The Wolverine The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I sort of agree, back in the X3 days, Fox knew how to make an amazing trailer, now I have liked the ones for The Wolverine, but they arent as good as the old ones.

Its ironic though, Fox used to be able to make amazing trailers for bad movies, last couple of years they have made average trailers for good-great movies, I prefer the latter in all honesty.

Back then they even managed to make AvP look exciting.

[YT]jC1ngKr6QA8[/YT]

Empire magazine:

'As a teenager, I was explosively angry' Hugh Jackman finds it easy to play Wolverine

ACTOR Hugh Jackman has revealed that he draws on personal experience in order to play comic book character Wolverine.
By: Kirsty McCormack
Published: Fri, May 31, 2013

hugh-403971.jpg

Hugh Jackman draws on his teenage years to get into character for Wolverine (Empire)

The 44-year-old star, who returns as the immortal X-Man in 'The Wolverine' next month, uses his moody teenage years to bring out the anger that is needed to portray the character perfectly.

"As a teenager, I was explosively angry; I think rugby saved me, because that’s just organised violence," Jackman told Empire magazine in a recent interview.

"I would have got in a lot more fights. But I was someone who would go into a little bit of a blind rage and it was not pretty.

"I think, just naturally, I started to calm down. Or I just made the choice just to be a little less volatile. But as I got older there were fewer moments of that explosive rage. But even to this day they’re still there and I just probably am better at... or it’s just longer in between."

40009.jpg

The 44-year-old has become less angry with age (Empire)
As I got older there were fewer moments of that explosive rage. But even to this day they’re still there and I just probably am better at or it’s just longer in between.
Hugh Jackman
The 'Les Miserables' star went on to say that he still has anger inside him, but due to being a parent he has learnt how to contain it.

"It’s still there and I have to work on it and I have to be very sensitive as a father — I don’t want them seeing that. Sometimes, of course, I lose it, but it’s not constructive. And it really unsettles kids, I think. I do work on it. But that’s something that I have in common with the character."

However, it's not just the past that helps Jackman get into character, but a very cold shower too.

One morning in the middle of a freezing Toronto winter Hugh found there was no hot water for his shower. "I went under the coldest water. I was so p***ed off I wanted to scream. And all of a sudden I was like, ‘That’s Wolverine’ — that’s how he feels all the time,'" Jackman explained.

40010.jpg

The full interview with Jackman appears in this month’s Empire magazine, on sale now

Now the actor begins each day on an X-Men movie with a cold shower as a “trigger” to help him get into that headspace.

While shooting the latest movie, Jackman endured months of 4am starts, relentless training and a diet of endless chicken.

"The one joy I’m allowed each week is after I do squats. I’m allowed a piece of toast with peanut butter," he laughed.

The full interview with Hugh Jackman appears in this month’s Empire magazine, which is on sale now.
http://www.express.co.uk/news/showb...-Hugh-Jackman-finds-it-easy-to-play-Wolverine

Alright poster, but I prefered the one with that backgroup and the katana.

That pic of Hugh with the shadow is *awesome* though.

The Italian poster looks nice!

Though I wonder if there's a cast poster.

I think the posters are OK but they lack of imagination. I like those black ink teaser posters, they are creative, but the "oficial" ones are meh! the figure is good, the poses are good, but i expected more japanese feeling, more traditional japanese background, more "Last samurai" or something.. just a guy in front of a contemporany city... the first teaser poster with him with the sword on the roof of a building was cool! they need to find the inspiration in the comic books.. There are very good pics that translate better the japanese noir feeling of the movie...

It seems the marketing department is very heavily emphasizing Hugh Jackman's physique in all the promotional material. Almost all the posters and stills have shown Jackman shirtless and rigorously flexing his abs.

What's the idea? Is he going to be shirtless the entire film?

It's from that EW magazine that was released last week, I can't believe nobody posted that pic

I think the posters are OK but they lack of imagination. I like those black ink teaser posters, they are creative, but the "oficial" ones are meh! the figure is good, the poses are good, but i expected more japanese feeling, more traditional japanese background, more "Last samurai" or something.. just a guy in front of a contemporany city... the first teaser poster with him with the sword on the roof of a building was cool! they need to find the inspiration in the comic books.. There are very good pics that translate better the japanese noir feeling of the movie...
IA. The black ink teaser posters are amazing. The rest are generic garbage.

Yeah, the arm veins are a bit off-putting. lol at the drunk Wolverine pic.

Those are some really nice shots.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back