The Resident Evil Thread

PC
Resident Evil 2 Gamescom 2018 PC gameplay reveal
Published 1 day ago. 36 comments.

Powered by Nvidia RTX.

RE2-PC-Gameplay_08-22-18.jpg

Nvidia GeForce shared the first ever PC gameplay of the Resident Evil 2 remake at Gamescom 2018.

Resident Evil 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019.

Watch the footage below.
[YT]thwrK4tHbwo[/YT]

source: Gematsu

Last edited:
That fight against G will be somewhat frustrating.

Ada Wong image leaked. Looks different, but interesting. Now she looks more like a spy.

Last edited:
I hope they'll remake Nemesis and Code Veronica as well. I wouldn't mind ifthey reboot the original (again) and Zero too, to update its visuals and technicalities to the Re2 remake's standards.

As for Re8. I hope its gonna be similar to Re2 remake than Re7. I still dislike the first person view, and I hope they would use zombies instead of whatever they've used in Re7 and the Revelation games.

I hope they'll remake Nemesis and Code Veronica as well. I wouldn't mind ifthey reboot the original (again) and Zero too, to update its visuals and technicalities to the Re2 remake's standards.

As for Re8. I hope its gonna be similar to Re2 remake than Re7. I still dislike the first person view, and I hope they would use zombies instead of whatever they've used in Re7 and the Revelation games.
I prefer 3rd person too.

Also, its 2018, they should already give us an option to choose camera options/angles. If the other games could do it, so can RE.

Also, Jill & Claire for Re8. Time for a female lead in a numbered title!

RE3 is really the last of them I feel like could really, really use the remake treatment.

I want Sheva Alomar back for RE8. ) Jill, Claire and the rest had a lot of fun already.

****, and I thought who new Claire model reminds me of. She's like white Sheva Alomar looks-wise.

Sheva just didn't have *the* spark. Though I wouldn't mind her returning since a lot of (playable) characters introduced in the numbered series (and Code Veronica) since Re3, never really returned for a second numbered game.

Sheva just didn't have *the* spark. Though I wouldn't mind her returning since a lot of (playable) characters introduced in the numbered series (and Code Veronica) since Re3, never really returned for a second numbered game.
I think Sheva just didn't have a good story and setting to begin with. Unlike Jill, Ada and Claire.

I'd like to see Carlos, a resurrected Steve and a resurrected Piers. The rest from Re4, 5, 6 and 7. Not really. I wasn't really invested with Ethan. Not seeing his face/back while playing the game made a huge difference. Mia made more impression to me because I actually saw her face. And even if Re7, was a 3rd person shooter, Ethan just seems like a 1 and done character.

New trailer:

Thanks for the video here's the written details below

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Resident Evil 2 TGS 2018 story trailer, screenshots
Published 3 hours ago. 14 comments.

Ada Wong makes her debut.

Resident-Evil-2_2018_09-20-18_Top.jpg

Capcom has released the Tokyo Game Show 2018 story trailer and new screenshots for its upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake.

Here is an overview of the game’s story, via Capcom:

A little history for Resident Evil 2 newcomers before we dive into things: The original Resident Evil 2 introduced a system known as “zapping” to provide an “A” story and a “B” story – two separate paths through the game that had the same major story elements for each character, but changed certain details, events, and access to items depending on which character you played as first. While this remake of Resident Evil 2 no longer uses “zapping” to tell each character’s tale, it stays true to the original by telling a unique story for each character, with both main campaigns providing a compelling point of view to provide a modern take on the story of Resident Evil 2.

Resident-Evil-2_2018_09-20-18_001.jpg

True to the original Resident Evil 2, Claire begins her journey on the perimeter of the doomed metropolis, riding her motorcycle into town in search of her brother, Chris. Street savvy and comfortable behind the handlebars of her motorcycle, Claire knows how to take care of herself in nearly any situation – but nobody could prepare themselves for the outbreak that took place within the city limits. As Claire begins the search for her missing brother, she joins up with a rookie cop named Leon S. Kennedy who’s heading in to town to see how he can help. Despite being told to stay away by the remnants of the police force, Leon still feels he can offer assistance – and so, after helping Claire out of a dire situation, Leon joins her as they head towards the once lively suburb.

Resident-Evil-2_2018_09-20-18_002.jpg

As both of them search for safety and survivors within the ruins of Raccoon City, fate will tear them apart just as quickly as they joined forces. A near-fatal accident sends Claire and Leon down different paths, forcing both characters to navigate the dangers of Raccoon City, the Police Department, and beyond. If they want to live through the nightmare that begins to unfold in front of them, they’ll need to put their survival skills to the ultimate test amidst a city filled with terrifying creatures, both human and otherwise.

