The "Ultimate Marvel" RPG Season IV OOC Thread

BL incase you don't know Prof. X is in a coma right now from Mystique infiltrating the x-mansion and sabotaging cerebro.

ULTIMATE MARVEL RPG SIGN-UP FORM

Screen Name:
Spideyssuperfan

Character you would like to play:
Jim Rhodes akaWar Machine

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English:

Jim Rhodes found a prototype suit of the Iron Man Armor while working as Tony Stark's bodyguard. He stole the suit, altered computer records, and now uses the suit to fight crime as the vigilante War Machine.

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

It's War Machine... C'mon.

Two words: Gatling gun.

I... just... want to play him.

What can you bring to this game?
Nothing much.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
Exactly one more than I actually will post per day in the rpg.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:
animation-1.gif

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:

The Silver Surfer slowly opens his eyes. He has no idea where he is, save that he is in a glass tube; beyond which lies a black void. He taps on the glass, seeing if it is breakable.

It isn't.

He watches as a cold looking robotic man steps out of the void; accompanied by an aura of smoke.

"Sorry, pal." The man says, "You're being switched with another silver hero."

They stare at each other from either side of the glass.

"...Me."

The man in the armor wraps his hand around the side of the glass tube and heaves.

The surfer feels the pressure release and steps out into the void.

"See ya later." The man says, placing himself where the surfer once stood.

The door to the capsule closed itself and the surfer watched as the man leaned his head back.

BL incase you don't know Prof. X is in a coma right now from Mystique infiltrating the x-mansion and sabotaging cerebro.

Yes I know. Was my first post Ok? I don't want to mess up the IC thread. I want it to be perfect.

The only real gripe I had with it was that you shoulda put alittle more detail into it. But aside from that I thought it was a good first post.

The only real gripe I had with it was that you shoulda put alittle more detail into it. But aside from that I thought it was a good first post.

Thank you!:woot: Don't worry about lack of detail, all my future posts will be full of detail.

Screen Name:
Eddie Brock Jr.

Character you would like to play:
Lieutenant Morris Bench, aka Hydro-Man

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English:
Morrie has the ability to turn any part of his body into water, ice, or steam - granted, the latter two cause him to exert much more energy. Morrie can also merge with any body of water, thereby allowing him to manipulate it.

He's a clean slate.

I always liked the Sandman/Hydro-Man rivalry, and I'd like to explore that here - especially since it gives me a chance to interact with Feature.

Spider-Man's ass doesn't get kicked enough. :cwink:

What can you bring to this game?
Water?

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:
Even the best of intentions can go awry...

hydroman.jpg

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialouge:
"Mrs. Bench, it is with deepest regret that I must report to you that your husband, First Lieutenant Morris Bench was Killed In Action last month," the man in the uniform tells the woman.

The women begins to cry, but has enough composure to ask, "What happened?"

"Well, ma'am..."

ONE MONTH PRIOR
THE GULF OF OMAN, MIDDLE EAST
1800 HOURS LOCAL TIME

"Hey Morrie, you think we're ever going to see any action?" a young man asks.

Lieutenant Morris Bench looks over the edge of the cruiser. "I sure hope so. I got a wife at home - I didn't come out here to sit in the middle of the ocean."

"Man, I can't wait to go home, Morrie," the man confesses. He sits back in his chair. "I got season tickets to the Giants..."

Morrie smiles at his friend. "It's been forever since I went to a football game. Isn't it the greatest? A fresh hot dog, a cold beer..."

Morrie is cut off by a rumbling noise. "The Hell is that, Morrie?"

Morrie peers over the edge of the boat. The water is bubbling beneath them. Morrie looks up in time to see an enemy battleship quickly approaching.

"We're under attack!"

All the men on the boat leap to the feet and run to their stations. Morrie remains in his spot, staring at the enemy ship. Then a lone gunshot is fired, and before he knows it, Morrie has fallen overboard into the ocean.

"Morrie!"

*Note: I'm only using the third-person for the sample since it's a flashback.

Nothing like throwing on a nice dosage of the ol' Tony Stark charm to start off the day. :up:

Hope that's a good enough opening for both EBJ and Spider-Man9X17. I made sure not to mention Cap, as I didn't know what you had planned for him to start things off.

xman:blacklight, I'd prefer you left the Ultimate Defenders alone...I've got a lot of plans for them.

