Guardians of the Galaxy The Rocket Raccoon Appreciation Thread

I think Rocket actually does move like a Raccoon sometimes. His physiology is only slightly anthropomorphic, and I always got the impression from the comics that he walked like a human out of habit, but was more comfortable on all fours.

I hope they make almost exactly like a real raccoon, only a bit bigger, and with a straighter spine. It wont be easy to pull this off, which is why I think it will take lots of money and time to get him right. Otherwise you have Roger Rabbit.

Jason Statham as Rocket is a stupid choice IMHO. I still like the idea of just using Greg Ellis. To me getting a big star JUST to voice Rocket is a pointless waste of time.

If you get Serkis to do it he does the motion capture AND the voice.

Jason Statham as Rocket is a stupid choice IMHO. I still like the idea of just using Greg Ellis. To me getting a big star JUST to voice Rocket is a pointless waste of time.

If you get Serkis to do it he does the motion capture AND the voice.
And again, he's not an ape, he's not a humanoid, it's physiologically impossible for a human to imitate a raccoon's movement. He can't be mocaped the same way the Na'vi or the aliens from John Carter or Hulk was. And since Andy Serkis is now a 7-figure star of his own franchise, he's no longer the cheap work-for-hire he once was. His time is better suited going toward projects where his skills are actually useful, anyway.

You look to how ILM handled Yoda, that's how they're going to tackle Rocket. Maybe some facial capture, more specifically the eyes, will come from the actor.

And again, he's not an ape, he's not a humanoid, it's physiologically impossible for a human to imitate a raccoon's movement. He can't be mocaped the same way the Na'vi or the aliens from John Carter or Hulk was. And since Andy Serkis is now a 7-figure star of his own franchise, he's no longer the cheap work-for-hire he once was. His time is better suited going toward projects where his skills are actually useful, anyway.

You look to how ILM handled Yoda, that's how they're going to tackle Rocket. Maybe some facial capture, more specifically the eyes, will come from the actor.

...Frank Oz muppet....? :yay:

I believe Jim Henson and a few ILM makeup artists made the puppet. And then Henson suggested Oz be the puppeteer

Wouldn't it be hilarious if they chose Kevin Miller, the guy who does the voice of Sly Cooper? It will never happen, but if it did, I would laugh so friggin hard

Gollum. Have a nice day.

well think we all agree he has to have a British and hopefully Cockney accent. after seeing him in Marvel Vs. Capcom i cant see him speaking any other way

I wonder if PETA will object to the way they abuse raccoons in this movie. :o

Yes, Gollum is a humanoid - at least he started out that way. Two long arms, two long legs, Hands and feet with 5 digits each. He's been put through the "ring"er so to speak, but hes basically a Hobbit, and Hobbits are little humanoids. Humanoid just means roughly human in shape.

Rocket, depending on the artist, can be somewhat anthropomorphic (like Bugs Bunny), or just a talking raccoon with clothes. Both approaches could work for the movie, but giving him a humanoid body with a raccoon head would be a mistake.

well think we all agree he has to have a British and hopefully Cockney accent. after seeing him in Marvel Vs. Capcom i cant see him speaking any other way
Am I the only one that really doesn't like that voice at all? I mean, I don't mind giving him a British accent, but that Cockney one in the video game and EMH is just so over the top and silly. People are already going to have a hard time taking the character seriously with him being a talking raccoon and all, he doesn't need some ridiculous cartoony voice too.

nah, pretty sure youre not the only one. just never really had a clue how he sounded and it stuck with me. dont think its all that cartoonish. think its actually pretty badass. but to me all Brits are cool. haha. and i thought he sounded pretty vicious myself. didnt seem cute in the least.

He should have a Swedish accent :oldrazz:

OMG its Rocket Raccoon!!!:hehe:
All he needs is a gun.
[YT]-JbJ-eljl0k[/YT]

THAT! A live racoon with a gun. That'd be surreal and awesome if done right.

THAT! A live racoon with a gun. That'd be surreal and awesome if done right.

I kind of want to punch that guy in the face... he's being pretty awful to that raccoon
If he was being awful to that raccoon he wouldn't have any fingers. :oldrazz:

He's playing rough with it like a puppy.

Am I the only one that really doesn't like that voice at all? I mean, I don't mind giving him a British accent, but that Cockney one in the video game and EMH is just so over the top and silly. People are already going to have a hard time taking the character seriously with him being a talking raccoon and all, he doesn't need some ridiculous cartoony voice too.
I love it. It gives him a nice personality, it'd set him apart from the other characters who would probably have American sounding accents.

Ray Winston is perfect for his voice and he's such a cool anthro just like Howard The Duck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"