The "Rise Of Marvels" RPG, Year One: Sign-Up/OOC Thread

Just finished. Like I said in the PM, I'll think about it. I'll probably have my mind made up tommorow night.

Screenname: The_White_Wolf
Character You Would Like To Play: Shang Chi, (AKA: Master Of Kung FU)
Powers: None, but expert in Chinese Kung Fu.
Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point): Raised by his father the sick and vile Fu Manchu, grew up training to be the ultimate weapon, but with years he realized his fathers evil and escaped. Working for Britians special covert operations MI-6. After years of fighting though he retreated to the mountains and now lives there to be away from all the craziness of the world.
Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin): Other.
Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:
1. Only character in Marvel that exclusivley uses martial arts.
2. Always been a fascinating character to me.
3. Spiderman was taken
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I want to bring him back from the proverbial dead and try to revive the legacy that is Shang Chi, and possibly give him a more detective feel.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): I believe I can bring a new type of variety to this thread. Also I can write some pretty detailed fight scenes.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Book Antiqua.
Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In: 'It's been years since I came back and still no change, crime is as it was years ago.' He said to himself looking around in his black coat and still remembering the last time he was here battling his father. "No time to dwell in the past, must find whoever this person is"
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?: Sorry no.

To be honest, I think it'll take quite a bit more than that as far as the sample post is concerned. Also, we tend to use regular and basic fonts for narration / action detail and the specific, colored fonts for speech or thought.

Oh, it might behoove you to learn how to post pics. :up:

Samples are generally a minimum of 3 paragraphs and 1 line of diologue, White Wolf. :up:

Edited my Sabretooth app to be truer to the intention of this RPG. Powers and Character history mainly tweaked. I presume it'll still class as accepted, but i'll re-sub it just in-case :up:

'RISE OF MARVELS' RPG Application
Screenname: Sieben
Character You Would Like To Play: Sabretooth
Powers: Sabretooth has a natural super healing ability making him highly resistant to disease as well as able to recover from typically fatal injuries such as gunshot wounds, slashes or even burns.
Basic History Of The Character (Up until this point): Victor Creed is the son of an abusive father and mutant bigot. As a child he was abused, neglected and tortured by his father who despised him for his mutant genes. One day, the young teenage Creed managed to break his bonds within the basement and killed his father, biting through the mans jugular. He fled to the borders of Canada and gained passage on a ship to France where the teenager joined the French Legion.
It was in his role as a Legionairre stationed deep in the African desert that he was part of a patrol caught off-guard and murdered by a group of extremist terrorists. With his patrol murdered, Creed awoke in the blazing desert heat amongst the corpses of his fellows. He walked for days until he was picked up by a representative of an entity known as SHIELD. Offered a big money payout and a role on their top-secret elite soldier program, he underwent intense physical and mental experimentation. With his healing power allowing the scientists to go further and deeper with him than any subject before, Creed was given the power and abilities of predatory big cats. He was imbued with superhuman strength, cat-like vision and almost infinite stamina. He was given the codename "Sabretooth".
Creed was assigned head of a brand-new super-soldier unit know as the Elites. He lead his team on successful covert missions in North Korea, Iran and Burma. But during this time, he began to feel dark, menacing urges. He felt bloodlust, aggression and rage growing inside of him like a storm. He tried to control it, but in a mission in Venezuela, his urges got the better of him and he turned on his own team, killing all three of them and carried out a massacre of a small village where the teams target had holed up.
On the run and out of control, Sabretooth fights for his humanity, for his survival and for vengeance on the people who did this to him.
Pre-Mutant, Post-Mutant, Or Other? (Beings unpowered or of cosmic origin): Pre-Mutant (With Post-Mutant enhancements thanks to SHIELDS Elites Program)
Three Reasons Why You Have Chosen That Character:
1. He's one of the baddest guys ever!
2. He's the perfect foil to all those Hero's keeping their impulses in check.
3. The game needs more villains.
What Do You Plan On Doing With This Character As A Person (IE: How are you changing him or her?): I've changed his backstory as to leave any history with any specific mutant ambiguous but able to have history with any mutant that may want to share a history. He's no longer a ruthless evil guy who willingly signed up to Weapon X. He doesn't have an adamantium skeleton and he doesn't want to be the way he is. Sabretooth also has no history with Wolverine or any other Weapon X Mutie. He feels betrayed and mutilated and fights to control the monster from taking over. He's still mutating and if he doesn't stop, he will lose all traces of humanity.
Two Complete Sentences In Proper English Explaining What You Can Bring To This RPG (As A Player): Well, I bring enthusiasm to make an impact. I also offer a wealth of various roleplaying experience.
What Fonts Do You Plan To Use For Your Character’s Speech? (Makes the roster look better): Franklin Gothic Medium, 2, bold, dark orange/brown.
Please Provide A Small Sample Post In The Format You Wish To Portray Your Character In:
[Extract from my first RP]

