The Wolverine THE WOLVERINE Trailer Thread - Second Teaser Online May 21st

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh so...question. If Wolverine has no memories pre-1980s...is he going to remember this Japanese guy he saved in WWII????

Exactly! I thought this very thing too.

In Singer's X-Men and the XMO: Wolverine, Logan had no memories, with Origins showing the cause as that adamantium bullet. So, in all continuity so far, he cannot remember further back than 15 years.

If they mess that basic fact up, then they really haven't been paying attention.

Perhaps that flashback is told through the Japanese guy's perspective as he recalls and relays it to Logan.

Wolverine had flashbacks to Weapon X after the adamantium bullet, no reason he can't have a WWII flashback, even if it's just a flashback of the bombing.

If he's in that much of a despondent state, I would imagine whatever flashbacks or nightmares he's having are pretty bad too.

Perhaps that flashback is told through the Japanese guy's perspective as he recalls and relays it to Logan.

I took that as a given from the start. Just because we see the flashback doesn't meant it's Wolverine's.

Just like with Striker in X2, Logan could meet this guy and get a flash from the past. X2 showed that even though his memory is fuzzy, he can still remember certain things when given the opportunity.

EDIT: Look at Danny posting the same thing before me! haha. :p

The movie could possibly just open up in that era and it's just told to the audience and it's not either character remembering it through flashback because it's just setting up the story for the audience.

Didn't Hugh Jackman say that the script Aronofsky was going to direct was about 85% the same? Looking at the trailer it seems that they went back to Christopher McQuarrie's original draft. The one poster that described Aronofsky script only has a passing resembalence to this movie. It makes me wonder if his review of the outline was real or not.

adamantium bullet

adamantium bullet

2174022_o.gif

Didn't Hugh Jackman say that the script Aronofsky was going to direct was about 85% the same? Looking at the trailer it seems that they went back to Christopher McQuarrie's original draft. The one poster that described Aronofsky script only has a passing resembalence to this movie. It makes me wonder if his review of the outline was real or not.

Well since that was the draft everyone and their mother was praising to the high heavens, I'd hope so.

Watching the international trailer again, I'm thinking that "What they did to me...can't be undone," line might be in reference to the adamantium. If they are going to address how he can survive the adamantium without his healing powers, it sound like it fits with whatever that conversation might be.

Mokri of TF3?
I'm in.

Kick Ass looked bland last time too.

Kick Ass looks amazing in hi def. One of my favorite eye-candy movies for cinematography.

Kick Ass looks amazing in hi def. One of my favorite eye-candy movies for cinematography.

Yeah, Kick-Ass had great cinematography. Saying it looks as bland as the Kick-Ass 2 stuff we have seen is just crazy talk.

Yeah, I LOVE the look of Kick-Ass. Kick Ass 2 is no comparison. All the style seems to be gone.

How can you be sure they returned to the McQuarrie draft? Can you explain how you came to that conclusion?

The trailers are both awesome but I particularly like the structure of the international one, as well as the extra action footage from Wolverine vs the Ninja's and him fighting that guy on top of the bullet train, they should be outstanding sequences.

What I'm really loving is the look of the journey Logan is going on, from being found as a nomad without any purpose, to the possibility of mortality, working as a bodyguard and for the first time in the movies becoming physically vulnerable.

I was prepared to tear apart the trailer if need be, but sometimes it's nice to be surprised in a mostly positive way (sans train). Maybe Origins just lowered my standards too much for what I expect from an X-Men spin-off feature film! I can maybe roll with this, even if I don't see it as a necessary entry yet.

Its all opinions about the cinematography. To me "James Mangold" is comfortable with shooting. 75% of his shots are above the waist/shoulders focused on his actors face. I think he often shy's away from Static shots or using highly detailed wide shots.

"3-10 to Yuma"

Ben-in-3-10-to-Yuma-ben-foster-15478272-853-480.jpg

Alan-in-3-10-to-Yuma-alan-tudyk-25534585-853-480.jpg

Ben-in-3-10-to-Yuma-ben-foster-15479504-853-480.jpg

"Walk the Line"

Reese-in-Walk-the-Line-reese-witherspoon-3907813-720-480.jpg

tumblr_lio9nxHfRY1qzyaido1_500.jpg

"The Wolverine"

First-Official-T-1269.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-31a.jpg

the-wolverine-trailer-stills-8.jpg

Some people like the visually aesthetic approach and some people like to see the story take centerfold. Honestly, I have not seen any cinematography, on a big budget "hero" movie, that had a huge impact on myself, (especially not the X-men movies) but everything in this trailer looks just fine.

I liked the trailer, but what was up with Wolverine suddenly breaking a wall with his back in 2:04 ?

How can you be sure they returned to the McQuarrie draft? Can you explain how you came to that conclusion?

Because I was able to read that draft of the script and the trailer has a lot of scenes from that first draft. Obviously details have changed and things have been added, but overall it is a lot closer than what the poster on here described as the Aronofsky draft. So he was either lying or Hugh Jackman meant the script was 85% the same from Christopher McQuarrie's script.

Last edited:
I liked the trailer, but what was up with Wolverine suddenly breaking a wall with his back in 2:04 ?
Might be a fight scene with Silver Samurai, his powers could have thrown him through the wall

I'm guessing that's the same facility that houses the funky Silver Samurai armour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"