The "Ultimate DC Universe" RPG, Season 3.0

His name was Arthur Light. He was one of the most hated men in the country. His very name brought tears to the eyes of mothers and gave little girls nightmares. He was a monster, a villain, a rapist and a pedophile. They called him Dr. Light. This is his tale.​

And so Arthur Light rode his bicycle to the little supermarket on a street near his boss' house. He put the bike up against the brick wall, and entered the shop. It smelt of cigarette smoke and urine, and the cashiers on the tills looked like zombies, their jaws hanging slackly and chewing gum. He walked through the aisles of the shop, until he found the cutlery section. Immediately his eyes went the meat cleaver, cheap and effective. He took hold of it and walked quickly over to the cashier, a pretty young girl, barely 18.

He flashed a smile at her, and she quickly cast her eyes down, a small wave of anger quickly passing over him. He payed for the great knife and walked out of the shop, where it had begun to rain. The bike that he had put up against the wall was gone. He kicked out at the wall, as the sky crackled with thunder and his hair became plastered to his skull. He began walking towards the house of Dr. Finley, a grimace on his face.

He walked quickly, and he got there within ten minutes. There was an expensive car outside, he didn't know which, and the house was very big, almost mansion sized. He rang the ornate doorbell, and there was a load banging, then cursing, then Dr. Finley answered the door.

"Light? What are you doing here?" he exclaimed, forgetting to be rude in his supprise. Arthur stepped forwards and pushed Finley back into the house, before closing the door behind him, a malicious grin playing across his face. Finley stumbled back, and fell to the ground.
"What's going on Light?" he gasped.
"It should be mine Finley. IT SHOULD BE MINE," he screamed, and brought the cleaver down over his head, burying it deep into the Doctors flesh, blood spurting up and splashing across his face and clothes. He brought the cleaver down again and again in a fenzy, and eventually the gurgling screams of Dr. Jacob Finley faded away. Arthur stepped back to look at what he had done. Blood was dripping down his arms and pooling on the expensive carpet beneath his feet.

He dragged the mutilated corpse of Finley by its shoulders, to a door. He opened it, and saw steps decending into the cellar. Arthur pulled him down roughly, cracking his head against the steps and leaving a trail of brain liquid. He quickly ran back up the stairs, to search for the suit he had seen the other day. He noticed a large line of blood leading around the front hall, but ignored it in his frenzy. He ran through the house, opening every door, each one expecting to find the suit in.

Eventually he came to a door marked "Jacob's Workshop KEEP OUT", and he pushed it open. Inside it was a sterile white, and across a worktop lay the suit. He approached it, but suddenly heard the door opening from downstairs. He rushed back out of the room, and heard screaming, that of a woman and a little girl. A woman in a short black dress had just opened the door to the cellar, a little girl with pigtails holding her hand. He leapt down the stairs, and backhanded the little girl hard across the face. She squealed and fell down the stairs to the cellar. The woman turned around and Arthur punched her in the jaw, making her stagger slightly. He hit her again in the back of the head and she fell down. He dragged her into the living room and closed the curtains. She started to stir, and Arthur ripped the dress off of her, then used it to tie her hands and feet. A wave of power rippled through him, and he began to breath heavily as tears formed in the young womans eyes.

An hour or so later, Arthur walked out of the room, leaving behind a husk of a woman, barely human. He walked up the stairs to the workshop again, and stepped inside. He breathed in deeply, and pulled the suit over his blood sodden clothes. His eyes closed, he put the mask on, covering his upper face, leaving his eyes visible through slits and his little goatee showing. A surge of electricity rippled through him and he flexed his hands and arms. He could feel the power inside him. The power to do what he liked. The power to fulfill his deepest, darkest desires. And then he remembered the little girl he had locked inside the cellar with her dead father a few hours ago. And a smile played across his face. He felt himself lift into the air just by responding to his thoughts, and decended the stairs.

***​
Over the next few months, small children and their mothers began disappearing from the neighbourhood around Jacob Finley's house. His neighbours had not seen him leave for work in since the disappearances began, but they did report a bright flash in the sky every night. Some even said they could hear screaming and wailing coming from the Finley house. So eventually, as people do, the police were called. A pair were dispatched to the Finley house, with a warrant.

They knocked on the door. There was no response. They knocked again. Still no response, and the elder of the pair thought he could hear shouting from within. The younger took a run up, then barged through the door. The hall was covered in blood, and a stench filled his nostrils. He turned, and saw the door to the cellar opened. Beconing for his partner to follow, he pulled a torch out and shone it into the darkness. He could see dozens of little girls hanging around the walls, some rotting corpses and some horribley aware of what was going on. The elder shone his torch around, and could see a man in a white suit pressed up against one of the girls. He turned his head, disturbed and saw the two lawmen. The younger one bent over and vomited.

"Jesus Christ, what the hell are you?" the eldest one croaked.
[BLACKOUT]
"I am ArthurLight," [/BLACKOUT]
he croaked, blood and feces spattered over the once white suit. The two policemen pulled the guns out of their holsters. There was a flash of white light, and the policemen started firing wildly. A bullet clipped Light in the knee, and fell to the ground screeching.​

*****​

Two months later - Court

"Dr. Light, you are charged with 15 cases of rape, 7 cases of murder and the blinding of two officers of the law," the judge said severely. Arthur Light hung his head.

"As a result of these heinous crimes, I shall give you a choice. You will either be put to death by the State, or you will join a Government reformation program," the Judge said. Dr. Light raised an eyebrow, a smile spreading across his face.​

IC: Flash

Impulse was getting to be quite the handful, but God help him, Barry was starting to enjoy the kid's presence, and beginning to rely on his help. Bart had gone public shortly after choosing the name Impulse. As wild and reckless as Barry could be, Bart was ten times worse. In the month that he'd been a part of the superhero world, Bart had had countless trysts, and had abused his celebrity on numerous occasions. It was enough to drive any guardian insane. Still, his spunky energy was a pleasant change.

Barry opened the door and there was Bart sitting on the couch, an open beer in his hand.

"What the hell are you doing?"

"Having a beer after a long day. You do it."

"I'm also old enough to drink, Bart."

Barry grabbed the beer from his hand before Bart could blink, and dumped it down the drain, along with the remaining five beers from the six pack.

"This has to stop now Bart. Just because you're a superhero doesn't mean that you can ignore every rule."

The police scanner on the wall squacked. "211S from the Keystone National Bank, on 56th and Showcase."

"We'll talk about this later. Now suit up."
ultrequestgp6.gif

The Scarlet Speedster and his sidekick ran towards the source of the alarm. The pair of heroes blurred against the cityscape.

"What do you think it is this time?"

"Dunno, some cook with a ray gun no doubt."

"I'm hedging bets on a giant gorilla."

"What makes you think that?"

Bart just points as Barry looks up, and is run over by said Gorilla. "Ooph."

As Barry dusts himself off and stands up, he lowers his head. "I... HATE. When that kid is right."

Barry charges at the gorilla, circling him. "Hey smelly, put the money bags back."

The gorilla throws out an arm, catching the Flash in the chest. Barry goes flying, into a nearby jewelry store's window.

"Hey, Kong, make you a deal. Give us the money and we'll get you a ton of bananas. Literal ton."

The ape grabbed Bart and slammed him head first into the pavement.

"SIMPLETON. I do not desire bananas. If anything, I would dine on your flesh."

Barry looked up and saw Bart get piledrived by the gorilla, and then was floored when the beast spoke.

It talks? What the...

Barry vibrated through the street, down into the sewer. As the gorilla continued down the street, Barry vibrated back through the street and uppercut the beast.

"Filthy human! No man touches Grodd and doesn't pay for it!"

As Barry delivered a barrage of punches on the furry creature, he smiled under his mask.

"Really, because I have no intention of letting up."

"Oh, I won't stop YOU. Your little twin will stop you."

"You seriously think I'm going to believe Bart is going to help you?"

The beast remained silent as Bart shook his head. Under his goggles his eyes glazed over.

~Attack your friend. Take him far away from me.~

As Grodd's mental command set in, Bart looked at Barry. An emotionless look took hold of his face. At near light speed, Bart grabbed Barry, and moments later the two of them were thousands of miles away. As the gorilla made his escape, he let his mental control over the teen speedster fade.

"Barry? Where are we?"

"You tell me Bart, what the hell were you thinking grabbing me like that?"

"What now?"

bannerxl5.jpg

That was more frustrating than it needed to be, thought Clark Kent as he stepped out of the elevator and wiped the rain drops from his glasses. Aside from the growing level conflict between himself and John Corben, it also appeared that the city's supervillain community were stepping up their game. Bloodsport now using a teleportation system to move state of the art weaponry into his grip on a whim was only the newest criminal who had chosen to improve themself. Hi-Tech and Loophole had already been enhanced, both of them giving Superman a surprisingly hard time when they fought, and Clark knew that it was very unlikely that Bloodsport would be the last one.

clarkjo7.jpg

Putting his glasses back on his head, Clark rubbed the bridge of his nose to try to relieve his growing headache. Earlier, as soon as he had finished typing up his daily assignments, as well as the Bloodsport incident, Kent had asked Perry White for the rest of the day off. He wasn't sick (he never got sick), but he was tired. Clark was now hoping to take the night off and maybe read a few books, and perhaps watch a football game. After fumbling with the keys to his apartment for a moment, he walked in and closed the door behind him. In the privacy of his home, Clark now threw his jacket onto the coat rack and floated up the stairs to the second storey of his apartment and clicked on the television before dropping gently into his favorite chair and grabbing his worn copy of George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four.

