Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should end up with 300m worldwide. If not then that means legs were terrible overseas, which won't be surprising because all the x-men films haven't peformed that well overseas.

Personally, I would like to see it pass Fantastic Four's worldwide gross.

It has $225 worldwide. As long as it gets to $300 worldwide then it will be doing great.

Movies usually need to make double their production cost.

Should end up with 300m worldwide. If not then that means legs were terrible overseas, which won't be surprising because all the x-men films haven't peformed that well overseas.

Personally, I would like to see it pass Fantastic Four's worldwide gross.

I'm surprised the overseas box office is low for X-Men.

Previously, we had Brits like Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Brian Cox, Alan Cumming...

This time, we have Brits in the form of Matthew Vaughn, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender... plus location filming in the UK too, most obviously in Oxford, and a lot of globetrotting with Erik.

There's no way this film won't make 300 ww.

I think this movie is doing well, considering the fact that it has new setting, new actors, and no Wolverine (who was featured as the primary star in the last 4 X-Men movies). The movie is fantastic, and imo that is the most important aspect. I just don't want Fox to get scared & decide to make X4 instead of a sequel for FC.

The problem, is I don't think it will make 150 domestic. Considering the budget was 160 million, that's a huge dissapointment.

The movie has a decent possibility of reaching $200M in the foreign market.

It already has $123M..... in two weeks!! you know?

Not even Pirates of the Caribbean is doing well in the US. Not compared to the previous films anyway.

It's doing fine overseas - 55.7%, with a 44.3% domestic. And I think it's worldwide box office will grow in future weeks. This is simply a beautiful film that brings people to cinemas on multiple viewings. Domestic BO may decline because of Green Lantern and Transformers, but overseas I think those film will not be well received, while X-Men's will still grow.

TOLDJA says the actuals this weekend for First Class are $23.7 million - a 57% drop.

Jun 10, 2011 $7,525,242
Jun 11, 2011 $10,027,477
Jun 12, 2011 $6,576,267

24,128,986 - FC

It was overestimated yet again. I pity myself, the fans and everyone involved with this movie. It deserves to make much more. I think NBA finals had an impact on Sunday gross.

Last edited:
It should make about $25 million this week and about 12 million the week after to give First Class a total domestic gross of about $150 million. It will make back its budget domestic. First Class should be able to easily make $200 million overseas so I see this getting $350ish million worldwide. Which means that it will get a sequel. That already is making a profit then when you add in dvd sales voila.

As I mentioned many times before, the sequel to First Class will make more money than First Class did. They are making a sequel to Tron Legacy and a lot of people thought that didn't do well. It made about the same that First Class is making right now. If they made X4, it would cost over $200 million and anybody is fooling themselves if they think X4 is going to make $300 million plus domestic. X3 barely made its budget back domestic so I don't know why some people are talking doom and gloom on here about how X4 is the way to go and there won't ever be a First Class sequel.

Well it's managed to outdo TIH in the same timeframe(first 10 days) by $1M domestic. Could end up with TIH's domestic total + another $5-10M for a $140-145M finish.

Lets just hope WOM picks up and manages to keep the movie in cinema's for a little while longer yet, really, this NEEDS to be successful to keep Fox from going back to their old ways with the franchise, not to mention, I would love to see the story taken further with these actors and this creative team.

Damn, disappointing figures. Yeah agreed AIWJ, hope Fox don't take the wrong lesson out of this. They have to look at causality. If this film had come after X2 I wonder what it would have made.

Guys, back on a previous topic:

Who from all of you think this movie wont get the $300M worldwide?

I still think it'll make $300 WW, after that it's anyone's guess.

Since It only made 97 Million through Sunday It may only hit 100 Million domesticlly
Tuesday If It now In second place only does 2 million on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"