The summer of disappointments...

ROTS pretty much made up for the other two but with the money spent on making it look good, Lucas should have paid someone to write some decent dialogue. Even when the characters werent quipping the dialogue was cringeworthy.

Why was BB torture for you? Its actually one of the best films out there...but I am interested to know why you didnt like it.

Go see Monster House :D,if you can in 3D :up: It's my top pick for the summer. :yay:

My other picks are The Last Stand and Pirates. I was quite please with these.

I still need to see Telladega Nights and Barnyard.

I have no interest in seeing Lady in the Water in the theater,I think that is a rental :O

1. MI3 sucked
2. X3 SUCKED!!!!
3.Superman Returns Sucked!
4. Pirates of the Carribean 2 SUCKED ASS!!!!!
5.Miami Vice...SUCKED!!!!!!!!!

Sentinel X said:
1. MI3 sucked
2. X3 SUCKED!!!!
3.Superman Returns Sucked!
4. Pirates of the Carribean 2 SUCKED ASS!!!!!
5.Miami Vice...SUCKED!!!!!!!!!
Quite inciteful. :o

ultimatefan said:
It wasn´t quite as praised as Toy Story or Finding Nemo or The Incredibles.

That doesn't make it a flop or a disappointment. The movie outperformed and got better reviews than most of the other big releases of the summer.

TheVileOne said:
That doesn't make it a flop or a disappointment. The movie outperformed and got better reviews than most of the other big releases of the summer.
And I never said it is a flop or a disappointment. I´m saying it´s not the kind of nearly universally praised summer movie that Finding Nemo or Spidey 2 were. That´s the point of the thread, that there was a lack of greater genuine enthusiasm for the summer tentpoles. Even POTC2 is huge now, but I don´t see it as a movie that will be loved through time.

I forgot to mention that I saw My Super Ex-Girlfriend :down :csad:
I wish I hadn't,I wasn't expecting much,but damn :csad:

ultimatefan said:
And I never said it is a flop or a disappointment. I´m saying it´s not the kind of nearly universally praised summer movie that Finding Nemo or Spidey 2 were. That´s the point of the thread, that there was a lack of greater genuine enthusiasm for the summer tentpoles. Even POTC2 is huge now, but I don´t see it as a movie that will be loved through time.

So what? Not every movie can be. From where I'm sitting, I see it as the second biggest hit of the summer. Seeing as to how the movie had tremendous staying power and BO legs, one can only assume that some people enjoyed it.

TheVileOne said:
So what? Not every movie can be. From where I'm sitting, I see it as the second biggest hit of the summer. Seeing as to how the movie had tremendous staying power and BO legs, one can only assume that some people enjoyed it.
Still, it was an overall disappointing summer. Maybe even moreso than the last.

EVERY summer is. When before every summer EVERYONE says that this will be the BEST MOVIE SUMMER EVER!

Of the Films I've seen this past Summer:

X3
Superman Returns
The Da Vinci Code
Clerks 2
Invincible

X3 was the only one that was the Huge Dissapointment. (It sucked Balls)
POTC 2 I did even bother seeing since the first one bored me to sleep. Most of the other Films I predicted (correctly) Would suck(and) or I had the patience to see them on DVD or on TV. (or both) So For the most part I'm Glad that I didn't bother seeing more movies than I felt comfortable seeing. But yeah, this was an even more disappointing year than last.

PowersOfMind said:
ROTS pretty much made up for the other two but with the money spent on making it look good, Lucas should have paid someone to write some decent dialogue. Even when the characters werent quipping the dialogue was cringeworthy.

Why was BB torture for you? Its actually one of the best films out there...but I am interested to know why you didnt like it.

Well.I was hoping it be geared a little towards the comics,just a bit
1)didnt like "how bruce wayne was in prison"..didnt sit right for me

2) Rah al goul(spelling) didnt like the way he was portrayed by liam neilsen

3)Katie holmes- she served no purpose in the movie what so ever,the lines between her and bruce...crap and cheesy

4)The bat mobile- Wtf was that thing,just about every batmobile was different in each batman movie,but each resembled a "car".This was some all terrain something..just wow

kane9321 said:
Well.I was hoping it be geared a little towards the comics,just a bit
1)didnt like "how bruce wayne was in prison"..didnt sit right for me

2) Rah al goul(spelling) didnt like the way he was portrayed by liam neilsen

3)Katie holmes- she served no purpose in the movie what so ever,the lines between her and bruce...crap and cheesy

4)The bat mobile- Wtf was that thing,just about every batmobile was different in each batman movie,but each resembled a "car".This was some all terrain something..just wow
Agree with 3 and 4 as to why I have Problems with BB.
Those two and the fact that Batman was portrayed as too Goody goody for my tastes. I preferred Bob Kane's original vision of Bats. (that at time he killed some the Criminals he encountered)

Well I agree with the Katie Holmes angle...she didnt even exist to get kidnapped and if you the girl of the picture and you dont even get kidnapped then what are you to the film. The rest of the reasons I dont know, but thats your opinion.

TheVileOne said:
EVERY summer is. When before every summer EVERYONE says that this will be the BEST MOVIE SUMMER EVER!

I agree, but to me the summer can only be as disappointing as you try and make it.

ultimatefan said:
Still, it was an overall disappointing summer. Maybe even moreso than the last.

Box-office was way up from last year, so obviously others do not share your view, I think you are just trying to be 'extreme' like others on this board because you know if you aren't you won't get noticed on this board.

primemover said:
Box-office was way up from last year, so obviously others do not share your view, I think you are just trying to be 'extreme' like others on this board because you know if you aren't you won't get noticed on this board.
There´s a good Scott Holleran article on BOM that demistifies that comparison. The general BO went up cuz there were many more movies, but the BO per movie is smaller.

ultimatefan said:
There´s a good Scott Holleran article on BOM that demistifies that comparison. The general BO went up cuz there were many more movies, but the BO per movie is smaller.

Yes, you're right, looking at BOM's list of movies for the last three years, this year has about 7% more movies than 2005 while it has a little more than 5% more box-office revenue, not a huge step down but a step down anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"