Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the Malekith/Kurse arc is an awesome movie waiting to happen, too.

Picture this:
Loki strikes up a partnership with Malekith to take over the 9 realms. They lure Thor into a trap where he engages in battle with Algrim, Malekith's second in command. Thor and Algrim are sent hurdling into lava, and while Thor narrowly escapes Algrim is horrifically mutilated. Loki (replacing Beyonder) saves Algrim and transforms him into Kurse, significantly boosting all of his powers. Kurse is tricked into thinking the whole thing was Thor's fault and freaks out, setting about destroying Thor's life. Meanwhile Loki, Malekith and the Dark Elves set about overrunning Asgard and causing chaos.

Battles and tragedy ensue in Thor's life before Kurse realizes the whole thing was Malekith's fault. Kurse and Thor together journey to Asgard to stop Malekith and Loki. Kurse dies heroically in the process, but not before murdering the **** out of Malekith.

Of course, that whole story could also basically occur with Enchantress/Executioner taking the places of Malekith/Kurse (although Skurge wouldnt kill Amora), but Kurse is one of my favorite Thor villains. Especially when he's freaking out at Thor.

I agree this would be quite an awesome arc for the 2nd film and I kow this might sound crazy, but I'd rather see Loki play a more "behind the scenes" part in Thor 2.

I love Kurse as well but I'm a bit more eager to see Executioner, then again, I'm more eager to see Malekith than Enchantress.

So many cool villains, it makes it harder for me to try and pick specific ones that I'd like to see in the sequel.

I know I'm gonna recieve alot of s*** for this, but I would HATE for Cap to lift Thor's hammer on film. I know it could establish him as the "unquestioned leader" or "brother in arms" or whatever, but it would also take away a bit of Thor's uniqueness.

I would also HATE for anyone besides Cap to use Cap's shield, I've just always felt keeping a character's uniqueness is one of the most important things superhero films.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"