The summer of disappointments...

primemover said:
Ah, I thought you were saying you'd wait until these movies hit DVD and THEN watch them.

Ohhhh, lol. Sorry about the mix up.

Studios not including WB are probably pretty happy with this summer,the BO has been big for a number of movies

For me the only film im really looking forward to getting on DVD is Mi-3,i loved that movie

SR was a lot better than i thought it would be and i'll probably pick the DVD up for that

POTC2 was good but overlong,probably get it for Chrismtas

I missed Miami Vice :(

X3 was crappy

The Da Vinci Code was dull and bland

I never see animated movies in the cinema

BTW POTC was the stand out movie of 2003 not X2

hunter rider said:
Studios not including WB are probably pretty happy with this summer,the BO has been big for a number of movies

For me the only film im really looking forward to getting on DVD is Mi-3,i loved that movie

SR was a lot better than i thought it would be and i'll probably pick the DVD up for that

X3 was crappy

:eek:

Monster House is a must see, especially in 3D!

hunter rider said:

You definately missed out, Over the Hedge, Monster House and Cars were really beautiful films, with Cars having some of the best environments and vista's I've seen put to film, even though they're fake.

I tend not to see animated films in theaters either. One reason is that there are gonna be assloads of kids there, screaming and laughing and tempting my deep-rooted murderous rage. Some genres I prefer to see in the comfort of my little home.

I wonder how interactive movies would do? The movie would pause on a decisive seen & the audience would vote on possible scenarios. Has this ever been done?

Manic said:
I'd like to remind everyone what we had to deal with last summer...

War of the Worlds
The Island
Stealth
Fantastic Four
Bewitched
Revenge of the Sith
Madagascar
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Batman Begins
Charles & the Chocolate Factory
40 Year Old Virgin

This year had the better CGI family film, better Marvel film, better Will Ferrell film, and even the better box office bombs (Poseidon kicks Stealth's & the Island's asses any day of the week). 2006 even had the bigger all-around blockbuster (Pirates). Plus, no crappy Star Wars prequels.

I'd say 2006 is coming out ahead of 2005, in terms of summer releases.

Fantastic Four was way better than X-Men the Last Stand. And Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was on par with the original trilogy. Hell it would have been as good as or even better than Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back if it didn't have those cheesy ass horrible Anakin/Padme scenes.

Although with Superman Returns, Cars, Clerks II, and Snakes on a Plane, I have to say that I enjoyed 2006 better than 2005

hippie_hunter said:
And Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith was on par with the original trilogy. Hell it would have been as good as or even better than Return of the Jedi and Empire Strikes Back if it didn't have those cheesy ass horrible Anakin/Padme scenes.

:dry:

Manic said:
I'd like to remind everyone what we had to deal with last summer...

War of the Worlds
The Island
Stealth
Fantastic Four
Bewitched
Revenge of the Sith
Madagascar
Mr. & Mrs. Smith
Batman Begins
Charles & the Chocolate Factory
40 Year Old Virgin

This year had the better CGI family film, better Marvel film, better Will Ferrell film, and even the better box office bombs (Poseidon kicks Stealth's & the Island's asses any day of the week). 2006 even had the bigger all-around blockbuster (Pirates). Plus, no crappy Star Wars prequels.

I'd say 2006 is coming out ahead of 2005, in terms of summer releases.

No way! Batman Begins is arguablly the greatest comic book adaptation of all time and ROTS is one of the greatest films ever in any genre. Last summer far surpassed this one.

hunter rider said:

X3 was crappy

I was telling someone how surprising it was the MI:3 was one of the few highlights of a pretty underwhelming summer.

49erVenom said:
...and ROTS is one of the greatest films ever in any genre.

killmenowplease.jpg

pirates was just crap to me.

superman-was the biggest piece of filth I've seen since batman begins

I did enjoy"my super ex-girlfriend".though..lol

primemover said:
You definately missed out, Over the Hedge, Monster House and Cars were really beautiful films, with Cars having some of the best environments and vista's I've seen put to film, even though they're fake.

Yes it is a shame but....

SolidSnakeMGS said:
I tend not to see animated films in theaters either. One reason is that there are gonna be assloads of kids there, screaming and laughing and tempting my deep-rooted murderous rage. Some genres I prefer to see in the comfort of my little home.

This is the reason i like to enkoy them in comfort on DVD plus the ppl i go with never want to see animated movies

kane9321 said:
pirates was just crap to me.

superman-was the biggest piece of filth I've seen since batman begins

I did enjoy"my super ex-girlfriend".though..lol
...Was this post meant to be sarcastic?
lol. Hey, opinions opinions.

Savage said:
...Was this post meant to be sarcastic?
lol. Hey, opinions opinions.

which part bro?...all true:)

The whole thing really. POTC sucking, SR and BB sucking, and to top it off My Super Ex-Girlfriend was GOOD...Just blew my mind was all.

Batman Begins > Any 2006 Summer Movie

I'd say the same about ROTS but I'm obviously biased.

I guess so far the thread has proven my point, that there wasn´t a movie this summer that was almost universally praised as Spidey 2, Batman Begins, Finding Nemo or HP3 were in previous summers. It´s not to say there weren´t good movies, or that there weren´t successful movies, but there wasn´t that movie that was the clear standout - even though I enjoyed very much SR and thought X3 was decent, didn´t see MI III or Cars yet.

If you take this messageboard as the concensus than I agree, regardless of how well Pirates did, I'd say at best it's 50/50 on here on whether people like it or not. Movies such as Spiderman or Batman ore more at least 2 people like it to 1 person who does not.

Erzengel said:
If you take this messageboard as the concensus than I agree, regardless of how well Pirates did, I'd say at best it's 50/50 on here on whether people like it or not. Movies such as Spiderman or Batman ore more at least 2 people like it to 1 person who does not.
Yeah, there´s an Edward Douglas article on it at www.comingsoon.net where he says he couldn´t find five people in a row who loved POTC2, X3, DVC or Cars, and these were the big hits of the summer... It kinda feels like 2001, where you had these big hits of the summer but most of them were forgotten or even hated by the time the season was over.

Savage said:
The whole thing really. POTC sucking, SR and BB sucking, and to top it off My Super Ex-Girlfriend was GOOD...Just blew my mind was all.

My Super Ex-Girlfriend was torture. The writing was...I thought it was blah.

BB sucking? You're of the few who didn't like it (thank the lord). However, there's a legion of peeps who didn't like SR. Me included (not as extreme as others thoguh):batty::batty:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"