Days of Future Past The Official X-Men: First Class Box Office Discussion Thread! - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice.

Id like to make a list or something with the positive users, hehe. To wait a few weeks and see who was right all this time :)

I think it's doing fine. I hope they continue the story. But I wouldn't mind X4 either.

I just don't know how X-Men 4 is going to work, but we'll see.

It would be cool if they focussed on the younger characters like:Rogue,Iceman,Shadowcat,Colossus,Angel and Cyclops as well

This better turn into a prequel Trilogy. I loved the entire Movie.

It would be cool if they focussed on the younger characters like:Rogue,Iceman,Shadowcat,Colossus,Angel and Cyclops as well

Possibly, but I think there are so many unanswered questions regarding the rest of the characters that they would be hard pressed to just focus on the younger ones without people feeling like they're missing something. Plus, one of First Class' biggest hurdles is lack of big sellers, be it actors or characters. Knowing that, would Fox greenlight an X-Men 4, focusing less on the likes of Berry's Storm and Jackman's Wolverine and more on the likes of Cudmore's Colossus and Paquin's Rogue?

Maybe they should scrap continuity for a new series as it will have gotten very restrictive by then. Recast any roles that need to be recast. I would like to see an X-Men film completely without Magneto (barring a cameo). He may be the best villain but X-Men have a lot of top villains and this should be taken advantage of.

I want to see how big an X-Men movie can be with an outlandish budget and a big team of core-only characters.

Damn, disappointing figures. Yeah agreed AIWJ, hope Fox don't take the wrong lesson out of this. They have to look at causality. If this film had come after X2 I wonder what it would have made.

Yeah, after the A-Team flopping last year which was their first blockbuster in years to go over the 2 hour mark and then the dissapointing numbers for this I just hope it doesnt make them go back to their old ways.

I think if it had come after X2 the numbers would be better, the last 2 movies have definately had an impact, how much of one is debatable but for me they have definately had some impact.

It could easily work if you ask me. Have the movie start out by showing that Cyclops was kidnapped by Sinister in X3 and how he has cloned Jean Grey so that he can use both Scott's and Jean genetic code to create the perfect mutant.

Prof X in his new body comes back to his school who Wolvie and Storm are running, Rogues power have returned, Iceman is in middle of a love triangle with her and Kitty. The could maybe recast Collosus and develop Angel's character more.

Then have Gambit show up and rescue Scott and Jean from Sinister, reunite the whole gang so they can set out to put an end to Sinister. Have a climactic group battle with the X-Men against Sinister and his Marauders.

End the movie with setting up X5 by showing a glimpse of Apocalypse as the mastermind behind it all.

It would have failed big time if it had come after X2. Imagine no Xmen the last stand and we get xmen first class with none of the main characters let alone the original first class. If there is no sequel then i just hope they Reboot the franchise.

I wouldn't even play X4 that close to X3 tbh.

Open the film several years later. Say there was a cure, it didn't take, and the country has fallen into crisis.

Last edited:
I just can't see the point of X4 now to be honest. It's like when a celebrity's career stalls so they try and get their heyday back by rebooting the thing they were known for. It's like when Courtney Cox wanted a "Friends" movie. It's like who cares?

That generation is already over really. There's a new breed of cinema goer who hasn't seen the first few X-films and rather than wade through all that continuity let's just keep going with what we have.

I just can't see the point of X4 now to be honest. It's like when a celebrity's career stalls so they try and get their heyday back by rebooting the thing they were known for. It's like when Courtney Cox wanted a "Friends" movie. It's like who cares?

That generation is already over really. There's a new breed of cinema goer who hasn't seen the first few X-films and rather than wade through all that continuity let's just keep going with what we have.
Not really, X3 was what 4 years ago? besides XO:W basically was a part of that continuity and is still fresh in the public mind and with Wolvie 2 coming out I doubt anyone will forget the original characters.

It's like when the Fast and Furious franchise came back to it's roots after Tokyo drift, the time off actually helped it.

So the drop is even worse than estimated. Not a good enough drop. (Super8 is overestimated more)

Electrix, do you think First Class will surpass the 300M mark worldwide?

I think it has a good chance. It's at $221 million now and will be on screens for another month or so. Super 8 and Green Lantern don't open in many international countries until July/August, so it should keep doing well overseas for a few weeks.

It really is nearly identical to X1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"