"I hope Lois is having a better day than I am," he sighed.

Freddy Freeman/Captain Marvel Jr
Sig1.jpg

I made sure to take my time making it home. I was in no hurry to get here. Now with these abilities I’m no longer limited to staying at this tiresome place.

I land in the back of my apartment complex. I make a quick glance around the area just to make sure that nobody was out and about. Last thing I want is for someone to see me in my real identity.

Noticing that the cost was clear I then shout out.

“CAPTAIN MARVEL!”

A lightning bolt fell from the sky and made contact with the center of my chest. Once the smoke had clear I stood back to my weak and boring normal self, Freddy Freeman. I glance down at myself.

“Kind of wish I could stay like that forever.”

I say out loud as I head in from the back entrance.

As I get to the door I make sure to insert my key in slowly trying to make as less sound as possible. Once the key was in I turn it slowly. Unlocking the door is the easy part now comes the hard part. This door has a bad habit of wanting to get stuck and you can only open it with a little force. A little force is something I really don’t want to use because last thing I want to do is wake my aunt. I am really not in the mood to hear her mouth.

I push against the door softly and just my luck when I try to sneak into my own place that door is jammed.

“Just great.”

I rest my shoulder on the door and try as hard as I could to try and push it open without having to slam my weight into the door. After a few bumps the door cracked open. It was loud enough to wake my aunt if she wasn’t in a deep sleep. I wait a few seconds before I continue to open the door all the way and walk in. I listen to see if she might have heard me. There is no out of the ordinary sounds to be heard so she must still be sleep, perfect. I then walk in and close the door softly behind me. I then walk as gently as possible to make it to my room without making a sound.

I get in my room and shut the door and rest my back beside it and sigh.

“I have to make sure next time not to stay out so late.”

I take off my shirt and throw it on the floor and walk up next to my bed and just jump down on it.

The next morning I wake up to the sound of my aunt beating on my door.

“Freddy wake up I cooked breakfast, hurry up before it gets cold.”

She says right before I hear her walking away from the door. For her to cook breakfast in the morning only means she must be in a good mode so she must not know I was out all night.

I sit up on my bed looking ahead at the mirror across the room staring at myself.

“Well Freddy let’s see what adventure the world will hold for us today.”

I then stand up from the bed and head for the bathroom. While in the bathroom I wash my face and then afterwards I brush my teeth. After I finish washing up I then head down stairs to the kitchen.

She hears me enter the kitchen and she quickly turns around.

“There are pancakes, eggs, bacon, and some grits. Fix your self a plate and enjoy.”

She states with a smile on her face.

“Why are you so happy?” I ask with a curious look on my face.

“I just figured that with our last fight that I’ll try something a little different. I don’t want every day we see each other end up with me and you going at each others throats. After your grandfather had pasted I promise that I’d take care of you and lately I haven’t been doing such a good job.”

I can tell that she is really tired of fighting. I guess change won’t be so bad.

“It’s not you it’s been me. That day we got into a fight I’m happy we did… what are the words I’m looking for? You can say it made me a better person.”

More then you will ever know.

“Well I am glad we could agree on this. I think this time around it will be a lot better for the two of us.”

She then walks in the din and turns on the TV. I then make me a plate and sit down at the table and eat.

Once I was done eating I stood in the kitchen cleaning the dashes as my aunt sat in the din room.

“I have to say you cooking breakfast this morning is a surprise to me. I can't recall the last time you cook something without burning it.” I say just joking around with her. But it seem like I didn’t get a response from my little comment.

“Okay it’s wasn’t that funny but you can at least say something.” I wait a moment to see if she was going to reply to that but just like the last one she didn’t say anything. So I put the plate I had in my hand back in the sink and walk over to the din.

Reason why she didn’t answer was because her attention was focus on the television with the words breaking news scrolling down on the bottom of the screen.

….“Fawett City Bank seems to have been rob and the criminals are still in the bank. But due to the criminals smart tactics of blowing up the bottom floor police can’t get away inside.”

This is just great this was the last thing I thought I was going to see on my Saturday morning.

“Wait we’re getting a report in. What seem to be a stand off between the police and criminals has just changed. What at one point seemed like that the criminals were trapped inside has just changed. A helicopter has landed on top of the banks roof.”

The cameraman changes his view from looking at the destroyed bank doors to putting it up to the top of the building. There seems to be a little figure up there. I walk up closer to the TV to make it out but couldn't.

“Oh my goodness it seems like these men are placing a lady on the edge of the building leaving her hanging off the side. Obviously this is a distraction for them to make there get away.” The news lady reported.

I quickly run out of the din and then out of the house. I run to an alley and notice I’m all alone. Wasting no time I scream.

“CAPTAIN MARVEL!”
379px-Captain_Marvel_%28Fred_Freeman%29_003.jpg

As fast as the lightning bolt had stroke me I had took off into the skies even faster as now Captain Marvel Jr.

In super speed I get to the bank as fast as possible and seem like the nick of time. As I was approaching the building the lady had then lost her grip and fell to what she thought to be her death. As she got about mid way of this twenty story building I grab her in my arms.

“Easy Miss I got you.” I say letting her know that now there was nothing for her to worry about.

“Oh my God, how, who, what?”

I could tell by her counter reply she was shock at the fact she didn’t end up road kill.

I land on the ground and place her down and look over to the police officers.

“What way did they go?” I asked.

Sometime when I must have left my house and turned into Captain Marvel they must have fled.

“They went that way.” He says as he points his left arm east.

“Thanks, I’ll be back with them in a minute.” I tell them right before I take off.

Once I caught up with the bank robbers I grab the helicopter with my left arm to stop them in their tracks and with my right I grab one of the blades of the rotors and rip off the whole rotor system. I place the helicopter down on the grown and make my way to the door and rip it off with ease. I look in at the fellows and see them all holding weapons in there hands.

“Now we can do this the easy way or the hard.” I then crack my knuckles.

“I hope you pick hard.”

I could see in there eyes going to jail wasn’t a option so they all aim there guns and fired. I just stood there as the bullets reflect off of me.

“Must be my lucky day.”
I say right before I grab two of the fours bad guys, grasping one in each hand. I throw the two I have out of the helicopter and watch as they land on a near but car. One had gone through the front of the car windshield in the other land on the hood of the car.

I reach in again and grab the remaining two up from the front and lift them up into the air and knock their heads together leaving them unconscious.

“This was just too easy.”

I make it back to the scene of the crime with the four guys under my arms, holding two in each one. I land in front of the police and news crew and drop the thugs in front of them.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the news crew approaching clearing wanting to ask me questions. I then turn and face them all.

A lady who was the first to approach me out the bunch wasted no time in asking her question before others could get a chance.

“First let me start by saying what you did was amazing and second who are you? You clearly resemble another hero but you are much younger.”

“My name is Capta..”

Wait I can’t tell them my name or I’ll convert back to my normal self, I have to come up with something else.

“Sorry about that I got a little choked up. For your question I’m Earth's New Mightiest Mortal. You can just call me Marvel.”

Right as she was about to ask me another question she was push a side as a male reporter wanted a chance to get his question in.

“Why did you decide to show your face now?”

A grin appears on my face before I answer. “Clearly this world is full with wantabe heroes. I’m come because this world needs a real hero a superhero if you will.”

“And that is what you are?” He asks.

“Definitely. You saw what I just did and that was nothing. I’m going to clean up this town in no time, after I’m done here the world. Just watch and see.”

I say taking off right before they could get another question out.

ucbanner.jpg

I have decided the best course of action to allow integration into the Columbus, Ohio area was to work with the locals. The city could be a valuable asset in the future. Instead of just pushing ourselves onto the populace, Cadmus will be allying itself with the local police and other emergency services and airports. The police force has been issued forty of the Sentry Class 100 androids in Cadmus uniforms to act as reconnaissance and first responders for occurring crimes and emergency conditions. This will allow many of the already overworked police officers to work on ongoing investigations to help bring them to a close. Another ten androids of the Class 200 type have been assembled into a S.W.A.T./heavy response role. They will deal with explosives, high risk shootouts, and other such deadly situations. Each class has been given the same abilities as myself and in the case of the Class 200 series, a few extras.

All of the Cadmus operatives from technicians to the androids themselves are considered federal agents thus giving the project a broad area of jurisdiction. Though we are starting in the Columbus area, this will allow the project to grow unhindered after the insertion and testing have been completed on the current assignment.

