Arrow Arrow Season 2 Episode 20 : "Seeing Red" Rate and Review Thread

I really don't understand Sarah's sudden obsession with wanting to kill Roy. It seemed to come out of no where.:huh:

It wasn't personal. The kid was out of control, and she's an out-of-work assassin. Do the math.

I really don't understand Sarah's sudden obsession with wanting to kill Roy. It seemed to come out of no where.:huh:

She went through the exact same situation 5 years ago with Slade. And Roy was rampaging through the streets, juiced on Mirakuru, almost killing civilians, actually killing a Cop, hurt Sin, and was about to break Thea's neck.

I wouldn't call it a sudden obsession. She just realized that you can't simply lock up someone with super strength. Especially one who is a danger to everyone else, because the Mirakuru warped his mind.

Sure, they eventually sedated him, but that Pit Viper venom won't last forever. And if the cure is still not ready, what then?

Sarah has threatened to kill or inflict serious damage on Roy before. What happened last night is hardly new or an out of character moment for her unlike Jaime Lannister.

True, she was ready to put an arrow through him, when he hurt Diggle.

And now he's not only hurt a girl she swore to protect, but killed a cop that just as easily could've been her father.

Yeah I bet Roy killing that cop comes into play next season somehow. I can see him going to jail for it and getting recruited by Waller to join the Suicide Squad leading him to become Arsenal.

Fantastic episode, I loved the Roy Hulk stuff, I was sure Thea would talk him down but he seemed to have merely a flicker of himself until Sara shot him and suddenly Roy poked through the red mist. I am interested to see where he goes from here given the dead cop.

It was also cool to know that the side effects of Mirakuru is to see hot chicks that give you bad ideas, it's not just a Slade thing.

The kid stuff is out of the blue and will no doubt be revisited, I'm interested to know who the mom is as I'm guessing she'll be a DC character.

Sara's choice to leave and split with Ollie was a bit abrupt and yet felt natural at the same time, I think it's an interesting opportunity to do more with her. I'm guessing the old friend is Nyssa.

Susanna Thompson was excellent in both the present and flashback scenes, the way it all tied together Moira's love for her two children only made the moment where Slade filleted her even more devastating. I also loved the way Amell's body language conveys what a different person Ollie is pre and post Island, just a totally different presence.

Slade...damn, he just went to another level. We knew a "choice" scene was coming (didn't expect Thea/Moira) and I had a feeling something bad was gonna happen when Ollie, Moira and Thea were talking truth in the limo. Still, I was half expecting the Dark Archer to make the save. :(

Slade says one more person has to die, whoever it is my guess is Ollie stops him this time, he has to or it's utter defeat even if he kills Slade.

My exact thoughts, though I expected the kid stuff at some point because Ollie has a couple of sons in the comics.

I truly did not see Moira's death coming. Now Thea has to deal with her mom dying while she held a grudge against her. Ollie will feel guilty. I applaud this show for its courage to take chances.

Intense ending to a good ep. Moira!

Regardless, this ep was definitely a game changer..things are never going to be the same…and i was surprised that Moira told Ollie she knows about his alter-ego..in so many words.

Too bad she didn't have the chance to tell them that Malcolm was still alive.

I assume that the women that Moira paid off to tell Ollie she lost the baby will somehow come back to bit him in the ass in later seasons….

You have to remember that Sara used to work with the League of Assassins. So that shouldn't be a surprise. Besides, Sara has killed before, especially in episode 4 of this season where Ollie told her "you have to forgive". But she proceeded to kill him anyways. Another scene where she threw her baton in episode 3 at Dollmaker.

Last edited:
Yeah I bet Roy killing that cop comes into play next season somehow. I can see him going to jail for it and getting recruited by Waller to join the Suicide Squad leading him to become Arsenal.

Given how everyone has beat a trial so far, it would be a shame someone who has such a clear insanity defense would be convicted.

I think how Roy killing that cop will play into the future is masked vigilantes will become public enemy number one in Starling. The law doesnt like them now but they are tolerable after this. I expect a task force to be formed that hunts them specifically. Which could lead to some nice stories.

I thought Arrow was going to be blamed for killing that cop seeing as how the cop was killed with an arrow, that was left at the scene….

