The Official Superman Fan Art & Manips Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want the classic suit, but I don't mean drag Reeve's suit out of the WB storage lot. I mean the Superman suit, as it has been for all this time, with proper 2011 craftsmanship. Blue tights, red cape, gold/yellow belt, red boots, red trunks, big fracking S on the chest. No capeless, bootless, trunkless nonsense. Superman's suit. No bulli*****.
:up: :up: listen to puck.

Just messin around
citysuperlois.jpg

I want the classic suit, but I don't mean drag Reeve's suit out of the WB storage lot. I mean the Superman suit, as it has been for all this time, with proper 2011 craftsmanship. Blue tights, red cape, gold/yellow belt, red boots, red trunks, big fracking S on the chest. No capeless, bootless, trunkless nonsense. Superman's suit. No bulli*****.

The Returns suit is what you described.

Actually the colors weren't red and the S on the chest was small so its not what he described.

The Returns suit is what you described.

The people who made the Returns suit had good intentions - they just didnt translate well on screen. People on these very boards have shown time and time again that, with the proper tweaks - make the red actually red, slightly darken the blue, open up the collar, larger S, and having him wear trunks instead of hipsters - the Returns suit could have worked. In the end, the choices they made, while intending to remain "classic," only made him look like a pansy.

The suit could maybe have been tolerated if Singer had went with favourable lighting and filters to bring out the best in it, but he seemed to stick with a particular filter which gave the suit a horrible greeny hue.

I don't want to get on another "bash the Returns suit" roll. I'm just saying that the SR people wanted to modernize the classic suit, but certain elements did not work for many people, myself included. I wouldn't even mind them using some of the same materials for MOS - they just have to get the cut and colors right, while also enhancing Cavill's stature and build.

The suit could maybe have been tolerated if Singer had went with favourable lighting and filters to bring out the best in it, but he seemed to stick with a particular filter which gave the suit a horrible greeny hue.
Apparently that seems to be the trend nowadways. I remember reading an article, and for the life of me I can't remember where I read it, that said there are plenty of movies that are using the blue/green filters. Not sure if SR started that trend or not.

I agree with you 100% Puckenstein!

Actually the colors weren't red and the S on the chest was small so its not what he described.
Exactly Sk.

I don't want to get on another "bash the Returns suit" roll. I'm just saying that the SR people wanted to modernize the classic suit, but certain elements did not work for many people, myself included. I wouldn't even mind them using some of the same materials for MOS - they just have to get the cut and colors right, while also enhancing Cavill's stature and build.
Yes, the elements did not work for me and cut and color needs to be done right for the modernized suit to work right.

Nice. :up:

First Superman manip I've liked in a long time.

Yep.
We can only pray that Snyder and co are clued into this thinking.

LrosE.jpg

A quickie (i'm at work :O)

Very intense!

What makes this manip work so well IMO is the in-your-face presence Henry conveys in that head shot. Tough Supes, bad-a** Supes. Don't mess with me Supes.

Henry has the looks to pull it off if Snyder and Nolan chose to go this route.

There is a strength and presence here that sadly was not thereo with Ruth.

You could use a photo like that with the caption this ain't your grandfather's Supes, this ain't your father's Supes - this is a Supes you've never seen before. Works perfectly with that manip.

Last edited:
I wish I could post a manip without spawning another 'trunks' argument.

But thanks for the kind words though :)

Very intense!

What makes this manip work so well IMO is the in-your-face presence Henry conveys in that head shot. Tough Supes, bad-a** Supes. Don't mess with me Supes.
Agreed. It might be pretty cool with an effect like this as well.

biosupermanredeye2.jpg

curt_swan_2.jpg

1354650-mos_super.jpg

SupermanGenerosity.jpg

cavill definitely has a superman face

I agree Cavill has the look and equally important a palpable presence.

Could you do a side by side with the manip above on one side and the original Routh photo on the other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"