The "Spike_x1's Collection Thread" Thread

Was home the other day and decided to take a few pics...

IMGP2579.jpg

I know I need a better Megatron to fit into that display, but this was mainly to show off Soundwave and his lil' buddies. I love how Robot Heroes Rumble fits in with the others' scale almost perfectly, even if he's super deformed.

IMGP2576.jpg

Ravage: one of the few ROTF figures that I cared enough about to buy.

IMGP2577.jpg

Now, I hated ROTF, but damn, did they ever come out with an awesome Prime.

IMGP2580.jpg

An older pic of ROTF Starscream that I found on my camera, which I simply never got around to posting before now.

IMGP2578.jpg

A close up of some BW figs, since I didn't already have a pic of them together after Tigerhawk and Depth Charge joined the display. I'll always love taking pics with Rampage & Transmutate's head as well. :o:up:

And finally Minimates Bane, which I just picked up the other day:

Bane.jpg

Got a few new things today...

I think that Zod is immensely overrated as a Superman villain, but still, I had to admit that my gallery of Superman rogues wouldn't be complete without a figure of that wacky General:

DSC00089.jpg

I think I'm starting to get into Minimates, so hooray! Something else to blow money on!

DSC00087.jpg

DSC00088.jpg

Added Clayface to the Bat Family & Villains display. Muddy Batman is off to the side somewhere out of sight (he'd probably would've taken the place of my Batman in this display. If only he didn't look like he was splattered with poo):

DSC00091.jpg

I also found JLU Parasite at TRU. I had heard that he's a little hard to find, and I do love me some Parasite since he's my favorite Superman rogue, so I snatched the f**ker up, even though I don't collect JLU toys. These things have a reputation for flaws more than anything else, and I'm lucky that my Parasite can even stand on its own for more than a minute (which can't be said for a lot of the JLU figs, as I understand it), so I'm not going to make a habit of getting the Bruce Timm style toys. Nevertheless, I did need a Superman for the purple guy to fight, and there's that small nerdy shop that I've gotten used toys from in the past, where I knew that they had a JLU style Superman. So here we are. I still find it weird to see the Parasite as being smaller than Supes, when in most incarnations (including the animated universe), he's depicted as a much bigger guy than Clark. Oh well.

DSC00093.jpg

Rearranged a couple displays over the Xmas break while I was home from school.

DSC00112.jpg

I moved Despero and the BAFs in back around after that last pic.
Now Aquaman's gonna serve up a knuckle sandwich!

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00126.jpg

DSC00127.jpg

DSC00128.jpg

My folks got me the Metallo BAF online for Xmas. Now if only I could get my hands on that Silver Banshee fig from the Public Enemies line for my Superman & villains display...

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00131.jpg

Excellent, Spike! Your Batman shelf is most impressive. Very nicely done. Robin and Nightwing look great and I love that Batman figure. My favorite of all time. Batgirl is great too.

Aquaman and Black Manta look really great too. Dude, take a shot or two from farther back so we can really see the scope of the whole thing.

Love the Clayface. How old is that one? Looks almost like BTAS.

Yo

Nice collection man!!!

Anyways, what did you use to make those flight stands stick on the wall like that?? The ones when you made Storm and Angel fly.

I know it's not tape.

Did you actually glued them to the wall??

Nah, there are a few thumb tacks in the wall and notches in the bases of the flight stands to hook the heads of the tacks into. It can take some adjusting to find the right center of balance for heavier figures like Annihilus and Angel (the weight of their wings makes a big difference compared to a lighter figure like Storm) so that they don't fall over and/or pull the tack out of the wall with their weight.

thanks.

wow i dont even see the thumb tacks on that pic

how many tacks do you use for each figure?

wow amazing collection man, i might have to share my small colletion now :D

Got this in the mail today. It's surprisingly hard to photograph with decent lighting.

Goku1.jpg

Goku2.jpg

Wow, a DBZ toy that actually has articulation. I remember when I used to be into that cartoon I had like the Trunks and Vegeta toy and the only thing you could move was their arms and not even at their elbows; just where it connects with the shoulder.

I'm not a DBZ fan, but that fig is pretty rockin.

Nothing new here. Just a few more pics of Goku. His kind of action figure is just so foreign to me, I can't seem to stop fiddling with him and giving him new poses. :awesome:

DSC00166.jpg

DSC00156.jpg

DSC00153.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00154.jpg

Nope. Just a regular action figure like you'd find at TRU, only it's crazy and Japanese. And almost comically small, considering how articulated and detailed it is.

His shoulder pad-thingy is a little loose, which might make it look like I put it together myself as a model, but that's really just the way the figure is.

EDIT: Your post in the "Stuff We Wish Existed" thread is actually what first made me aware of the Hybrid Action toyline. :up:

Last edited:
Nope. Just a regular action figure like you'd find at TRU, only it's crazy and Japanese. And almost comically small, considering how articulated and detailed it is.

His shoulder pad-thingy is a little loose, which might make it look like I put it together myself as a model, but that's really just the way the figure is.

EDIT: Your post in the "Stuff We Wish Existed" thread is actually what first made me aware of the Hybrid Action toyline. :up:
Well with out anything to give it scale (and the crappy paint on the hands) it looks a lot like a model kit that's in the pipe.

What do you mean "without anything to give it scale"?
Sure, it's slightly in front of my keyboard and my 365g can of pens and pencils, not to mention some TPB comics and novels, so you can't get a definitive measurement of its scale because of the perspective, but you can't say that those pictures don't give you a sense of its approximate size. :confused:

EDIT: Or maybe I just have a huge novelty sized keyboard and gigantic pencils.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"