The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Box Office Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a personal perspective, I was quite suprised at the number of empty seats when I watched it, I live in England so the shootings as tragic as they were, really had no effect whatsoever over here in terms of keeping people away.

I watched it first on friday night, prime time 8.45, completely packed theatre, due a ticket pre booking mix up, me and my friend were able to get 2 last tickets, I was fairly shocked though that it was not sold out however at that time on opening day.

I then watched it the next day, to go over parts i'd missed at about midday on a saturday, the theartre was about 60% full. Its a cinema right next to a shopping centre and with restaurants all the way next to it. The centre pulls in about 200 thousand people on a sat.

I was personally suprised at how empty it was.

This film will be a huge financial success, but IMHO it wont out do the dark knight, let alone the avengers.

I think ledgers death, more so than his performance had a bigger hand in the box office than most people thought.

I reckon it will probably hit around the 800 mark.

The amazing sm has done around 550 so far I think, so on the whole not a bad take for WB.

Well in the UK where you live and where TDK was a big success, TDKR's OW is exactly the same as TDK (22.8M) without midnights and a disadvantaging exchange rate so don't worry, it's doing great.

$160.8 million for the weekend. That number just kept dropping over the weekend.

Good opening, but it does suck to have the 'what if' feeling.

Removing the $30 million from midnights and its basically the same number as saturday.

I'd say we'll see about an extra 10% drop across the board this weekend.

Yeah, probably took $20m off the opening, I'm curious on the Global Weekend take.....I think it will pick back up in a week or two. Can't be disappointed based on the circumstances being the 3rd biggest of all time.

Monday totals and next weekend will be true indicators for this movie. It got an A for cinemescore, which is lower than Avengers and TDK, but not by much. should be good for decent legs.

I think the overall multiplier will be lower than TDK, probably 3x or less, so I don't see the movie getting over 500M probably tops out at 480.

@ERCboxoffice

In 332 IMAX theatres, THE DARK KNIGHT RISES rang up $19,011,476 which is $57,263 per.

So in other words, TDKR did $141.9 million without IMAX.

Last edited:
I hate reading the box office numbers and having this 'What if' question in the back of my mind.

Well third highest opener ever and number one for a non 3D film is still a lot to be proud of guys!

Yea, I wonder if it will break the 2nd weekend record? assuming people who planned on going opening weekend, but didn't because of the shooting, would go 2nd weekend.

Well third highest opener ever and number one for a non 3D film is still a lot to be proud of guys!

No doubt. And it may have even surpassed Harry Potter if you take away 3D's numbers for HP, but still...if the tragedy in Colorado didn't happen, you know? It's something that, to me, is why there should be an asterisk with TDKR's BO numbers.

Yea, I wonder if it will break the 2nd weekend record? assuming people who planned on going opening weekend, but didn't because of the shooting, would go 2nd weekend.

Unless they decide to still not see TDKR and see Total Recall instead. That shooting put a stamp on TDKR with being a film people don't want to see rather than go to the theatres period.

No way it breaks TA 2nd week record, but Avatar's 2nd week is still certainly in play.

Unless they decide to still not see TDKR and see Total Recall instead. That shooting put a stamp on TDKR with being a film people don't want to see rather than go to the theatres period.

That's 2 weeks from now, The Watch is the next major release.

Yep, officially pissed by this. This is a big "what if" weekend number. This thing was headed for at minimum 180 million.

Only 2 million more than Knight, four years later and the second widest release ever?

Yeah, what if.....

That's 2 weeks from now, The Watch is the next major release.

I thought Total Recall was going to be released this Friday.

If we're just looking at The Watch, then I really don't have much to worry. People still want to see action, imo. That was my biggest concern with Total Recall showing up.

You can look at it both ways. The Watch is a comedy that is gonna be a lot different than the bleak atmosphere of TDKR.

You can look at it both ways. The Watch is a comedy that is gonna be a lot different than the bleak atmosphere of TDKR.

Exactly!

This film isn't hitting 400 million domestically. Just watch....

That depends on how bad the film is affected by what happened last Friday. If TDKR has a slight weekend drop -- realistically I'll say 40-45% then things are looking good. It'll be interesting to see how well this does during the week.

Yep, officially pissed by this. This is a big "what if" weekend number. This thing was headed for at minimum 180 million.

Only 2 million more than Knight, four years later and the second widest release ever?

Yeah, what if.....

I completely agree with you. I hate it because it's not like we get this kind of quality of film every so often. Out of the top 4 domestic gross films, only Titanic and Dark Knight are memorable masterpieces IMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"