The Score V

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight Rises' started by Thread Manager, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Deserana

Deserana 2005/2008/2012

Seconded

2. DCW

DCW Well-Known Member

Anyone know why Zimmer/Howard didn't use the following tracks in the movies?

Batman Begins: Lasiurus
    The Dark Knight: A Dark Knight
    The Dark Knight Rises: Imagine the Fire

I love all those tracks, particularly the first two. I think it would have been fantastic if they used Lasiurus during the end credits of Begins. And while I love the music at the end of TDK, I would've loved to hear 'A Dark Knight' during the final moments of the movie. When listening to it I can line it up perfectly with when the movie cuts to black. Really wish they would have used that track.

Anyone know why these weren't used?

3. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Lasiurus was actually the original end credits suite, but got replaced by the film version.
    A Dark Knight & Imagine the Fire were suites created for the movie, and portions of it can be heard in the movie itself, while most of it was specifically for album.

4. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

The perfect score for Lasiurus would have been when Batman is at the top of the city. The middle of that score around 4:35 would have really set the tone on how deep, sad, hopeful, complicated and lonely it is being bruce wayne.

5. Alex2965

Alex2965 Member

6. the last son

the last son Well-Known Member

Great job man.

7. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Nice, good job :up:

8. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

So I've heard a lot of good metal influenced Batman covers on youtube over the years and wanted to get in on the fun. Let me just preface this for any metal purists out there, this isn't a shred-fest by any means. I just wanted to do my interpretation of TDKR with some heavy guitars added in. So this is mostly an orchestral/electronic approach ala Zimmer, only with an 8 string guitar and rock drums as parts of the ensemble. I've been tinkering with this for a while now, and honestly the mix still isn't quite where I want it to be but it's one of those things where I just had to bite the bullet and post it otherwise I'd never be done with it. So it's a little rough around the edges but figured I wouldn't mind some feedback from you SHH'ers.

I basically just took a bunch of Zimmer's themes (most of them from TDKR) and did my own arrangement to celebrate the legend that is The Dark Knight trilogy. Here goes:

[YT]uypApu5L5-c[/YT]

9. ques

ques New Member

Guys, really need your help. I have listened all of TDKR soundtracks but still couldn't find one very special track. You could hear it in scene where Fox explains Bruce that he is bankrupt and afterwards Bruce shows fusion reactor for Miranda (60.00 - 63.22). (it could also be 2 tracks - one in the house scene, other - reactor scene).

It's amazing...Please help.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  10. zeo5

zeo5 Member

I think its - Handing Over The Reactor, from this "Ultimate Complete Score"....

11. Alex2965

Alex2965 Member

12. litobirdy

litobirdy Well-Known Member

I always skip to the epic Molossus part at 4:00...
    I just wonder why on the OST and Complete score, that Molossus part isn't there, instead it's an alternate version that just doesn't have the same effect.
    Glad you put in the movie version

13. BCDawg97

BCDawg97 Active Member

I guess I don't have a keen enough ear. I know the parts with Bane escaping the Exchange are in a separate track, but doesn't "Risen from Darkness" (one of the extra tracks) have the part from when Batman first passes the cops/uses the EMP all the way to when he drives the batpod down the alley? That track isn't the same as the movie version?

14. A Necessary Evil

Because it was created after the score was already mixed. It's not an alternate or anything, it was created in the editing room after the track was already made, hence why there's no release for it.

15. litobirdy

it's mostly the same. Listen to Molossus from Begins and listen to risen from darkness. the part where batman has the tablet and is looking at the chopper and is about to jump. Its from Molossus but probably slightly more powerful. Risen form Darkness makes that part sound like a drum concert or something.

16. batfreakforever

batfreakforever A real fan

This is a fantastic soundtrack to listen to when working out. Better than Rocky.

17. AnneFan

AnneFan Hathaway #1

Love the 1.37 to 1.56. section of 'Risen From Darkness'. Always look for that bit when I'm listening to the soundtrack.

18. Snow Queen

Considering that there seems to be an extended score for TDKR (I remember a track listing on Hans Zimmer's site, I can find it if anyone wants it), does anyone think we may get it released alongside the Ultimate Trilogy Set?

19. A Necessary Evil

I highly doubt it.

20. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

There is an extended soundtrack for TDK from what I remember. I think we have a much stronger chance at getting an official extended soundtrack for TDKR than an extended edition of the film itself. I know there is a extended soundtrack for TDKR on youtube, but I'm not sure how "official" that is.

21. drunkhomer

drunkhomer Well-Known Member

22. James.B

James.B In search of the absurd

Empire have got a new interview with Hans Zimmer-http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1690

These are the questions related to Batman

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  23. JackWhite

JackWhite Third Man

^ Cool article. I see Hans mentions that theme that Batman hadn't earned yet. I really wonder how that theme sounds. I hope it sees the light of day eventually.

24. JTStarkiller

JTStarkiller Well-Known Member

I was always under the impression that the "theme that Batman hadn't earned yet" was the one used in The Dark Knight -- the first 6-7 minutes or so of A Dark Knight (and was used in other tracks too, like Dog Chasing Cars). I guess I was wrong. Crazy to think it never saw the light of day. I'd love to hear it too, even if it's wrong for the film.

25. litobirdy

"became was the antithesis to that theme so it's in a bin somewhere"

SOMEONE FIND THAT BIN lol
    I thought it was supposed to be like the full version of Risen of darkness or whatever... dammitt