The Witcher 3

I'm surprised the author was willing to cooperate and make a new deal

I hope he, his legal team and representation were smart enough to realize a deal is in his best financial interests as well. And under a new deal, he and his family can likely profit off of future releases. Sapkowski is not a young man. It does him no good to be fighting a losing battle in court with CDPR for years and years.

Yeah and it makes me so angry.
He has **** on the games and Adaptions in general for years, and now that unlikeable Bastard gets more money and exposure with this and the netflix Show.
Really not fair...but hey, more witcher is always good.

No reason to be angry about it. Both parties came together and agreed to a mutual deal and compromise. This is how business works. This way, both sides will benefit and they won't have to drag out some painful, frivolous lawsuit.

No reason to be angry about it. Both parties came together and agreed to a mutual deal and compromise. This is how business works. This way, both sides will benefit and they won't have to drag out some painful, frivolous lawsuit.

Yeah i get it from a business standpoint sure.
But he had nothing but disdain for the witcher games, for his own books, he sneered at the Game of Thrones adaptions and in general about how movies, tv shows, games are bad...how himself said he only wrote the books for money, how greedy companies steal the soul of books and all this ****.

From a personal standpoint i just dont like that this man now benefits from everything he smeared for years.

Damn. He sounds even worse than Alan Moore

CD Projekt have apparently made a deal on game rights with the author.

This...

"The agreement grants CD PROJEKT new rights, as well as confirms the company’s title to “The Witcher” intellectual property in video games, graphic novels, board games, and merchandise."

Has me really excited. I'm hoping those new rights are rights to publish new stories in novel form. Letting CDPR commission authors to expand the world in novels alongside future Witcher games would be great. Cause I really doubt Andrzej will ever write another Witcher novel.

Next Witcher game: Ciri or Geralt for the protagonist?

I would like a new Witcher from a new school set a decade or so after Wild Hunt. 3's endings were just so good and felt like a finale for both of them but of course I wouldn't mind Geralt again with Ciri having a dlc story expansion or maybe just both and each having different beginnings that connect together later on.

This...

"The agreement grants CD PROJEKT new rights, as well as confirms the company’s title to “The Witcher” intellectual property in video games, graphic novels, board games, and merchandise."

Has me really excited. I'm hoping those new rights are rights to publish new stories in novel form. Letting CDPR commission authors to expand the world in novels alongside future Witcher games would be great. Cause I really doubt Andrzej will ever write another Witcher novel.
Any word on whether this deal has an expiry date? Would be awesome if they had this for good and could think about long term strategies. I don’t want this universe to die off and would love to see more material in all forms.

Next Witcher game: Ciri or Geralt for the protagonist?
I would like a new Witcher from a new school set a decade or so after Wild Hunt. 3's endings were just so good and felt like a finale for both of them but of course I wouldn't mind Geralt again with Ciri having a dlc story expansion or maybe just both and each having different beginnings that connect together later on.
I’m open to Ciri, Geralt or a new Witcher. Whoever is main character, I hope we see the others somewhere in the story too though.

I don't want a random generated witcher game. Either Ciri, Geralt or Yennefer should be the protagonist.

I don't believe in "happily ever after" endings like Witcher 3 suggests. Considering how unstable and violent the world of Witcher is, I doubt that's how their lives would continue. And alright, it will do for endings for that particular game, but saying that there's no room to continue their story is nonsense. If there's enough inspiration, there's always a way to find a new adventure. Plus Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer - faces of the franchise.

I don't want a random generated witcher game. Either Ciri, Geralt or Yennefer should be the protagonist.

I don't believe in "happily ever after" endings like Witcher 3 suggests. Considering how unstable and violent the world of Witcher is, I doubt that's how their lives would continue. And alright, it will do for endings for that particular game, but saying that there's no room to continue their story is nonsense. If there's enough inspiration, there's always a way to find a new adventure. Plus Geralt, Ciri and Yennefer - faces of the franchise.

I could honestly go with a game where you create your own witcher but i could see the game being less invested storywise and characterwise.
Comes down to how CDPR does Cyberpunk where you have your own character too.

Ciri seems the most likely, cant see a witcher game with Yennefer and TW3 "ended" Geralts story for now nicely.
But you can always do more Geralt stuff since he never gave up doing that.

I'd be fine with Ciri but would prefer Geralt. It'd be weird not to play as him anymore and would miss him

Thanks man yeah and it’s The Complete Edition too. For that price can’t go wrong.

Yeah with both expansions there is around 150 - 200 hours of content. I put 300 hours into a single play through. So you're getting a lot of bang for your buck.

From Bloomberg: CD Projekt Gains as Netflix Revives Interest in Old Witcher Game. Shares in Poland's biggest computer gamemaker rise as much as 1.8% in the year's trading day in Warsaw, fueled by reports on revived interest in its 4-year-old Witcher 3 title.

I got the Complete Edition last night too for $15. It was long on my list to eventually play but it wasn't until I watched the Netflix series that I decided to buy Wild Hunt and then bonus, on sale. :D

I am aware the television series diverges quite a bit from the game material but the game itself was already on my list well before the series was announced.

got the Complete Edition on sale, too. the show got me interested in the characters, story, and lore.

No surprises the Netflix show has renewed interest and/or made new fans of the game series.

There's over 90k concurrent players playing the game on Steam. :hehe:

Good! The game still holds up and deserves to be played again by old and new fans

you’ll love it! I hated the second one but I loved the first one. Very epic

Man you are so lucky. I have a hard time replaying games(even though I want to) but especially big RPGs. I think Id literally pay a few hundred dollars to have the ability to play Witcher 3 Complete Edition (with that HC book that had lore and the monsterary and useful info) for the first time cause its so expansive and well lived in. When this game came out it seriously came so close to dethroning Skyrim that my answer for fave RPG is Skyrim (XB360 version)& Witcher 3(Ps4p but I do all the same wanna try it on X1X to see if theres improvements.

The score is breathtaking at times(Skellege Isles) and the monsters are incredible. I truly wish you the best with this, take your time, hunt the beasts, see it all..dont wait to do the side DLC til after your done the main campaign for a few reasons I wont elabotate on. Also, if you can do it as vaugely as possible find the points when you make choices that affect the ending. I thought I did all the moral grey to White Knighthood... and I ended up getting the worst ending possible(no spoilers but its a frigging slap in thr players face). it actually made me turn on the gamr for months.. until the DLCs launched and we sorted it out. Moral of the story, relish it cause it will give you so much if you give time to learn its rules and gameplay cause its deep but not unachievable. Best of Luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"