Apocalypse X-Men: Apocalypse Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only read X-Men comics (favorably re-reading Grant Morrison and Claremont...). Most superhero team books stand for everything I despise to be honest!

...what I tried to say was that X-Men movies in the past seem to have attracted not only the common mainstream superhero movie audience. Its critical acclaim and socio-political commentary maybe diversified the audience and brought in a milieu that wouldn't normally go and see a superhero movies. This particular group is now alienated from the franchise/brand because the brand identity changed from "critical acclaim" to "empty CGI ********".

To say that Singer cannot direct visually outstanding action scenes is ridiculous: 1. Nightcrawler at the White House, 2. Quicksilver's scene in Days of Future Past, 3. Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike, 4. Pryo vs. Police, 5. Sentinels vs. X-Men in the future...etc. The difference to common superhero movies is that Singer (before X-Men: Apocalypse!) would never give us action just for action's sake.

there is legitmate critism singer decered to do more like other films with apocalypse.but,now very doudtful it ever returns to socio-political commentary especilly without singer.

and quite honesty those who do want socio-political commentary with X_men like me are minority.many are fine just with colorful outfits,lots of comedy,and CGI action without.That's their right.

The next X-men will probally be more a cross between deadpool and Avengers with little in common with X-men,X2,and DOFP.

I only read X-Men comics (favorably re-reading Grant Morrison and Claremont...). Most superhero team books stand for everything I despise to be honest!

...what I tried to say was that X-Men movies in the past seem to have attracted not only the common mainstream superhero movie audience. Its critical acclaim and socio-political commentary maybe diversified the audience and brought in a milieu that wouldn't normally go and see a superhero movies. This particular group is now alienated from the franchise/brand because the brand identity changed from "critical acclaim" to "empty CGI ********".

To say that Singer cannot direct visually outstanding action scenes is ridiculous: 1. Nightcrawler at the White House, 2. Quicksilver's scene in Days of Future Past, 3. Wolverine vs. Lady Deathstrike, 4. Pryo vs. Police, 5. Sentinels vs. X-Men in the future...etc. The difference to common superhero movies is that Singer (before X-Men: Apocalypse!) would never give us action just for action's sake.

I agree with 4/5 however I do not understand why people are saying "Yeah Singer doesn't know how to direct action." He's directed a lot of good ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"