The Smartest in the Marvel Universe?

On the list quoted above, Eon. Epoch and the Supreme Intelligence have been stated previously to be omniscient.

On the list quoted above, Eon. Epoch and the Supreme Intelligence have been stated previously to be omniscient.

Nope. Just super human. the Handbook lists them all in the super-human range. They aren't all knowing.

I know we've clashed on this before, but imo the current versions of the handbook retcon the 1990s versions (which actually changed a lot of the info from the 1980s versions.)

If you show me the page in a comic book where Epoch claims to know everything, I will change it.

Eon was the custodian of cosmic awareness and was the one who bestowed it on Mar-Vell. He had cosmic awareness of the highest sort and could instantly know whatever he wanted to simply by summoning the information from the fabric of the universe itself.

Eon was the custodian of cosmic awareness and was the one who bestowed it on Mar-Vell. He had cosmic awareness of the highest sort and could instantly know whatever he wanted to simply by summoning the information from the fabric of the universe itself.

His current rating is Super-Human. Honestly, I think they give Omniscient ratings away too much anyway. It should be limited to the One Above All, The Living Tribunal and the abstracts.

If a character ever asks a question they don't know the answer to, they're not omniscient.

His current rating is Super-Human. Honestly, I think they give Omniscient ratings away too much anyway. It should be limited to the One Above All, The Living Tribunal and the abstracts.

If a character ever asks a question they don't know the answer to, they're not omniscient.

He isn't God, his powers are just handed down from The One Above All.

He isn't God, his powers are just handed down from The One Above All.

Yet he's the most powerful and most intelligent active character in the MU (You don't see TOAA that much.)

I'm trying to do a list of intelligence ratings for Marvel Wikia based on the 2004-2007 handbooks. If anyone has the ratings from those handbooks that I'm missing, please PM me.

Yet he's the most powerful and most intelligent active character in the MU (You don't see TOAA that much.)

I'm trying to do a list of intelligence ratings for Marvel Wikia based on the 2004-2007 handbooks. If anyone has the ratings from those handbooks that I'm missing, please PM me.

Have we ever seen him? Other than maybe, possibly the in the lame DC vs. Marvel crossover?

Reed is the smartest human,but i would think the Supreme Intelligence,Galactus,The Living Tribunal or Thanos would be the cosmic equiviliant.

Most would suggest either Reed, Doom or Bruce Banner (reed himself mentioned this at one point I think) but im gonna go with Charles Xavier. He holds the title of most powerful mind on the planet, and probably with good reason. When all minds on the planet are pretty much an open book to you, what they know gets added to yours. Assuming he can store that knowledge.
I think Amadeus Cho should be on that list, he's the 7th most intellignent person on the (marvel) earth but he's outsmarted Reed and a great many other people to boot. Deserves a mention at least.

Most would suggest either Reed, Doom or Bruce Banner (reed himself mentioned this at one point I think) but im gonna go with Charles Xavier. He holds the title of most powerful mind on the planet, and probably with good reason. When all minds on the planet are pretty much an open book to you, what they know gets added to yours. Assuming he can store that knowledge.
I think Amadeus Cho should be on that list, he's the 7th most intellignent person on the (marvel) earth but he's outsmarted Reed and a great many other people to boot. Deserves a mention at least.

Xavier has a superhuman ability to absorb knowledge from multiple sources simultaneously. They have shown a room in the basement that he had built for himself. It has many monitor screens that he watches from all over the world in multiple languages all at the same time.

Then im definitely sticking with my original vote for Charles. Always considered him to be an untapped character in terms of power and ability.

Xavier is an idiot. He may be able to absorb the knowlegde of others, but the uses he puts that knowledge to indicates his pedestrian brain-power.

He is lacking in so many ways.... It's no wonder he prays for death daily.

"Throughout most of his comic book history, Xavier is paraplegic, although his body houses one of the world's most powerful mutant minds. A high-level telepath, Xavier can read, control and influence human minds. A scientific genius with a superhuman ability to absorb information, he is also a leading authority on genetics, mutation and psionic powers."

Nah, he's not that bad :oldrazz:

He prays for death daily because he spent most of his time with Scott Summers. I mean come on, who wouldn't after that??

He doesn't mean you. You (sadly) are not the real Doom. I thought this was explained to you before? :D

Unless you've the money to allow me to continue my weekly sessions, I would advise you to not shatter my delusional self-image.

Or on another note: No kidding. I meant he would get a special spot in Heaven for seeing TRUTH. (Such an underrated yet incredibly rare talent)

Well once I get my xerox up and running I can start sending you cash in the mail :up: ;)

On your other note. Yeahhhh...I say he does have an Edge over Reed since Reed is such a dip wad.

I soooo hope the current Reed is a Skrull. Classic Reed was... distracted from thinking in long-string equations. This clown's a fascist and a weapons-maker. That's two things Reed Richards would never get involved with.

Or... back in character: Riiiichaaaaards!

I've always considered Doom to be slightly smarter than Richards. He seems to figure things out before Richards does and he also has an understanding of magic, which is something Reed lacks.

And he has a PATH in life - knows what he wants - where Reed just... meanders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"