World The Ultimate Spider-Man Animated Series Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would have been cool if they made a comic book tie-in to add to that universe. They did that for the 90s animated series.

TSSM > 90s =/= Unlimited > Ultimate > Amazing Friends =/= 80s > 60s > MTV

TSSM may be the best incarnation of Spidey to date in animated form, but if there were a complete DVD series for SM:TAS available I take that over a the complete TSSM series anyday. One reason is simple math - 65 episodes vs. 26. And I don't think the gap between the two series is as big as some people make it, especially from a pure enjoyment perspective. I actually prefer some of the characterizations in the 90's series over TSSM, namely Asner's JJJ and Neil Ross' Norman (seperate from GG). Plus it had my second favorite rogue in the Hobgoblin. Even though it was Macendale, he was played wonderfully by Mark Hamill. :word:

TSSM > 90s =/= Unlimited > Ultimate > Amazing Friends =/= 80s > 60s > MTV

For me, Ultimate and MTV are my bottom two. I grew up watching the older ones on Toon Disney, so I loved them. Sure the characterization wasn't always perfect, but they had some pretty decent storylines.

No way is the 60s series better than the MTV

the 60's series is good ONLY in a nostalgic sense as the Spidey we watched on tv growing up back then... watching it NOW though, I really can't stay with it for very long... for ME, it tends to get very annoying in a very fast and short time...

though I grew up with the 60's series, I'll take the MTV series ANY day... I can stomach it MUCH more than the oldie...

the 60's series is good ONLY in a nostalgic sense as the Spidey we watched on tv growing up back then... watching it NOW though, I really can't stay with it for very long... for ME, it tends to get very annoying in a very fast and short time...

though I grew up with the 60's series, I'll take the MTV series ANY day... I can stomach it MUCH more than the oldie...
Easy to agree with :up:

Arcade episode with the Wolverine, Spidey, and Cap team-up was awesome.

Also, the first part of the Halloween special featuring Blade is now available for FREE on iTunes. It's a two-parter.

No Way! The MTV series was sooo way off in tone and everything. The only thing I liked about the show was how they did Spidey's eyes and how he moved.

To me, the worst Spider-Man shows are/were Unlimited, MTV, and Ultimate. The only shows that were really good as far as source material were Spectacular and the 90's show. The 60's may have been goofy, and it may be nostalgia, but there was some fun in the show. And I love the theme song! :woot:

No Way! The MTV series was sooo way off in tone and everything. The only thing I liked about the show was how they did Spidey's eyes and how he moved.

To me, the worst Spider-Man shows are/were Unlimited, MTV, and Ultimate. The only shows that were really good as far as source material were Spectacular and the 90's show. The 60's may have been goofy, and it may be nostalgia, but there was some fun in the show. And I love the theme song! :woot:

I'll have to go along with the above highlighted...

ok, I'll have to rate the Spidey shows in this order as to how I liked them...

#1 Spectacular
#2 TAS
#3 MTV
#4 60's
#5 Unlimited
#6 Ultimate

#4 I can take it or leave it now, depending on my mood when watching it...

#5 is pretty unwatchable...

#6 I thoroughly despise and detest with a passion to the point that I wish Loeb and Quesada would be slimed from above with a huge vat of steaming turds and then have a video of it posted on YouTube... (yeah, THAT'S how revolting I find the show... I figure that since they gave us s**t with USM, it would only be fair to return the favor)... :oldrazz:

Last edited:
I love the '60's series because of how many memes it has spawned. Some of my favorites:

tumblr_lrois2kYXm1qj41h3o1_500.jpg

smokey.jpg

There are some better ones, but they are a bit too colorful for posting. A Google search will yield a casket of laughter.

When does the new season start?

My top Spider-Man animated shows:

1. Ultimate Spider-man
2. Spider-Man the Animated Series
3. Spectacular Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends
5. 1980's Spider-Man show
6. MTV Spider-Man
7. Spider-Man Unlimited

No, no no.

The list goes like this:

1. Spectacular Spider-Man

2. Spider-Man the Animated Series

3. 1960's Spider-Man

4. 1980's Spider-Man show
5. Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends

6. Ultimate Spider-man
7. MTV Spider-Man
8. Spider-Man Unlimited

:woot:

I'll have to go along with the above highlighted...

ok, I'll have to rate the Spidey shows in this order as to how I liked them...

#1 Spectacular
#2 TAS
#3 MTV
#4 60's
#5 Unlimited
#6 Ultimate

#4 I can take it or leave it now, depending on my mood when watching it...

#5 is pretty unwatchable...

#6 I thoroughly despise and detest with a passion to the point that I wish Loeb and Quesada would be slimed from above with a huge vat of steaming turds and then have a video of it posted on YouTube... (yeah, THAT'S how revolting I find the show... I figure that since they gave us s**t with USM, it would only be fair to return the favor)... :oldrazz:

What? No Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends?!:oldrazz:

What? No Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends?!:oldrazz:

would you believe that to this day, I have NEVER seen one episode of that series?... I guess my priorities were more important back then and I was just too busy to getting around to watching it... I remember seeing a clip here and there from the show on occasion, and I remembered what I DID see didn't quite grab me, so I just never pursued watching it... and by the time I got back into watching animateds on tv again with the Marvel tv animateds in the mid 90's, that show was just too far back in history to go back and check them out, so I just moved on...

would you believe that to this day, I have NEVER seen one episode of that series?... I guess my priorities were more important back then and I was just too busy to getting around to watching it... I remember seeing a clip here and there from the show on occasion, and I remembered what I DID see didn't quite grab me, so I just never pursued watching it... and by the time I got back into watching animateds on tv again with the Marvel tv animateds in the mid 90's, that show was just too far back in history to go back and check them out, so I just moved on...

Ahh I getcha. Iceman and Spidey are two of my favorite characters so I'm a bit biased, but I absolutely loved that show. I'm sure it doesn't hold up all that amazingly now, but at the time it was great.

:

:up:
The only thing good about MTV Spidey was that Neil Patrick Harris did a better than average job as Peter/Spidey,but blugh...it was awful.

The MTV series is so underrated it hurts. NPH is my second favourite and I liked the grittier go it took. Even if you found it too dark Atleast it still portrayed the characters right.

To me, the MTV show tried to pander to the MTV "Real World" crowd that it TOTALLY felt nothing like a Spider-Man show.

The MTV Spider-man was okay. I felt they kind of wrote themselves into a corner trying to have it set in the same continuity as the Raimi movies. It also lacked important characters like Aunt May. And it had too many original villains. Some of those villains practically being ripoffs of the ones from the comics.

As for my list

1. Spectacular Spider-man
2. Spider-man TAS
3. Spider-man & His Amazing Friends
4. Spider-man TNAS
5. 60s Spider-man
6. Ultimate Spider-man

I haven't seen the other Spidey shows. I have heard that Unlimited wasn't very good though.

To me, the MTV show tried to pander to the MTV "Real World" crowd that it TOTALLY felt nothing like a Spider-Man show.

True.I also thought they were trying too hard for the "Smallville" crowd.Harry was practically a rip off of Lex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"