Mayor Coleman has graciously embraced the offer and idea of having 50 more officers to canvas the Columbus metropolitan area. With the assistance we have offered the city it was made clear that all Cadmus personnel would work with the local authorities and be provided access to all documents and computer systems needed for the project. In return no money would be taken from the city to pay for the services provided by the governmentally funded Cadmus Corporation. Police Chief Jackson fought the idea initially. I admire him for that. In our meeting I came to understand where he was coming from. This was his city, his family, his friends. I was just another outsider with a cape and some very big ideas. Admirable no matter how you look at it. A real leader always looks after his own people.

It is now 1800 hours. The sun is setting. I watch from above in the warmth of the lowering sun as the operation begins. "Commence operational stasus all Sentry units," I command, "From this moment on youare all officers of the law."

Over the assigned frequency comes our first call. “Be advised: Robbery in progress at 1506 Morse Road. Shot fired. Repeat: shots fired.” Without hesitation a class 100 series responds, “Unit Alpha One responding. To call at 1506 Morse Road.”

I settle myself out of sight to watch the android progress at the call location. Alpha One arrives and clarifies the situation in a radio report without making a sound the perpetrator can hear. “Alpha One reporting. Suspect has shot the man behind the counter at the Red Roof Inn. Suspect currently emptying cash drawer. Moving to intercept. Send medical support for the victim.” With that Alpha One took to flight.

In a move so simple I had never though of it myself, Alpha One flies through the window from one side of the room. The gunman begins shooting wildly at the android, who keeps coming faster and faster. Alpha one scoops him into one arm and flies through the window on the other side of the room. Alpha one starts climbing at an accelerated rate. “Alpha One report,” I command, “What are you doing?” “Accelerated climb of five g’s,” it responds. He’s just going to knock him out without ever really touching him at all. Capture by blackout. It is pretty ingenious, I’ll have to remember that one.

Alpha One begins transmission to the local authorities. “This is Unit Alpha One. Suspect has been apprehended and is currently unconscious. Medical attention for the victim has just arrived. The suspect will be brought to lock up immediately.” With a flash Alpha one was gone. I let a smile light my face as I climbed into the sunset once more. This was going to be more fun than I thought.

“This is Henshaw reporting to Cadmus base. We have established the operation and have had our first success. Keep record of all accounts throughout the night for review. Henshaw out.” I sit in the sky for hours watching my own dreams come true. Then I hear his name.

I know it isn’t him. I look down at a roof top. A kid is taking my picture. I can’t help myself, I lower down to him. “Superman!” he yells. Once I am at eye level with him I respond, “Not really kid. I’m what you would call his ‘helper’. I wear the same symbol, but I’m a different guy all together.” He looked a little confused, “but you flew?” “I can do all the other stuff too,” I smiled as he flashed the digital camera again, “Some of my friends and I are here to protect this city like Superman does in Metropolis.” “Cool!” “So who are you?’ “I’m Andrew. I live just down the street, but I wanted your picture when I saw you.” “That’s fine. I'm Cyborg. You want a lift home?” “Yeah!” He can barely contain his excitement. “Climb on.” He gets up on my back, which was not what I had in mind but he really seems to like it. I fly down to the two story level and proceed for 6 blocks. To drop him off at his front door. “Can you wait here for a second?” “Sure,” I tell him. A few minutes later he come out with his father who introduces himself. “Thank you for bringing him home. I’ve never seen him this excited before.” “Don’t mention it. I have to get to work now.” “Could you do me favor sir?” “Sure.” “Andrew would like to take a picture with you. He says the other kids will never believe him.” I stand over Andrew with my hands on his shoulders while his dad takes the picture. Afterwards I take to the skies again. I hear something that actually makes me feel that all the surgery was worth it. “Dad, I have a friend that’s a superhero.” I can’t help but grin.

sskyline.jpg

OOC: Previously...

IC:
desperobannerpic.jpg

Despero watches on as the Martian is struck down with the horrible pain of some of his worst memories, unleashed by Despero's might. Such horrible fates have befallen the Martian race, and Despero smiles in glee as he sees those occurrences channel through the Martian before him. It must be like killing one's own loved ones.

"You are the first of the defeated, Martian. I have other heroes to attend to. I await the moment where we shall confront one another again, but for now I must bid you farewell."

Despero's third eye glows intensely and Despero starts to levitate in the air. He folds his arms across his chest, and his smile could not possibly widen anymore.

"Farewell, J'onn J'onnz. May you find peace in your new home. Your home away from your home away from home. Hahahaha!"

In the blink of a second, J'onn J'onnz also known the Martian Manhunter, vanishes from the scene. Despero chuckles once more, and flies off into the night sky. It is time to locate his next target. As getting the Martian out of the picture was most important, so is the next one. He cannot allow the heroes to discover what is coming upon them, and must act quickly.

Previously...
hawk.gif

Soaring high above the city, his hand wrapped tightly around his mace, Hawkman surveyed the symphony of lights on the streets below. Cars rolled along the road, people pounding the pavement, hoping that if they just keep their heads down and mind their own business, maybe they'd make it home safe.
If any of them had looked up in the sky, they'd spotted Katar. Quite easily so, as he used his back to softly flap the wings attached to his back. Trying to keep his mind focused on finding the man responsible for the attack on Gotham City Hospital, he couldn't help but feel like he was doing something he shouldn't be. He now knew Shayera was, not only alive, but in the same city as him.

30 minutes earlier

Tommy Prescott dropped his gun without even thinking. These sons of *****es were bulletproof, he thought. He'd seen the man from Metropolis take bullets to the chest like they were candy wrappers.
Without a moment's notice, Tommy ran down the hall and wasting no time, Katar spread his wings and rushed after him. His back ached and screamed in protest as the wings weighed down on his body, but Katar kept himself from falling.
Gaining speed, he was so close to the gunman he could see the sweat on his horror-stricken face. Prescott, in a panic, grabbed whatever he ran by that could be lifted and threw it at Hawkman. Dodging some, but taking most of the flung objects to the chest with no effort, Katar did not relent.

He was so close he could smell him now. Hawkman reached out his hand, planning on grabbing a fistful of hair and slamming the murderer into the nearest wall.

"Hawkm..."

Stopping dead where he was, Katar's body shifted as his eyes found a man lying in a bloody heap on the floor of a patient's room. Looking back to the criminal, who by now was nearing the hospital exit, he gritted his teeth.

"Dr. Thorne!"

Katar burst through the half-open door, immediately landing on the floor and running over to Thorne's body. Kneeling beside the bleeding doctor, he propped his head up.

"You'v-"

"-been shot, yes I know. I'm a doctor." Thorne chuckles softly, but the laughter turns to a series of violent coughs.

"Hawkman, I...I'm going to be okay. Listen to me, I found her."

The doctor coughs again, but Katar hardly notices. His world seems to freeze at the man's words. 'I found her'.
So many things enter Katar's mind at once, he doesn't know where to begin.

"Wh-"

"Her..her name.." the doctor says, speaking obviously becoming much more difficult for him.

"Yes? Dr. Thorne, please tell me. What's her name?" Katar says, his voice filled with hope and panic at the same time.

"Sh...Sha..."

Thorne's breathing raspy, his chest heaving in pain, his eyelids slowly lowering.

"Dr. Thorne?! DR. THORNE!!" Katar shouts, grabbing the sleeve of Thorne's coat. "TELL ME!"

"...sh..Sharon..." the name barely escapes the doctor's lips, as he drifts away.

Now...

Rage boils within him as he soars the sky with animalistic ferocity. His eyes scan over every single person walking the streets below him. None of them have the face of the man who prevented Katar from finding Shayera, with a single bullet. The man who took the life of the man who saved Katar's.
The man who would pay dearly.

Katar searched for over an hour. It was as if the man had vanished into thin air. But things had a habit of coming to you when you weren't looking, Katar thought, as he changed directions and began the fly home, only to see the man walking down a low-lit street. There could be no mistaking the the face, though hooded, as the murdered routinely looked in all directions to assure himself there was nobody following him.
Had he looked up, he would've seen who was.

Hawkman gritted his teeth as he imagined how easy it would be to swoop down and break every bone in his body in one single blow. But no....he wanted this to be face-to-face.
Floating in mid-air, his wings gently flapping, he raised his right hand to the side and released his mace. As it plummeted to the ground, Katar followed.

With a terrifying boom that left a massive crack in the pavement, the weapon crashed down mere inches from Tommy Prescott, who yelped out in fright and fell to the ground.

"YOU!"

hawkman2.jpg

"OH! OH JESUS NO! OH NO!"

The man shouted out in horror as he tried to crawl away. His steps so heavy he almost made craters in the street with each step, Katar stalked over to the cowering man and grabbed him by the neck.

"OH PLEASE NO! OH PLEASE NO PLEASE DON'T KILL ME!!" the man shouted.

"Why!!!?" Katar growled.

Hawkman could hear the man's terror-stricken heartbeat. "Wh...Why.."

Katar tightened his grip on the man's neck and slammed him into a wall. "Why shouldn't I kill you?" Katar roared, as the man's eyes rolled up in his head.

hawk.gif

Loosening his grip on the man's neck and grabbing his arm instead, Katar blasted off into the sky with the murderer in tow, to stunned onlookers.
All he heard was the combination of wind rushing past him and the whimpering of Tommy Prescott as the two gained altitude.

