The Dark Knight Rises The Score V

Does anyone have this complete score in HQ and with normalization of sound? Because, last one... was.. not normalize (some tracks was loud, and some - not).
Seconded

Anyone know why Zimmer/Howard didn't use the following tracks in the movies?

Batman Begins: Lasiurus
The Dark Knight: A Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises: Imagine the Fire

I love all those tracks, particularly the first two. I think it would have been fantastic if they used Lasiurus during the end credits of Begins. And while I love the music at the end of TDK, I would've loved to hear 'A Dark Knight' during the final moments of the movie. When listening to it I can line it up perfectly with when the movie cuts to black. Really wish they would have used that track.

Anyone know why these weren't used?

Lasiurus was actually the original end credits suite, but got replaced by the film version.
A Dark Knight & Imagine the Fire were suites created for the movie, and portions of it can be heard in the movie itself, while most of it was specifically for album.

The perfect score for Lasiurus would have been when Batman is at the top of the city. The middle of that score around 4:35 would have really set the tone on how deep, sad, hopeful, complicated and lonely it is being bruce wayne.

So I've heard a lot of good metal influenced Batman covers on youtube over the years and wanted to get in on the fun. Let me just preface this for any metal purists out there, this isn't a shred-fest by any means. I just wanted to do my interpretation of TDKR with some heavy guitars added in. So this is mostly an orchestral/electronic approach ala Zimmer, only with an 8 string guitar and rock drums as parts of the ensemble. I've been tinkering with this for a while now, and honestly the mix still isn't quite where I want it to be but it's one of those things where I just had to bite the bullet and post it otherwise I'd never be done with it. So it's a little rough around the edges but figured I wouldn't mind some feedback from you SHH'ers.

I basically just took a bunch of Zimmer's themes (most of them from TDKR) and did my own arrangement to celebrate the legend that is The Dark Knight trilogy. Here goes:

[YT]uypApu5L5-c[/YT]

Guys, really need your help. I have listened all of TDKR soundtracks but still couldn't find one very special track. You could hear it in scene where Fox explains Bruce that he is bankrupt and afterwards Bruce shows fusion reactor for Miranda (60.00 - 63.22). (it could also be 2 tracks - one in the house scene, other - reactor scene).

It's amazing...Please help.

Last edited:
Guys, really need your help. I have listened all of TDKR soundtracks but still couldn't find one very special track. You could hear it in scene where Fox explains Bruce that he is bankrupt and afterwards Bruce shows fusion reactor for Miranda (60.00 - 63.22). (it could also be 2 tracks - one in the house scene, other - reactor scene).

It's amazing...Please help.
I think its - Handing Over The Reactor, from this "Ultimate Complete Score"....

I guess I don't have a keen enough ear. I know the parts with Bane escaping the Exchange are in a separate track, but doesn't "Risen from Darkness" (one of the extra tracks) have the part from when Batman first passes the cops/uses the EMP all the way to when he drives the batpod down the alley? That track isn't the same as the movie version?

Because it was created after the score was already mixed. It's not an alternate or anything, it was created in the editing room after the track was already made, hence why there's no release for it.

I guess I don't have a keen enough ear. I know the parts with Bane escaping the Exchange are in a separate track, but doesn't "Risen from Darkness" (one of the extra tracks) have the part from when Batman first passes the cops/uses the EMP all the way to when he drives the batpod down the alley? That track isn't the same as the movie version?

it's mostly the same. Listen to Molossus from Begins and listen to risen from darkness. the part where batman has the tablet and is looking at the chopper and is about to jump. Its from Molossus but probably slightly more powerful. Risen form Darkness makes that part sound like a drum concert or something.

This is a fantastic soundtrack to listen to when working out. Better than Rocky.

Love the 1.37 to 1.56. section of 'Risen From Darkness'. Always look for that bit when I'm listening to the soundtrack.

Considering that there seems to be an extended score for TDKR (I remember a track listing on Hans Zimmer's site, I can find it if anyone wants it), does anyone think we may get it released alongside the Ultimate Trilogy Set?

There is an extended soundtrack for TDK from what I remember. I think we have a much stronger chance at getting an official extended soundtrack for TDKR than an extended edition of the film itself. I know there is a extended soundtrack for TDKR on youtube, but I'm not sure how "official" that is.

Empire have got a new interview with Hans Zimmer-http://www.empireonline.com/interviews/interview.asp?IID=1690

These are the questions related to Batman
Chris Nolan always said he had to convince you to do Batman Begins. Was it a struggle?
I kept telling him that I had no time and that I was busy on something else and he'd phone and would describe shots to me. He wouldn't send them. He was in London and I was in LA and was supposed to come over to London but was stuck on this movie. There's an iconic shot of Batman on top of this tall building looking out over the city, and Chris was describing it to me saying, "I just can't make this shot work. Can you just write something that delivers me to it?" I was saying, "No, no, I don't have time... Okay, I'll do something really rough" and did it and next day we get a phone call saying, "The shot is in now... I have this other thing, could you just..." I kept telling him I didn't have time and would whip something rough up and by the time James (Newton Howard) and I got over to London, the whole movie was temped with all those rough sketches, but at least it wasn't everybody else's music! It started to already have the tone of where we were going.

