The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

Rebel Wilson slams Sacha Baron-Cohen, claims he’s trying to ‘silence’ her

The Australian star has revealed the name of the celebrity she claims is trying to stop her releasing her memoir.

2014:

2019:

New York appeals court overturns Harvey Weinstein’s 2020 rape conviction from landmark #MeToo trial

NEW YORK (AP) — New York’s highest court on Thursday overturned Harvey Weinstein’s 2020 rape conviction, finding the judge at the landmark #MeToo trial prejudiced the ex-movie mogul with improper rulings, including a decision to let women testify about allegations that weren’t part of the case.

The state Court of Appeals ruling reopens a painful chapter in America’s reckoning with sexual misconduct by powerful figures — an era that began in 2017 with a flood of allegations against Weinstein. The court ordered a new trial. His accusers could again be forced to relive their traumas on the witness stand.

Weinstein, 72, has been serving a 23-year sentence in a New York prison following his conviction on charges of criminal sex act for forcibly performing oral sex on a TV and film production assistant in 2006 and rape in the third degree for an attack on an aspiring actress in 2013.

Several sources also felt that Coppola could be “old school” in his behaviour around women. He allegedly pulled women to sit on his lap, for example. And during one bacchanalian nightclub scene being shot for the film, witnesses say, Coppola came on to the set and tried to kiss some of the topless and scantily clad female extras. He apparently claimed he was “trying to get them in the mood”.

Voigt’s mother Jackeline Voigt recounted an unwanted advance at a Christmas parade, where a man asked her daughter if she was “into old men with money, and made Noelia very, very uncomfortable.”

“She was so upset. This was not what she worked so hard for,” Jackeline Voigt added.

Noelia Voigt alluded to the incident in her resignation letter, which was obtained by The New York Times and GMA. “I was made to feel unsafe at events without an effective handler, and this culminated in being sexually harassed,” she wrote, adding that Miss USA CEO and president Laylah Rose’s response was, “We cannot prevent people from saying things to you at public appearances.”

Barbara Srivastava alleged that her daughter’s personal social media was also surveyed and controlled. “The job of their dreams turned out to be a nightmare,” she said.

Last edited:

Last edited:

I think I've been hearing whispers and allegations about him for decades now.

I think I've been hearing whispers and allegations about him for decades now.
I'm not going to look through all the pages in this thread to find it, but I am pretty sure there is a link in here to a story where he has been accused of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joelschmole
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"