"P...please...Oh, God...Please.."

When the people below had become mere specks in the ocean of lights to Prescott, Katar stopped. His wings slowly flapping back and forth, he tightened his grip on Prescott's wrist and pulled him up so that the two were face to face.

"What did they say?" Katar growled.

"W...What?" Prescott whimpered.

"You killed people tonight. You shot them. What did they say before you did?"

Katar grew more and more angry with every second that passed. Finally, after some time of silence, the murderer replied. "I..I don't kn--"

"WHAT DID THEY SAY!!!!!" Katar shouted with all the fury in his being, loud enough so even the people on the street heard, while he could not contain himself and completely crushed Prescott's wrist, who wailed in agony, tears running down his face.

"T..T...They..*Cough*..Oh god..They b..begged...They begged me not to kill them."

Katar could not help but grimace in disgust. "But you did. Tell me why I should not kill you. Now"

Katar knew that most of his anger towards the man who's life he held in his hands did not stem from his victims, although a substantial amount of it did. But more, because he had been so close to having Shayera back...Shayera in his arms...and this man took it away. This thief, killer, scum who took away the man who knew where Shayera was, all with a gunshot.

"I..I.." Prescott cried in panic, not knowing what to say.

But it was all for nothing. Fury had overcome Hawkman. Anger. Rage.

"Every breath you take instead of your victims is injustice." Hawkman stated.

Before letting go.

ultrequestgp6.gif

The Scarlet Speedster and his sidekick ran towards the source of the alarm. The pair of heroes blurred against the cityscape.

"What do you think it is this time?"

"Dunno, some cook with a ray gun no doubt."

"I'm hedging bets on a giant gorilla."

"What makes you think that?"

Bart just points as Barry looks up, and is run over by said Gorilla. "Ooph."

As Barry dusts himself off and stands up, he lowers his head. "I... HATE. When that kid is right."

Barry charges at the gorilla, circling him. "Hey smelly, put the money bags back."

The gorilla throws out an arm, catching the Flash in the chest. Barry goes flying, into a nearby jewelry store's window.

"Hey, Kong, make you a deal. Give us the money and we'll get you a ton of bananas. Literal ton."

The ape grabbed Bart and slammed him head first into the pavement.

"SIMPLETON. I do not desire bananas. If anything, I would dine on your flesh."

Barry looked up and saw Bart get piledrived by the gorilla, and then was floored when the beast spoke.

It talks? What the...

Barry vibrated through the street, down into the sewer. As the gorilla continued down the street, Barry vibrated back through the street and uppercut the beast.

"Filthy human! No man touches Grodd and doesn't pay for it!"

As Barry delivered a barrage of punches on the furry creature, he smiled under his mask.

"Really, because I have no intention of letting up."

"Oh, I won't stop YOU. Your little twin will stop you."

"You seriously think I'm going to believe Bart is going to help you?"

The beast remained silent as Bart shook his head. Under his goggles his eyes glazed over.

~Attack your friend. Take him far away from me.~

As Grodd's mental command set in, Bart looked at Barry. An emotionless look took hold of his face. At near light speed, Bart grabbed Barry, and moments later the two of them were thousands of miles away. As the gorilla made his escape, he let his mental control over the teen speedster fade.

"Barry? Where are we?"

"You tell me Bart, what the hell were you thinking grabbing me like that?"

"What now?"

"Now you go home. You're a liability."

"WHAT?"

"NOW Bart."

As Bart sulked off back towards the apartment, Barry started searching for the simian thief. "Here, Apey! Here Apey! Mario wants his princess back!"

"You won't make a monkey out of me again!"

gordonop9.png

"Damn it all."

That's all I can say as I helplessly watch Gotham getting sucked into the ninth level of hell. I blame Loeb, her little ego trip is the reason why I'm stuck behind a desk at Gotham Central insted of out there where I should be. With my men and women.

"Quick! Somebody call the cops! There's a maaadman on the loose! HAHAHA!"

And just like that, things go from bad to much, much worse.

"Gordon to anyone out there!"

I yell into my walkie talkie, praying I'll get a response. Tear gas starts to pour into my office from underneath the door. I start to hack and cough, my eyes watering from the smoke.

"Alright *cough! coug!h* That's it!"

I pull my .38 out of my shoulder holster while I take my trenchcoat and wrap around my face in order to form a makeshift gas mask. It does the job as I step out of my office and into the smokey squadroom ahead.

"Okay, clown *Cough* Let's play."

hmav2.jpg

REX TYLER: HOURMAN
Season 3.0 - Part 4

Rex slipped out the window of his apartment and sat on the ledge for a moment.

"Oh crap..."

Rex thought to himself as he hung over the busy street.

"I guess I'm afraid of heights..."

Trying not to look down, Rex pulled himself up to the roof using a drainage pipe. When he reached the top, he laid on his back for a few moments and breathed heavily.

"Wow. That was... yeah. That will take some getting used to."

Rex got up, brushing some debris off his cape, and cautiously stepped to the edge of the building. He told himself not to look down into the alley, looked down anyway, then swallowed hard and closed his eyes.

He let Miraclo take over. Pushing off the roof with newfound strength in his legs, Rex soared over the alley, clearing it with room to spare. He landed awkwardly on the other side and stumbled for a few steps before accidentally stepping on his cape, which jerked him downward suddenly.

The back of his head smacked against the roof and a fabulous fireworks display lit up the underside of his eyelids. He cursed as he got back to his feet.

"Crap. This is sad. I pray that no one is watching..."

Rex moved from roof to roof, his jumps becoming more accurate and his landings more steady, until something screwed it all up. Just as he leapt from one rooftop, a piercing scream tore the air. Having lost his concentration, Rex's jump went badly.

He fell into the alley instead of flying over it, hitting his back on the far wall as he twisted in midair before plummeting down to the ground. He laid there in the dirt for a few seconds, wondering how he was going to clean mud out of this ridiculous suit.

Then it came again. That same cry. A scream. A woman's voice filled with desperation and terror. He listened closely. It seemed to be coming from somewhere in the alley, but he didn't see anything.

Again. Farther away. But Rex had pinpointed it now. It came from a dumpster at the end of the alley. Rex knew how stupid that possibility seemed and thought about leaving the alley, going after Bannermain... but he couldn't shake the sounds of that scream. Such fear. Such fear...

Against his better judgement, he walked up to the dumpster and flung the lid open. The dumpster was empty. But Rex noticed something strange. The back of the dumpster, which was pressed against one of the houses that served as one of the alley's walls, had a large hole in it. Beyond the hole was what looked like a clear rubber curtain.

"What the hell?"

Rex looked all around, making sure he was still alone, then jumped into the dumpster. He examined the strange set-up more closely and saw that where the hole had been punched in the dumpster, another hole had been punched in the wall. This wall that had been removed had been replaced with the rubber curtain. Crouching, Rex would have been able to crawl through, into the building.

As he wondered what to do, Rex noticed something on the curtain. Some substance has been smeared all over it... wet in some places and caked on in others. He apprehensively touched some of the stuff and held his gloved hand up to the evening's remaining light.

Blood.

OOC: Previously...

Maxie Zeus
'Power Belongs To Only Those With The Fortitude To Take It'

The trip back to Maxie's office is silent and uncomfortable for Maxie's assistant. Rarely had he seen his boss in such a mood as he was now. Maxie always had an odd, cheery, glow. Were he but a big more fat, and had white hear, one could mistake him for Jolly Saint Nick. And it is because of this oddity in his mood that Charles makes sure to get out of line and say the wrong thing; even though with Maxie anything is unpredictable.

They got into the elevator, and Charles pushed the button for one of the highest floors in the building. It wasn't Charles who broke the silence, because he was acting so timid. It was Maxie himself, as if his mood swing had entirely swifted away. A smile comes upon his face as the elevator almost reaches the destination floor which puts Charles off ease even more, unaware what may be on his mind now.

"You know what I was thinking, Charles?"

"Uh, no sir. What were you thinking?"

"There are too many damn buffoons like Moench who have nothing but turning on their fellow business partners to get by. I do not wish to deal with such men. So do you know what I was thinking?"

"You're going to...start your own bank?"

"Ha! No, but I like your thinking, Charles! That's what I love about you! You're a man of ideas; and so am I. That is what makes this all like clockwork! I wish to show you something. Something I have had at the tip of my tongue, hiding in the back of my mind, until I could understand it more..."

The elevator dings as they reach the floor, and Maxie struts out the doors with confidence, pride, and a large smile upon his face. He says hello to his secretary and walks into his office with Charles following behind. He walks over to the paintings once more.

"Before, it was so unclear to me...but an idea not yet fully developed. A seed that had just barely began to grow, its roots just starting to get settled in the soil! But it all making sense to me, Charles. And I have you to thank for that. Because you asked me about these paintings..."

Maxie walks closer, but towards the painting of the Fate of Prometheus, and stands with his hands clasped behind his back, his shoulders broad, and his eyes dazed at the painting.

"Prometheus took the fire from Mount Olympus and brought it to Mankind. Mankind has lost sight of that fire, clouded by the smoke; the businessman of politicians who prevent Gotham from growing."

