Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like seeing characters like Beta Ray Bill in CMB films, it's like "Wow, he has the same powers as the main hero" :dry:. Characters like that should stay in the comic books in my opinion, they steal the thunder from the main heroes (no pun intented).

I really don't care for seeing any Olympians in the MCU either (especially a Thor film), I think the Asgardians are enough.

I know how you feel.

Can you imagine IM2 had War Machine, Thor 2 BRB, Cap 2 US Agent, Hulk 2 Rulk. It would suck hard.

Just keep the main hero with his uniqueness intact.

I had a funny thought the other day.... Alex Skargard as Baldur in a potential sequel? It'd just be nice to fit him in this universe somewhere :)

Otherwise, Baldur would be a great character to bring up in sequels, to add to the conflict within the family
If they really wanted to freak people out they could hire Routh :cwink:

I do love Brandon Routh.

I don't see why Olympians wouldn't work in the MCU, it's essentially the same concept of Asgard. It'd be funny if Thor made a reference, like...

Jane Foster: Wait, you're a norse god? A real Norse god?

Thor: What of it? It's no stranger than the gods of Olympus.

Jane Foster: There are real Greek Gods TOO?!?

Can't believe we're finally hitting some release dates.

I do love Brandon Routh.

I don't see why Olympians wouldn't work in the MCU, it's essentially the same concept of Asgard. It'd be funny if Thor made a reference, like...

Jane Foster: Wait, you're a norse god? A real Norse god?

Thor: What of it? It's no stranger than the gods of Olympus.

Jane Foster: There are real Greek Gods TOO?!?
I think the Olympians would work fine. And who doesn't want to see Thor tussle with Hercules?

Put me down for the Executioner and Enchantress, as well as a Balder appearance, for a sequel. I'm a little surprised Balder didn't make the cut this go around.

Not really. He can be an interesting character but he serves no real purpose beyond that. He was the first person other than Thor to lift Mjolnir.

I agree; I don't think introducing a goat-faced alien who has the same power as Thor is a bad idea for the sequel. I think a better idea is to focus more on the Warrior Three & Sif in the sequel, and just introduce new villain or two like Enchantess to the new movie. I also think Loki should always be in a Thor movie, pulling strings and creating havoc.

Speaking of lifting Mjolnir, how about this can of worms to open.......... Would anyone else lose their **** (in a good way) if Cap lifted Mjolnir in The Avengers (or a sequel)?

Speaking of lifting Mjolnir, how about this can of worms to open.......... Would anyone else lose their **** (in a good way) if Cap lifted Mjolnir in The Avengers (or a sequel)?
Not in a good way.

I'd be fine with Cap lifting Mjolnir, but down the road. I rather not see that right out of the gate with The Avengers. Maybe after a sequel or two.

I dunno, there's something about anyone else lifting Mjolnir on film that rubs me the wrong way. It should be established as a very personal thing for Thor. It'd be like someone else donning Tony Stark's red-and-golds.

Really? I think it would be a great team bonding moment for the Avengers and a character defining moment for Cap. I mean, Cap is the only character I ever accepted to be able to lift the hammer. I mean, Stark is trying to be a good person but he is no where near worthy, nor is Hulk or Hawkeye etc.

If Cap lifted that hammer, not only would it have a profound effect on Thor, but I can see the entire team unquivocally accepting him as leader. It would instantly put all scepticism aside.

Really? I think it would be a great team bonding moment for the Avengers and a character defining moment for Cap. I mean, Cap is the only character I ever accepted to be able to lift the hammer. I mean, Stark is trying to be a good person but he is no where near worthy, nor is Hulk or Hawkeye etc.

If Cap lifted that hammer, not only would it have a profound effect on Thor, but I can see the entire team unquivocally accepting him as leader. It would instantly put all scepticism aside.
i'm cool with cap lifting it, but down the line. you gotta build suspense with these things

I suppose. But there are other, better ways of establishing Cap as the unquestioned leader.

