The "World of Heroes" DC RPG Season III

Master Bruce said:
Nightwing looked at him,as He lowered his billy clubs.

...What the hell is he talking about?!

He had no idea why Slade thought HE would be able to give him answers.

Nightwing spent the last few months cleaning up BludHaven,after the ordeal with Mordru and Keystone City......when he was playing "Batman".

His face expressed obvious confusion,as He eased up.

"And what the hell makes you think that?I havent seen you in almost a year.Why would I know anything about the last few months of your life?"

Nightwing was seriously,and utterly confused by this.

Okay,so Slade has an amnesia problem.

....And he comes to ME?

Weird...

Nightwing kept holding the billy clubs,even though He had a feeling Slade wouldnt attack him.

“At this point kid, I’m just looking for something to get started with.”

He was disappointed. This kid is the Bat’s protégé. Slade knew Wayne kept tabs on all his enemies, apparently not all traits are passed on. He looked back at Nightwing who had relaxed a bit.

Slade made a quick flinch forward with his shoulders, taunting Nightwing.

Nightwing snapped back into his fighting stance.

“I’m just messing with you."
He relaxed himself again, raised his hand and gave Nightwing a small wave. "Till our paths cross again.”

Slade threw a smoke bomb on the ground in front of himself and quickly darted back to the rooftops. He was moving fast.

“Damnit,” he thought to himself, “this was a complete waste of time.”

The way he took strides on building tops was almost like running to any normal person. His reaction time was so advanced he was at least 10 steps ahead of the move he was making.

“I’ve got to find someone who would know what I was up to.” He thought while jumping down a 3-story drop between buildings.

He landed with one leg cocked back against the ground ready to spring back up and keep moving. But he froze, he forgot about his biggest problem, he still had no money. He couldn’t get the answers he was looking for without some kind of bank to support him.

Catwoman walked up to the Gordon’s door. With a quick jab of the heel, the door came down and Selina walked in.

“Jim? Barbara? You need to get the hell out of here now!”

No answer.

She heard something down the hallway. Opening the door she saw Barbara in front of a computer.

“It’s you. You’re the famous Oracle. I would have never guessed. Well, to cut things short, we need to leave now. The Joker is on his way to kill you. Where is Jim?”

OOC: I am not sure if Selina knew Babs was Oracle, but we are just going to pretend they never met, ok?

OOC: Babs is in Bruce's room, not the basement, but oh well...
IC: BAbs Gordon

Before I realize anything, our front door's been knocked down and there standing the hallway is Selina, dressed in my Batgirl suit.

“It’s you. You’re the famous Oracle. I would have never guessed. Well, to cut things short, we need to leave now. The Joker is on his way to kill you. Where is Jim?”

I find my voice, "WHAT?!" Glancing back at the screen, I see that Batman and Diana are still in Liberty Island, "...BUT Batman and Wonder Woman are still...What are you doing here?!"

“Listen, Batman sent me to save you. Now, we don’t have a lot of time, and I still need to pick up your daddy. So, your going to have to forgive me for this,” Selina said as she pulled Babs' hand, running her down the hall. They had left the home and were now in the grassy lawn out front.

Opening the car door, she let Oracle get inside before stepping into the driver's seat and started the car. The Jaguar blasted down the street.

"Where is Jim?"

OOC: Edit and sorry for the mistakes.

"He's at the station." I wrap the seat belt around myself as the car tears off through the streets.

Selina blasted forward and halted in front of the station. Looking down at her tattered costume, she turned to Oracle.

“You might want to get him. I don’t exactly fit in,” she told Babs, and then mumbled. “I can feel a bat-lecture coming on,”

Barbara opened the jet black door and started for the station. The that was when Selina noticed the chopper hovering over the roof.

"Shi t,"

Mine.
My order.

That's what the damned Gaurdians took from me. They didn't understand what I had done. They wanted order, but not my kind. They wanted their order to be the one propogated throughout the universe. But they don't understand that their order Does Not Work!

Mine did. And even though my own people did not realize it, My Order Worked.

But...how can I implement it. Even though there is no real Corps. to speak off, if I attempt to bring my order to the universe, the Gaurdian's will try to stop me. As will the Qwardians. The Qwardians I may be able to handle, but not the Gaurdians. I need...I need...I need to learn what forms of order the Guardians will find acceptable. I need to find out why I was the only Lantern singled out for punishment, despite being the most successful in the Corps. I need to learn the...difference...between my methods and those of the others.

And as loathe as I am to admit it, I...have much to learn.