Maxie turns around, rubbing his hands together like a small child about to have some candy.

"I have already taken Wayne Enterprises from that simple minded Bruce Wayne...it is time to strip the power of other alleged powerful men of Gotham City...and like Prometheus, give the fire back to Mankind; back to the people of Gotham. The hold corporations and corrupted, spoiled, men have on this city will cease. And getting my casino up and running is more crucial than ever before...the first step."

logo2ix3.gif

The Joint Part I

Metropolis, Maximum Security Jail

I sit on the hard concrete bench inside my cramped jail cell. I hold a small rock in my hand, something I found in the corner of the cell. I toss it up into the air, and catch it in the palm of my hand to pass the time. I must say, it is as boring as it sounds. Just a tick, a hobby, something to help me pass the time.

I've been here for thirty days, stuck inside a maximum security prison, mixed with the worlds most notorious killers and rapists. I got myself in here looking for a rush, hoping to find some kind of fire in my life. Unfortunately, the only thing this experiance has done is waste my time.

Since I got here, the other inmates have been suspicious. Rumors spread throughout the first week of who I was, why I was here. By now, the whole prison knows I'm Deadshot, master assasin who never misses a shot. I've heard talk, whispers in the dead of night. Word is a man called Danny Brickwell wants to fight me. Here say amongst these thieves and murders says he's the unofficial leader of this jail. Everyone fears him, and with new meat in the lions den, I seem to be his primary source of interest.

Above me, my room mate sits on the top bunk of the bed. He reads some magazine quietly, only making noise when turning the pages. As the clock's hands point to two o'clock, I hear the loud buzzer sound throughout the jail. It's my block's recreation time, where they give us time to exercise, meet with others, or just get a breath of fresh air.

I stand to my feet as a guard opens the dull metal bar door, and pulls it back. The door makes a loud clanking noise as the bars hit eachother until the door opens completely. My cellmate jumps down from the top bunk and lands steadily on his feet, tossing the magazine back onto the bed. He gives me a strange smile, and brushes past me with a laugh.

"See you outside, Lawton." He calls back as he is hearded in with the other men, making their way outside. The guard smiles at me as I slowly walk out of my cell. He knows who I am, and he knows what the prisoners have been planning. They all think they're smart, clever, and cunning. They act as if I have no clue about what is about to happen. At least I'll have that going for me.

A few moments later, I step out into the yard. I see all the men outside waiting in a large circle, eagerly waiting. They yell and whisper to each other as I walk to the center of the hearding, my face showing no emotion. As I step into the dead center of the yard on the hot concrete ground, I hear everyone fall silent. From behind a large grouping of prisoners steps out Danny "Brick" Brickwell.

"Lawton..." He says in a deep thunderous voice, a grin coming across his face. Brickwell apparently suffers from a skin disease. It explains his hideous red tinted skin. Word is he was mocked as a kid, always being called names. Time and lessons taught him to get stronger. Now the guy is five hundred pounds of concentrated rage and muscle, all focused on me. Luck for me, I won't have to share with anyone.

"Brick." I respond coldly, my body still standing straight and unphased.

"You actually came out to play today, huh? You've got guts, man. I respect that. Standing up to me here, most men run."

"I'm not most men."

"How I've heard." He growls as he takes off his orange shirt, tossing behind him. "Deadshot." Brick smirks, rubbing his fists as he slowly approaches me. "I've heard all about you, Deadshot. How you wound up here. You were suppossed to be the best shot on the planet. Guess you aren't, considering you missed Turpin."

"I didn't miss." I say calmly, my rage starting to boil inside me. "My shot was interupted." Brick begins to laugh, his voice resonating in his throat.

"Whatever helps you sleep, Deadshot." Brick stops a few feet in front of me, his body towering over mine. He looks down to me, his eyes seeming to glow in the sun's rays. "I'm going to break you in two, Lawton. It's not everyday I get to kill one of the world's best assassins, so excuse me if I enjoy this a little too much."

The crowd falls silent as everyman stands waiting for the next move. I look Brick up and down, examining every inch of his physique. Brick continues to stare at me, an axious grin on his face. After a few moments of silence, I sigh, and slowly raise my head to look up to him.

"Anything you want to say before I crush you into the dirt?"

"Yes." I say quickly, a smile coming across my face. "You are one ugly mother ****er." Brick moves his head back, his grin quickly changing to a frown. As he growls in rage, I hear the snickers and laughs from the prison spectators.

"Shut up!" Brick yells back to the others, his teeth clenched tightly. "I'm going to rip you to shreds with my bare hands!" He roars, his temper flairing wildly.

"Come on then." I say waving my hand, hoping to irritate him further. "You're boyfriends are waiting."

The Joint Part II

I watch as Brick lunges toward me, his hand extended in a punch. He runs pretty fast for a man of his size. I'd say four hundred to five hundred pounds.

"Come here you mother ****er! I want to break your skull in two!"

As Brick gets near me, I jump into the air. Skillfully, I jump over him, landing on his back. As he tries to grab me, I leap off his back again, and jump back down on the ground. I look over my shoulder and watch him stop himself in mid run. Grunting and breathing heavily, he turns back to me, his hands balled into fists.

"Come on, Lawton! Is that the best you can do?" He mocks with a laugh.He runs at me again, this time he holds his arms at his side, waiting to strike me. I can feel the ground shake as he moves. This guy is definently a threat, but only if he can hit me.

"I'll kill you!"

"Fine," I say as I stand still, unaffected. "Do it."

"Roberts! Turner!" He yells, suddenly coming to a stop.

Two men jump out from the crowd and grab my arms. They hold me tightly, restraining me. As I struggle to break free, I suddenly feel a sharp pain in my side. My shirt quickly becomes wet, and I know what has just happened.

"Come on, Turner!" The man behind me yells. "Shank em again!"

Brick slowly walks up to me. He cracks his fists in front of me as he laughs. His two lackeys laugh behind me too, and I feel the blood dripping from the wound even more.

"Anything to say, smart ass?" He growls.

"Mmmh..." I say as I think. He's got me right where he wants me. Wounded, restrained. Hell, right now, I'm nothing more than a human punching bag.

"Well, Deadshot?" He asks, extending his arms to the crowd. "The audience awaits your witty remark. Don't dissapoint them." I stay silent, the pain in my back is getting worse. I know I have one chance.

"Alright." I say with a smirk. Lifting my arms, I elbow the two men behind me in the chest. I hear a loud crack as my bone breaks their ribs. They fall backward, yelling and screaming in pain. I move to the ground, falling on my hands and lifting my body. As the two men move forward to try and grab me again, I kick them in their jaws. I feel their bones break as I make contact. A smile comes on my face, and I jump backward, standing on my feet over their motionless bodies.

"Do you want to finish our fight now? Or do you need more help from your *****es?" I watch as he fills with anger once again, this time staying silent, letting the anger boil inside him.

"You're not going to survive this, Lawton."

"Well, come on." I say as I move into a fighting stance. "Let's make this fun."

Corben frowns, his face making a sneer. "Yeah, I'll be damned sure to do that." He turns around, and begins to walk toward the other officers.

"What have you got on him?"

"What was that about, Lieutenant?" The officer asks him.

"Nothing, officer. Don't mind the vigilante. He's just starting trouble again." "But...but sir, he stopped Bloodsport." Corben sneers as he begins to fill with anger. He grabs the officer by his uniform and pulls him close.

"Listen to me, rookie. That damned alien is no hero. He's fooling you! And I'm going to make sure that he never gets this city, or this planet for that matter!"

"B-But, Lieutenant, he's only been doing good. What makes you think he's going to turn on us?" Corben smiles, releasing his grip on the officer's clothes.

"Better to be safe then sorry, rookie. Now file the report. I'm going back to the station."

As Corben drives in his police car, he turns on the radio. He changes the channels until he hears a song he likes. Putting his hand back on the wheel, he listens as the song ends and the DJ begins to speak.

<Alright ladies and gentlemen, check it here at DC radio for your favorite in tunes. I just want to give a shout out to Superman right now. Heard he just stopped a shooter in the lower district. Let's all give a shout out to Supes, huh?>

Corben sneers as he hears the DJ. He punches the radio as hard as he can with his fist. He breaks it, sending pieces falling to the floor of the car. He pulls his hand out of the broken device, scratches on the skin begining to bleed. Corben doesn't even notice, he continues to drive, keeping his focus on his hatred and anger.

"Superman..." He says with a hiss. "Damn boyscout. I'll get him one of these days. I swear it."

Corben drives down the street and pulls up to the police station. Acool wind blows down the street as he pulls his keys out of the ignition, and steps out of the car.

Blackgate Prison had become a virtual hell on earth now that the prisoners were free. The criminals known as Black Mask and Scarecrow sat back and basked in the chaos and mayhem as riots consumed the prison. All hope was lost. Blackgate won't survive past nightfall. Who will save the men society has turned their back? Who will help them.

"Goddamn, Mr. Narrator. Reading those pretty words up there has given me a semi!"

21.jpg

With a cackle, The Creeper leaped into a nearby skylight window and landed into the middle of the riot.

