The Dark Knight Rises The Score III

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that even mean?

That it was so loud and convoluted that it sounded like 4 separate scores laid on top of each other.

Not to mention that he recycled **** from Titanic more than once in it.

That it was so loud and convoluted that it sounded like 4 separate scores laid on top of each other.

Not to mention that he recycled **** from Titanic more than once in it.
I'm listening to it for the first time now and it doesn't seem like it knows what it wants to be. There's A Beautiful Mind kind of wonderment and then some random Elfman-ish electronica and then some random choral yelling. All it seems pretty lighthearted to me. (I have not seen the movie yet, but everyone's been saying it's supposed to be Spidey gone dark like TDK. Sure doesn't sound like it...)

I went :huh::huh::huh: with the random and very audible "YEAH!" at 4:26:

Listened to the samples, it's alright but I prefer the score from TDK. It's a lot better and suited for the tone of the movie. This one is alright. I'll wait till I hear more of it until I make my final judgement but right now I think it's alright and some people are going on like it's the best thing since sliced bread.
I feel the same way. For TDK I feel in love with the soundtrack from first listen. Here I am trying to listen to all the samples but not digging it completely yet. The full score hopefully changes this for me.

The bashing of Horner's TASM score is ridiculous. With the exception of that chord strike...it's a pretty fantastic piece of work.

Fantastic??

Eww.

Although the "piece of work" part of your analasys certainly fits I'll give you that.

I like Horner's TASM score on its own. But it seems the majority are finding it doesn't accompany the movie well.

I sat down and listened to all the tracks from Begins and TDK, what stood out for me this time was "Watch the World Burn." It goes with Two-Face so well! The somber beats slowly getting more and more threatening mirroring Harvey's own descent into madness.....it's perfection :awesome:

For me, a perfect score would be one that has me humming the theme after leaving the theater

• Star Wars (obviously)
  • The Batman films
  • Spider-Man
  • Captain America
  • The Avengers
They all had memorable themes. I don't care if you weren't a fan of Elfman's work for SM1, the theme is so recognizable and catchy, I always hum it along when watching the movies. In that sense, TASM fails because I actually don't remember any of it. I know the tracks from TDKR and that's based on only 30 second samples :cwink:

The problem with CapAm and Avengers is...the theme is all they have, that's all there is!

I honestly don't find the themes of Captain America and The Avengers memorable and to think I've seen these films at least twice.

Avengers & Captain America had themes? not really memorable ones then

Avengers & Captain America had themes? not really memorable ones then

After you listen to them once or twice on their own, then yes they are memorable. I can still hum the Cap theme and I haunt watched it for months or listened to the music. I just.. know it.

The batman forever and B&R Music was memorable! I mean it accompanied the ****tiest films ever, but man was that music insanely memorable and in your face. I wanted that kind of music over a serious Batman Film, but it will always be tainted.

tell you the movie with the most memorable theme? indiana jones

After you listen to them once or twice on their own, then yes they are memorable. I can still hum the Cap theme and I haunt watched it for months or listened to the music. I just.. know it.
within the film they're not. imo, i can't remember a single thing about them and to think these are recent.

among the Marvel films, i can only recall Elfman's Spiderman theme and that piece of recurring music from X2: X-Men United which i'd like to think was "the theme"

tell you the movie with the most memorable theme? indiana jones
John Williams in general have made some iconic themes of the popular classic films

among the relatively new ones, i love the Lord of the Rings score. each film has a distinct and memorable recurring music:

The Fellowship for the first film
The Rohan Fanfare for the second film
and Realm of Gondor for the third film

on topic, Molossus (and its variations) from Batman Begins and Like Dog Chasing Cars for The Dark Knight are the ones that stood out as memorable to me.

Only just heard that 24 minutes of the soundtrack. I don't like the start of the final track Rise, but the end of it is exactly what I wanted. I'm going to be bawling at the end, I just know it. :csad:

Why Do We Fall is my favourite though.

People don't give that theme at the beginning of aggressive expansion/ end of barbastella enough credit...I think that is easily the most iconic theme from the Nolanverse, and one of the most recognizable superhero themes in modern times.

People don't give that theme at the beginning of aggressive expansion/ end of barbastella enough credit...I think that is easily the most iconic theme from the Nolanverse, and one of the most recognizable superhero themes in modern times.
Barbastella, you mean the part that they used when Bruce was surrounded by bats, then yes that was definitely memorable.

Barbastella, you mean the part that they used when Bruce was surrounded by bats, then yes that was definitely memorable.

Thats the one, it's the theme i associate the most with this entire trilogy.

I really wasn't impressed with the scores for the first two movies and I think it's because there were two different composers. But I've heard samples of TDKR score and I think it sounds fantastic and will be a first day purchase for me. I'm not even a fan of Zimmer, as I feel that a lot of his work feels the same, but I'm LOVING the mix of real instruments, vocals and synth that I'm hearing. It's the kitchen sink approach and I'm happy as long as each piece sounds unique.

It's his opinion if he didn't particularly like the BB/TDK osts.

Last edited:
Well, the post has been removed anyway.

I appreciate that's his opinion and he's entitled to it, but it's just rare to see someone waltz into a Batman fanboy arena and degrade the work of Hans Zimmer! That takes a lot of guts.

He's not degrading it. On the contrary, he's praising TDKR's samples.

Just a bit, mainly because we're apparently getting bad rep for intolerance. Nothing against you at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"