Screen Name:
Apprentice

Character you would like to play: Luke Cage, the so-called Power Man

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Leader of the rag-tag group of "heroes" known as the Defenders, Luke is supposedly a street-wise superman - in reality, he's a loser with limited super-strength.

Ultimate Luke Cage sucks. I wanna make him cool.

2. By the time I'm finished, the Defenders are going to be in an extremely different place than when they started, and with Luke as their leader, he's going to play a major role in that.

3. He's only got super-strength? Let's see if we can give him some more power...

What can you bring to this game? Luke Cage and the Defenders. Duh.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Once or twice.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yes.

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue:

Crap.

This is the third time I've woken up the the ****in' gutter this week. I feel like my brains have been splattered across the sidewalk...I wish invulnerability or whatever it's called coulda come hand in hand with this super strength stuff. Would make this damn job a lot easier. Cursin' all the way, I stumble to my feet, trying to ignore the agony that is yankin' at every muscle in my body. Damn thugs, thinkin' they own the place. And now, I've gotta go do my leader thing. Hell to that. Freakin' losers can take care of their freakin' selves for all I bloody well care.

"Get up. Now."

Instead of doin' what I say, they just groan and grumble. Ain't this just my luck? My team is strewn across the road, and now they won't even obey my orders. How'd I end up with these jerks? God, what kinda moron lets a group of adults ('cept Valkyrie, of course) get on the wrong side of an ambush involvin' five teenagers with alien masks and baseball bats? I feel blood trickle down from my lip but don't bother to wipe it away. After all, it'll just keep comin' anyway. Bruises are already swelling up across my body, but I'm more concerned about the sharp pain that keeps stabbin' me around my chest. Broken rib, I think. I guess someone had to take one for the team.

I s'pose though, we shoulda agreed on who took that blow first off. Seems like everyone decided to take one.

xman:blacklight, I'd prefer you left the Ultimate Defenders alone...I've got a lot of plans for them.

Screen Name:
Apprentice

Character you would like to play: Luke Cage, the so-called Power Man

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: Leader of the rag-tag group of "heroes" known as the Defenders, Luke is supposedly a street-wise superman - in reality, he's a loser with limited super-strength.

Ultimate Luke Cage sucks. I wanna make him cool.

2. By the time I'm finished, the Defenders are going to be in an extremely different place than when they started, and with Luke as their leader, he's going to play a major role in that.

3. He's only got super-strength? Let's see if we can give him some more power...

What can you bring to this game? Luke Cage and the Defenders. Duh.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Once or twice.

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards: Yes.

Provide a small sample post for your character, about 4 paragraphs with at least one line of dialogue:

Crap.

This is the third time I've woken up the the ****in' gutter this week. I feel like my brains have been splattered across the sidewalk...I wish invulnerability or whatever it's called coulda come hand in hand with this super strength stuff. Would make this damn job a lot easier. Cursin' all the way, I stumble to my feet, trying to ignore the agony that is yankin' at every muscle in my body. Damn thugs, thinkin' they own the place. And now, I've gotta go do my leader thing. Hell to that. Freakin' losers can take care of their freakin' selves for all I bloody well care.

"Get up. Now."

Instead of doin' what I say, they just groan and grumble. Ain't this just my luck? My team is strewn across the road, and now they won't even obey my orders. How'd I end up with these jerks? God, what kinda moron lets a group of adults ('cept Valkyrie, of course) get on the wrong side of an ambush involvin' five teenagers with alien masks and baseball bats? I feel blood trickle down from my lip but don't bother to wipe it away. After all, it'll just keep comin' anyway. Bruises are already swelling up across my body, but I'm more concerned about the sharp pain that keeps stabbin' me around my chest. Broken rib, I think. I guess someone had to take one for the team.

I s'pose though, we shoulda agreed on who took that blow first off. Seems like everyone decided to take one.

Just so you know, Cage was drafted into the Ultimate Knights back when EBJ was playing Daredevil, and I intend to finish out the roster sometime this season and assemble the team. If you don't mind, that is.

aight your approved Ed and Apprentice. :up:

EBJ, Feature and I had the whole origin for Hydro Man set up so I will shoot you a pm of what it is about.

Ok, First Scorpion post is up. Nick Fury speaks with a certain SHIELD officer, and I may have made a hint at who she could be in the future. ;) Hope you enjoy.

Hey guys im throwin down a reserve on Tarantula for my third character.

First BH post is up. Hope you all like it.

Just so you know, Cage was drafted into the Ultimate Knights back when EBJ was playing Daredevil, and I intend to finish out the roster sometime this season and assemble the team. If you don't mind, that is.