"I think I'm at the wrong place. I'm looking for jailbaitho16...damn you Chris Hansen! I'm not going back to jail!...oh wait."

The Creeper handsprings into the air and roundhouse kicks a nearby thug.

"This looks like a job for...someone else!"

Woah! Wait a minute, Jack.

"What do you want now, Mr. Narrator?"

Why are you leaving? After all the nice words I said about you, you'll make me look like a fool.

"Well, you're narrarating RPG posts...I'd say you do a good job of looking foolish by yourself."

Fine! You leave and I leave you.

"No! I can't describe my actions and thoughts by myself. Now that would be just crazy."

I'll stay, only if you promise to stop Scarecrow and Black Mask and get the prison under control.

"You got it, govna!"

And with that, The Creeper raced through the riot, searching for the two villians responsible.

IC: Tony Zucco

The past days had been quiet on the police front. It seemed to Tony that they had their hands full with some of the freaks running around Gotham. Tony was sitting at a poker table with his capos. Moe flipped his cards and smiled "Queenies fulla aces. Read em an' weep." Joey and Frankie tossed their cards to the table in disgust. Vito just quietly mucked his. Tony smiled and flipped over his.

"Ah, but no. I gots Aces fulla Queens. Eat s**t Moe."

Moe stood up violently and stormed off.

"Sore loser. Hey, Joey. Any word from Corrigan?"

"Nada, boss."

"Well get a hold of him, so that we can talk about the cops."

lexcorp2.gif
ex Luthor

"L-Soft, please give me the morning update," Luthor said as he focused his microbinoculars on the vial of modified OMAC nanites. Instead of overriding the host's physiology, he had engineered the nanites to integrate themselves into the host body and enhance it. Genetic Reconfiguration to Optimal DNA Development was the full name of the project, and he couldn't wait to experiment with a new host. In fact, he had a specimen secured in LexCorp's Central City branch to receive the GRODD treatments within a matter of days. All that remained was for Lex to complete the finishing touches.

GRODD was hardly Luthor's top priority, however. The scope of his true plans required several events to take place in perfect timing, and for that to happen, all of his projects would have to be completed right on schedule.​

"The Knight-Watch program is three days ahead of schedule, Mister Luthor," L-Soft began with just a tinge of what might be considered satisfaction. "General Eiling has assured us that the Army will fully endorse the new combat systems, and at our current production level, we should have approximately five thousand operational Knight-Watch-equipped soldiers in the Armed Forces by this time next year. Of course, once Project Wild Fire is completed, that will be virtually all that remains of the American military."

Lex was pleased with that. Knight-Watch was one of the first designs he had based off of the OMAC technology, meant to ensure the military could handle super-powered threats. Equipped with powerful energy weapons, mechanized armor, and a wireless network that made the current Land Warrior system look like a telegraph, a hundred or so Knight-Watch soldiers could conceivably neutralize the entire Chinese military within a month. Of course, blasting communists was hardly their primary modus operandi.​

"I've read the current status reports on the Society's own security forces. I'm afraid Mr. Orr was not exactly the most disciplined leader."

"Fortunately, Orr is no longer in command. And judging by the improved efficiency in the latest field exercises, it seems the new commander is far more capable. My calculations estimate that the Society's forces will be more than able to perform their tasks when called."

Luthor smiled. Frank "Sergeant" Rock was a fairly old-school kind of soldier, a Vietnam veteran who became disenfranchised with the government but wanted to see its values return. The Society was a perfect haven for him, and he took to training Lex's private militia like the proverbial duck to water. More importantly, he was seen as a hero to the men, and was able to keep them fiercely loyal.

"On a related subject, I would like to remind you that Slade Wilson is still requesting a meeting with you. When do you plan to contact him about it?"

"As soon as my other wild card is where I want him to be."

There was only one person that Luthor wanted in his services more than Deathstroke, but he was currently preoccupied in Gotham. Once the Joker was locked away in Arkham, Lex would have Slade Wilson fetch him.​

"And while I'm thinking about it, how many of our offers have been returned?"

"Currently, we have heard responses from eight of our intended acquisitions: all of them accepting the offer. Edgar Cizko of Gateway City--a.k.a. 'Doctor Psycho.' Leonard Snart of Central City--a.k.a. 'Captain Cold.' The Pacific-based mercenary only named 'The Black Manta.' Winslow Schott and Oswald Loomis of Metropolis--a.k.a. 'Toyman and Prankster.' Joseph Martin of Metropolis--a.k.a. 'The Atomic Skull.' Hector Hammond of Coast City. And Curtis Calhoun of Gotham City--a.k.a. 'Prometheus.' All other contacts to be made in Gotham City will proceed only when the current situation there has been resolved."

It was a decent lineup at best, but Lex knew with some proper training and equipment, these criminals and super-powered terrorists would be just what he needed. And when his other projects were completed and a fully-operational force was assembled, Superman and everyone like him would be easy picking.

"Thank you, L-Soft. I'm about finished here with the GRODD nanites; inform the boys at Project K-2 that I'll be there to check on their progress in fifteen minutes. After that, I'll be in my office handling appointments, and I want you to resume work on the Lexor Colony designs while I'm there. Also, put in a call to the Daily Planet to remind Miss Lane and Mister Kent of my invitation to the Society's meeting in the Adirondacks."

"Yes, Mister Luthor. I will see to it that everything goes according to plan."

Luthor arched an eyebrow at the L-Soft monitor for a moment, as if there was something else there. He quickly dismissed it, and went back to his work.

Indeed, everything was going according to plan.​

hawk.gif

Time seemed so slow down around Katar Hol. Tommy Prescott plunged through the air, screaming in panicked fear. He did not deserve to live. He took a life, an innocent life, and he deserved to become nothing more than a stain on the pavement.

"NYAAAAAAAAAAAaaaAAaaaAAAA!!!"the scream echoed upwards.

Every fiber in Hawkman's body told him to turn and go. To leave the man, let him die. That's why Katar had no idea what had happened, when he suddenly felt his hand grip Tommy's mere seconds before hitting the ground.

"Oooh...Oooh God" the killer cried, before making a horrid wretching noise and vomiting onto the street.

Katar shook his head in confusion, before letting go and letting Prescott fall into his own pool of vomit. "Know that I will be watching you." Katar growled, before he turning and shooting upwards into the night sky.

lexcorp2.gif
ex Luthor

"L-Soft, please give me the morning update," Luthor said as he focused his microbinoculars on the vial of modified OMAC nanites. Instead of overriding the host's physiology, he had engineered the nanites to integrate themselves into the host body and enhance it. Genetic Reconfiguration to Optimal DNA Development was the full name of the project, and he couldn't wait to experiment with a new host. In fact, he had a specimen secured in LexCorp's Central City branch to receive the GRODD treatments within a matter of days. All that remained was for Lex to complete the finishing touches.

GRODD was hardly Luthor's top priority, however. The scope of his true plans required several events to take place in perfect timing, and for that to happen, all of his projects would have to be completed right on schedule.​

"The Knight-Watch program is three days ahead of schedule, Mister Luthor," L-Soft began with just a tinge of what might be considered satisfaction. "General Eiling has assured us that the Army will fully endorse the new combat systems, and at our current production level, we should have approximately five thousand operational Knight-Watch-equipped soldiers in the Armed Forces by this time next year. Of course, once Project Wild Fire is completed, that will be virtually all that remains of the American military."

Lex was pleased with that. Knight-Watch was one of the first designs he had based off of the OMAC technology, meant to ensure the military could handle super-powered threats. Equipped with powerful energy weapons, mechanized armor, and a wireless network that made the current Land Warrior system look like a telegraph, a hundred or so Knight-Watch soldiers could conceivably neutralize the entire Chinese military within a month. Of course, blasting communists was hardly their primary modus operandi.​

"I've read the current status reports on the Society's own security forces. I'm afraid Mr. Orr was not exactly the most disciplined leader."

"Fortunately, Orr is no longer in command. And judging by the improved efficiency in the latest field exercises, it seems the new commander is far more capable. My calculations estimate that the Society's forces will be more than able to perform their tasks when called."

Luthor smiled. Frank "Sergeant" Rock was a fairly old-school kind of soldier, a Vietnam veteran who became disenfranchised with the government but wanted to see its values return. The Society was a perfect haven for him, and he took to training Lex's private militia like the proverbial duck to water. More importantly, he was seen as a hero to the men, and was able to keep them fiercely loyal.

"On a related subject, I would like to remind you that Slade Wilson is still requesting a meeting with you. When do you plan to contact him about it?"

"As soon as my other wild card is where I want him to be."

There was only one person that Luthor wanted in his services more than Deathstroke, but he was currently preoccupied in Gotham. Once the Joker was locked away in Arkham, Lex would have Slade Wilson fetch him.​

"And while I'm thinking about it, how many of our offers have been returned?"

