The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
here comes the thread manager

I really enjoyed it. That being said, I had just finished reading the entire Walt Simonson Omnibus which had me all the more excited and my only real complaint was that I simply didn't want it to end.

I know Hiddleston is getting a lot of well deserved credit but lets face it, without Chris Hemsworth, this movie simply doesn't work and it's these two guys that make this movie a real treat. I could have used a little more of everything but then again if it were up to me, this would have been two hours longer.

P.S

Thor in the pet store was really great. (the clerk should have mentioned they sold frogs there :))

Last edited:
Yeah Upper Deck has a movie set out. :D NICE collectors set. Check your local Target, that's where I found them.

Are there chances for an autograph or anything special in them?

I really enjoyed it. That being said, I had just finished reading the entire Walt Simonson Omnibus which had me all the more excited and my only real complaint was that I simply didn't want it to end.

I know Hiddleston is getting a lot of well deserved credit but lets face it, without Chris Hemsworth, this movie simply doesn't work and it's these two guys that make this movie a real treat. I could have used a little more of everything but then again if it were up to me, this would have been two hours longer.

P.S

Thor in the pet store was really great.
This could have EASILY been a 3 hour movie. With as many characters they had to set up it should have been. lol

Holy ****, that was pretty awesome. Just as I suspected, Loki was my favorite part. Hiddleston was astounding as him, and of course as everyone's said Hemsworth is perfect as Thor as well. But yeah, Loki's my favorite Marvel villain adapted for sure.

The nitpicking about Thor and Jane falling in love too fast is stupid by the way, who says they're in love? They played it more like a couple at the start of a relationship who are infatuated with one another, more than anything.

I was a little thrown by how fast-paced the first act felt, but it was still great and once I see it again I'm sure it'll feel a lot smoother, as often happens with these movies.

The frost giant fight? Possibly my favorite Marvel fight to date.
The quick cut to Thor going, "Next?" after striking that first giant was awesome and funny. I see what people mean when they said there was a little choppy editing, but it enhanced that part so much.

So yeah, though I have to see it again, as of now I'd say it's about an 8.5-9/10.

By the way-- question for comic people (if there any comic people on this site of course...)
When Loki says there are other means to getting into Asgard, is there anything in the books he's specifically referring to? Obviously they mention it to suggest both Loki and Thor can get back to Earth somehow in Avengers and other sequels, but is there anything in particular you guys may know?

Last edited:
We can HOPE the B.O. will prove it'll sell. I know Avengers will be too busy to do alot of history, so hopefully Thor 2 will be longer.

Did I mention that I cannot wait to watch this on Blu Ray a good dozen times?

(Branagh, Hemsworth and Hiddleston doing a commentary track wouldn't suck..)

I found Natalie Portman and her crew playing off of Chris Hemsworth's Thor completely enjoyable. The casting and performances worked really well. Bravo to people in charge of that sort of thing.

This is a charming movie, the best 'fish out of water' movie I can remember liking in along time.

Far better than Iron Man 2 aka the Stark Pity Party. This reaffirmed the idea that being hero requires wisdom and maturity, but that does not mean one can't enjoy being a hero. This was a great change of pace from endless angst.

Honestly, I think we'll be getting a Thor 2, and I think that's just fantastic. :up:

Holy ****, that was pretty awesome. Just as I suspected, Loki was my favorite part. Hiddleston was astounding as him, and of course as everyone's said Hemsworth is perfect as Thor as well.

The nitpicking about Thor and Jane falling in love too fast is stupid by the way, who says they're in love? They played it more like a couple at the start of a relationship who are infatuated with one another, more than anything.

I was a little thrown by how fast-paced the first act felt, but it was still great and once I see it again I'm sure it'll feel a lot smoother, as often happens with these movies.

The frost giant fight? Possibly my favorite Marvel fight to date.
The quick cut to Thor going, "Next?" after striking that first giant was awesome and funny. I see what people mean when they said there was a little choppy editing, but it enhanced that part so much.

So yeah, though I have to see it again, as of now I'd say it's about an 8.5-9/10.

By the way-- question for comic people (if there any comic people on this site of course...)
When Loki says there are other means to getting into Asgard, is there anything in the books he's specifically referring to? Obviously they mention it to suggest both Loki and Thor can get back to Earth somehow in Avengers and other sequels, but is there anything in particular you guys may know?
Sure there's other ways to Asgard, Even Thor has used them,
Biforst whether in the comics or the movie is like a point A to point B type of Transportation Highway.
Thor and Loki can dimensional Transport. Thor via Mjolnir by opening a dimensional doorway. Loki the same way via Magic.

We can HOPE the B.O. will prove it'll sell. I know Avengers will be too busy to do alot of history, so hopefully Thor 2 will be longer.

Oh, I feel Thor 2 definitely happens. It's just a question of when. I am not a runtime nazi, myself. I feel a story should end when it should end. Some films only need 90mins. Others need 3hrs. Depends on the story.

I think more Earth could have been added to this film.

Yup, autographed cards, Comic book cover classics, Concept art, Actual cards with fabric from the costumes.
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=350575

Damn...I'll have to go looking for them. I have a bunch of autographs from other movie cards and some material cards such as a piece of DareDevil's and Superman's costumes as well as part of Sauron's robe. I have a sketch card from the Twilight Zone series too.

Damn...I'll have to go looking for them. I have a bunch of autographs from other movie cards and some material cards such as a piece of DareDevil's and Superman's costumes as well as part of Sauron's robe. I have a sketch card from the Twilight Zone series too.
Well I do have doubles if you want to trade C. :D They are a VERY nice set.

Loki wined and dined me, how I am in rapturous love with Loki. So, so good.

Just like JMS's Thor run, this movie is accessible for everyone, yet it doesn't comprise anything. It's very comic book-y, yet real and believable. When Thor was flying across the bifrost, I couldn't help but smile...so awesome.

Idris Elba as Heimdall -- incredible. Man, he was great. Thor delivered more than I thought it would, can't wait to see this again.

Sure there's other ways to Asgard, Even Thor has used them,
Biforst whether in the comics or the movie is like a point A to point B type of Transportation Highway.
Thor and Loki can dimensional Transport. Thor via Mjolnir by opening a dimensional doorway. Loki the same way via Magic.

Oh ok, well that's cool.

Oh, another thing I haven't seen mentioned was how funny the throwaway line was where Thor referred to Coulson as, "Son of Coul" in their exchange. That made me chuckle.

Oh, I feel Thor 2 definitely happens. It's just a question of when. I am not a runtime nazi, myself. I feel a story should end when it should end. Some films only need 90mins. Others need 3hrs. Depends on the story.

I think more Earth could have been added to this film.
I would LOVE to see Surtur in the next Thor. That would give the chance to introduce EVERY Asgardian related Character there is, because Odin could call them all to fight Surtur like in Thor Volume 2 when he died.

I would LOVE to see Surtur in the next Thor. That would give the chance to introduce EVERY Asgardian related Character there is, because Odin could call them all to fight Surtur like in Thor Volume 2 when he died.

I think a character like Surtur is probably best saved for Thor 3, but I wouldn't be disappointed with him in 2 ;)

I think a Thor sequel likely would involve the Enchantress. I do hope this gets a sequel soon, but don't rush it like IM2 was somewhat. This movie definitely warranted a sequel. Many places to go with it. More realms to see!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"