the grandeur and magnificence of the fantasy world without ever lessening the interactions with the human one."

SlashFilm - "I still very much enjoyed it… but did not fall in love with it. It falls a couple steps shy of achievements of recent Marvel films like Iron Man, The Incredible Hulk, and even Iron Man 2."

The Sun - "A brilliant addition to the Marvel world. He came, he Thor, he kicked some ash."

Sydney Morning Herald - "Thor is the first proper blockbuster of the year. A magnificent space romp that will thrill even the most cynical viewer, and a fantastic and fantastical reason to make the trip to the cinema."

The Standard - "Thor is exciting, entertaining and enjoyable, plus it puts the Marvel movie series back on track after the mis-step of Iron Man 2"

That Blog That Chick Wrote - "Thor-oughly good stuff. Eight out of ten."

The Telegraph - "Budgets soar, effects run rampant, but novelty is drying up in superhero flicks – the costumes must be starting to lose their elastic."

This is London - "Sorry. Good fun for boys, then, from 10 to 12."

Time Out - "But for anyone looking for a spot of mindless holiday fluff, ‘Thor’ remains an endearing throwback to simpler times: when men were men, gods were gods and heroes looked like bodybuilders who’d just raided the dress-up box. Just don’t expect to remember much about it afterwards."

Total Film - "Verdict: The most problematic hurdle in The Avengers’ path is cleared with ease and some style by a film that makes a virtue of its inherent silliness. You’re up, Captain America."

Ultra Culture - "Thor may not have the star power, street cred or brand recognition of some of its fellow Marvel titles, but at least it’s funny and fun AND I LIKED IT GODDAMN IT."

Uncut Magazine - "In truth, Thor could do with a little more of this kind of off-piste thinking. It’s deathly long, it struggles to be coherent in places and, at times, it’s really just like the last superhero film you saw, but with slightly different costumes. Oh, and it’s in 3D. But then these days, what isn’t?"

Urban Cinefile (Andrew Urban) - "There are plenty of action scenes, a few little laughs and an air of genuine adventure; it doesn't take my breath away, but I can see it has an audience."

Urban Cinefile (Louise Keller) - "The film takes off and in great style, offering a fantastic fantasy adventure with all the latest mod cons by way of 3D, visual effects and production design, ensuring a thrilling and stimulating escapist movie experience."

Variety (alt) - "With Aussie hunk Chris Hemsworth impressive in the lead and helmer Kenneth Branagh investing the dramatic passages with a weighty yet never overbearing Shakespearean dimension, pic looks sure to reap big B.O. on the strength of its ready-made audience, but faces a tougher time attracting viewers for whom this type of fare is the exception rather than the rule."

View London - "Hugely entertaining comic-book adventure that delivers pretty much everything you could want from a Thor movie, thanks to a superb script, note-perfect direction from Kenneth Branagh, a terrific supporting cast and a charismatic, star-making central performance from Chris Hemsworth."

The Vine - "A winning blend of thrill and feeling, respect and irreverence, Thor lifts Marvel's movie stocks considerably. Your move, DC."

What's on TV - "Forget Hamlet and Henry V, Kenneth Branagh puts Shakespeare behind him and gives us a hero with real clout – Marvel Comics‘ hammer-heaving Norse deity Thor."

Yahoo UK - "The first big comic book movie of the year is a real hammer blow to the genre. Chris Hemsworth is perfectly cast in the lead role and director Kenneth Branagh shows a complete understanding of the material. The film's grasp on what entertains is second to none in recent years, and outside of the Nolan universe this is the best superhero film since 'Spider-Man'."

Your Local Guardian - "For Thor is a true blockbuster in the spirit of early superhero films and is reminiscent of the first Superman film. Children and adults alike (and a bad place of a lot of women) with be transported to heavenly Valhalla in a film that mixes comedy, visuals, and some fantastic acting, especially from Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins as Odin, and Tom Hiddleston as Loki."

Last edited:
Just seen it. Beyond impressive. As if Branagh had a checklist of everything needed to make a perfect Thor film and ticked every box.