Did anyone think you'd end up working on a trilogy?
Not at all. In fact, if anything, I seem to remember Chris and everyone feeling a little bit like the fans are watching what we're doing, are we going to ruin this movie? Because we were trying some very different things. I remember having a safety heroic tune written, which I didn't like very much, but it was in case anyone would turn round to us and go, "hang on, he's supposed to be a superhero and you're doing this two-note thing here!" On the second one, the super heroic thing came out of the drawer and Chris said, "I quite like this..." And I kept saying, "But the character hasn't earned it!" By the time we got to the third one, really what the character became was the antithesis to that theme so it's in a bin somewhere. The way we work is, we put everything, every idea into the movie that we're in front of. We don't ever think if there's going to be another. You don't keep anything in reserve, either.

I've never had a real job in my life that lasted any longer than however long working on the movie lasts. If Chris had said at the beginning, "We're going spend eight or nine years of our lives doing Batman movies" I would have balked at the whole thing. I balked enough as it is!

Was it different working on Inception with a couple of movies already under your belts together?
I'd go to the set and we'd spent a long time talking about it, I'd started writing ideas and themes. When he finished shooting, I said, "Can I go and see the movie now?" He said, "no! Not until you finish writing the score!" So again it was a little bit like the Batman Begins process, because there is something that happens. It became a game with me where I would know what scene I was writing for but I hadn't seen the theme and I would send a piece of music over without writing on it what scene it was for and then when I finally saw the movie, I wanted to see how much of it translated and it all did! There's a moment in Inception when she's on the ledge and the shoe falls and I'd really specifically had in my head what that would be and that's exactly what it was, the timing and everything worked perfectly. So it's that being in sync with the director is really important. But Chris and I have an unusual way of working.

How much input did you have into the famous "Braaam" sound that is so associated with the film and Zack Hemsey's trailer tune?
We did the first two trailers and the famous "Braaam" sound or whatever you want to call it, is in Chris' script. So we already had done that, and then I got really busy actually writing the movie and Chris played me the Zack piece and there are a couple of chords in it that I was really trying to avoid, and I thought it was funny because they're sort of Batman chords (laughs)), which I didn't want in Inception. But I thought, 'at least it seems part of the family!'

Does it annoy or please you that it gets used on every big trailer now?
It doesn't please me or annoy me. Look, we weren't going to do it again! On one of the trailers for Dark Knight Rises that had been cut by a trailer house used that sound and so now we had to come up with something to replace that. What we did was, we went exactly the opposite way. There's a trailer that starts off with these really abstract piano notes, really lonely. That all used to be action-y music and big 'braaams' etc. and because Chris and I realised that the great thing we have in Batman, when you hear those little off sonatas or that string thing, you know in a second that it's a Batman movie. So we could postpone in a funny way, giving away what you were looking at. It was just a fun game to play not to use it.

And The Dark Knight Rises kept the collaborative spirit up?
The stuff for Bane in Dark Knight Rises was written... I just tried to beat Chris in a way so it was written before he went out to shoot any of the theme. So it was recorded before he started doing the movie. And we talked about this process we have where it's not that I'm trying stay ahead of him, but we try to develop certain things simultaneously. I asked him if it was helpful to him and he said, "Sometimes on the set, you have all these people but you're still the director and the writer and sometimes it's nice if you can go, 'Over there, there's a little bit of Zimmer that I can go to.'" I'm just this little brick that you can plug in if you veer suddenly. We came up with the idea for the chant and then I hear from the sound crew and the assistant directors that they're trying to teach the chant to the extras, so something that was something I was just playing around with suddenly becomes part of the film. We wouldn't have been able to do it afterwards. These ideas happen earlier at the script stage.

Of your career, was there a tough job that came out exactly the way you hoped?
None of them come out the way I want or hope. Actually, that's not true. There are two movies. The Thin Red Line was a lot of work and it turned out exactly how I hoped. It's pretty good. And then The Dark Knight Rises, it was a really great way of finishing nine years of our lives. It was a great journey and it felt satisfying on a personal level.

Last edited:
^ Cool article. I see Hans mentions that theme that Batman hadn't earned yet. I really wonder how that theme sounds. I hope it sees the light of day eventually.

I was always under the impression that the "theme that Batman hadn't earned yet" was the one used in The Dark Knight -- the first 6-7 minutes or so of A Dark Knight (and was used in other tracks too, like Dog Chasing Cars). I guess I was wrong. Crazy to think it never saw the light of day. I'd love to hear it too, even if it's wrong for the film.

"became was the antithesis to that theme so it's in a bin somewhere"

SOMEONE FIND THAT BIN lol
I thought it was supposed to be like the full version of Risen of darkness or whatever... dammitt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"