The "Spike_x1's Collection Thread" Thread

Ebay huh?.....I got my Trunks from Toywiz......Thinking about getting SS Trunks aswell...

As much as that Hybrid Action Goku impresses me, I think that the only other one of those figures that I might consider getting would be Vegeta in his normal state, and I'm not too interested in getting either of them in Super Saiyan form.

Dude, take a shot or two from farther back so we can really see the scope of the whole thing.
I'm heading home for a week long study break today, so I'm going to try to remember to take some pics like that. I'm also thinking about rearranging my Marvel and Transformers displays, and maybe getting some pics of the TFs' alt modes as well.

As much as that Hybrid Action Goku impresses me, I think that the only other one of those figures that I might consider getting would be Vegeta in his normal state, and I'm not too interested in getting either of them in Super Saiyan form.

Well see F.Trunks is my all time favorite DDBZ character and I'm wanting to get a collection started...

I'm heading home for a week long study break today, so I'm going to try to remember to take some pics like that. I'm also thinking about rearranging my Marvel and Transformers displays, and maybe getting some pics of the TFs' alt modes as well.
Alright, so it took me a little while, but here's a few pics I took during my break.

The requested pic of the big DC shelf smorgasbord (I gave the Flashes stands so that they could get some more interesting running poses):

DSC00169.jpg

My new Batman, replacing Zipline Bats so that the DCD Batman can go back to his place in my Trinity display, instead of holding down the fort on my Bat shelf:

DSC00170.jpg

DSC00171.jpg

A new pic of Minimates Bane, after I only just discovered that his mask comes off:

DSC00172.jpg

In the process of relocating the Marvel stuff, so some of the positioning probably isn't final, and I've got thumb tacks and crap laying out in the open. I'm also probably going to put up another wooden shelf to the right of this display in order to give the figures more space...

DSC00173.jpg

DSC00174.jpg

DSC00175.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

A new Hulk shelf (again, probably not final):

DSC00177.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

(Man, that custom Hulk's paint really doesn't photograph well. I swear, it's not quite that ugly in person)

And now... Subject Delta!

DSC00167.jpg

DSC00168.jpg

what, what hulk is custom? the one fightin abomination? :O wow, didnt realize it was custom!

Yeah, Spike. I think he looks awesome! He looks like he sweating.

I love your Thor, Iron Man, Captain America. Your timing is perfect with the Heroic Age coming. MS Thor looks sweet. I don't have that figure, but now I want him.

Dr. Doom is sweet lookin' too. Nice work.

Superman with all of his villains behind him looks rad too. Looking good.

In the process of relocating the Marvel stuff, so some of the positioning probably isn't final, and I've got thumb tacks and crap laying out in the open.

DSC00175.jpg

What I would try? Can you get Thor, Iron Man and Cap all with one foot on the base? That would looks sweet. Like a unified trinity. Suit up Iron Man, too. And do you have the Face Off Captain America? I think he would look way better. Throw a Spider-Man and a Wolverine in front of them and call it a day.

I do like the glossy look of the green on Hulk, but these pics kinda show a little more of the original shade of green underneath the paint than what is actually visible when you see it in person, especially on his arms. Makes my paint look a little sloppier and more uneven than it actually is (not saying that my painting is great by any means).
What I would try? Can you get Thor, Iron Man and Cap all with one foot on the base? That would looks sweet. Like a unified trinity. Suit up Iron Man, too. And do you have the Face Off Captain America? I think he would look way better. Throw a Spider-Man and a Wolverine in front of them and call it a day.
I can do the Trinity thing next time I'm home. :up:

I don't have the Face Off Cap because I'm pretty much satisfied with Ultimate Steve filling the role, even in spite of his burn victim-esque face. Maybe I'll get the Face Off version someday if I find him loose for cheap, or if I get the extra cash to spend on him in-package. I also need to get a new Wolverine (kinda have my eye on the one from the Rulk wave), since the one I have now is missing the claws from his left hand; although that's not a deal breaker for me, as I can just pretend that they're retracted.

Just arrived in my mail and conquered my Red Bull:

Leader.jpg

Nah, I got it loose for pretty cheap.

I bought Ramos Spider-Man to match my Green Goblin the other day, as well as the old Spider-Man Classics red and blue Spidey. Got them loose without a base or anything, but that's fine with me. The Fearsome Foes boxset Spider-Man fills the "super-posable Spidey" niche in my collection, but I like this guy specifically for the bigger eyes and more vibrant red on his costume. When I want a crazy McFarlane-esque webslinging pose for Spider-Man, though, I'll stick with the Fearsome Foes one. Anyway, most of my Marvel toys are in a bin right now until I can get a nice big shelf for them all. There are a few of them still out in the open here beside my computer.

I try not to pay attention to 'Burn Victim' Captain America's face. I'll probably throw Hulk in there sooner or later as well, just to round out the big guns a little more.

dsc00197kx.jpg

Last edited:
Looking good, Spike. It's cool seeing all the big guns together. Interesting choices though, with Spider-Man Classics and brown and tan Wolverine, but it works. I knew I shoulda kept my unified Avengers base and Spider-Man and Wolverine idea to myself, dammit! :doh: :woot:

Dude. Do yourself a favor? You're next toy mission, should you choose to accept it....Track down Face Off Captain America and get rid of burn victim Ultimate Craptain America. You'll be glad you did. Especially with his movie coming up. C'mon man, show some respect.

I loathe Ultimate Cap's character, but I actually like his costume more than the classic Cap. It always seemed like a natural update on the classic, keeping the important elements while making a few tweaks. The only thing I'd probably change in the toy is give his boots and gloves a red wash or something. I'll also get around to cleaning up some of the ugly smudges on his face some day. So yeah, despite my making fun of the figure, his problems aren't uncorrectable and I have no problem with just having his figure in my collection in the place of the Face-Off one. Of course, having either one (or both) would be fine in my book, and I would jump to get Face-Off Cap if I ever saw him for cheap, but for now I have no nagging urge to buy him.

Last edited:
Been a while since my last update and I've been away at school, so here's the stuff I've got with me in my dorm room:

DSC00285.jpg

DSC00283.jpg

DSC00282.jpg

DSC00280.jpg

DSC00244.jpg

DSC00241.jpg

DSC00238.jpg

New haul:

dsc00286z.jpg

X-23 is actually gonna be a gift for a friend, but shhh! Don't tell anyone!

Where is that Professor Hulk come from? It's not a custom, is it?

Oh yeah. I forgot all about him. Nice find, Spike.

DSC00287.jpg

All of my current TF Generations figs:

TFs2.jpg

TFs3.jpg

TFs4.jpg

A fan transformation for Soundwave. I found a number of examples of Boombox-esque configurations for the toy, but out of the ones I could find, I think this one looks the most like the alt mode from the game's credit sequence:

TFs5.jpg

TFs14.jpg

I know that little cylinder on Megatron's fusion cannon probably isn't meant to be a scope or anything, but I thought it was a neat concept anyway.

TFs10.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"