The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Thread Manager, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

Nope, it was the lame GL trailer.

2. Ipodman Love Tension

I didn't even get any superhero trailers... :( I got Source Code :dry:

3. Wolvieboy17 Believe it!

I still want to see Source Code. It's getting bagged by people, but after Moon, i'll see anything Duncan Jones directs.

4. Darkness Falls We Could Be Heroes.....

went in 10mins before the previews started i got
    pirates
    X-men: First Class (the one with the president voice over)
    Transformers 3
    super 8

i was pissed cause my friend went to another cinema and saw all those plus green lantern and cap

5. herolee10 No More Miracles

Man it sucks that so many people have gotten the chance to watch the film already.lol

I have so many FINALS due for my college courses next week, so it's somewhat poetic justice that I have to go through hell before being able to see Thor.lol

6. spidey-dude Y.N.W.A

hmmmmn i think the one i saw might have been just under 2 hours :(

7. henry_9305 Registered

Can't wait to see Thor kicks some a$$ tomorrow!

8. Brian Braddock R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Abolutely love all of this that's going on at the moment. I think it's pretty safe to say that Branagh [and thus Marvel] have hit this one out of the park.

So pleased.

9. JKM Registered

Saw the film on Monday (advanced showing) and plan on seeing it again Friday. Excellent film in almost every way. A solid 9/10 from me.

My only complaint would be
    The Destroyer fight near the end was a little underwhelming when Thor retrieved his Hammer, although it was still awesome to just to see it fight the other asgardians.
    Oh, and the trailers I saw were PotC, X-men First class (trailer 1), and Captain America. No adverts either, couldn't of turned out better. :D

10. Whiskey Tango Registered

Here's another negative, from a guy who basically does nothing but explain the entire plot - This is London - Good fun for boys, then, from 10 to 12. - 2/5 stars

Birmingham Post

11. Ahura Mazda Registered

I saw the movie last night. It was good but not great. I enjoyed it and will be seeing it again tomorrow night.

I did like Thor's powers that were full on display but I had the feeling the movie was a big set up for the next chapter and not its own entity.

12. Ipodman Love Tension

You saw the trailer for Transformers 3??!! :wow:

13. paulogonza Registered

if the brazilian reviews will put inRT the score will down fast, because here the negative reviews are much more then the good reviews , anyway seeing it tomorrow, i dont care too much for critics.

14. Ajendo Registered

Saw this film for the 4th time.

I cant wait for the banter between Thor and Star and to see goldilocks go one on one with the green ogre. The avengers as a team are so characteristically different, seeing the team dynamic trying to get along is worth watching all by itself.

15. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

I don't think many(if any at all) are registered with RT. RT doesn't get every review there is of a film but only critics who are registered and meet their criteria.

16. kedrell Fork&SpoonOperator

That's one of the things that'll really set them apart from stuff like the X-Men or Fantastic Four for the general audience.

17. Sgt.Pepper Nowhere Man

Just watched the film earlier today and I had a blast watching it. I was entertained throughout the whole film thanks to the script, the visual effects (Asgard looks stunning as hell) and the performances especially by Hemsworth and Hiddleston, who both completely embodies their respective characters.

Overall, the movie delivers everything I expected and more. I'm already excited to watch the movie again.

4/5

18. Wesley Dodds He Who Lurks ...

Caught the movie Monday night and absolutely adored it. And that's coming from someone who's never read a Thor book and has never been particularly enthused enthused with the character. Acting, writing and direction were all top notch (With Branagh actually being suprisingly adept at the action scenes)
    This film is easily on par with Iron Man as Marvels best film so far.

One question: Why is this comig out so late in the US? It arrived in my local theatre on Sunday night...

19. Roose Bolton Son of Katas

just came back from seeing it for the third time, loved it! hemsworth and hiddleston were both perfect for their respective roles. oh and uh 1st post !!!

20. Green Ghost Registered

Saw it yesterday and it was good. It didn't catch me like other movies, but I wasn't bored either...I would rate it with 6/10.

But 3D was not worth the extra money for the ticket! Only 2-3 scenes were quite nice 3D (one beeing the end credits) but for the most time the movie wasn't really different from 2D...

21. LEX No justice; just us.

Having been underwhelmed by Marvel's last effort, Iron Man 2, I went in this with few expectations, amongst them one of mild disappointment. Before, my interest in the character of Thor was as minimal as it could get. But Thor really impressed me. The story and writing were spot-on, as were the characters and gags, the latter of which I wasn't expecting and got lots of laughs.

Above all, Hemsworth wasn't as cringe-worthy as I'd feared. I suffered through his wooden acting for too long when I used to watch Home and Away way back when, so I was glad to see he's improved here. No doubt Branagh whipped him into shape. They made Thor relatable. Yet Hiddleston stole his thunder, pun intended, every time the two were on-screen. Looking forward to seeing him in The Avengers. And I was caught completely off-guard by not so much a blink-and-miss cameo as a super-glorified one of a certain someone. That was an awesome surprise.

This definitely ranks up there with Iron Man, if not higher, and serves to further excite me for Captain America, which I hope is half as good as either of them.

22. Figs Registered

45 reviews on Rottentomatoes and it's still in the 90% percentile.

23. Ajendo Registered

Yeah Loki was awesome! Hiddleston's performance was nuanced and never ever OTT even when he was cutting loose with his anger and rage at Odin and Thor.

I am so glad that Loki is now going to try and take hold of the cosmic cube. Seeing that and hearing Jackson's fury talk about myth and history sent goosebumps down my spine. Oh and Hawkeye was awesome to see too!

Elba was awesome too! A very solid film and I expect great things from captain america and once CA is released my excitement for the avengers will be too much to contain.

24. Crockett With Teeth

Branagh did a great job introducing Thor properly in anticipation of The Avengers. The part that I like is the when it delves on the relationship Thor has between Odin and Thor. Hemsworth did well and Hiddleston's performance as Loki is just superb. The film has a good balance to the tone, the comedy element is not off-putting and is actually complement well to the Iron Man movies, also the action does not disappoint either. DAT after-the credits scene. :wow:

4/5

25. the_ultimate_evil CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

the first mediocre review of the film i've seen

http://aintitbalenews.com/node/696

personally i think the guy is talking out of his ass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.