Homecoming The Symbiote Thread: Venom, Carnage, and all that jazz

Just like in the comics, I doubt we would see the way the suit changes Peter until after he comes back home.

It'd be a nice nod to how he turns to reed richards in the comics if he goes to bruce for help on finding out what the symbiote really is

It woudld be ool for them to reference it. Like they're flying through space looking for a planet to stop on.

Gamora: How about this one?
Starlord: No, me and Yondu made a stop there once. Tried to capture a specimen, barely made it out with our lives.
Rocket: Geez, what happened?
Starlord: Some incredibly hostile Symbiotic life forms live there, to sum it up not stopping there.

So i'd imagine spidey goes all out in IW P1, ending on a really serious note, peters sacrifice. He isnt quite dead but hes barely hangin on. IW P1 ends on this somber note, a galactically hospitalized Peter.

Credits roll then..
We see the Guardians confronting the Collector. They threaten him to give up something. They sound adamant and desperate. The collector gives in. He hands over the symbiote.

I can see that. I imagine the Guardians give him the symbiote to heal him so he can help fight Thanos in Part2?

I can see that. I imagine the Guardians give him the symbiote to heal him so he can help fight Thanos in Part2?

Yup, so he can join the fight again. Itd be reminiscent of the 'youre gonna be the best outta all of us' scene

Just like in the comics, I doubt we would see the way the suit changes Peter until after he comes back home.

Well you have to devote an entire movie to establish how the symbiote is changing him. I mean, in any decent film franchise you should be having multiple story arcs happening at once.

Brock could be in it from film one, and you see his hatred build across the films. I find it funny that Raimi forgot that he had Brock in the first Spider-Man film. There was a scene in the Bugle where someone says, "Eddie's been on it for weeks." I thought that was a nice nod there and something they could develop...obviously Raimi changed his mind and forgot to watch his own movies.

Anyway the suit can come in film two with Peter getting rid of it by film's end...film three...Venom.

Well you have to devote an entire movie to establish how the symbiote is changing him. I mean, in any decent film franchise you should be having multiple story arcs happening at once.

Brock could be in it from film one, and you see his hatred build across the films. I find it funny that Raimi forgot that he had Brock in the first Spider-Man film. There was a scene in the Bugle where someone says, "Eddie's been on it for weeks." I thought that was a nice nod there and something they could develop...obviously Raimi changed his mind and forgot to watch his own movies.

Anyway the suit can come in film two with Peter getting rid of it by film's end...film three...Venom.

Venom stalking and terrorizing Peter and his family..nerdgasm

Jensen Ackles would be an amazing Eddie btw

Marvel's main focus on the casting of Eddie Brock find someone who is very tall atleast over 6 and has large muscles. Cast Brock Lesnar.

Brock Lesnar thing was a joke. But Jim Carrey would be a perfect Cletus Kasady.

Brock Lesnar thing was a joke. But Jim Carrey would be a perfect Cletus Kasady.

Alan ritchson has the right look but idk that he can really pull it off. Jensen is a pretty good compromise, not huge like comics Brock but big enough. They could even go with Aleks Skaarsgard. And I dont know if you've seen the movie contraband but Giovanni Ribisi's performance in it convinced me he'd be a good Cletus

Well searching him up, he certainly looks the part. I'll watch Contraband tomorrow. I'd really like to see Carnage brought to the big screen by some slim chance. Even if his character is too violent

My pick for Cletus Kasady has to be Finn Wittrock from American Horror Story Season 4. The guy was incredible as the spoiled rich kid sociopath. He would kill the role, and be a cheap find.

tumblr_nem6mqTU4P1qhhxd4o5_250.gif
finn%2Bwittrock%2Bunderpants.gif

tumblr_ngf71sw1tk1tl3pa6o1_500.gif
d18b1693c85d9d717ea87fee1c33296f.gif
A3EFb65.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:
You know what I'd like?

Go Ultimate route in terms of transformation. Small, skinnier Brock but a massive, almost Hulk-esque Venom.

My pick for Cletus Kasady has to be Finn Wittrock from American Horror Story Season 4. The guy was incredible as the spoiled rich kid sociopath. He would kill the role, and be a cheap find.

tumblr_nem6mqTU4P1qhhxd4o5_250.gif
finn%2Bwittrock%2Bunderpants.gif

tumblr_ngf71sw1tk1tl3pa6o1_500.gif
d18b1693c85d9d717ea87fee1c33296f.gif
A3EFb65.gif

From freakshow?

You know what I'd like?

Go Ultimate route in terms of transformation. Small, skinnier Brock but a massive, almost Hulk-esque Venom.

I think that's kind of where Raimi tried to go with Venom, but failed to make it resonate. He wasn't Eddie Brock, he was a wimp that got Spidey powers.

I think that's kind of where Raimi tried to go with Venom, but failed to make it resonate. He wasn't Eddie Brock, he was a wimp that got Spidey powers.

Pretty much, though I don't blame Raimi considering he was unfamiliar with the character and had it thrown into his lap by Arad and such.

Eddie Brock being a wimp in SM3 had nothing to do with his physique though. He could have been written differently and been great, even though he wasn't a bodybuilder.

I like the original Brock as much as anyone, but I think my suspension of disbelief would be shattered if they tried to go that route in the movie. Imagine someone with the physique of the Rock or Dave Bautista playing a photographer. I think they should go for someone taller and slightly larger to make Venom bigger than Spider-Man, but I hope they don't go all out on the bodybuilding-part. I think it could come off as comical in a live action movie.

Venom might be so big that he ends up being CGI all-together. which I wouldn't be against since when Venom finally gets to be in a movie again, CGI technology will have had like major leaps by then. no rhyming intended

Yeah, big Venom would be nice...that came out wrong.

Eddie Brock being a wimp in SM3 had nothing to do with his physique though. He could have been written differently and been great, even though he wasn't a bodybuilder.

I like the original Brock as much as anyone, but I think my suspension of disbelief would be shattered if they tried to go that route in the movie. Imagine someone with the physique of the Rock or Dave Bautista playing a photographer. I think they should go for someone taller and slightly larger to make Venom bigger than Spider-Man, but I hope they don't go all out on the bodybuilding-part. I think it could come off as comical in a live action movie.

They could also end up going the Mac Gargan route

I'll walk out the theater if Venom is the Hulk version that he is in Ultimate Spider-Man and not the web shooter he was in old comics. He's not massive, but he isn't skinny.

I'd just love to see an Agent Venom film.
That would be pretty cool. I really hope they start of with Eddie Brock though and have him face off vs Carnage, after he goes after Spiderman of course. A live action adaption of "The Alien Costume" would be perfect ( at least IMO it would be). I would really like to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"