Intense ending to a good ep. Moira!

Regardless, this ep was definitely a game changer..things are never going to be the same…and i was surprised that Moira told Ollie she knows about his alter-ego..in so many words.

Too bad she didn't have the chance to tell them that Malcolm was still alive.

I assume that the women that Moira paid off to tell Ollie she lost the baby will somehow come back to bit him in the ass in later seasons….

That was my biggest problem with the ep.It seemed like a blatant case of: "Ollie's getting too close to someone.Gotta keep the various shippers happy.Someone come up with something to keep Sara off him for a while!"

tumblr_mrrkn6X7j21sdzyf0o1_500.gif

You have to remember that Sara used to work with the League of Assassins. So that shouldn't be a surprise. Besides, Sara has killed before, especially in episode 4 of this season where Ollie told her "you have to forgive". But she proceeded to kill him anyways. Another scene where she threw her baton in episode 3 at Dollmaker.

Sara didn't kill the Mayor guy in ep 4, she just knocked him out. Blood killed him later when he injected him with Mirakuru.

Sara's killed 3 people since she's been back and 2 were assassins sent to kill her. Ollie killed 27 people his first year and the Count this year. Sara's shown a lot more restraint than Oliver during his first year. Plus she had the chance to kill Roy but she shot him in the leg instead of the head. She only really looked like she would kill him when Roy begged her too.

Sara didn't kill the Mayor guy in ep 4, she just knocked him out. Blood killed him later when he injected him with Mirakuru.

Sara's killed 3 people since she's been back and 2 were assassins sent to kill her. Ollie killed 27 people his first year and the Count this year. Sara's shown a lot more restraint than Oliver during his first year. Plus she had the chance to kill Roy but she shot him in the leg instead of the head. She only really looked like she would kill him when Roy begged her too.

Thanks for clearing that. I lost count on how many.

Sara was also about to kill Huntress back in episode 17. The only reason why she didn't was because Laurel begged her not to.

So she's killed 3 people (2 League members and the Dollmaker) and was talked out of killing 3 other people. She's still shown far more restraint her first year back in Starling than Oliver did.

I also feel that Slade chose to kill Moira because he needs Blood to win we see a very angered Blood after the speech. The opportunity presented itself to 1) get Blood to win and 2) hurt Olliver at the same time.

Yeah,Felicity and Digg have been spared Slade's wrath for the most part.(And arguably they are closest to him.)If Slade is going to kill anybody else,he'll try for Felicity,I think.

It will blindside Ollie as well because his focus will be on his immediate family, most notably Thea.

My exact thoughts, though I expected the kid stuff at some point because Ollie has a couple of sons in the comics.

I truly did not see Moira's death coming. Now Thea has to deal with her mom dying while she held a grudge against her. Ollie will feel guilty. I applaud this show for its courage to take chances.

Yeah, I can see quite a few did, I've only read a few GA books.

It really has been a very bold season, especially given the network it's on, I think the runners have done a brilliant job, as has the cast.

So she's killed 3 people (2 League members and the Dollmaker) and was talked out of killing 3 other people. She's still shown far more restraint her first year back in Starling than Oliver did.

How many did Oliver kill in cold blood, though? I seem to recall the vase majority shooting at him or ready to shoot at him.

So 2 league members and the Dollmaker were cold blood?

Oliver went to those places with the intention to kill someone, then killed their guards because they were in the way. So technically Oliver attacked first and they did their job.

Sara is a flat out killer of anyone she perceives as a threat. Even if that threat isn't immediately putting her in danger. She didn't have to kill the LOA guy cause she already won but the threat was their in the future. The were a couple factors that made her spare Roy and that was Sin, Thea and Ollie. If they aren't there he's a dead man no doubt about it. Those things don't make her a bad person just ****ed up right now.

So 2 league members and the Dollmaker were cold blood?

The Dollmaker was lying on the ground with two arrows in him. He was subdued and no longer an immediate threat, and then Sara just flat out executed him. The one LOA guy was beaten, and Sara killed him anyway. So yes, that would be classified as "cold blooded." She didn't kill them in the heat of battle, she out and out executed them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"