The Witcher 3

CDPR seem to rarely F up. One of the best devs for fans out there.

NEWSThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will get another PS4 Pro patch to fix game crashing issues Oct 14, 2017
http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-wi...pro-patch-to-fix-game-crashing-issues-3460276

2015 Game of the Year, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt got its PS4 Pro patch at long last recently, despite developer CD...

Read more

Also with

Lastly

• CD Projekt Red Issues Statement Regarding Company Morale

News
    hot-post.png

on Oct 16, 2017 at 11:38 AM

CD Projekt Red, the developer behind the Witcher series and the upcoming Cyberpunk 2077, posted a response today regarding allegations of a poor work environment.
    ... More

source: Gamezone&
GI

Last edited:

Also with

NEWSThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt runs at 60 FPS on Xbox One X without patches Nov 9, 2017
http://www.gamezone.com/news/the-wi...-60-fps-on-xbox-one-x-without-patches-3461120

Now that the world is finally getting their hands on the Xbox One X, people are finding different ways to test the...Read more

Lastly
NEWSSomeone remade The Witcher prologue in The Witcher 3's engine and it's incredible Yesterday at 11:34 pm
http://www.gamezone.com/news/someon...itcher-3-s-engine-and-it-s-incredible-3461152

The Witcher series is widely regarded as some of the best RPGs of all-time. While the series began as more of a...

Read more

source: Gamezone

Last edited:
This series has some of the best prologues/openings in all of games.

So no idea what this is, but it comes out this month:

I just want a remake of the first game, and a current-gen version of The Witcher 2.

I don't even want a Witcher 4. But I would like the opportunity to play the first two games.

Last edited:
So no idea what this is, but it comes out this month
Pretty much Gwent with RPG elements. It was supposed to be the SP mode for the Gwent online card game, but CDPR decided to make it stand-alone.

I just want a remake of the first game, and a current-gen version of The Witcher 3.

I don't even want a Witcher 4. But I would like the opportunity to play the first two games.
I'm currently re-playing the first one with mods (overhauled interface, graphics...). It definitely looks better than from what I remember when I first played it years back but combat mechanics still feel clunky as ****.

As for a PS4 Pro/X1 Scorpio release for W3, eh I reckon CDPR can better spend their resources somewhere else. PS5? Sure I guess...

I think Vile meant the Witcher 2, not 3 there. Which I completely agree with.

I think Vile meant the Witcher 2, not 3 there. Which I completely agree with.

Oops sorry, I meant current-gen for Witcher 2, since it only came out on Xbox 360 and PC.

I imagine it would take probably a lot more time and work, but basically, I would like an overhauled Witcher 1 with the updated combat and mechanics from the Witcher 3.

If they did it right, it would totally sell.

So no idea what this is, but it comes out this month:

Gameplay:

this is a spin off from the game Qwent game I wanted to put it up but I notice qwent it's was well recieved and I took a wait & se. here are the details in this article

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is more than a card game – it’s an RPG for diehard fans
18 hours ago
Thronebreaker should please fans of The Witcher RPGs and Gwent Grandmasters, but it might be trying to do too much at once.
For diehard Witcher fans, Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales offers a look at the Continent from a new perspective – a unique, complex story arranged with the same narrative excellence that originally drew so many people to the fantasy trilogy. If you’re a Gwent Grandmaster, there’s a fleshed out single-player experience and plenty of room for experimentation with new cards and a variety of twists on the formula. But if you enjoyed Geralt’s adventures without necessarily falling into either of those two camps, CD Projekt Red’s latest adventure is a bit of a hard sell.

Thronebreaker is an RPG built around an adapted version of The Witcher 3’s in-game card game, Gwent. It focuses on Meve, the warrior queen of the twin realms of Lyria and the somewhat more famous Rivia. Set a few years before the events of the Witcher trilogy, the game opens as Meve returns from a peace summit to find that her realm’s appointed caretakers have let things slip. As she arrives in the first of the game’s five maps, Lyria, Meve and her army are met by collections of ghouls and bandits. But a few monsters and an ambitious band of ne’er-do-wells soon prove to be the least of her worries.Read more

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales and Gwent: The Witcher Card Game launch October 23 for PC, December 4 for PS4 and Xbox One
Published 1 week ago. 12 comments.

source: PCGN &Gematsu

Last edited:
Witcher 2 still holds up, imo. The first one needs a remake desperately.