Chewy said:
I dunno, there's something about anyone else lifting Mjolnir on film that rubs me the wrong way. It should be established as a very personal thing for Thor. It'd be like someone else donning Tony Stark's red-and-golds.

Oh I agree, it would have to be handled with care. But because it is such a personal thing to Thor, it also has the potential to be extremely meaningful. I would equate it to Navi's bonding their ponytail things etc, but for Cap to lift Mjolnir it would be like the hammer itself accepts Cap, which would almost forge an immediate and eternal bond between Thor and Cap. Hell, it would essentially make them blood brothers. Imagine if Cap picked it up (no finesse mind you, not knowing how to use the powers of it) and just beat the ever loving crap out of whatever villain they were facing. Then he holds it outstretched to a stunned Thor and said something like "This is yours." And then have Thor call him Brother or something, or kneel to him. I think that could be an amazing moment between Thor and Cap.

Alot of the talk for Avengers has been about the contrast between Stark and Rogers but I always loved the relationship between Thor and Cap just as much.

Chewy said:
I suppose. But there are other, better ways of establishing Cap as the unquestioned leader.

As a leader, perhaps, but as a friend and brother in arms? Earning that level of respect and love from a god would be no easy feat :p

Like I mentioned, I'm fine with it down the road. I want the films to really establish what a unique weapon Mjolnir is for Thor. Too early and I don't think the GA would get that.

Yeah, I reckon Avengers 2.

Avengers one would be more about forming the team, having them learn to work together. 2 would be about cementing them all to one another as a family type bond. Whedon's great at that. Think of Firefly, the team dynamic is like a family.

Loki manipulating Humanity into believing that Thor is a mentally unstable result of a failed attempt to reproduce the Supersoldier Program and turning the government against him would be interesting to see.

Oh I agree, it would have to be handled with care. But because it is such a personal thing to Thor, it also has the potential to be extremely meaningful. I would equate it to Navi's bonding their ponytail things etc, but for Cap to lift Mjolnir it would be like the hammer itself accepts Cap, which would almost forge an immediate and eternal bond between Thor and Cap. Hell, it would essentially make them blood brothers. Imagine if Cap picked it up (no finesse mind you, not knowing how to use the powers of it) and just beat the ever loving crap out of whatever villain they were facing. Then he holds it outstretched to a stunned Thor and said something like "This is yours." And then have Thor call him Brother or something, or kneel to him. I think that could be an amazing moment between Thor and Cap.

Alot of the talk for Avengers has been about the contrast between Stark and Rogers but I always loved the relationship between Thor and Cap just as much.

Yeah, if this scene happens in the Avengers it could be very powerful scene indeed, and can instantly give Cap the credibility to become the leader of the Avengers (even though power-wise he's obviously weaker than either Thor or IM). Since Whedon is a fanboy and a comic book writer, hopefully he will come up with great scene like this one you suggested.

Protocida said:
Loki manipulating Humanity into believing that Thor is a mentally unstable result of a failed attempt to reproduce the Supersoldier Program and turning the government against him would be interesting to see.

To me this was one of the stand out stories in the Ultimates. Having everything gradually crumble as a result of Loki. People are convinced Thor is mentally unstable, Cap is an imposter (which would work quite well, because of how readily everyone accepts it is THE Captain America) etc, all to distract an attack from the league of villains. Hell, they could even still have Black Widow be a double agent.

That story would go well with a sequel, since that is a common formula for good superhero sequels. The first one is about the forming of the team and the bond, the second one is a huge ordeal to test those bonds.

Not to mention it'd be cool to see the Liberators (I'd mix them with the Masters of Terror tough. Baron Zemo, the Executioner, Crimson Dynamo, Abomination, Black Widow, Wonder-Man, Swarm and Cyclone). Red Skull and Hydra could be financing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"