That could fit my plans perfectly :up: I'll talk to you about it in more depth on MSN at some point.

Ok, Feature PM me. I have no problem with having a history between Flint and Morrie...but I sort of picked up the character because I wanted to do my own take on his origin. I know you guys have a whole origin planned - which is why I brought it up before I posted the app - but I don't really want to do the character unless I have (mostly) free reign with the origin.

Anyone up for making a Luke Cage banner with the Defenders in the background?

Alright, I don't have time to PM you right now EBJ, but me and Syn did have pretty specific plans for Hydro-Man. He was going to be in my first post as Sandman, so I guess I'll have to change all that... Anyways, it doesn't really matter, we will probably have to use another character because the plans for Hydro-Man would honestly take up a ton of your time and therefore you wouldn't have free reign.

And Blacklight, please don't do anything with Colossus' little sister. I spent a good chunk of last season preparing an arc about his family and I really don't want it to be ruined. Please PM me about your plans.

First Roster Update of the season! Venom160 is Pyro, X:BL is Kitty, SSF is War Machine and no longer Silver Surfer, EBJ is Hydro-Man and no longer Gambit, and Apprentice is Luke Cage. If I missed anything or put anyone in the wrong category, let me know. Got a problem? Yo, I'LL SOLVE IT!!!

OFFICIAL SEASON 4 ROSTER

!HEROES!

THE ULTIMATES

Captain America
Spider-Man 9X17

Iron Man
Master Bruce

HULK
Marvels Finest

X-MEN

Wolverine
Byrd Man

Angel
Venom160

Dazzler
Noon

Charles Xavier
Feature

Nightcrawler
Cyrusbales

Iceman
Kaboom

Cyclops
Mr. Marko

Kitty Pryde
x-man:blacklight

FANTASTIC FOUR

Mr. Fantastic
Eddie Brock Jr.

!FREE AGENTS!

Spider-Man
Spider-Man 9X17

Scarlet Spider
Spideyssuperfan

Spider-Woman
Eddie Brock Jr.

Scorpion
Syn (Mercenary)

Emma Frost
Kaboom

Daredevil
Master Bruce

The Punisher
Master Bruce

Pyro
Venom160

War Machine
Spideyssuperfan

Luke Cage
Apprentice

THUNDERBOLTS

Sandman
Feature

Ghost Rider
byrd_man

Forge
Mr. Marko

Black Cat
Noon

!VILLAINS!

Venom
Syn (Mercenary)

Electro
Feature

Hammerhead
Cyrusbales

Blackheart
Syn (Mercenary)

The Hobgoblin
Spider-Man 9x17

Deadpool
Spideyssuperfan

Magneto
Mr. Marko

Hydro-Man
Eddie Brock Jr.

Feature, pending approval from other members, war machine will be an ultimate and spider woman is one already.:up:

Alright, I don't have time to PM you right now EBJ, but me and Syn did have pretty specific plans for Hydro-Man. He was going to be in my first post as Sandman, so I guess I'll have to change all that... Anyways, it doesn't really matter, we will probably have to use another character because the plans for Hydro-Man would honestly take up a ton of your time and therefore you wouldn't have free reign.

And Blacklight, please don't do anything with Colossus' little sister. I spent a good chunk of last season preparing an arc about his family and I really don't want it to be ruined. Please PM me about your plans.
We can work something out if you want to introduce the Morrie/Flint angle early...but it will either be A.) a flashback or B.) after Morrie gets his powers.

I'll make a Spider-Woman (and maybe Reed) post tonight.

EDIT: Don't do anything with Sandman until we work it out. I said that I would bow out if my plans with Morrie conflicted with yours. But the entire reason I picked him up is because I wanted to re-do the origin, and if that can't be compromised, then I'll find someone else.

Just a reminder, guys, if you're returning as a character, you don't need a new app. Only if you're switching characters. As well, current players don't need to do a smaple every time, just new players.

That said, Harry is gonna sit and rot in jail for a while...

Screen Name:
Spider-Man9x17

Character you would like to play: Thor

Powers and a brief description of the character in proper English: His devine heritage, as well as wielding the mystical hammer Mjolnir, which bestows him with the power to control thunder and lighting

1. We need more Ultimates

2. He's badass

3. If somebody gets out of line, I can crack a lightning bolt up their @$$

What can you bring to this game? Kick@$$ fights and smarmy humor

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: Whenever needed.

ultimate_thor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"