The Official Wolverine FAQ

Nightwing 52

Things change
Reaction score
This thread is for the new people here who have questions about the film's progression.

I'm starting it off with some already answered questions, and what we know so far:

- Gavin Hood is directing the film

- David Benioff is writing the script

- Filming has already begun

- The release date has been set for May 1, 2009

- The film has been confirmed to focus on Wolverine's past/origin

- Liev Schreiber will play Sabertooth

- Troye Sivan Mellet will play young Logan

- Danny Huston will play William Stryker

- Taylor Kitsch will play Gambit

- Ryan Reynolds will play Deadpool

- Lynn Collins will play Silver Fox

- Will.i.am will play John Wraith

- Dominic Monaghan will play Beak

- Daniel Henney will play Agent Zero

- Scott Adkins will play Weapon 11

- Tim Pocock will play Scott Summers

First official image:

wolverinefirstod9.jpg

If there's something that needs to be added, let me know. This thread will always be updated with whatever new information we get.

The Origins of Wolverine and Magneto?

Source: XMenFilms.net
July 23, 2007

XMenFilms.net has discovered something very interesting about the "X-Men" spinoffs:

Are the upcoming X-Men spin-off films using 'Origins' in their titles? Here's something very interesting. Type in wolverineorigins.com or magnetoorigins.com and you'll get directed to 20th Century Fox's official website!

We've found that the studio registered these domain names in June of this year, so we might be looking at the preliminary names for the spin-offs of Wolverine and Magneto!

Really, it might be too early to know if these are the official film titles, but it's definitely something to chew on.

Email Story to a Friend | Discuss on the Boards

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6046
SDCC 07: Mane Talks Wolverine

Will he reprise his role as Sabretooth for the spinoff?
by Stax

July 27, 2007 - IGN had the chance to speak with wrestler-turned-actor Tyler Mane today at Comic-Con where we asked him about the possibility of his reprising the role of the villainous Sabretooth in Fox's planned Wolverine solo flick.

"I have no idea what they're planning," Mane began. "The actors are the last to know and hear about that. Who knows what the writers have [cooked up]. We'll see."

Mane is well aware of the past history shared by his X-Men character and that of Wolverine, played by Hugh Jackman. "Yeah, the whole backstory about possibly being (Wolverine's) father, and Sabretooth having adamantium. I know. I researched it when I did (X-Men in 2000)."

Mane is definitely game for another shot at playing Victor Creed. "I would love to. I would love to bring Sabretooth back to the screen. There's just so much more that I'd love to do with him."

Wolverine will begin filming this fall under the direction of Gavin Hood.
Source.

Wolverine Prepping for a November Start

Source: Advanced Dark
September 9, 2007

The Xverse has learned that 20th Century Fox is preparing Wolverine for a November start with Hugh Jackman returning as the title character.

The site adds that, while the previous three "X-Men" films have been shot in Vancouver, the new spin-off will be shot in Sydney, Australia.

The film will be directed by Gavin Hood (Rendition, Tsotsi) from a script by David Benioff.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6280

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22384695-5006022,00.html

Femme captures Daughters' favourite son
Article from: Sunday Herald Sun
September 09, 2007 12:00am

FORMER McLeod's Daughters favourite Aaron Jeffery and La Femme Nikita star Peta Wilson have revealed they are co-stars on and off screen.

The couple, who have finally confirmed they are dating, are starring together in Beautiful, an Australian film being shot in South Australia.

"It's been eight months, and we've finally decided to let the cat out of the bag," said Jeffrey yesterday.

Beautiful also stars Tahyna Tozzi and Hugh Jackman's wife Deborra-Lee Furness.

While Furness is preparing for the film, sources say her Hollywood heavyweight husband is getting closer to making major announcements about his next film, Wolverine.

The strong word is Wolverine will be filmed in Sydney and New Zealand.

Production is tipped to begin before the end of the year.

Jackman is filming Australia, alongside Nicole Kidman.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3234&Itemid=99

Now on to Wolverine, we can confirm earlier reports that Wolverine will definitely start shooting in November in Australia and that the title, Wolverine, is not only the working title for the solo film but will the final name for the film.

Good news for fans, while this is a spin-off from the X-Men films that will feature Logan aka Wolverine, 20th Century Fox is planning to debut some of the most beloved mutants from the X-Universe in the film. I can’t divulge which mutant will make his/her big screen debut but all I will say that it’s my favorite mutant ever, enough said for now.

Casting for the fourth mutant film is expected to start within the next 30 days.

Wow, David Benioff is writing Wolverine. Can't wait!

Anyone read the fabulous book "The Kite Runner"?? It's being released as a movie on November 2 and Benioff wrote the screenplay. I can't wait to see that movie.

Hmm, not sure about the Kite Runner but 25th Hour was a masterpiece. Both as a novel/screen play and as a movie.

David Weinstein is currently busy working on pre-visualization for the film. His previous work includes Star Wars, Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and The Matrix.

20th Century Fox have also secured Visual Effects Coordinator
Damien Carr, a man who has worked alongside ILM (Industrial Light & Magic) on some of the biggest blockbusters to hit our screens recently. His credits include Pirates of the Carribean, Transformers and The Chronicles of Narnia. Also working in the VFX department is Visual Effects Producer Greg Baxter (Thir13en Ghosts, Epic Movie).

http://www.thexverse.com/news/0475.shtml

Wonder why a visual effects guy with such a resume of epic movies is needed on Wolverine though, which isn't an epic effects-driven movie as far as we know. Sounds like Damien Carr would have been more suited to X3.

