The Dark Knight Rises The Score II

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is that I'm happy the latter track found its way back to the franchise, and it could mean something even better: [BLACKOUT]The first part of the sample is the absolute ending of the final fight/climax and the choir part is Bruce at the Waynes' graves[/BLACKOUT].

Spectacular post.

I second pretty much everything you stated in here.

Especially the part above. It makes sense to equate that musical cue to [BLACKOUT]a member of the Wayne family dying[/BLACKOUT], however I'm also more inclined to believe in a [BLACKOUT]"Bruce at his parents' graves scene"[/BLACKOUT].

Mainly because it'll help me sleep at night :csad:

It's funny, when I was listening to the score samples for the first time, I was looking away from my iPod screen. When "Mind If I Cut In?" began playing, I immediately darted my eyes back to the screen without realizing the track and said; "That's Catwoman". Brilliant work Mr Zimmer :)

Spectacular post.

I second pretty much everything you stated in here.

Especially the part above. It makes sense to equate that musical cue to [BLACKOUT]a member of the Wayne family dying[/BLACKOUT], however I'm also more inclined to believe in a [BLACKOUT]"Bruce at his parents' graves scene"[/BLACKOUT].

Mainly because it'll help me sleep at night :csad:

Yeah, I also hope it's my latter theory. At this moment, it's just a matter of what we want to believe.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm happy as ****!

This is exactly what I expected and what I wanted to hear in TDKR - a good amount of new stuff, but still not completely new. I wanted Zimmer to keep consistency with the last two films while bringing new stuff. I loved what I heard!!!

It's funny, when I was listening to the score samples for the first time, I was looking away from my iPod screen. When "Mind If I Cut In?" began playing, I immediately darted my eyes back to the screen without realizing the track and said; "That's Catwoman". Brilliant work Mr Zimmer :)
Indeed. It sticks out as a clear Catwoman-y type sound from the get go. Which is a very good thing. Instant recognition.

Yeah, I also hope it's my latter theory. At this moment, it's just a matter of what we want to believe.
Are you referencing Prometheus here?

I really adore the fact that there's a lot of BB in there, just as there was some BB moments in TDK (Alfred bringing Bruce supper & him being too upset about a recent tragedy)

I really adore the fact that there's a lot of BB in there, just as there was some BB moments in TDK (Alfred bringing Bruce supper & him being too upset about a recent tragedy)
Yes, and TDK themes in there as well. We're going to get a three in one deal.

Liking what I hear so far. Definitely has brought some themes back from Batman Begins, but still feels quite different from Bb and TDK imo. There is this sort of ominous and creepy feel to it with touches of epicness. Can't wait to hear the full score.

After hearing track #14 so many times... Now I'm reduced to this:

http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/3619711.jpg

It's so the theme of all whole Saga of The Dark Knight Trilogy and its describes Bruce overpowering his pain and rises from the darkness of despair. :') It's so moving... *sniffles*

Last edited:
I am surprised to hear that the soundtrack is quite different from the first two. That said, many of the same motif's can be heard and I'm interested to hearing the tracks in their entirety.

I also noticed quite a bit of influences from his other works, such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator. Did anybody else pick up on this as well?

I got more Sherlock Holmes and Last Samurai, but I feel you.

I am surprised to hear that the soundtrack is quite different from the first two. That said, many of the same motif's can be heard and I'm interested to hearing the tracks in their entirety.

I also noticed quite a bit of influences from his other works, such as Pirates of the Caribbean and Gladiator. Did anybody else pick up on this as well?

Yup. To me the beginning of the "Imagine the Fire" sample, sounds like the 2:14 mark of the track "The Might of Rome" from the Gladiator OST.

Indeed. It sticks out as a clear Catwoman-y type sound from the get go. Which is a very good thing. Instant recognition.

I absolutly love this track and I can just imagine this playing when Selina is slinking throughout the party or mansion. I love everything that I've heard.

But I really hope that we hear a different theme when we see Catwoman in action. That just isn't fitting for an action scene and I really want her to have her own action theme.

Here's a fan-made action theme that I think is really awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXAqSX7mvYM
Not exactly what I would want to hear in TDKR, but a variation of something like this would be very fitting.

Last edited:
Sorry, but I didn't get CW vibes from that song at all. I like it as a song, but it's more of a Terminator track than a CW one.

Is that cool Trailer 3 music in any of the tracks ?

I don't think we're ever getting the music trailer in the soundtrack, regular or extended one. Same happened with a beautiful trailer music track for TDK.

Tremendous stuff, equally haunting and blood pumping, i love how Rise has the same music as Thomas and Martha's death, what could that mean ey?

I got 2 theories on that:

1.Batman flies up with the bomb and dies and when the vocals come in we see his death's aftermath. After all the track is the one we heard when the Waynes died.

2.The epic music is the very last part of the final fight and then we see Bruce visiting his parents' graves.

I don't think we're ever getting the music trailer in the soundtrack, regular or extended one. Same happened with a beautiful trailer music track for TDK.

I hope you're wrong. Not having the trailer 3 music would be a big disappointment for me. I would easily trade any of those tracks for the trailer 3 music :csad:

I hate how the fire rises sample ends at what sounds like the best part. I'm getting a BB vibe from a lot of the tracks. Underground Army is just....wow.

I hope you're wrong. Not having the trailer 3 music would be a big disappointment for me. I would easily trade any of those tracks for the trailer 3 music :csad:

I know what you mean and I hope I'm wrong. But be prepared for it. And I wouldn't be too quick to trade anything yet, those are samples after all, many of them hinting at trailer 2 music greatness!

The trailer 3 music? Sounds like "Why do we fall"

Tremendous stuff, equally haunting and blood pumping, i love how Rise has the same music as Thomas and Martha's death, what could that mean ey?
Its Hauntingly Beautiful is how I put it and full of empowering tones.:woot::woot:

"Rise" for some reason had me in tears for some unknown reason. Did anyone do that while listening to the last track? I know I did and I'm still crying that my eyes hurt from the tears man ...
http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/697322_o.gif

I just don't know why, It just feels like a hole that's going right through me and I can't fill it. It feels like Batman will really die at the end to save Gotham.. :csad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"