The Dark Knight The weapon of choice - The Joker and his knives

in the cartoon (not sure about the comics since I didn't grow up on Batman comics) they portrayed Joker being able to fight Batman hand to hand. Who knows if they'll use this or not. I hope not since Joker hasn't fought Batman enough or at all to know his moves yet to be any match. Hope he uses dirty tricks :)

not really, he would try to punch batman, and batman would just catch his hand and punch him in the face...

joker is more of a kicker...he likes kicking people...especially when they are down...and it looks like Ledgers is not different as we can see from the leaked pics

there is nothing more cheesy or more lame then when a character in a movie starts friggin flipping around knives and all sorts of crap like hes a ninja turtle showing off his ninja skills. thatll never happen. That crap only works in like robert rodriguez movies.

I LOVVEE SHARP OBJECTS!!! HAHAHAH:hoboj:

But seriously, as it has been stated time and time again, I think he'll use the knives for his "Artistic Smiles". Combat on the other hand...I think he'll stick to firearms and hand-to-hand.

Well, true...I guess I was thinkin back at Batman Beyond Return of the Joker...lol

I wonder if Ledger's Joker will use the acid like in the comic....

Some time ago there was this thread about the Jokers fighting skills and how much of a physical threat he will be to Batman. I'm guessing not much. He's no ninja and he's not particularly strong or anything. Although he does fight dirty and there's always the element of surprise when dealing with the Joker. And he's familiar with firearms.

But what about those badass knives? Do you guys think that they are an integral part of the character? After all, he is holding one in the poster and "has nothing but knives in his pockets".

Just how skilled do you think he is with those knives? I hope he's not just some random stabber. I hope we get to see some cool knife play. You know. Maybe one or two scenes where the Joker is doing some cool and quick move with a knife.

You think the Joker is going to cut/stab Batman in this movie? Yeah I know what they say about Batmans suit..."this sucker will stop a knife". But maybe the Joker is such a knife expert that he's able to find a weak spot. A joint or something.

Nice post. Yeah, I think he'll be pretty much a expert with knifes. I think they'll just be his favorite weapon, maybe he uses knifes because thats the way he was scarred or something, thats how he got his smile right? I want him to put a good whooping on Batman, and you know, Bats is probably going to get hurt in some kind of fashion by the Joker. He has too. But yeah, hope the Joker does some kind of tricks with knifes, like how Revolver Ocelot masters his guns.

Some time ago there was this thread about the Jokers fighting skills and how much of a physical threat he will be to Batman. I'm guessing not much. He's no ninja and he's not particularly strong or anything. Although he does fight dirty and there's always the element of surprise when dealing with the Joker. And he's familiar with firearms.

But what about those badass knives? Do you guys think that they are an integral part of the character? After all, he is holding one in the poster and "has nothing but knives in his pockets".

Just how skilled do you think he is with those knives? I hope he's not just some random stabber. I hope we get to see some cool knife play. You know. Maybe one or two scenes where the Joker is doing some cool and quick move with a knife.

You think the Joker is going to cut/stab Batman in this movie? Yeah I know what they say about Batmans suit..."this sucker will stop a knife". But maybe the Joker is such a knife expert that he's able to find a weak spot. A joint or something.

He :hoboj: also have lints.

as for my interpretation here ...a lint and some knives insted of a wallet and a paper clip...just should show for what he cares ...he's a maniac, i mean who wears a knife in his pocket? maybe one ...ok, but a few ....they are his torture devices....or maybe because he was scared by a knife himself, he wears them around ...i mean im ****ing scared by snakes for no reason never saw one exept in a zoo ...but if one would have bitten me, and i would have an ugly scar ....maybe i would go insane for snakes and buy a lot of them having them at home and stuff....other than that knifes always fascinated me ...when ever i see swords and knife i would like to buy em all ....just to have em ...maybe he wears em as a trophy?...whatever.... it's a psychological aspect i guess...just to show how insane he is

Nice post. Yeah, I think he'll be pretty much a expert with knifes. I think they'll just be his favorite weapon, maybe he uses knifes because thats the way he was scarred or something, thats how he got his smile right? I want him to put a good whooping on Batman, and you know, Bats is probably going to get hurt in some kind of fashion by the Joker. He has too. But yeah, hope the Joker does some kind of tricks with knifes, like how Revolver Ocelot masters his guns.

Yeah, I think Joker should kick the living crap out of Batman, or at least cause him some pain. It'd come off boring if Batman just wipes the floor with Joker (he can do that in the interrogation room).

And also remember that Batman is still new to the whole vigilante thing. He hasn't faced anyone like the Joker before, and hasn't really gone up with some tough decisions to make. I think that adds even more of a psychological aspect to their relationship.

Yeah, I think Joker should kick the living crap out of Batman, or at least cause him some pain. It'd come off boring if Batman just wipes the floor with Joker (he can do that in the interrogation room).

And also remember that Batman is still new to the whole vigilante thing. He hasn't faced anyone like the Joker before, and hasn't really gone up with some tough decisions to make. I think that adds even more of a psychological aspect to their relationship.
Very true.

I want him to put a good whooping on Batman, and you know, Bats is probably going to get hurt in some kind of fashion by the Joker.

I somewhat agree but how on earth is he going to do that?