There is something very wrong with this man

the_witcher_3_2-213x120.jpg

Witcher author demands $16 million from CD Projekt
4 days ago | 20 Comments
The author of The Witcher book series is demanding 60 million Polish Zloty (roughly $16 million USD) in royalties from game developer CD Projekt. A statement posted by CD Projekt overnight shows that Andrzej Sapkowski, who published eight Witcher novels between 1992 and 2013, “expects payment of additional royalties between himself” and the developer of the acclaimed Witcher trilogy.

CD Projekt says that on October 1, it “received an official demand for payment filed by plenipotentiaries of Mr Andrzej Sapkowski.” The author expects royalties in addition to the deal he made to sell the rights to his novel series to the developer in the early 2000s.

An English translation of a letter from Sapkowski’s lawyers claims that “the compensation remitted to the author is too low given the benefits obtained in association with the use of that author’s work.” Assuming a typical royalty rate of “approximately 5-15% of the profits generated”, Sapkowski’s lawyers are asking for 6% “of the profits obtained” from CDPR’s use of The Witcher. Based on a report from CDPR,Read more

source: PCGN

Yeah what's wrong with him is he is a snob and an *******. The worst type of author. I understand wanting a piece of the pie. But hes turned down offers for a bigger slice of the pie before, hes talked down the games and CDPR, and pretty much **** on his own creation for years. And now suddenly he wants a huge paycheck from CDPR? Well, **** him.

Here's more game play of that thronebraker ip from the witcher universe.
both Geralt & Yennifer are mentioned by one of the characters in this too

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales 37-minute gameplay walkthrough
Published 18 hours ago. 7 comments.
A look at the game's first act.

Thronebreaker_10-12-18.jpg

CD Projekt RED has released a 37-minute gameplay walkthrough of Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales.

The walkthrough focuses on the game’s first act and features both story and gameplay, as well as turn-based card battle combat. Commentary is provided by CD Projekt RED community manager Pawel Burza.

Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales is due out for PC on October 23, followed by PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on December 4.

Watch the footage below.

source: Gematsu

Got to admit, the Metro author going after Sapkowski is kind of amusing.

But Dmitry Glukhovsky is right. Without the video games, there's no Netflix deal for Sapkowski.

5 hours ago
METRO 2033 Author Calls THE WITCHER's Andrzej Sapkowski An "Old Fool" For Suing CDP Red
According to author of the Metro 2033 series Dmitry Glukhovsky, Andrzej Sapkowski, acclaimed creator of The Witcher, is "an ungrateful schmuck" for trying to get more money out of developer CD Projekt Red...Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

oh yeah it's really some thing the past few month that other authors have been saying how foolish he is as well

Played a bit of Thronebreaker and did two fights already. I didn't play much of Gwent in W3 so I don't remember much of the mechanics but I'm enjoying so far (the isometric perspective during exploration is a huge plus for me).

Witcher_3_fps.jpg

The Witcher 4 release date – all the latest details on the new Witcher game

5 days ago |
We know that the beautiful Beauclair sun has set for now on Geralt’s adventures in The Witcher series, depending on how your epic story ended. However, we simply can’t be without monsters to slay and humans to lay, and The Witcher 4 would be the finest way to do it for another hundred hours.

With more game of the year awards than any other game in history and over 25 million in sales, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was some achievement. For many, The Witcher 3 wasn’t just game of the year of 2015, but the game of the generation, with its spellbinding, nuanced story and captivating fantasy world.

Making The Witcher 4 is a no-brainer. However, it’s going to be some time before we can set out into the most wonderful realisation of Andrzej Sapkowski’s medieval world once again. That said, >>Read more

https://www.pcgamesn.com/the-witcher-4

source:
user-6.png
PC Games news and reviews from PCGamesN.com

CD Projekt to launch Witcher 3 game for Nintendo Switch in 2019 (Bloomberg). Not sure if that's old news as I'm not up to date on E3. (the news just flashed up for me so I thought I'd pass on just in case).

Confirmed Geralt of Riverina for smash brothers lol. No just kidding. It’s wonderful news though. The switch is a noble system

You have to give it to CDPR. They didn't announce 100 projects based on Witcher after the success of W3, basically leaving it at the height of popularity. Now someone else will try to reap the rewards. To me, as a gamer, it means a lot. It means self-expression, not mad franchising.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"