Sequels The Official X-Men 4 Thread

Cyclops and Jean should stay dead. You can't keep bringing people back to life.

I don't think Jean will be brought back.The recon In the comics can't be used here.Cyclops Is possibly tied to rather they are keeping The Last Stand In cannon.I think they will do the sentinles for X4 and 5 so using Sinster as villian to also bring back
Cyclops may not be In the offering here.

They could have Deadpool exist In it's own universe allowing all the other films to be more or less In Cannon although Xavier being crippled In First Class would cause trouble with The Last Stand and Wolverine In cannon.

I see getting the main cast back together as very problematic.

And I never want to see Halle play storm again.

They can redeem X3 and can easily bring back Scott and Jean. Maybe even have the Blue and Gold teams.

We already know the cure is not permanent as Magneto's powers were returning so Rogue could return. It would be great if they brought in Gambit (Taylor Kitcsch) since they are already disregarding elements of Wolverine from Cannon.

Sinister could have found Scott and held him in a location shielded from Cerebro (possible, since Magneto's helmet also masks from Cerebro)

The resurrected pheonix could be a different Jean. Much like the comics, the real jean could still be in a cocoon in the lake. And with the ability to manipulate molecules, she could have easily manipulated a clone of her body.

Maybe Sinister has them both? That he, too, was drawn to Alkali by the rise of the PHoenix. Found Scott mid-kiss. Attacked Phoenix and took Scott and the real Jean.

I would love to see James Marsden play a significant Cyclops role in the next film. Now that Logan has his own franchise, he doesn't need such a large role in the ensemble.

I pray for something like this. If they don't bring back Jean then I'd be comfortable with Cyclops, Beast, Iceman, Angel, Shadowcat, Rogue, Gambit, Colossus and another female character (depending on what would be best).

I would suggest they don't include the Brotherhood.. they've already done what they needed to do with them.. Let's have the Sentinels and/or Sinister involved.. give more screen time for the X-Men.

My last request is to use as much time as you can for the actual movie.. I would rather sit through a really awesome 2 hour movie than a dismal 1 1/2 hour movie.

I agree. They shouldn't be afraid to make a long epic movie... the first two spidermans were long, but great. LOTR, long but great.

If they don't use Sinister, then Jean is dead. But since we never see Cyclops die, we can find a way to bring him back. And then have the beginnings of Emma and Scott... It was a big mistake to kill off characters that are still alive today in the comics. They backpedaled the professor, with the body jump. I understand Jean's death. But Cyclops's was merely to accomodate Superman Returns and give Logan the "Scott" role in the saga.

I can almost guarantee Halle will return. She's made no secret of wanting to do Storm again. Hopefully, the writers will have better dialogue and make it suit the character. I still believe with the right dialogue and direction, she can be great in the role.

I think it would be great to see Sentinels, but with X3 ending with a mutant ambassador to the UN, I don't see how a drastic turn towards sentinels would work... unless a massive mutant uprising escalates fears but that would just repeat X3.

I agree. They shouldn't be afraid to make a long epic movie... the first two spidermans were long, but great. LOTR, long but great.

If they don't use Sinister, then Jean is dead. But since we never see Cyclops die, we can find a way to bring him back. And then have the beginnings of Emma and Scott... It was a big mistake to kill off characters that are still alive today in the comics. They backpedaled the professor, with the body jump. I understand Jean's death. But Cyclops's was merely to accomodate Superman Returns and give Logan the "Scott" role in the saga.

Oh, what if Emma Frost was involved in Scott's disappearance and used her powers to manipulate Xavier and Jean into thinking he died?

I can almost guarantee Halle will return. She's made no secret of wanting to do Storm again. Hopefully, the writers will have better dialogue and make it suit the character. I still believe with the right dialogue and direction, she can be great in the role.

I doubt Rogue would be back. Her role was blah, and played out. I can see Iceman and Angel returning. Possibly Beast and Nightcrawler. I also thing Magneto has played out and should be absent. It would be nice to see Mystique turn good. Didn't she join the X-men in the comics?

I think it would be great to see Sentinels, but with X3 ending with a mutant ambassador to the UN, I don't see how a drastic turn towards sentinels would work... unless a massive mutant uprising escalates fears but that would just repeat X3.

They should bring the best story I dont want it to be a full on continuation. If they cant use X3 then they shouldnt use X2. X1 and 2 are a decade old. Lets move forward, not keep holding stories back cause of past continuity. It kills the franchise. We all know their stories as well as the general audience thanks to 4 X Flicks.

One thing is for sure. They need Scott Summers if this is an X men flick and for the record I hate the character. You cant have X men without him. Killing him was the 2nd dumbest (Ima Deadpool fan) thing Ive seen in the franchise.

Even though Beast is on the UN, doesn't mean that stuff can't happen behind his back... you know.. maybe someone in the government who really hates mutants can take some funds without telling the powers that be and do some naughty things with said money.

I wouldn't keep my hopes up with this news right now. LSD has discussed things like this before and some of them them ended up not happening. Keeping x-men in the news is all she likes to do. I think the only reason she's talking about an X4 and X5 is b/c she's afraid there may not be a sequel to X:FC. I wonder why she didn't mention WHO wrote this treatment and why she didn't share any info on the story and characters in it. Besides, I believe Fox accepts any script treatments they receive. I still wish this woman would get fired from Hollywood b/c she screws up everything she touches.

OH MY GOD!!!

X-MEN 4!!!!!

I would rather see X-Men 4 than X-Men: Second Class!!!

