The Official 'Thor Rate & Review' thread - Part 1

Discussion in 'Thor' started by Thread Manager, Apr 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TX85 Registered

Perhaps there's a chance for a Director's/Extended cut!?

2. Wolverine1988 Registered

Idk i just really wasn't feeling the character, i thought it was one of the weaker comic book villains to be adapated.

3. SpideyForPrez Pandering to Webublicans

Ha! One of his books is on my library holds list. I don't know if it's his whole run, but at least I'll get some of it. Thanks for the recommendation.

4. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Knew you'd enjoy it C! I loved it for the most part, just wish they didn't chop it like they did. There's some pretty decent scenes they cut from the script that I know were filmed because I have the collector cards from those scenes. :D

5. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I thought he was one of the most realistic (an alien god being left out of it).....a sad resentful child looking for the love of his father.

6. Vartha Mod of Thunder

All we've heard from Kenneth is there 20 minutes or more footage and scenes that WILL be on the DVD. He didn't say if they'd be ADDED to the movie or put in a Deleted Scenes section on the dvd like TIH.

7. C. Lee Superherohype Administrator

I did my best to not read anything about it before I went.

Are you saying they've released movie cards from it? I have a collection of other movie cards.

8. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I hadn't been following spoilers at all on this one, so I was pleasantly surprised with the cameo. :up:

My favorite line in the whole movie: "I need a horse!" :funny:

This movie has me even more excited for Cap, and The Avengers.

9. jmc away for a while

It's RT score is about what it deserves.

10. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I can't wait to see Avengers to see what Loki has planned. With Loki always keep in mind he's ALWAYS planning ahead. I wouldn't be a bit Surprised if...

...The Loki we saw fall into the abyss at the end was one of his duplicates.

11. terry78 He will eat YOU... if you are wrong

Yeah, I caught a little of it during my lunch hour today, and Loki here is basically just starting out, so to speak, on his path to being the mischief maker for the rest of the Marvelverse. He has his own agenda for dealing with the frost giants, which is actually understandable to anyone that feels small compared to a sibling, but you already get the feeling he's just starting.

12. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I love movie cards!

13. TX85 Registered

IF only they would make a special edition Director's cut for TIH before Avengers came out!:(

14. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I think mine was,

When Loki had just smoothed things over with Laufey and they turn to leave and the one Giants says, "Run away Princess" and Thor grips Mjolnir tighter and Loki says, "Oh No" lol

15. herolee10 No More Miracles

I can't believe it. Thor is down to 80% in RT. :cmad: I swear if thor is categorized in the same level as SR or even TIH, then that's just even more sad.

16. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

Not really.

17. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Yeah Upper Deck has a movie set out. :D NICE collectors set. Check your local Target, that's where I found them.

18. Sgt.Pepper Nowhere Man

I love that scene.

From the moment Thor walks away, I knew that Laufey will say something to piss Thor off.

19. Gamma Burst Registered

I doubt it will.:word:

20. Vartha Mod of Thunder

I HAD two and a Half full sets of the Keaton Batman. :D I also had EVERY Bat-mobile from that movie. lol

21. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I loved that part too. When that whole sequence started, I knew I was going to love this movie.

22. Vartha Mod of Thunder

Indeed! I was snickering for a few minutes after that. lol

23. herolee10 No More Miracles

I mean don't get me wrong folks, regardless of what RT says, I'll still enjoy the film, but it sucks when one of your most anticipated films doesn't get the praise that it deserves.

I'm seriously hoping that by the end of the month, that Thor is back up to 89% in RT.

24. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I'm hoping some more positives come in. There's still going to be 75 or so reviews to come in. The most notable exception who hasn't reviewed it is Ebert, and I'd be shocked if he doesn't give it praise.

As I said of the summer movies so far, it's vastly superior to Fast 5 (most notably much, much, much better acting).

Thor is going to go down in the top 5 Superhero movies of all time. Sorry to dissapoint the haters, but it's true. Again I have to laugh at people who say this movie played it safe, this movie could have came off like that He-man abomination they made in the 80's. Thankfully it's just the right tone of serious, but not too serious.

People are going to react how they're going to react, but IMO the critics who are ranting against Thor are nothing but crusty turds, especially the ones that had the audacity to give Fast 5 a good review and this a bad one. The combined acting skills of the entire cast of Fast 5, wouldn't fill the fingernail of Anthony Hopkins performance in Thor.

25. danoyse Snikt. Stab. Repeat.

I used to have those Batman cards, I forgot what happened to them. I still have Empire Strikes Back and Back to the Future II cards, and I think I may still have Terminator 2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.