Batman is stronger, quicker, more agile etc. than the Joker. Even with knives the Joker should not be able to go toe to toe with the dark knight. I mean physically the Joker is more like Scarecrow than Ra's. And using fear gas was the only way Scarecrow was able to hurt Batman.

So yeah, the Joker is able to put Batman in a tight spot by shooting at him with a friggin' bazooka and by threatening other people(Rachel, Gordon etc.). But other than that, how is he going to hurt him? I assume that the Joker wants to kill Batman eventually and I assume that there will be some kind of mano a mano showdown in the end. And that showdown can't be all about Batman beating up the Joker cuz that would be boring.

So there has to be something that gives the Joker the upperhand. I just wonder what it is...

veni vidi vanish.......again.....we know where to get this if we want ...stop posting this link....

He :hoboj: also have lints.

loljokerwg5.jpg

It's funny - many people agree that Joker is no match for Batman phsyically, yet in his first appearance, Joker punches, kicks, and throws Batman right off a bridge.

Obviously, Joker isn't some kind of judo-esque martial arts fighter, and he isn't "strong" in the traditional sense. But the comics described him as being quick and fast, with almost having the intuition and speed of a cat.

He has a flair for avoiding death and getting the drop on someone. That, and he's viscious as hell, laughing in the face of danger. Just look at the trailer - the semi flips, he just gets up and approaches the Batpod on foot while firing. The guy has no sense of human fear.

Regarding the knives, it's just another thing that reminds me of Nolan's Joker being similar to Bill the Butcher from "Gangs of New York." He was good with knives, too (obviously), and it wouldn't surprise me if Joker, while not being able to "fight" with them, could throw them quick n' deadly.

I see A LOT of "Bill The Butcher" in the new joker
(and thats a good thing)

billthebutcher3wj.jpg

Found this knife fight, really nice, and the bad guy seems really nuts.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/v/7sewNiITiOs&rel=1[/YT]

as for the agility....as seen in the prologue like he is jumping on the seat of the bus i guess hes i very quick and especially unpredictable....at least he wont dither around after punching batman in his armoured belly ...and he wont show that his hand is hurting either;-)

It's funny - many people agree that Joker is no match for Batman phsyically, yet in his first appearance, Joker punches, kicks, and throws Batman right off a bridge.

The difference is, Batman's fighting background was not completely known within these early years- the first appearance of Joker being 1940. In this series Batman is established as a man who is very skilled in many forms of material arts, he can take down several ninjas at once, and even hold his own against their leader Ra's Al Ghul, a man who may or may not be immortal.

And after all of this it would seem a bit like a joke(hehe pun) for Joker to actually be able to fight Batman in hand to hand combat. At most, Joker would only be able to possibly stand a chance if he uses weapons like crow bars, and his knives. If Batman can defeat his mentor Ra's Al Ghul or match arms with him, someone like Joker is definitely not a physical match without the use of dirty tactics.

Obviously, Joker isn't some kind of judo-esque martial arts fighter, and he isn't "strong" in the traditional sense. But the comics described him as being quick and fast, with almost having the intuition and speed of a cat.

He has a flair for avoiding death and getting the drop on someone. That, and he's viscious as hell, laughing in the face of danger. Just look at the trailer - the semi flips, he just gets up and approaches the Batpod on foot while firing. The guy has no sense of human fear.

Regarding the knives, it's just another thing that reminds me of Nolan's Joker being similar to Bill the Butcher from "Gangs of New York." He was good with knives, too (obviously), and it wouldn't surprise me if Joker, while not being able to "fight" with them, could throw them quick n' deadly.

Agreed on all points here :up:

well its an interesting idea of the joker wielding his knives in a fight.

Its funny how some people here asume that he has to be a knive expert to be good with them, rem ember folks nolan is borrowing ideas from joker's first two appearences more so than from TKJ, and in that first appearence not only joker was a physical threat but he was fast, had good reflexes. Remember the man who laughs i nwhich batman states how fast joker is? so even if he's not a skilled fighter he could have to things, he's a maniac and doesn't mind getting hurt and possibly even enjoys pain to a certain extent, plus I could imagine the joker suddenly slashing people(cops,mobstersbats etc.) with those knives he would probably hide them since the knives are quite small and then when he's close enough he would pull them out of his sleeves even and slash his victim with them. It would be cool to see like two cops pointing guns at him and then as they get close he throws one knive to the arm of one cop, the cop's gun would fall and then he would move closer slash the cop then stab him and use him as a human shield to cover from the other cop and laugh while doing it.
:hoboj:
Like V in the final scene? :wow:
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLqEWDo1VQk[/YT]

I swear that'll be the last video post from me of the day!:woot:

The argument that the Joker is a 'dirty fighter' ( as if Batman is a 'clean' fighter)is really of no consequence.

The way Batman fights is as dirty as it gets.While the Joker is certainly no match strength wise, he makes up for it in his speed, reflexes and sheer unpredictabilty( in a way that none of batman's other foes have).That's what he's got going for him.

For those of you, who havent seen GONY there are a couple of clips below

at about 2:09 in the first vid, you can see daniel day lewis giving someone a chelsea grin.

Batman uses fear as his weapon, but the Joker has no sense of human fear.

Correlation?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"