The Official Zack Snyder Thread - Part 3

its the internet
lol

Some people act as if Superman punching someone would make a good movie
I think that most are joking when they say that all they want to see it punching. I do want to see Superman fight someone but that will mean nothing if I dislike the characters and the story isn't compelling to a certain degree.

The problem SR was boring with characters portrayed as boring. Therefore, they could have made up for it with good action and they didn't. And he didn't really punch anyone. I mean he's Superman. Shouldn't he do that sometimes? Not that he intentionally goes out to punch people but geez... people get sick of the lack of a real physical threat. Plus with today's technology, there's so much potential to create some of the best action sequences of all time with this character, yet SR didn't utilize that idea.

i agree but someone seem to think that Superman should go around punching things....Snyder should do a two hour movie of him just punching everything

The problem SR was boring with characters portrayed as boring. Therefore, they could have made up for it with good action and they didn't. And he didn't really punch anyone. I mean he's Superman. Shouldn't he do that sometimes? Not that he intentionally goes out to punch people but geez... people get sick of the lack of a real physical threat. Plus with today's technology, there's so much potential to create some of the best action sequences of all time with this character, yet SR didn't utilize that idea.
Good summation of my thoughts and feelings. I would have been more forgiving of the lack of action if I actually liked any of the characters and the actual villain was compelling in some fashion. Adding action to SR would have still yelled a film that I didn't dig.

Hopefully Superman and Lois are charming in this new feature and the villain is compelling to some degree.

I'm just so excited to see what a Superman FIGHT SCENE will look like on the big screen. I mean, I have literally no idea (probably because i'm not an expert in choreography) what they will do, how they will arrange it, what kind of fighting we are going to see...

I guess i'm just so used to Smallville's pushing and throwing 'fight' scenes, that I can't even picture it lol

I'm just so excited to see what a Superman FIGHT SCENE will look like on the big screen. I mean, I have literally no idea (probably because i'm not an expert in choreography) what they will do, how they will arrange it, what kind of fighting we are going to see...

I guess i'm just so used to Smallville's pushing and throwing 'fight' scenes, that I can't even picture it lol
I'm excited about that prospect as well. We only have the 80's movies to look at as far as combat in a live action films are concerned and we've come so far with visual effects that one has to be a little curious and excited.

i agree but someone seem to think that Superman should go around punching things....Snyder should do a two hour movie of him just punching everything
Those people should be ignored.

Make no mistake, WB knows the lack of action hurt SR and they will correct that in MOS.
I just hope they don't go overboard with it.

Make no mistake, WB knows the lack of action hurt SR and they will correct that in MOS.
I just hope they don't go overboard with it.

If they can increase the intense factor in the action sequences will giving dramatic reason as to why these action sequences should matter in terms of storyline, then I think it'll definitely help the film.

Right now, MOS needs to build up on two things that SR sorely lacked in:

1. Characterization

2. Action

GreenKToo said:
One punch, just one, thrown by Superman will beat anything we saw in SR.

Poor action and no story. If that's your treat, okay, but hardly qualifies as good for me.

And he didn't really punch anyone. I mean he's Superman. Shouldn't he do that sometimes?

Superman? "The Great Puncher"? Sure, otherwise what is he?

I mean, he didn't punch anything/anyone in STM, but who cares about that piece of dirt?

Not that he intentionally goes out to punch people but geez... people get sick of the lack of a real physical threat.

Like a continent made of Kryptonite. But no, not even that.

Plus with today's technology, there's so much potential to create some of the best action sequences of all time with this character, yet SR didn't utilize that idea.

Airplane rescue.

Also lets squash a myth...SR only failed because it cost too much to make....it made 350mil and cost 200 mil to make....had the movie cost 80 mil to make Brandon Routh would have been Superman a bit longer

Also lets squash a myth...SR only failed because it cost too much to make....it made 350mil and cost 200 mil to make....had the movie cost 80 mil to make Brandon Routh would have been Superman a bit longer

Oh yes.

agreed!!

Like a continent made of Kryptonite. But no, not even that.

Which he was able to lift by the way, I mean smh if that is stake. SR is mediocre for a lot of reasons but that was just stupid and indefendible IMO (sun charge an all), now we have no guarantee that Snyder will suceed and I admit he wasn't who I was thinking for the director chair but what I was sure is that I didn't want a sequel to SR, hell no.

Everybody brings up the fact he lifted the kryptonite island but forgot that he died immediately afterwards. It's not like he just did it no problem.

JAK®;20784805 said:
Everybody brings up the fact he lifted the kryptonite island but forgot that he died immediately afterwards. It's not like he just did it no problem.

:whatever:...i know jak.... ive given up on defending SR, heres to brighter days..eh?

JAK®;20784805 said:

Exactly. That was risking his life, physical danger and all that stuff. But well, Superman is the boxer os superheroes so he needs to punch.

I'm fairly certain the majority of the critique directed at that scene was that it made for a very lackluster climax and it simply was not visually exciting.

The Big Bang is one of the most fascinating theories out there -- it's the creation of an entire universe. But it would probably make for a very crappy movie.

Exactly... we have never gotten an awesome fight scene between fighters of Superman's strength and power with today's technology. The best example I can think of is the DCU Online trailer... imagine an entire movie like that, Superman flying faster than the eye can see, slamming into Luthor like a bomb and then blasting Black Adam down with his eye lasers and punches so powerful they create shock waves.

That's exactly how I'm expecting the fighting to be in the movie... I trust Snyder won't let me down with that.

I'm fairly certain the majority of the critique directed at that scene was that it made for a very lackluster climax and it simply was not visually exciting.

The Big Bang is one of the most fascinating theories out there -- it's the creation of an entire universe. But it would probably make for a very crappy movie.

Tree of life was pretty good...

Exactly, mainly this! But its fine its an appropiate climax / threat for a movie according to some people, and if you want Superman to throw a punch or two is because you want him to be a Boxer:doh:, that's gotta be it, brilliant really! But yeah lifting a giant piece of kryptonite will do :csad:

I am tired of some of the defenders of SR infering that anyone who wants to see Superman fight a supervillain wants a Transformers style film.

I'm only asking for, at best, 3 fight scenes througout the entire film and two would be just fine if the storyline and characters are interesting enough. My main concern for the picture is regarding the characters, I hated the characters in SR and want some semi-likable characters this time. I also do want a faster paced film in which Superman gets to shine, which he didn't in the last film because Lois Lane seemed to be the star.

Personally I'd be disappointed if the next film was all action because going too far in the other direction never works.

Last edited:
Exactly my thoughts i would like to see a fight scene with supes n zod. that way we can see the impact of a punch from supes, lex being a human is way too fragile to get punched by supes and be pushed 50 miles away from the impact and not die.
Plus since zod is also weak from kryptonite, he wouldnt use the kryptonite as a way to end the battle prematurely

Exactly... we have never gotten an awesome fight scene between fighters of Superman's strength and power with today's technology. The best example I can think of is the DCU Online trailer... imagine an entire movie like that, Superman flying faster than the eye can see, slamming into Luthor like a bomb and then blasting Black Adam down with his eye lasers and punches so powerful they create shock waves.

That's exactly how I'm expecting the fighting to be in the movie... I trust Snyder won't let me down with that.
I agree. I want good action mixed with a good story, and yes, I want Supes to PUNCH something, and I make no apologies for it.
I grow tired of posters thinking thats all we want in MOS is for supes to punch something..it's quite the opposite. what I dont want is to have another SR on our hands where its not well received by the public and the hunger for a sequel is not there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"