The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest fear for the movie at this point is that the relationship parts of the story will get lost in all the toxin, old debt, Viper and Silver Samurai plot.

I know it might not be high priority for many here, but I really hope they have some nice romance/strong emotions (with Mariko) and sexual tension (with Yukio).

that always seems to be the problem with origins, to much muddled plot, with no real strong points. (except for maybe the admantium procedure scene)

Hugh Jackman likes the character and I think that he was honestly trying in the film, but everything else was lacking. I still haven't seen many fights as good as the one in the X2 where the soldier overpowers wolverine, the he goes berzerker.

I do hope the story is good but I really thing the quality of this movie will depend on the fighting, for me at least.

No you're right I agree with you man. Jackman obviously cares about the character and always gives it his best.

Any chance we can get some gifs from the newest teaser? No one on tumblr seems to be blogging about this movie enough to make gifs.

I'm waiting for Kane aka The God of Gifs.

That poster is the wallpaper on my phone right now. :woot:

I wish we could get a sequel to the last game. Certainly seemed like they were setting that up at the end of the first one.

Yeah, I liked the reveal at the end where it was a dystopian DoFP-like future. Would have been great to have played a game set in that future.

They should have given hugh that emo bieber look on that poster alone and this would have done gangbusters in the east.

This looks amazing from what I have seen.....I just wish we could get a costumed Wolverine...even if just for a moment.

May I just say, it's very good to finally see some activity on this board this week, even if only because of the trailer.

it's been very lonely 'round these parts the past few months

The music in the new teaser I'm pretty sure is a remixed version of the Skyfall teaser music.

[YT]EBo5OW7Un1c[/YT]

I love the new poster (best one since that Wolvie-crouching-on-the-temple-roof poster). I even love it more than the teaser. I trust that the trailer will be awesome though.

Trailer will debut at 9AM EST tomorrow.

1PM over here! Not bad.

I really like this new poster with the katana, its my fav poster so far!

:awesome:

I feel bad for the other guy...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the guy he is fighting with Silver Samurai right? just w/o the armor.

Last edited:
Teasers for teasers of trailers.

This is getting gorram ridiculous.

Then don't watch it.

These teasers for the teaser trailer are actually making people get more excited.

Hostile much? Stop being so defensive about this movie. People are allowed to have varied opinions. Not everyone has to automatically love everything about it before the movie has even come out. ;)

I didn't claim they don't get people more excited...I claimed the teaser marketing is ridiculous. Drawn out. Overplayed. Just release the trailer when it's time to release it. Commercials for teaser trailers are a new low in film marketing.

Last edited:
Then stop being so negative. Its just a sneak peak for a trailer. If you don't like it, then don't watch it.

Just because someone finds the marketing ridiculous doesn't mean they're not interested in the product.

Nobody's being negative. You're just taking irrational offense to people not loving every aspect of modern blockbuster film marketing.

Your "Don't like it? GTFO." mentality is tiresome. Nobody's crapping on the film itself.

Just because someone finds the marketing ridiculous doesn't mean they're not interested in the product.

Nobody's being negative. You're just taking irrational offense to people not loving every aspect of modern blockbuster film marketing.

Your "Don't like it? GTFO." mentality is tiresome. Nobody's crapping on the film itself.

You're the one having a fit here. Settle down.

With all these posters showing these Japanese buildings in the background it makes me wonder if the final fight will happen out in the streets of Japan I sure hope so

You're the one having a fit here. Settle down.

I'm not having a fit. I just don't understand why one minor criticism of marketing means a person can't be interested in the product anyway?

"Then don't watch it" seems rather excessive for one tiny observation/opinion.

Plus the word 'gorram' is a giveaway that I wasn't being super serious.

With all these posters showing these Japanese buildings in the background it makes me wonder if the final fight will happen out in the streets of Japan I sure hope so

I'd guess this is the case. I can't imagine the final showdown being something in a closed off area or unseen to many other characters.

I'm not having a fit. I just don't understand why one minor criticism of marketing means a person can't be interested in the product anyway?

Plus the word 'gorram' is a giveaway that I wasn't being super serious.

All that was said was, if you don't like the mini-teasers, don't watch them. No one told you to get out, or that you couldn't criticize anything. You're the one flying off the handle claiming that.

The trailer will be here in less than 8 hours. Breathe.

I'd guess this is the case. I can't imagine the final showdown being something in a closed off area or unseen to many other characters.
Better be at night! Not really digging all of the bright lighting we've seen so far, hopefully it's not indicative of the overall visual tone though...that'd be a darn shame!

Better be at night! Not really digging all of the bright lighting we've seen so far, hopefully it's not indicative of the overall visual tone though...that'd be a darn shame!

I'm usually wrong about these things so I think you're out of luck.

I haven't followed story teases about this movie too much, but I would think a big part of the film will be Wolverine's relationship with the community. If he becomes their "defender" or somehow has to redeem himself to them in the film, they need to see him doing it.

Probably, a fight scene in the streets of Japan would be visually stunning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"