Arrow The Vertigo Thread!

I'm sure they will retcon in some way later on if needed.

So what your saying is they are bringing in Count Vertigo, but changing his character and name and not even call him Count or Vertigo? So what's his name John Doe?

Don't know, all that's been released is that he's a drug dealer and his name isn't Werner Vertigo.

Question: Loving Arrow. Got anything? —Nicole? Ausiello: The CW hit’s spin on the DC Comics character Count Vertigo — here, a drug dealer peddling a super-fix dubbed “Vertigo” — is sounding even bigger and badder than we first imagined. As played by Fringe‘s Seth Gabel, the series’ first bona fide supervillain “is going to present Oliver with a new problem, because it’s the first time his actions have possibly caused things to get worse,” EP Andrew Kreisberg tells us. “He will have turned this somewhat minor drug dealer into a real force of destruction.” As for the man behind the menace, Kreisberg says Gabel is no less than “phenomenal in the part. The dailies are just blowing us away.”

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/11/27/once-u...o/#utm_source=copypaste&utm_campaign=referral

So a guy that deals drugs called Vertigo is a re-imagining of Count Vertigo??? Um sounds fishy to me. May as well made him a new character.

That's what I've been saying, what's the point?

Agreed, know point in trying to please fans with comic lore and characters if they are just going to be changed in a way that defeats the purpose.

So a guy that deals drugs called Vertigo is a re-imagining of Count Vertigo??? Um sounds fishy to me. May as well made him a new character.

They did, he has a different name and does different things. But he's still inspired by the comic character. He's different, that's why he's a re-imagining and not an adaptation.

Meh, seems cheap to me lol. He's inspired by the DC character when they could have just made him the character? Hinkty very hinkty

Meh, seems cheap to me lol. He's inspired by the DC character when they could have just made him the character? Hinkty very hinkty

Because he wouldn't fit with the story they wanted to tell I imagine. Most people are speculating that Thea is going to be a victim of the drug. She's had a history with drugs in the show. If they used the character as is in the comics and still build up to what they want to build up to, her vice would have to be flying to foreign countries. :oldrazz:

Not necessarily. Why would she have to go to foreign countries. All those things could easily happen in Starling City. The writers just chose not to make him Vertigo. Maybe the real Vertigo will show up in later seasons much to fan demands.

Yeah, it just makes no sense. I also hate when they have villains appear or heroes for that matter and don't use their names? Just have a reporter or someone give the names if it's too hard for writers to figure a way for Arrow to start calling himself Green Arrow. Geesh.

At least Batman was smart enough to tell everyone, "I'm Batman!" Think he was really going to let someone don him a name, nope. Batman knew what he wanted to be called lol.

Lol,yeah,why use a dorky name like Green Arrow when we have such gems like "The Hood" and "The Local Vigilante" to choose from?:o

See, Green Lantern bombed because it had 'Green' in the title, so you can't use green anymore.

You all need to put a nickel in the "whine about everything" jar.

You like the show as is, fine. But if I think it's doing something stupid, I'm gonna call it out.

You like the show as is, fine. But if I think it's doing something stupid, I'm gonna call it out.
:up: seconded.

Haven't we already gone through this with "The Blur"?Why hold back?Ollie's in costume,been out there for weeks and he even calls himself Arrow in the pilot if I remember correctly.

C'mon,CW, and man up already.At least call him Arrow.:whatever:

Yeah, because that's totally the CW's call. :whatever:

Yeah, that's the show runners, they fail to realize something based off of a comic book can be fun without being campy. Having a character called Green Arrow is just too silly, among other things.

The show is fun. And I don't see how having characters say "Green Arrow" in the show is fun and not just a detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"