Yeah, it's hard to see any real thoght pattern there to the method. An 80's film is only going to have a limited amount of reviews, because now a day there's the blogosphere, and a much wider net to cast. I know there is something that critics have to do, to register with RT, so maybe the lack of certification on the older films, has to do with the fact that most of their registered reveiwers never wrote reviews for them? Again I'm just guessing, maybe someone knows for sure.

I know last year, it was very late before IM2 was certified fresh, and that had far more negative reviews by this point, than Thor has right now. So I'm expecting by early next week we'll know for sure.

Guys like Richard Roeper wait until the extreme last minute to post their reviews, and I expect alot of the American "top critics" won't have their reviews in until early next week.

I don't know how much you can project based on the current reviews, but I think that you can probably count on at least an 80% fresh rating, based on the fact that the reviews are coming in at a 6.8/10 average.

Alot of the reviews say this is better than IM2, and that was something like 74% fresh. I'm really hoping for 90% or better, but playing it safe now.

80%? I'd be stunned at this point if it fell a whopping 15% down to that. Not seen anything like that happen to any film since King Kong in 2005(that fell 17%) when they've already got more than 25 reviews in. Quite rare. If it behaves normaly then I don't see it sinking lower than to 89-90%. After the first couple dozen reviews come in, it's rare for it to move more than 5% either way. By then it's got pretty close to a consensus, whether RT offically acknowledges it or not. And Thor's already at 40.

No, at this point I'd be very much shocked if this even finished outside of the 90% percentile range.

Raiden said:
I think Hulk should display some amazing strength feat, but I don't really care too much for other superheroes to do likewise. And Superman in SR ended up just lifting one heavy thing after another, so while he may be strong he can also be quite bored.

Yeah I think Hulk should have some pretty impressive feats as well because that's his main super power. I think Thor should have a few to let people know that he's a powerhouse even without Mjolnir but not as many as Hulk.

kedrell said:
Well I'd like some strength feats, but I never want them to exist simply to make us go 'Woah, that dude is STRONG!'. In other words, I don't want them to exist purely for their own benefit. They should exist in context of the story and be in line with established character traits.

Same here, I was just saying that Marvel Studios doesn't really seem all that interested in "strength feats". I like feats of strength as much as the next guy but there is a such thing as going overboard as Superman Returns went overboard.

Last edited:
first time poster. I grew up on marvel comics when younger. I'm now 30 and this was amazing. It was like seeing what I had hoped on films. Beyond that, the humour and chris kept the wife happy.

Never thought a thor film would happen :)
Glad you liked it and welcome to the Hype.

Just came back from seeing "Thor" and I have to say that the movie was very good and just about managed to live up to my very high expectations :)

Never read Thor comics but I loved this film. I disagree with the review that said "it's not a game changer for superhero films" as it absolutely offered things I'd never seen in comic book films. It sheer scope and special effetcs was breathtaking fantasy. It was also great to get thrown into the action without the tired origin story. I'd imagine had this film been made a few years ago he'd have found the hammer and had to learn to use it on earth. It saddens me to say that this film did everything right that I fear Green Lantern is doing wrong.

Saw the film a few days ago. It was a well crafted superhero movie. Punches well above its weight for a character that is less well known by non comic book reading viewers. I had to watch it in 3D as I missed out on the earlier 2D screening which would have been my preference though. Overall I enjoyed it and am eagerly waiting for Thor's next appearance in The Avengers film.

Just came back from seeing "Thor" and I have to say that the movie was very good and just about managed to live up to my very high expectations :)
WTF? It's out in Iceland but not North America? Oh well, glad you liked it.

Nice, glad to hear all of these positive comments guys, it makes me even more excited for Thor:thor:

Since someone asked, here are the trailers i've had.

3D - Green Lantern, X-Men First Class (first trailer) and Pirates: Worlds End

2D - Captain America, X-Men First Class

Nice Darkness, what did you like the most about it?

its probably the best comic to film adaption i've seen in recent memory
all the actors really brought their characters to life and meshed well with each other, the humor was great but didn't feel forced and there were alot of nods to the comics which is always great

i was especially impressed with hiddleson as loki, he played the part to perfection :D

Cool cool, always good to hear such positive remarks :up:

9/10

omg
[blackout] hawkeyeeeeee [/blackout]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"