...He crept further back into the tent, but he could still see the monster striding towards him. The tent ripped away like paper in the breeze and Zach found himself staring up into the beasts gleaming eyes, noticing the blood that stained its teeth and claws. “A-are you a Sasquatch?”, the boy trembled through thick streams of tears. The beast just grinned and shook his head. It crouched low and moved it’s face close to the boys ear. Zach couldn’t move or breathe. He could smell the rancid breath of the monster upon his face and neck.“I’m worse. They called me Sabretooth”, it whispered in a coarse snarl.

From behind his father appeared, bleeding and limping he fearlessly threw himself at the monster but Sabretooth grasped him and pounded him into the ground, holding him there he raised his free arm high in the air and disembowelled the man in one cruel swipe. He turned to the boy and grinned again. “Run!” he barked, cutting into an amused laugh as the boy struggled to his feet and sprinted off to the tree-line...
Do You Know How To Post Pictures On The Hype?:
sabretooth.jpg

Is this basically DOM? If not, what is different about it? A completely fresh start with blade might be interesting....

Is this basically DOM? If not, what is different about it? A completely fresh start with blade might be interesting....

It's set in 2013.

Oh and something to do with the beyonder and mutants and The Watchers.

I dunno, read the first post. :woot:

White Wolf, are you aware that this is fresh continuity? I don't want you getting the wrong idea. Furthermore, your sample does need to be longer, and don't use the same font for speech and text. It makes it hard to differentiate. As far as posting pictures go, just wrap the URL link in
tags.

Sieben, I'm assuming that you're still approved. But I'll let the head honcho have the final say.

Cyrus, this is a grittier DoM. Basically, the over-arching plot of Year One is that the Beyonder is coming to destroy our planet. The Watchers have made a deal with him. They will assemble any army of the greatest heroes to prove that Earth is worthy enough to live. Unfortunately, the Beyonder is constructing an army of darkness to combat the forces of good. If the heroes win, we keep our planet. If the villains win, we are all destroyed. The fate of Earth hangs in the balance in the ultimate battle of good versus evil. But that story won't be dealt with until the latter half/end of the Season. As NufD pointed out, this is set 5 years in the future in the year 2013 - as to explain the technological/social advances.

Who do you guys think should be this RPG's President? We can either:
A. Assume that Obama wins in '08 and is re-elected.
B. Assume that McCain wins in '08 and is re-elected.
C. Assume that regardless of who wins, they are not re-elected - thus allowing us to make our own President.

The last one gives more creativity - the first two add a more realistic feel, in my opinion.

White Wolf, are you aware that this is fresh continuity? I don't want you getting the wrong idea. Furthermore, your sample does need to be longer, and don't use the same font for speech and text. It makes it hard to differentiate. As far as posting pictures go, just wrap the URL link in
tags.

Sieben, I'm assuming that you're still approved. But I'll let the head honcho have the final say.

Cyrus, this is a grittier DoM. Basically, the over-arching plot of Year One is that the Beyonder is coming to destroy our planet. The Watchers have made a deal with him. They will assemble any army of the greatest heroes to prove that Earth is worthy enough to live. Unfortunately, the Beyonder is constructing an army of darkness to combat the forces of good. If the heroes win, we keep our planet. If the villains win, we are all destroyed. The fate of Earth hangs in the balance in the ultimate battle of good versus evil. But that story won't be dealt with until the latter half/end of the Season. As NufD pointed out, this is set 5 years in the future in the year 2013 - as to explain the technological/social advances.

Who do you guys think should be this RPG's President? We can either:
A. Assume that Obama wins in '08 and is re-elected.
B. Assume that McCain wins in '08 and is re-elected.
C. Assume that regardless of who wins, they are not re-elected - thus allowing us to make our own President.

The last one gives more creativity - the first two add a more realistic feel, in my opinion.
Former Montana Senator Bruce Byrd Jr.? :word: :cwink:

I'd go with C., just so none of McCain, Obama, or Clinton's supporters get into a political fit.

MB, when can we expect the IC thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"