"Currently, we have heard responses from eight of our intended acquisitions: all of them accepting the offer. Edgar Cizko of Gateway City--a.k.a. 'Doctor Psycho.' Leonard Snart of Central City--a.k.a. 'Captain Cold.' The Pacific-based mercenary only named 'The Black Manta.' Winslow Schott and Oswald Loomis of Metropolis--a.k.a. 'Toyman and Prankster.' Joseph Martin of Metropolis--a.k.a. 'The Atomic Skull.' Hector Hammond of Coast City. And Curtis Calhoun of Gotham City--a.k.a. 'Prometheus.' All other contacts to be made in Gotham City will proceed only when the current situation there has been resolved."

It was a decent lineup at best, but Lex knew with some proper training and equipment, these criminals and super-powered terrorists would be just what he needed. And when his other projects were completed and a fully-operational force was assembled, Superman and everyone like him would be easy picking.

"Thank you, L-Soft. I'm about finished here with the GRODD nanites; inform the boys at Project K-2 that I'll be there to check on their progress in fifteen minutes. After that, I'll be in my office handling appointments, and I want you to resume work on the Lexor Colony designs while I'm there. Also, put in a call to the Daily Planet to remind Miss Lane and Mister Kent of my invitation to the Society's meeting in the Adirondacks."

"Yes, Mister Luthor. I will see to it that everything goes according to plan."

Luthor arched an eyebrow at the L-Soft monitor for a moment, as if there was something else there. He quickly dismissed it, and went back to his work.

Indeed, everything was going according to plan.​

ultrequestnt7.gif

Doris walks past the receptionist to Lex's office.

She starts to say, "Excuse me you just can't...."

Doris says, "Trust me Mr. Luthor is expecting me." She shows her that Lex has sent her an authorization code.

The receptionist says, "Oh I am sorry ma'am. He's not in right now can I take a message."

Doris replies, "No I'll wait in the office."

With that she is buzzed into the office.

Doris then wlaks into the office like she owned the building. Usually Doris didn't like to be kept waiting for anybody. Lex Luthor though wasn't just anybody...he was a man who had connections & power. The type of person Doris knew could make things happen.

She looks at the box with the Kryptonite and smirks.

I have no idea why Lex wants you so badly, however I am certain you are worth it. And to me you are my ticket to the one place that money can't buy...Lex's inner-circle.

Detective Jim Corrigan

Gotham City:

It's been two days since I got out the hospital, I still feel like hell after the crash, I've been off the coke for the entire month, I'm done with it it's ****ed up my brains. Guys at the hospital wanted me to go through some ******** drug rehab, told them I can quit cold turkey, said that I won't last long. What do they know?

All the streets are flooded with the freaks tearing this place apart, asked the Commis if I can step out and just handle all the small crimes and a day off, I'll be off duty for about a week, this continues I might have to step up and do something, thing about the freaks is that they'll kill you, that's that. They're not like dealers, or anyone else they won't buy you off, so you get more hassle, and less pay.

Life's been.......quiet without Jenny and Billy, I've cried more then a few times cause of him leaving me, the ***** can rot in hell, didn't even give a good blow job. But Billy, and my new born! ****e! She took them from me ARGH!

Punching the wall, I thing I might have cracked a knuckle, not good considering I've been out of shape latley, slopping on the chair, I turn on the TV, better be something good on, 9:00 PM should be something I can...

RING RING!

RING RING!

Picking up the phone I go into the speaker; "Hello!?"

"Well, if it ain't Jimmy ****ing Corrigan, finally answering his phone calls!"

**** Zucco, totally forgot.

"Hey Joey listen, tell Tony I'm sorry I've been in the hospitol for a few days and...."

"Yeah yeah, I heard about your kid and your wife, it's **** man, but come on you didn't call us!?"

"Joey..."

"Forget about it, listen Tony wants to speak with you."

"On the phone?"

"Yeah, I'll pass him over to you now."

As he takes his ear off the phone I can hear in the distance, "Hey Ton, the Irish **** finally picked up, ya wanna talk to him?" And the sound of Tony's foot steps coming down.

"Hey Tony..."

Blackgate Prison had become a virtual hell on earth now that the prisoners were free. The criminals known as Black Mask and Scarecrow sat back and basked in the chaos and mayhem as riots consumed the prison. All hope was lost. Blackgate won't survive past nightfall. Who will save the men society has turned their back? Who will help them.

"Goddamn, Mr. Narrator. Reading those pretty words up there has given me a semi!"

21.jpg

With a cackle, The Creeper leaped into a nearby skylight window and landed into the middle of the riot.

"I think I'm at the wrong place. I'm looking for jailbaitho16...damn you Chris Hansen! I'm not going back to jail!...oh wait."

The Creeper handsprings into the air and roundhouse kicks a nearby thug.

"This looks like a job for...someone else!"

Woah! Wait a minute, Jack.

"What do you want now, Mr. Narrator?"

Why are you leaving? After all the nice words I said about you, you'll make me look like a fool.

"Well, you're narrarating RPG posts...I'd say you do a good job of looking foolish by yourself."

Fine! You leave and I leave you.

"No! I can't describe my actions and thoughts by myself. Now that would be just crazy."

I'll stay, only if you promise to stop Scarecrow and Black Mask and get the prison under control.

"You got it, govna!"

And with that, The Creeper raced through the riot, searching for the two villians responsible.
Black Mask had found a crowbar somewhere in the madness, and was proceeding to walk around, randomly swinging at anyone and everyone he met. And then, amongst the chaos, he saw a person with bright yellow skin jumping around, and generally beating the living crap out of everyone he came across.

"Hey buddy, are you trying to outdo me in the odd skin condition, crazy, ass kicking department?" he shouted. Then he ran towards him, swinging the crowbar wildly.

Black Mask had found a crowbar somewhere in the madness, and was proceeding to walk around, randomly swinging at anyone and everyone he met. And then, amongst the chaos, he saw a person with bright yellow skin jumping around, and generally beating the living crap out of everyone he came across.

"Hey buddy, are you trying to outdo me in the odd skin condition, crazy, ass kicking department?" he shouted. Then he ran towards him, swinging the crowbar wildly.

Creeper laughs wildly as he dodges Black Mask's swings.

"Bwahahaha. C'mon, hit me!!!"

He handsprings backwards out of Black Mask's graps and smiles.

"See Gotham desn't need freaks like you. They need freaks like me and Batman! We're a lot cooler and do good. Another thing wrong with you..."

The Creeper places his fingers in his mouth and whistles loudly. Every prisoner in Blackgate stand at attention, like robots.

"You don't have powers, mine are cool. Watch me and the boys thrill ya!"

He leaps down infront of the prisoners. Music pumps out of nowhere...

[OOC: start at the 1:06 mark]

As the Michael Jackson song fills the ears of Black Mask and Scarecrow, The prisoners just dance towards them, Creeper leading the way. Creeper
sings along as he and the thousand or so inmates march towards the two villians.

"That it's a thriller, thriller night
'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghost who would dare to try
Girl, this is thriller, thriller night
So let me hold you tight and share a killer, diller, chiller
Thriller here tonight!"

ultjokerii2.gif

"Hello, operator? Operator? One of 'em got loose! I think he may attack! Dear god, hurry! Pleeease! HAHAHAHA!"

None of the cops that were witness to this attack could truly see what was coming at them, as the tear gas densed within the room, but every last officer in Gotham Central could hear his manic laughter. And the bullets that tore through every cop he could get his hands on.

The Joker kicked the nearest officer down, sending him flying over his desk, as he fired a twelve gauge round into another detective's brain. Blood went flying across his 'borrowed' GCPD Swat armor, as the madman cackled, watching bullets pass and hit his chest, only hindering his movement for a second. But the truth was, The Joker was wearing so many pounds and layers of armor that it felt like little more than a tickle. Cocking a shotgun in one hand, and an automatic pistol in the other, he stepped forward, roaming down the halls as if he were a casual visitor.

As one officer dived out of his office, desperate to make a shot, The Joker grinned, and struck him in the nose with the barrel of his shotgun. The officer fell, in clear pain, as the criminal loaded the weapon on sight, and peered down at his victim. The officer tried to reach for his weapon, but with a swipe of his foot, The Joker slid it in the opposite direction, watching... and loving the sight on the officer's face, as he realized all hope was lost, and that he was a dead man. The Joker raised the weapon to his forehead, and chuckled.

"Oh, I know what you're thinking, sonny boy. And you're right!"

With a loud blam, the officer fell, slumped over on the floor, blood trickling down what was left of his face. The Joker kicked the corpse out of the way, and shot random rounds into the overhead lights, still smiling. Still laughing. Still killing.

"Today just isn't your day. For any of ya."

Hearing the ensuing chaos coming from the halls, Detectives Marcus Driver and his ex-wife, Renee Montoya, braced themselves for the sight they would witness, as they waited patiently behind the door leading into the basement of the building. Both of them were silent, and sweating, fearing for eachother's lives. But the only constant between them was the thought of their young son, Josh, and what would happen to him if either went down in the line of duty, tonight. They had thought of telling eachother to make a run for it, while the other held him off... but neither were going to back down.

It was hopeless. The Joker had them all scared, like lambs going to the slaughter.

"Count of three,", Driver sternly whispered, loading his weapon.

"Count of three what?", Montoya asked.

"Count of three... we burst this door down and give that maniac the hell he deserves."

"Oh, great plan, genius."