I've been waiting for this movie for like forever!

Im sure most of the main actors will come back, if not all.

Maybe Bryan decides to dont include one or two characters from X3, maybe not, but if that happens, we will have a great cast everyway.

Since Beast takes part of the First Class prequel, Im sure Bryan will want to developt him in X4, and since Kurt is one of his fave characters, he will bring him back, surely. the same with Rogue, specially with the popularity Anna has righ now.

So even if Hugh or Halle or both dont come back, the x-men team would be great too:

Beast
Rogue
Kitty
Angel
Bobby
Collosus
Nightcrawler

7 great x-men to developt a good plot and give us epic action.

But Im sure Halle will come back, so that would be 8 great x-men. :woot:

I say...

X4 is Uncanny X Force The movie!!!!
Psylocke
Wolverine
Angel-Who gets turned to Archangel
Fantomex
Deadpool
...and they fight Apocalypse and go against the X-Men....and there are Sentinles.BOOM!!!

Its that easy.Enough of this teen angst. Lets see some bad ass crazy characters tear people apart,second guess their motives and turn on their own. :awesome:

The big question Is are the contracts that the cast members for The Last Stand still valid.If so Kelsey Grammer,Ellen Page,Ben Foster,and Shawn Ashmore are all set then.
Then they have to work out deals with Hugh jackman,Halle Berry,Anna Paquin,and
Patrick Stewart.Colossus might be recast.Although they might get Danial Cudmore back.
Alan CUmming Is possibilty to return from X2 If he Is willing to go through the makeup again.With X-Men Origins;Wolverine all but confirmed as being Ignored they could bring
a new version of Gambit and have a Rogue/Iceman/Gambit triangle.

This will amost certainly be a version of Days of Future past storyline.Lauren Shuller Donner wants to do It.Bryan Singer wanted to involve the Sentinles In X2.They could fuge and trask the trask In Last Stand was not Boliver trask.We only heard the name Trask In Last Stand and no hint he was a scientist.

One question as well will they try to get Ian Mckellan and rebecca romijn back.They could take Singer's original take on Emma Frost and have her In X4 build a new brotherhood.Bryan Singer apparently wanted to bring back Sabretooth and Toad for his defunt X3 Ideas.In X4 you could have a new version of Brotherhood emerge and protype for sentinles emerge and ending leading Into X5 could be new antimutant politican showing support for sentinles.Then In X5 you could show future with Sentinles wiping out mutants and In present brotherhood sets out to assinate the politican.

A lot will depend on who all wants to come back,and for some are they willing to go through Makeup again.While they may keep The Last Stand In cannon I don't think they will spend much time calling attention to It.

Storm
Wolverine
Beast
Rogue
Angel
Kitty
Nightcrawler
Bobby
Collosus

X4 can be soooo big!! :wow: :awesome:

If they really want to strecth things they can say Sinister found Scott in the forest and has been experimenting on himm, but without scott i dont see this going anywhere.

Ive thought something similar to that.

But mostly, Sinister or Emma having manipulated Jean, and making her to believe she killed Scott, while he really was captured.

So X4 could start with Scott being manipulated too, after the x-men or one of them learn about his existence and fight with the villain to have Scott back to the school and joining the X-men later in the final battle.

Well and while they have gone away from it in the comics, Sinister and Scott have always kinda beed arch enemies so it would seem a movie with Sinister would be a good platform to get him the spotlight he is due as the main X-Men imo. Just makes me made a reach of script writing would be needed to make up for the bad writing in X3. I really just want a reboot.

I know Wolverine is almost surely going to be in this, but ideally I'd like his Japanese storyline to take place concurrently with X4 so he can be off in Japan and the other X-Men can get the spotlight in this one.

My X-Team for X4
Wolverine
Storm (long-hair)
Rogue (powerless at the beginning)
Iceman (ice-form most of the time)
Angel (more character development)
Colossus (more character development)
Psylocke (new regular X-Men member)

MY X-4 TEAM

CYCLOPS (Leader)
WOLVERINE (Supporting)

ICEMAN
COLOSSUS
KITTY with LOCKHEAD
ANGEL
PSYLOCKE

Other Characters:
ROGUE (minor role)
STORM (supporting role, no action scenes)
EMMA FROST (played by Sigourney Weaver)

Last edited:
James Marsden:

"I know so little about First Class. I’m still happy they’re making the X-Men movies, and Fox is smart they can keep making these movies with the wealth of back story – you could do a spin-off of every character. The challenge of the first was having ten to fifteen characters and having enough time to establish who they are, especially with the years of back story. But I don’t look back and feel any disappointment. I’d love to come back and do a new one with the original group, but they’re busy."

http://screencrave.com/2011-03-30/1-1-interview-james-marsden-on-making-kids-movies-for-his-kids/

So if they want Cyclops back in X4, James is onboard.

James has said In the past he Is up for playing Cyclops again.With Bryan Singer almost certain to be directing we should get a good reunion.

They may simply pull a Superman Returns and just Ignore The Last Stand like Wolverine.

Quite happy that X4 is still on the cards, but a little wary now that First Class is creating continuity problems with TLS.

I don't think Famke will be back. I wouldn't want or expect Jean to return unless TSL is rebooted (which I doubt). There's just not enough time in a franchise to revisit this story. I would love to see it done well, but what's done is done.
Cyclops could return because Marsden and Singer seem to get on pretty well. If any character should be brought back from death it's him. I'm not sure there's a way for him to return without it seeming hokey.

Fingers crossed Singer will have control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"