The Dark Knight Rises The Score II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah. The Lord of Light theme? Yeah, it has a similar sinister undercurrent. Very hellish.

Yes, that's the one! Thank you. I've been trying to remember the name since I first heard it. :funny:

tumblr_m2mbthKAMu1r94gkoo1_400.gif

tumblr_m2cdr5nmb21qkqcq4.gif

tumblr_m3xj0iy8UT1qep2ygo1_500.gif

Pretty much all my emotions when I read this post.

tumblr_m43dzesN261rrv76co1_500.gif

Glad I could make you feel all sorts of things. haha!

At work, downloading the youtube link. Can't wait to hear this bad boy.

Honestly, not sure if it is the 30 second previews, but I'm not feeling this soundtrack. Liked TDK much better.

I think I might like this one more, but I feel that a 51 minute runtime is too short. I'm glad this even *gets* a release, unlike many other great superhero scores out there (Batman & Robin, SM3, and B:TAS, other than the LLLR).

Hopefully, there will be some bonus downloadable tracks, like inception/sherlock holmes 2.

Funny little coincidence. The Return of the King first track is called "A Storm Is Coming" just like TDKR and they both happen to be the third installment of a trilogy.

Found that pretty neat.

Funny little coincidence. The Return of the King first track is called "A Storm Is Coming" just like TDKR and they both happen to be the third installment of a trilogy.

Found that pretty neat.

Nice catch! I love when things like that happen.

It obviously means that
zimmer is taking over for howard shore on scoring duties for the hobbit

Amazon will most likely have different 30 sec. samples. Looking forward to hearing these in full.

I love how 'Gotham's Reckoning' has a bell in it like its tolling for death.

Last edited:
Anybody notice the bits of Molossus with the electronics and synth in Imagine The Fire?! :)

I thought that cover design was fan made? It's beautiful.

More thoughts:

'Mind if I Cut In' is prefect for Catwoman.

Love the electronic synth and manipulation in 'Underground Army'.

'Born in Darkness' has a very somber feel to it.

'The Fire Rises' cuts off just as its about to get epic. Grrr!

'Fear will find You' is Batman incarnate!

Is that hints of Davey Jone's and The Kraken I hear in 'Imagine the fire' at 14 seconds to 17 seconds?

'Rise' is just hinting at Epic! The chorus part sounds like it could be a somber memorial type moment.:( I really think this may be the 'Chevalier de Sangreal' of the album and the trilogy.

Just listened to all the samples and I love it. Love it all. Can't wait for the full soundtrack to come out.

HURRY UP AND LEAK!

Has anyone else noted that the order of the tracks has been switched from what we originally had?

Anyone have a download link?? I want to start editing this into other pieces of music to last me until the album comes out.

Ridiculous hyperbole defined right after posting them:

There are more, but I've noticed it's more that one poster. Talk about overemotional responses. Yikes.

You do realize that you are on the BATMAN FORUMS of a website called SUPERHEROHYPE! right?

Oh my god, people getting excited about something they're passionate about! Oh my god who could have expected that?

Maybe these people are slightly overreacting to 30 seconds snippets. Maybe (I don't think so. Music is art. Music is life). But it's nothing compared to your criticisms of the reactions. What did you expect when you logged in here?

So strange... yet so familiar with a new tone mixed in and more. I can hear it, even through these samples. Hans Zimmer's TDKR score is coursing through and singing to my blood like its on FIRE with a hint of composed state of symbolism of Dark Knight Trilogy all in one.

I love it... no words can describe what I'm feeling... except in the sense of a word in 3 emotions:

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/317/b/d/majin_vegeta_smirk_by_cooltaff12-d4fxzoi.gif

http://rolety.czeladz.pl/wp-content/fassbender-perfection-gif-673.gif

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/27900000/gif-natsu-dragneel-27967601-500-281.gif

:D

Ok, my 2 cents based on the samples.

1.A Storm Is Coming - Typical Nolan Batfilm beginning. This time, unlike in TDK with the Joker's war siren, the theme is overtaken by something dark and creepy, as if engulfed by darkness (again, as opposed to TDK's flames). Completely random, but the final 5 seconds reminded of the beginning of the Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines main theme (well, mostly its beginning).