Wonder why a visual effects guy with such a resume of epic movies is needed on Wolverine though, which isn't an epic effects-driven movie as far as we know. Sounds like Damien Carr would have been more suited to X3.
That was my thinking as well. Maybe Fox are amping up the action in the movie?

Wow! :eek:

Wolverine is getting some good talent involved. While I don't like Wolverine and don't care about his story, this could be a great film.

(I'm glad for TheXverse as it gets some activity now with the spin-offs)

:D

Wow! :eek:

Wolverine is getting some good talent involved. While I don't like Wolverine and don't care about his story, this could be a great film.

(I'm glad for TheXverse as it gets some activity now with the spin-offs)

:D

At first the idea of a Wolverine solo movie didn't really appeal to me, but it has grown on me over time. Especially if they involve some other mutants as well. I have to say I am looking forward to X-Men: Origins more and more as well.

Let's hope they have some great additions to the cast as well for this one.

I agree :up:

The future looks good for X-Men films!

If Hood keeps the massive clone army storyline intact, I can see why they would hire someone like Damien Carr.

I wonder will any revelations from Wolverine: Origins come into play for the film..

I predict the filmmakers will head for PG-13 territory in the final cut..but hopefully there will be an unrated, more violent version of the dvd..

I really hope that they DON'T go for PG-13, that would make it lamer than X3. At the very least M-15+ if they must, but a full hardcore R rating would be more awesome.

Wolverine Set for May 1, 2009

Source: Variety
October 18, 2007

20th Century Fox has set a May 1, 2009 release date for Hugh Jackman starrer X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which director Gavin Hood (Rendition, Tsotsi) begins shooting later this year. David Benioff wrote the script.

"Wolverine" is expected to feature many other mutants -- some new to the film franchise and some from one or more of the three "X-Men" films. Liev Schreiber is reportedly in final talks to take on the role of a younger version of nemesis William Stryker, played by Brian Cox in X2.

As of now, the only other film staking out the May 1, 2009, date is Disney's animated film G-Force.

The film explores the claw-wielding character Wolverine's violent and romantic past, and his complex relationship with Victor Creed and the ominous Weapon X program, as well as his encounters with other mutants.

Hood will start shooting in Australia before moving to New Zealand and, later, to New Orleans.

Producing are Lauren Shuler Donner and Ralph Winter, producers of the "X-Men" movies, along with Jackman and producing partner John Palermo through their Seed Productions. Marvel's Kevin Feige will executive produce.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6416
Additional Wolverine Shooting Details

Source: Advanced Dark
October 18, 2007

Now that we know the release date for X-Men Origins: Wolverine, Scene.co.nz has provided even more shooting details:

[Wolverine] will be shot around Queenstown and Central Otago over December and January.

According to industry sources, who asked not to be named, a production office has already been set up in town to employ several locals and out-of-towners.

The four- to six-week shoot could see 100 or more Queenstowners hired as set builders, grips, runners, drivers, caterers and the like.

More than one set will be built in the Wakatipu but shooting will also take place in Central Otago, including Naseby.

Interior shooting will take place afterwards at Fox Studios in Sydney.

Stay tuned for more on the spin-off!

http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=6418

Harry Gregson-Williams Scoring Wolverine

Source: The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency
October 29, 2007

The Gorfaine/Schwartz Agency has revealed that Harry Gregson-Williams is set to compose the score for 20th Century Fox's X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

The composer has worked on a great amount of projects (see full list here), but some of his more recent scores are Gone Baby Gone and Shrek the Third.

He also is doing The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, as well as Jerry Bruckheimer's G-Force, which is currently scheduled to hit theaters the same date as "Wolverine" - May 1, 2009.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=6460

I think it is posted elsewhere but Jackman and the producers are going for a PG-13 rating.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4259685a1860.html
Explosive end for SI blockbuster

By DAVID WILLIAMS - The Press
Saturday, 3 November 2007

An explosive end is in store for the Hollywood blockbuster Wolverine, to be shot in the South Island this summer – a rocket will narrowly miss the X-Men hero and blow up a barn.

The Press revealed last month that the film, which is rumoured to have a budget of more than $100 million, would be shot in Central Otago.

The movie is set in the 1970s and shows Wolverine, played by Australian actor Hugh Jackman, developing into the character made popular by the X-Men film series.

A 20th Century Fox film, in conjunction with Jackman's production company, Seed, will be mostly filmed at Fox Studios in Sydney, where pre-production is under way.

Woz Productions has applied for resource consent for temporary filming and the construction of sets at Arcadia Station, near Glenorchy, owned by Jim Veint, and Deer Park Heights, on the Frankton Arm, owned by Frank Mee.

Five other sites have been named in the application – Kingston Beach, Milford Sound, Rees Valley, Skippers Canyon and Naseby Forest.

The consent application, seen by The Press yesterday, shows a barn and farmhouse will be built at Arcadia Station at a site called Hudson Farm in the movie's story, with the final scene involving the destruction of the barn using explosives.

"The premise is that a military sniper shoots a rocket launcher at the barn, narrowly missing Wolverine but exploding the building," an assessment of environmental effects by McGillan Consulting Ltd says.

"This will be a one-off event, with four cameras located around the set to capture the action."

The consent period applied for is from November 5 to February 28, including reinstatement work, although filming is expected to be from January 14.

Cast and crew, who are expected to work 15-hour days, seven days a week, will use accommodation in Queenstown and Alexandra. Filming on Arcadia Station will take eight days, with preparation due to start on Monday.
Credit to narrows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"