Wolverine teaser will be out December 12th

star wars? i think those were different times.
today internet is very importan for promotion.

so its obvious to get fans in the theater. hahahah like i said pathetic.

Here's the statement Fox sent me on the 25th. I was out of town so I just caught it in my email. It basically says the same thing SHH! posted...

I can 100% confirm that the trailer for WOLVERINE will be in theaters with our film THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL on Friday December 12th. We are so excited that fans will be experiencing it first on the big screen.... The trailer will be exclusively available in theaters. It will not debut online or on TV until some time later. Check show times in your local paper; you won't want to miss it!

You people with fancy cellphones better go to the movies and get this! :hehe:

It's not that important for me to see the trailer. I can wait the extra week or so when it hits the net.

I’ll wait to catch the trailer online “some time later.” While I’m excited to see X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I’m not that excited. I don’t particularly care to see The Day the Earth Stood Still, and I’m not going to pay to see a trailer, at least not this one. After Fox’s abysmal 2008 slate, I don’t know why the studio is impeding advertising for what needs to be its next major tentpole. The addition of the Wolverine trailer is not going to add that much business to The Day the Earth Stood Still.

Last edited:
What else does Fox have going for it that they could throw in there with it? Not a whole lot, by my figuring.

Still, Star Trek's trailer showed up pretty much the day after QOS, so I'd suspect this'll be a similar case. Can't wait!

We'll have the trailer online by December 19th... bank on it

I'm sure it will be online somewhere on 12/12.

Stupid Fox...they should just release it online and save themselves the trouble. :whatever:

is it going to be different than the current trailer ?

I guess so, the comic-con trailer was something they specially made for the event, if you think about it it's more like a trailer for an audience who knew about xmen.

I guess they'll make something more polished and understandable for a general audience.

that makes sense , i love the comic -con trailer though .

The only time a trailer attachment has ever helped a movie's OW was The Phantom Menace, they'd be lucky to add a few thousand bucks onto TDTESS's OW with the Wolverine trailer, now all they do is sour the fanbase and get ppl seeing the trailer in poor bootleg copies, not a smart way to make a first impression.

I remember flopping down money on "Big Momma's House" simply because the first X-Men trailer was attached back in 2000. I think a lot of fanboys did the same. I didn't even stay to attempt to watch that crap film. The negative result = Big Mommas' House 2.

I remember flopping down money on "Big Momma's House" simply because the first X-Men trailer was attached back in 2000. I think a lot of fanboys did the same. I didn't even stay to attempt to watch that crap film. The negative result = Big Mommas' House 2.

I first saw the trailer for the first X-Men movie at FAO Schwartz in NYC. They were showing it on a monitor with their X-Men toy display. :woot:

LOL, I'd never be that tempted, but I was planning on seeing this anyhow so I don't mind. Keenu annoys some but I adore the lad. I wish they would make a sequel to Constantine. :)

Oh, I like Constantine just the way it is thank you. They barely got away with it as it is.

It seems ridiculous that they are only now producing a trailer (or any promotion of any kind) for this film. But, I guess that's Fox: mishandling films is what they do. Hopefully on this one their meddling only disturbs the marketing, and not the actual product.

I'll see The Day The Earth Stood Still, though, because it looks like it might defy the power of Fox suckitude.

Last edited:
It seems ridiculous that they are only now producing a trailer (or any promotion of any kind) for this film. But, I guess that's Fox: mishandling films is what they do. Hopefully on this one their meddling only disturbs the marketing, and not the actual product.

I remember seeing the X3 trailer in front of King Kong a few years ago around Christmas time. They've still got 5 months to promote it.

5 months is quite a bit of time too. Not every movie needs a Dark Knight promotion that lasts over a year.

But even with zero promotion, there's a lot of anticipation for the movie

Maybe not a year, but as soon as the summer blockbuster season is over, you should start wetting people's apetite for the next summer season. Strike while the iron is hot. Hey, you thought this year was cool, wait until you see what's in store for you next year!

Promoting something during the holidays is stupid, because people's minds tend to focus on the holidays, getting work done, getting to go on holidays and buy gifts. The end of the summer is the perfect time to start promoting the next summer season. Go easy in the holidays and then go strong again in the spring.

IMO

True but I mean, look at X-3. Basically the same pattern and that did great in theaters.

Ohhhh X3 trailers....I remember being in New York over my spring break mid-February, and on that friday, I knew the 2nd (non-teaser) trailer would be released on Apple and went to Barnes and Noble, paid $10 for wireless, and downloaded the trailer so I could watch it.

That's fandom.

Man I can't wait for a trailer, well me and my 11 year-old brother. Its going to be amazing, even if it sucks.

Maybe not a year, but as soon as the summer blockbuster season is over, you should start wetting people's apetite for the next summer season. Strike while the iron is hot. Hey, you thought this year was cool, wait until you see what's in store for you next year!

Promoting something during the holidays is stupid, because people's minds tend to focus on the holidays, getting work done, getting to go on holidays and buy gifts. The end of the summer is the perfect time to start promoting the next summer season. Go easy in the holidays and then go strong again in the spring.

IMO

Not really. The end of the summer means holiday shopping season begins, and all those big summer movies start coming out on DVD. That's the first fiscal quarter for these big studios and they want to sell lots of DVDs, so that's their focus for this part of the year.

The beginning of the new year is the ideal time to start seriously pushing next year's event movies. You've got the Superbowl, and it's a generally quiet time at theaters so you can start hyping the stuff that's coming once summer starts.

We haven't seen a lot of most of next year's big movies, outside of Star Trek. The only reason we got such a big Harry Potter trailer was because it was supposed to be released last month and the movie is finished.

I don't see them being really early or late with the Wolverine trailer. They started buzz this summer with the Comic Con footage, they've released some stills, and now there will be a first trailer next week. I think the only mistake they're making is not releasing it online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"