The Walking Dead The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 15 "This Sorrowful Life" Discussion Thread

Yeah that was actually Rick's fault Oscar died. He was hallucinating about Shane (which was actually Oscar's killer) in the middle of a gunfight (of all places) and could've prevented Oscar's death. If Rick had killed or shot the shooter before he got a shot off at Oscar. Maybe Oscar would've made it out of Woodbury alive that night. Tbh, I knew Oscar wouldn't make it out alive the moment he volunteered to help Rick, Michonne and Daryl. If the writers are too afraid to write off a major character than write off a minor one instead. Just like they with Axel. That seems to be the case with some of these eps.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that it was the shooter who was actually at fault for shooting and killing Oscar.

Would it have been great if Rick (or anyone else, for that matter) would have stopped or intercepted the shooter before he pulled the trigger? Of course, but it was still the shooter's decision that really killed Oscar.

Well yeah it was the shooter's fault that Oscar died. Since he's the one who killed Oscar, but it still doesn't change the fact that Rick could've prevented that from happening. Guaranteed if Andrea was in the same position as Rick and let Oscar die. Nobody would defend her or make excuses for her like some are doing for Rick. No offense but Rick could've prevented Oscar's death, but he gets off b/c he's the lead character.

Well yeah it was the shooter's fault that Oscar died. Since he's the one who killed Oscar, but it still doesn't change the fact that Rick could've prevented that from happening. Guaranteed if Andrea was in the same position as Rick and let Oscar die. Nobody would defend her or make excuses for her like some are doing for Rick. No offense but Rick could've prevented Oscar's death, but he gets off b/c he's the lead character.

There's just no protecting the black characters on the Walking Dead

You know what gets me is that Rick tells Axel that Oscar "died fighting" or something to that extent. No Rick! Oscar died because you didn't cover him when he was helping Glenn get over that barricade. The sad thing is, when Andrew was causing havoc at the prison, Oscar saved Rick by shooting Andrew instead of him. He could've easily killed Rick (with his own gun no less) or let Andrew kill him with that ax, but he didn't. He proved to Rick that he's loyal and earned Rick's trust in the group. Oh well. I'll stop ranting, but that scene when Oscar dies always frustrates me b/c it could've easily been prevented.

Last edited:
Thinking about it now, it really does kind of suck they didn't save at least one prisoner. Axel's shock value death robbed us of some great potential I think.

It's totally Rick's fault for choosing the particular way he reacted to his wife's death. :o

Thinking about it now, it really does kind of suck they didn't save at least one prisoner. Axel's shock value death robbed us of some great potential I think.

I don't know. I wasn't buying Axel's stories wholesale. I still didn't trust him to the end. I think that bullet may have saved the group from a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"