The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It all came down to Loki wanting to prove his worth to both his father and Thor that he was the rightful successor. That's why he was so eager to destroy the frost people. He wanted to end the conflict through genocide.

Idk i just really wasn't feeling the character, i thought it was one of the weaker comic book villains to be adapated.

Read the Walter Simonson run. It's a must.

Ha! One of his books is on my library holds list. I don't know if it's his whole run, but at least I'll get some of it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Knew you'd enjoy it C! I loved it for the most part, just wish they didn't chop it like they did. There's some pretty decent scenes they cut from the script that I know were filmed because I have the collector cards from those scenes. :D

Idk i just really wasn't feeling the character, i thought it was one of the weaker comic book villains to be adapated.

I thought he was one of the most realistic (an alien god being left out of it).....a sad resentful child looking for the love of his father.

Perhaps there's a chance for a Director's/Extended cut!?
All we've heard from Kenneth is there 20 minutes or more footage and scenes that WILL be on the DVD. He didn't say if they'd be ADDED to the movie or put in a Deleted Scenes section on the dvd like TIH.

Knew you'd enjoy it C! I loved it for the most part, just wish they didn't chop it like they did. There's some pretty decent scenes they cut from the script that I know were filmed because I have the collector cards from those scenes. :D

I did my best to not read anything about it before I went.

Are you saying they've released movie cards from it? I have a collection of other movie cards.

I hadn't been following spoilers at all on this one, so I was pleasantly surprised with the cameo. :up:

My favorite line in the whole movie: "I need a horse!" :funny:

This movie has me even more excited for Cap, and The Avengers.

Thor should be alot higher on RT than it is. I think some reviewers are crapping on this because they are either tired of comic book movies or they don't like the MCU continuity. I'm not saying this is the best movie ever, but compared to Fast 5, Thor is vastly superior in every aspect.

It's RT score is about what it deserves.

I can't wait to see Avengers to see what Loki has planned. With Loki always keep in mind he's ALWAYS planning ahead. I wouldn't be a bit Surprised if...

...The Loki we saw fall into the abyss at the end was one of his duplicates.

Yeah, I caught a little of it during my lunch hour today, and Loki here is basically just starting out, so to speak, on his path to being the mischief maker for the rest of the Marvelverse. He has his own agenda for dealing with the frost giants, which is actually understandable to anyone that feels small compared to a sibling, but you already get the feeling he's just starting.

Are you saying they've released movie cards from it? I have a collection of other movie cards.

I love movie cards!

IF only they would make a special edition Director's cut for TIH before Avengers came out!:(

I hadn't been following spoilers at all on this one, so I was pleasantly surprised with the cameo. :up:

My favorite line in the whole movie: "I need a horse!" :funny:

This movie has me even more excited for Cap, and The Avengers.
I think mine was,

When Loki had just smoothed things over with Laufey and they turn to leave and the one Giants says, "Run away Princess" and Thor grips Mjolnir tighter and Loki says, "Oh No" lol

I can't believe it. Thor is down to 80% in RT. :cmad: I swear if thor is categorized in the same level as SR or even TIH, then that's just even more sad.

Yeah Upper Deck has a movie set out. :D NICE collectors set. Check your local Target, that's where I found them.

I think mine was,

When Loki had just smoothed things over with Laufey and they turn to leave and the one Giants says, "Run away Princess" and Thor grips Mjolnir tighter and Loki says, "Oh No" lol

I love that scene.

From the moment Thor walks away, I knew that Laufey will say something to piss Thor off.

I think mine was,

I loved that part too. When that whole sequence started, I knew I was going to love this movie.

I love that scene.

From the moment Thor walks away, I knew that Laufey will say something to piss Thor off.

Indeed! I was snickering for a few minutes after that. lol

I doubt it will.:word:

I mean don't get me wrong folks, regardless of what RT says, I'll still enjoy the film, but it sucks when one of your most anticipated films doesn't get the praise that it deserves.

I'm seriously hoping that by the end of the month, that Thor is back up to 89% in RT.

I can't believe it. Thor is down to 80% in RT. :cmad: I swear if thor is categorized in the same level as SR or even TIH, then that's just even more sad.

I'm hoping some more positives come in. There's still going to be 75 or so reviews to come in. The most notable exception who hasn't reviewed it is Ebert, and I'd be shocked if he doesn't give it praise.

As I said of the summer movies so far, it's vastly superior to Fast 5 (most notably much, much, much better acting).

Thor is going to go down in the top 5 Superhero movies of all time. Sorry to dissapoint the haters, but it's true. Again I have to laugh at people who say this movie played it safe, this movie could have came off like that He-man abomination they made in the 80's. Thankfully it's just the right tone of serious, but not too serious.

People are going to react how they're going to react, but IMO the critics who are ranting against Thor are nothing but crusty turds, especially the ones that had the audacity to give Fast 5 a good review and this a bad one. The combined acting skills of the entire cast of Fast 5, wouldn't fill the fingernail of Anthony Hopkins performance in Thor.

I HAD two and a Half full sets of the Keaton Batman. :D I also had EVERY Bat-mobile from that movie. lol

I used to have those Batman cards, I forgot what happened to them. I still have Empire Strikes Back and Back to the Future II cards, and I think I may still have Terminator 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"