2.On Thin Ice - A very sad piece of music. I would venture a guess and associate it (and the title) with Bruce's emotional state at the beginning of TDKR.

3.Gotham's Reckoning - The beginning of what I've gathered so far to be Bane's theme. Obvious due to the title and the last 3 seconds are like an alternate Uruk Hai theme from LotR. It will probably start building up to his Deshi Bashara theme.

4.Mind If I Cut In? - I can't even begin to talk about this. Someone mentioned it's reminiscent of Elfman's CW theme, but I don't see it at all. It's the Ring and Sherlock Holmes piano. It's dangerous, it's ominous, I find it more dream-like than seductive, but that works for CW's character, too. I love it and so far it's my favorite sample of the bunch. Fresh sound for this trilogy, too.

5.Underground Army - A more electronic variation of an established theme of this trilogy. I would be inclined to "operation theme" or "s**t's happening". It's alright, I'm always a sucker for reprises. This may be my least favorite track so far.

6.Born In Darkness - That is a sad and haunting theme. And I swear to God I hear Ra's Al Ghul's theme 20 seconds in. I'm willing to bet this is the Ra's flashback/Bane origin scene.

7.The Fire Rises - Aggressive as f**k, variant hints of the Batman 2-note motif... I will go out on a limb and say this is the Bane/Batman confrontation, or at least its beginning.

8.Nothing Out There - This conjures images of wastelands, desserts, vast spaces. It could be playing over shots of a destroyed Gotham. Definitely a post-breaking track.

9.Despair - The bats are back! Seeing as Bruce could be in jail at the time we hear this song, I'm willing to bet this has something to do with the [BLACKOUT]kangaroo court[/BLACKOUT] scene.

10.Fear Will Find You - The closest we have to the official Batman theme from TDK on, making its comeback here. This is a much better theme to reprise, so I'm glad it's back.

11.Why Do We Fall? - Uplifting, building up to something far more epic, hinting at ascension. Oh yeah, if the title wasn't obvious, this is the [BLACKOUT]well-climbing[/BLACKOUT] scene. And it's so far my 2nd favorite track of the soundtrack.

12.Death By Exile - Perfectly creepy. This is stuff you hear in horror movies. Can't put my finger on its context, though, although it does seem connected to the rumoured [BLACKOUT]Gordon's choice at the kangaroo court[/BLACKOUT].

13.Imagine the Fire - Action track, it has to be. Triumphant, epic, heroic. This has to be the beginning of the final fight.

14.Necessary Evil - This is a reprise of the TDK ferries music. I can't really decide what this may refer to from what I know, but it's an interesting connection to TDK.

15.Rise - What can I say? It starts in an exhilarating and heroic fashion, only to hear... the [BLACKOUT]Waynes' death [/BLACKOUT]track. I mean... it looks obvious, but is it that? Dare I say it's very indicative of the rumoured climax of [BLACKOUT]Batman flying up wuith Bane's bomb and dying in the process[/BLACKOUT]? Then again, a lot can happen in 7+ minutes. All I know is that I'm happy the latter track found its way back to the franchise, and it could mean something even better: [BLACKOUT]The first part of the sample is the absolute ending of the final fight/climax and the choir part is Bruce at the Waynes' graves[/BLACKOUT].

I know it may not seem something special, but I rememember the TDK samples being "meh" to intriguing and the TDK soundtrack itself being very underwhelming compared to BB's. However, upon multiple listens, seeing the movie and listening to the full soundtrack, I ended up loving TDK OST more than the BB one. This could be the case here.

Oh, and the Catwoman theme sounds amazing.

"Why Do We Fall" is my favorite sample BY FAR.

To me it sounds like the climactic music that we got in Trailer #3 comes from this track. Listen to it again while its playing repeat these lines "Why did you run? Bane?" "You should be as afraid of him as I am". Of course it's not an exact match, but it's fairly close, and could be all part of one complete track.

:up: Tell 'em how it is. We all know if we like something and we can react how we want. :hrt:

So true. I remember once I was watching a football game at B.J.s andthis group of musicians kept staring over at me and mumblings things whenever I'd get excited. All the while I kept thinking.... "hey you get excited about your music, and your drugs, and I get excited about football. So what?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"