Resident-Evil-2_2018_09-20-18_003.jpg

Fans of the original Resident Evil 2 will instantly recognize certain key players in the story that have become iconic over the years. Claire will begin to uncover the sad truth of the Birkin family, guiding a young Sherry Birkin through the underbelly of the R.P.D. and the sewers that are just underneath the city in a desperate bid to escape. While the city surface is covered in the living dead, there are far worse creatures hiding in the depths. Bio weapons that want nothing more than to crush Claire are lurking in the shadows, including a terrifying, mutated monstrosity that seems to be tracking down Sherry for unexplained reasons….

Resident-Evil-2_2018_09-20-18_004.jpg

Meanwhile, Leon will have his own path to explore, putting together the pieces of what happened in Raccoon City as he meets up with Marvin Branagh, Police Lieutenant and one of the only survivors of the outbreak in the R.P.D., and the mysterious Ada Wong – a woman who has her own reasons for sifting through the remains of the city. Leon’s investigation will take him far beyond the museum turned police station and into a plot far greater than he could ever have imagined. What will the rookie cop discover as he dives into the depths of the outbreak that’s consumed the city?

Resident-Evil-2_2018_09-20-18_005.jpg

Resident Evil 2 is due out for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on January 25, 2019.

Watch the trailer below. View the screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source: Gematsu

So what's everyone's thoughts on Ada's look?

Sexy outfit, but she kinda looks like a spy parody. Trench coat, black leather gloves, shades at night, scarf, fancy handgun from Nazi Germany of 30s-40s...

RE3 is really the last of them I feel like could really, really use the remake treatment.
It aged the best in terms of controls and smoothness. Code Veronica deserves a remake though, that one returned to sluggish movements after the great stamina Jill has shown in her second game.

New trailer:

Wow, she knows her dad is a monster.
I'll be disappointed if Marvin turning to a zombie did not end up being emotionally crushing in this one.

So what's everyone's thoughts on Ada's look?
I like it.

I don't like Claire's new costume, but I like her face. The costume is very uninspired. I think I saw exactly the same outfit in a dozen other games.

Ada's costume is cheesy. But cheese is what Resident Evil (even the best games in the series) is made of.

Ada's costume is cheesy. But cheese is what Resident Evil (even the best games in the series) is made of.
Cheese? I don't believe you.

*Annette tells the spy she wants to kill the secrets she doesn't want her to know*

I wonder how long the game is, like its not much concern to me if its like six hours just like Re7 but for replay value, the longer the better.

I wonder how long the game is, like its not much concern to me if its like six hours just like Re7 but for replay value, the longer the better.
I believe 8-10 hours per campaign is a realistic bet. I personally don't want it to drag for too long. The game needs to maintain momentum.

Code Veronica needs a remake simply because the graphics (even the remastered) look **!*. I also want them to revamp the Map as there were a lot of backtracking which was a bit a chore. I liked Claire and Steve in the game but compare to the first three, it was the worst.

The only Re games that shouldn't get a remake version are Re4 to 7 as they are already long enough, features 3rd person and the graphics are passable in today's standards. Re0/re1 remake still look good though a bit outdated now.

Last edited:

10 hours ago
Capcom Producer Explains How They Managed To Keep RESIDENT EVIL 2 Set In The 1990s
The Resident Evil 2 remake will be keeping the game's setting intact by telling the story in the late 90s; when the story of the original game actually took place.Read more

Also with

Resident Evil 2 Claire gameplay, screenshots
Published 17 hours ago.
Latest footage of the upcoming remake.
Several outlets have gone up with new gameplay videos and screenshots of Claire in the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake.

Watch the footage inthe article18 comments.Read More

Also with Below

Resident Evil 2 details Deluxe Edition [Update]
Published 8 hours ago. 23 comments.

Includes the base game and various digital goods.

Capcom has revealed the reversible cover and contents included with the Deluxe Edition of the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake.

For $69.99, the Deluxe Edition will include the “Deluxe DLC Pack,” which features the following additional content:

• “Elza Walker” costume for Claire
  • “Military” costume for Claire
  • “Noir” costume for Claire
  • “Noir” costume for Leon
  • “Arklay Sheriff” costume for Leon
  • “Albert Model Samurai Edge” handgun
  • “Retro Soundtrack Swap” option
If you missed it earlier today, watch the latest gameplay footage and check out the latest screenshots here.

Update 10/09/18 at 2:30 a.m.: View a set of screenshots at the gallery.

visit gallery »

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!& Gematsu

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"