The Witcher 3

If there was ever a Witcher sequel, my guess is it would be Ciri following the Witcher Ciri ending of the third game. Geralt would be referenced, but wouldn't have an actual role in the game because Blood and Wine basically lets Geralt get a home and place to retire to.

What I really want though is a full-on remake of Witcher 1 with the mechanics and engine and combat and gameplay of Witcher 3. I'd also like an upgraded port of Witcher 2.

That way fans will finally have an opportunity to play the first two parts of Geralt's adventures.

Being on Playstation I've never had the chance to play the first two. So I wouldn't be against remasters/ports.

As for a sequel, I believe their original intention for the games was to play an original character, so I wouldn't mind being able to craft one in a new game. Plus, I think the devs have said any new Witcher wouldn't be from Geralt's pov. Though I'd still hope he'd feature.

Eh, I think with the buzz the TV show is getting, they'd be fools to put out games where Geralt isn't the central figure, at least for now. That might mean remaking the first two with updated gameplay and graphics. But more people know The Witcher now than ever before, and they are going to associate Geralt with that. So they'd be stupid not to capitalize on that.

Currently playing Red Dead 2. Once I finish im getting this though

Eh, I think with the buzz the TV show is getting, they'd be fools to put out games where Geralt isn't the central figure, at least for now. That might mean remaking the first two with updated gameplay and graphics. But more people know The Witcher now than ever before, and they are going to associate Geralt with that. So they'd be stupid not to capitalize on that.
Good point. New people would want to see Geralt as well as Yen and Ciri in the story. CD Projekt need to hire a ton of people so they can make the other projects they want at the same time as going deeper permanently into The Witcher universe.

Good point. New people would want to see Geralt as well as Yen and Ciri in the story. CD Projekt need to hire a ton of people so they can make the other projects they want at the same time as going deeper permanently into The Witcher universe.

Yeah. The show seems pretty popular (at least if all the memes and “The Witcher Timeline Explained” articles are any indication. So that could spur new interest in the games. But if that does happen, the last thing new fans are going to want is to play a Witcher game with some new character they’ve never heard of.

The problem is they basically brought a conclusion to Geralt's story in The Witcher 3. Any new Geralt story if it takes place after Witcher 3 would basically have to go back on and destroy his satisfying conclusion.

They can easily remedy this by remaking The Witcher 1 with updated gameplay, graphics and engine. And also porting The Witcher 2 which has never had a proper PlayStation release.

The problem is they basically brought a conclusion to Geralt's story in The Witcher 3. Any new Geralt story if it takes place after Witcher 3 would basically have to go back on and destroy his satisfying conclusion.

They can easily remedy this by remaking The Witcher 1 with updated gameplay, graphics and engine. And also porting The Witcher 2 which has never had a proper PlayStation release.
Yeah, I think there would be a high demand for those games to be modernised and released on consoles.

Yeah, that would make sense. I haven't played all of Witcher 3 so I didn't know how it ended but anyway, people tend to want to see classic games remade anyway (I know I would do ANYTHING for a PS4 version of Diablo II), so they should just do that to capitalize on the Netflix show's success and then do a new Witcher game that goes on after Geralt hangs it up.

It makes sense not to do a sequel. As I said earlier, Witcher 3 is basically a conclusion for Geralt's story. And not just Geralt, but most of the central characters in the whole Witcher mythos. CD Projekt Red has sounded open to doing more games in the Witcher world before, just not anymore direct sequels or new games with Geralt, which IMO makes sense.

However, if you want Geralt, the easy decision to make here is to do modern updates/remakes of Witcher 1 and 2. Again, you are leaving money on the table by not doing this. Witcher 1 was only available on PC. Witcher 2 was only on PC and Xbox 360. Witcher 3 meanwhile is on Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and PC.

More games within the Witcher universe will still be enough to get me excited, even if all the characters are new.

It makes sense not to do a sequel. As I said earlier, Witcher 3 is basically a conclusion for Geralt's story. And not just Geralt, but most of the central characters in the whole Witcher mythos. CD Projekt Red has sounded open to doing more games in the Witcher world before, just not anymore direct sequels or new games with Geralt, which IMO makes sense.

However, if you want Geralt, the easy decision to make here is to do modern updates/remakes of Witcher 1 and 2. Again, you are leaving money on the table by not doing this. Witcher 1 was only available on PC. Witcher 2 was only on PC and Xbox 360. Witcher 3 meanwhile is on Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
A Witcher 2 port/remaster would be so easy that I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened. I can understand Witcher 1 though since the only thing about it that has aged well is the overall story beats, anything short of a full on remake that fundamentally changes pretty much everything but the overall story would probably not be well received.

Last edited:
A Witcher 2 port/remaster would be so easy that I'm honestly surprised it hasn't happened.

I guess CD PR has been more busy with Cyberpunk 2077 last several years. It wouldn't surprise me if this ever happened if another party basically did it. That said, I feel like if they can figure out Witcher 3 on Nintendo Switch, why can't they figure out Witcher 2 for current-gen consoles?

I look forward to hearing CDPR’s future plans once Cyberpunk has come out.

Not surprising. They've talked about doing more stuff with The Witcher before, plus they reached a new agreement with Andrezj Sapkowski, so they are at least on the same page now.

Much like how Thronebreaker explores Queen Meve, there are many other parts of the world they can explore. You can do a midquel story on Ciri, or even a sequel starring Ciri.

Or you could do a game where you play as Lambert or Eskel instead. Or even characters who were only referenced by name in the other games.

Ideally, I wouldn't want this, but they could even do it where you basically create your own Witcher character, sort of like V in Cyberpunk. Like you basically tailor the character and explore around the world.

I won't be surprised if Ciri takes over. They just need to find a narrative excuse to downgrade her powers quite a bit. To me it just looks like the most natural progression. If they insist on leaving Geralt behind as a protagonist.

Though I'll miss wooing the damsels as a male character. And relationship with Yennefer.

I won't be surprised if Ciri takes over. They just need to find a narrative excuse to downgrade her powers quite a bit. To me it just looks like the most natural progression. If they insist on leaving Geralt behind as a protagonist.

Though I'll miss wooing the damsels as a male character. And relationship with Yennefer.

Ciri can woo the damsels ;)

Ciri can woo the damsels ;)
Yes, she can. I have no problem with that.

It's still not the same as man-woman chemistry. :) Plus muh Yennefer....

af29fa5320e5ebec4abf2c54f2aa847a.jpg

I rather have an all new main character than Ciri. I like her but don't know about playing as her a whole game except maybe a dlc solo expansion.

A new witcher from a different school set years after 3 would interest me more

I'm interested in any of the scenarios that people have mentioned above. :cwink:

I'm obsessed with Yennefer and that relationship in game so I understand.

One game I had totally planned on romancing Triss on New Game+ but I couldn't resist getting together with Yennefer. Pursuing Triss felt wrong.

I'm the opposite, especially now after playing The Witcher 2, I find myself inclined to romance Triss. But obviously when I do a book canon playthrough I go with Yen.

CDPR is giving away the game on PC for free on their DRM-free platform if you already own it elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"