Thor News and Pics Thread: Impending Super Bowl Spot Edition - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no problem with Dennings lines in the movie. When you think about it, Thor's situation is very dramatic. He has lost his powers, he is a cast out. And it is a summer blockbuster, so naturally the drama has to be lightend up a bit. Dennings does this very well.

I am gonna try my hardest to stay away from any other clips. Especially Action clips. I rather see all the action when i see the movie

From here on out I'm no watching any clips (including trailers if I can help it), & I'll stop coming to the Thor forums too after today & just generally try to forget anything I might have heard about it, until I see the film. Total radio silence.
I'll do the same for Cap when the time comes.

Best to keep it fresh upon first viewing, it's usually much more enjoyable.

From here on out I'm no watching any clips (including trailers if I can help it), & I'll stop coming to the Thor forums too after today & just generally try to forget anything I might have heard about it, until I see the film. Total radio silence.
I'll do the same for Cap when the time comes.

Best to keep it fresh upon first viewing, it's usually much more enjoyable.
Good luck. I tried it every time since 1999. Never worked. I'll always spoil myself...and I LOVE it!

I normally adore Dennings. . .

That new photo of Thor kneeling in front of the hammer is EPIC.

Don't you know that laughing is verboten?

VERBOTEN!!!

:doom: :doom: :doom:

I can't speak for everyone else that finds her annoying but it's not about there being humour in the film, it's good for these movie to be fun. It's about her being obnoxious and the humour being bad, close to FF bad.

In Australia, we get the premiere Thursday, 21st April.
Saw this huge billboard driving into the city of Sydney yesterday:

ThorBillboardPosterinCremorneSydneyAustraliaMarch2011.jpg

It astounds me how Marvel's marketing dept still hasn't clued into how Thor's historical mythology profoundly affected Anglo Saxon culture resulting in a day of the week being named after him.

It's awsome that marketing in Australia seems to "get it", opening on a Thursday.

Good luck. I tried it every time since 1999. Never worked. I'll always spoil myself...and I LOVE it!

Don't worry, I've done this for pretty much every film I've looked forward to since Spider-man 3 where I was watching all the clips & then got burned when I saw the film.
I don't find it difficult to hold back on clicking a link & avoid spoilers. I have the patience of a ninja Marmoset.:ninja:

I do the same for anticipated albums.:yay:

Hey EditNinjam where abouts in town is that? I've yet to see a Thor poster. Is that near the Orpheum?

Also, as much as I love that clip, why does he call 'hammer, hammer' rather than Mjolnir?

For the same reason that he says "Oh no this is Earth isn't it?" Instead of "Oh no this is Midgard isn't it?" Because the average movie goer wouldn't know what the heck he was talking about. This has to appeal to and be understood by more than just comic fans to be successful.

For the same reason that he says "Oh no this is Earth isn't it?" Instead of "Oh no this is Midgard isn't it?" Because the average movie goer wouldn't know what the heck he was talking about. This has to appeal to and be understood by more than just comic fans to be successful.
All he had to do was to call his hammer Mjolnir once or twice before his banishment to earth and that would be a non-issue.

On the other hand, why would he call his hammer Mjolnir in this particular scene? The strangers he has met would have no idea what he was searching. If I had a dog called Rex and he was missing, I wouldn't go and ask people if they have seen my Rex. I'd ask them about my dog.

Thank you for providing with me with my first genuine LOL of the day

If you liked that, you would have loved my girlfriends response.

"You there, what realm is this?!?"

"Why, it's Christmas realm sah!"

Philly Phanboy said:
It astounds me how Marvel's marketing dept still hasn't clued into how Thor's historical mythology profoundly affected Anglo Saxon culture resulting in a day of the week being named after him.

It's awsome that marketing in Australia seems to "get it", opening on a Thursday.

Or a lucky coincidence. All our films are released on thursdays.

Haha, I am exactly the same! Can't help myself. :woot::csad:

If it's named in scenes prior to that, it's fine. The non comic reader would have no idea who people like Volstag, Fandral or Hogun were until they are introduced, and by the banishment scene, we've seen Thor use his hammer on how many frost giants?

R Hythloedues said:
On the other hand, why would he call his hammer Mjolnir in this particular scene? The strangers he has met would have no idea what he was searching. If I had a dog called Rex and he was missing, I wouldn't go and ask people if they have seen my Rex. I'd ask them about my dog.

Well, to me it doesn't look like he's even talking to them. He's calling out to the hammer, and then he calls out to the thunder. I thought that was awesome, that he sees both the hammer and the elements as entities.

Mmm. Dennings. I can't complain. That mouth to mouth line was pretty funny. :woot: I like when my movies can make fun of themselves so Thor being cut off and tazed is just great to me.

I don't get people complaining about Dennings. If you ask me, she's necessary to the whole dynamic. You've got a God banished to earth, then you've got two scientists who seem fairly open to accepting the otherworldly, from what we've seen. It's important to have that one person to represent a normal human, who can just go "Dude, what the **** is going on?!?"

I don't get people complaining about Dennings. If you ask me, she's necessary to the whole dynamic. You've got a God banished to earth, then you've got two scientists who seem fairly open to accepting the otherworldly, from what we've seen. It's important to have that one person to represent a normal human, who can just go "Dude, what the **** is going on?!?"

Here we go for the thousandth time...

That's perfectly fine to have that kind of character, but her lines and mainly her line delivery and voice are annoying. It's not the fact that they have humour in this film, that's perfectly fine and I enjoy it...when it's good.

Wonderful clip. :up: I didn't find Dennings's character annoying at all. Maybe she'll irritate me in large doses, but she's worked for me so far.

I also loved that behind the scenes video. It's comforting to know that so much love and concern for the characters goes into creating movies like this.

That's perfectly fine to have that kind of character, but her lines and mainly her line delivery and voice are annoying. It's not the fact that they have humour in this film, that's perfectly fine and I enjoy it...when it's good.

Nothing wrong with the humor.

I understand if someone doesn't like it, opinions differ, but that doesn't mean theres anything wrong with it.

Its just an opinion.

Her voice is annoying?

Her voice is annoying?

I'm lucky if I can look her in the face when she's talking, let alone summon the presence of mind to get annoyed at her voice.

:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papapasmurfsmur
Back