"Hell of alot better than sitting duck like he wants us to, Renee!", Driver shot back. "He's taking down my guys out there. Our guys. If there's anyone worth dying for, it's them."

Renee looked down, a sudden jolt of sadness overwhelming her. "No. I can think of someone else worth dying for."

Driver turned, seeing the look on her face, and sighed, apologetically. Kneeling down to her, he grasped her shoulders, tightly, so she'd listen to him.

"I know. I know, dammit, I miss him too. I think about him every night, when I go out there, knowing I probably won't come back. But if we don't do something, that freak's liable to walk out of here with half the squad under his body count. Including us. And what good are we gonna be to the little guy with a bullet in our brains?"

Renee pulled away, angrily.

"That doesn't mean I want to die, Marcus. And I know you don't, either. Especially at the hands of somebody like The Joker.", She stressed. "Have you ever thought that maybe I want to see the day that our son becomes a better person than either of us?"

Driver smirks, slightly, even though his fear is evident. "He already is, Ren. That's all that matters."

The two embrace, tightly, just as the gunshots continue outside. And just like that, the laughter becomes louder.

"Lotsa lotsa bullets, baby!"

Joker4-5.jpg

It took less than a minute for The Joker to make it from the armory to the main offices of the complex. It was a minute more than any criminal should have... but unbeknownst to Gotham's finest, he had been calculating this plan for weeks. Thinking of it's perfections and it's imperfections as delicately as he had plotted any of the series of crimes that led to his arrest. Even though the officers who were slowly being bumped off as if they were nothing thought of this clown as the freak, the very real truth was quite horrifying: The Joker was a criminal mastermind. And the reputation of his psychopathic mind would outlive each and every one of them.

"Oy vey! And here I thought you people were professionals. Really, is this the best you got?!", The Clown Prince bolstered, diving behind numerous desks as he avoided gunfire, and returned each shot with startling success. "God, I think I've bombed orphanages who put up more of a fight than any of you!"

Dodging another round of gunfire, The Joker grinned, maniacally, as a joyous thought came across his mind. Infact, I'm almost sure I have, but... even if I haven't, it's not too late, is it?

As the madman reached back, his gloved and bloodied hands preparing to grab a grenade from the holster that was strapped to his leg, he paused, hearing a door burst open. Looking up, the green haired maniac nearly gasped in delight, as he saw none other than his favorite police Captain, James Gordon, storm out of his office, a trenchcoat wrapped around his face. The Joker cackled again, gleefully, as he took the shotgun, and made a run towards the Captain.

"Why, Jamesy! James Gordon! It's been ages! How've you been? Still getting your delightfully perverted kicks off of Detective Sawyer's cleavage, I hope!"

Seeing Gordon's eyes widen, as he made mention of, perhaps, one of Gordon's deepest and darkest secrets, The Joker took the opprotunity of Gordon's blindsighted shock to dive, and tackle the Captain to the floor, violently thrasing Gordon all across the room, as the gunfire echoed, but quickly ceased as the officers realized the two were struggling.

"Say, waitaminute! Aren't you married?! Oh, you devil, you!", The Joker grinned, before producing a switchblade, similar to the one he had on him during their previous encounter.

Creeper laughs wildly as he dodges Black Mask's swings.

"Bwahahaha. C'mon, hit me!!!"

He handsprings backwards out of Black Mask's graps and smiles.

"See Gotham desn't need freaks like you. They need freaks like me and Batman! We're a lot cooler and do good. Another thing wrong with you..."

The Creeper places his fingers in his mouth and whistles loudly. Every prisoner in Blackgate stand at attention, like robots.

"You don't have powers, mine are cool. Watch me and the boys thrill ya!"

He leaps down infront of the prisoners. Music pumps out of nowhere...

[OOC: start at the 1:06 mark]

As the Michael Jackson song fills the ears of Black Mask and Scarecrow, The prisoners just dance towards them, Creeper leading the way. Creeper
sings along as he and the thousand or so inmates march towards the two villians.

"That it's a thriller, thriller night
'Cause I can thrill you more than any ghost who would dare to try
Girl, this is thriller, thriller night
So let me hold you tight and share a killer, diller, chiller
Thriller here tonight!"

"I have no idea how the **** you just did that," Black Mask said, looking on at the scene with a mixture of awe and respect.

"Johnathon, gas the bastards," he said, in a cold, detached voice.

"Oh, can I, can I, can I?" Crane said, jumping up and down.

"That's why I asked you to do it moron," he said, rolling his eyes and turning to the freaky yellow guy.

"Now let's see if you can dodge bullets as well," he said, pulling two uzi's out of his jacket, and firing into the crowd.

"I have no idea how the **** you just did that," Black Mask said, looking on at the scene with a mixture of awe and respect.

"Johnathon, gas the bastards," he said, in a cold, detached voice.

"Oh, can I, can I, can I?" Crane said, jumping up and down.

"That's why I asked you to do it moron," he said, rolling his eyes and turning to the freaky yellow guy.

"Now let's see if you can dodge bullets as well," he said, pulling two uzi's out of his jacket, and firing into the crowd.

The Creeper leaps into the air and avoids Black Mask's gunfire.

He lands next to Scarecrow and cackles.

"C'mon, Black Mask. Kill him!"

"No, Kill him!"

"It's Scarecrow season."

"Creeper season."

"Scarecrow season!"

"Creeper season!"

"Creeper season!"

"Scarecrow season!"

"CREEPER SEASON!"

"SCARECROW SEASON, FIRE!!!"

Scarecrow reaches for Black Mask's uzis, Black Mask stumbles back and squeezes the triggers on his twin guns.

Braka!braka!braka!braka!

Bullets riddle Scarecrow's body and the villian falls to the ground.

"Say good night, Johnny."

The Creeper bends down and holds up Scarecrow's face towards Black Mask. The dazed rogue stares at Black Mask with glassy eyes.

"Good night, Johnny."

Creeper lets go of his head and Scarecrow passes out.

"Ahh, hell. He'll be alright. It's nothing but a flesh wound!"

Braka!braka!braka!

Creeper handsprings out of harm's way as Black Mask starts to fire at him.

hmav2.jpg

REX TYLER: HOURMAN
Season 3.0 - Part 5

Rex crawls through the hole in the back of the dumpster and pushes aside the bloodied rubber curtain. He gets to his feet in total darkness and stands still for a moment, trying to breathe as quietly as possible as he lets his eyes adjust to the omnipresent black.

He is in what seems to be an old industrial freezer, though it is no longer in operation. The air is stale, a lovely potpourri of mold and sweat. He almost gags. The heavy door that once permitted entry to the freezer lies just ahead of him. Closed, its outline is traced in yellow light that shines from the other side.

Stepping cautiously, hoping to avoid an ambush, Rex slowly pushes the door open. He sticks his head out through the slim opening and examines the nightmarish room beyond. Bodies... some whole, some dismembered... litter the floor. The walls are literally painted with blood. It stinks of exhumed organs and fecal matter, the latter most likely due to the loosening of bowels when these poor souls were finally killed.

All the bodies belong to females, some adults, some perhaps as young as twelve. Creative weapons are scattered around the room, as though a very messy and sadistic child lives here. These are devices meant to cause excrutiating pain. Instruments of torture...

In the center of the room, a balding middle aged man stands. Greasy brown hair hangs down to his shoulders, where sweat glues it to skin. He is unshaven and unclean. Stains make his white wife-beater appear to be camouflage. He is short and wide in the middle from a life of unhealthy meal choices.

At his feet, a naked woman lies unconscious. Gashes decorate her body, as the vapor trails of planes would mark a clear summer sky. The balding man turns to face Rex, a two-by-four in his hands, wrapped with barbed wire.

"What the hell are you supposed to be?"

Rex doesn't answer. He stares at the woman on the floor, relieved to see her slim ribcage rising and falling rhythmically.

"What is this $hit?" The man says angrily.

His eyes are wild, like those of an animal. No... worse. There is nothing of this world in them. Sickness. Evil. That's all that swims behind the glossy windows to his soul.

"You gonna ****in' answer me?"

Rex is speechless. Torn. Part of him is scared to death. Horrified. Like a child frozen by an irrational fear. But this is not irrational. This boogeyman is real. The whole scene is real. Very very real. The other half of Rex is outraged. Furious. Filled with righteous anger.

"What are you doing?" Rex asks, unable to think of anything else to say.

"How did you get in here?"

Rex doesn't answer. He dares not close his eyes, as he must be alert should this monster try to launch an assault, but there is nowhere he can look where he won't see unspeakable violence. Entrails. Polished bone. Mangled limbs. He feels vomit rising in his esophagus.

"WHO THE **** ARE YOU?"

Rex takes a step backward, his fear momentarily defeating his bravery.

"Get over here, boy."

Rex feels himself trembled, a fleet of centiples slithering along his spine.

"I said... come here. RIGHT NOW!"

The man sprays himself with spittle when he shouts, the yellowish saliva bubbling on his crooked teeth.

"How could you do this?"

The man seems to not understand Rex... as if Rex is speaking a foreign language. He forrows his brow for a moment... then attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"