The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Shingen being the villain is hardly a surprise considering the story they're adapting.

We know how the comic storyline played out but the marketing isn't getting Shingen across much at all compared to other characters, particularly for the general audience. Would the GA know without the comics how important he is to that story? Nope. They've got less than 2.5 months to give a better introduction to Shingen...and Mariko as well.

Yeah, Shingen being the villain is hardly a surprise considering the story they're adapting.

From the marketing it was looking like they were going to focus more on the silver samurai. I also hope that the Shingen/Wolverine fight is the climax of the film and not the mech Samurai. I'll take a fight loaded with emotion over spectacle any day.

Yeah especially since we're getting Sentinels in the next movie. I think the mechanized SS is def a Sentinel precursor of some kind. Having it in the middle would raise questions but there needs to be more of a real gritty human type fight for the end.

I am sure in the next trailer we will get more shingen or fox is goin the WB route and not showing much

They aren't showing Shingen in the trailers that much simply because compare to Silver Samurai, Viper and Yukio, he's not visually interesting.

Right now he's just coming across from the marketing as one of many henchmen who fight Wolverine, rather than this unique, big deal Yakuza clan leader that he is. lol I mean you can get a basic gist of how the other characters factor into the story without in-depth comic knowledge, but poor Shingen, not so much.

bksr8gacuaaqznq.jpg

Ha that image is like literally the reverse of what you usually see in the comics. Wolverine looks like he's totally dwarfing that guy with his size.

LOL. What an awkward picture.

That makes much more sense.

Hah, Hugh has such a round butt.
Someone had to point that out. :p

Is the sword adamantium?

probably not, but it is a mistake often made even in the comics, it's like hitting him in the face and not hurting your hand, you know because you just punched a steel jaw, covered thinly with skin. just watch and disbelieve, it is the only way lol

Last edited:
^^^ and guy comic fans are the sexist ones! pssh
I think it's time all comics fans come together to agree that we like us some sexy, impossibly fit people

Motorcycles in the film:

As summer films become more explosive and action-oriented, so too are the cars and bikes that are featured. But as much as vehicles add a level of excitement and engagement to filmgoers’ experience, viewers are increasingly sophisticated.

It’s no longer acceptable just to place the most current or desirable product. The cars have to be true to character.

“For me, the biggest focus with putting vehicles in the movie is to make them work for the movie and not seem like product placement,’’ said James Mangold, director of the upcoming Marvel film, The Wolverine, starring Jackman and, briefly, a Ducati Diavel and Audi R8 Spyder.

Most of the riding and driving is done by a female character named Yukio who nicks vehicles from her wealthy boss and uses them to perform “hard stops, hard pull-ins, and pulling in to tiny spaces at high speed,’’ said Mangold.

“But we’re the movie about a guy with claws, so the real action in our film is more hand-to-hand and physical.’’

Despite the limited screen time, the Ducati Diavel and The Wolverine are a “perfect fit,’’ said Stefano Sbettega, marketing and communications director for Ducati North America in Cupertino, Calif.

“It’s a fantastic combination of what the motorcycle represents and the Wolverine, who is somehow devilish and has a huge following all over the world.’’

The devil, or Diavel, has been on the market two years but is getting the film treatment for the first time through The Wolverine, in which it will be ridden by Hugh Jackman (a motorcyclist in real life) as well as the Yukio character, Sbettega said.
http://jacksonville.com/autos/2013-05-17/story/geared-action#ixzz2TZVCCCWj

Interesting, I didn't realize Wolvie rode a bike in this but you can clearly see him slashing one in the village sequence where he fights the Ninja's.

I hope this one blows people away. Kinda like how the first MoS trailer was cool, but the second one was kind mind blowing, y'know? :o

hope so! needs to sell well the movie..its about time! Hope to see a official site update with more pics and music samples...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"