And there is only one place I can go to find what I need...

batnkevlar said:
"How's it going, Rex? Long time not see..."

*I put out my hand as he shakes it.*

"Just like the old days"

"Well, it's not really up to me. It's Supes' call. I don't see why not. I mean, you're not exactly a newbie at this."

*I beckon for Ralph, the bartender.*

"Hey Ralph, get us both a beer. It's on me."

*Ralph serves us pur beers.*

"So how's Shift doin?"

"Thanks Hal" Rex said grabbing the cold Beer

"...Ol' Rufus?" He said with a grin "He's doing good...it's been a long time since i've seen him though...he's his own man nowadays...well.....you know what I mean" Rex said with a laugh

"What about you? Hows your life? Still saving the world everyday mr. hero man?" Rex paused for a moment "Of course you are...your the Green Lantern...and i'm just a big freak" He said with a sigh

"I always loved Adventure Hal...it was my one weakness...the one thing I could never say no too...but now I find my life to be a little short in the action department" Rex said looking at Hal sheepishly "I crave the feeling of danger and risk...thats why I want to fight crime with the Justice League...I want to have meaning"

Jim Gordon was standing on the roof of the GCPD. He had retired as the Police Commissioner of Gotham City, but he still found himself hanging around here a lot. He told himself that it was because they needed him. But maybe it was him that needed them.

Gordon sighed, absently placing his hand on the Bat-Signal that he had once operated so often. They say that the number one killer of people is retirement. And maybe that's why he wanted to keep in the loop. He hated to say it, but he was finally feeling old. He couldn't run or jog any ditance without feeling that pang in his chest, his old, weary heart siezing up.

Gordon supposed that dying of a heart attack wasn't all that bad. With all the heartbreak he'd been put through, it would be somewhat fitting. And a lot of it had been caused by The Joker. That monster had paralysed Barbara, and murdered Sarah. He wondered why he hadn't killed The Joker already. Was it a sign of his inner strength, or a display of weakness?

"I thought I'd find you here," came a voice from behind him.

Gordon turned round, and found himself face to face with the very monster he had been thinking about. The Joker grinned deviously.

"I've been watching you up here for a while now," he continued, "Harley dropped me off up here when we saw you enter the GCPD Building. I know you too well, Jimbo. I knew you'd come up here to sulk. Think about all the old memories that haunt you."

"What do you want, Joker?" asked Gordon, his voice aching with restraint.

"Why, you, old man," replied The Joker, smiling maliciously, "You see, after Harley dropped me off, she picked up your secretary. Unless you get on the chopper with me, without a struggle, the poor girl will be taking a head-dive off the chopper! HA HA!"

The two enemies stared at each other in hateful silence for close to a minute. Finally Gordon spoke.

"Fine, I'll come with you," he said, "Just don't hurt Carla."

The Joker nodded, approaching Gordon. He put his hand on his shoulder as they both stared out at the Gotham skyline.

"Gotham City, Jimbo," sighed The Joker, "Enjoy it while you can. Though with all the pain this city has put you through, I say you should be glad to see it burn, HA HA!"

"Don't touch me," muttered Gordon.

Shrugging, The Joker took his hand off Gordon's shoulder. Just then, harley landed the chopper on the rooftop. Walking side by side, almost as if they were old friends, The Joker and Jim Gordon climbed into the chopper together.

"Let her go," said Gordon, looking at his terrified secretary.

The Joker nodded, shoving Carla out of the chopper and onto the rooftop.

"Go tell your friends in the station what happened to Gordon!" he shouted, "Thewy're going to wish they had said goodbye! HAHAHAHAHAHA!"

And with that, the chopper took off into the night.

IC: Flash III

So I'm darting around gotham looking for this bomb thing, I have no clue what it even looks like, and I haven't even gotten a clue as to where it could possibly be. I even make it to Arkham, The Joker's home away from home, seacrhing every nook and cranny before security has the slightest clue that I got in there, and got nothing. Obviously dissapointed, I stroll out in front of the gates with my hands on my hips. Not only am I dissapointed but I'm trying desperately to had the panic inside. If we don't find this thing, Gotham goes boom.

"...Where are you?...Where could you possibly be?...Saved many lives on a daily basis, saved France...and all of a sudden NOW I fail? Damn it Flash. Don't give up. You've looked under every rock. Every nook and cranny of Gotham City, so what do you do now?...:sighs:...You look again."

I'm about to get started when I notice something flying towards me at amazing speed...Not ME amazing but amazing to, you know, you people. Normies...That's when I notice the glistening bracelets...
...I squint a little trying to make out who exactly it is...
"...WONDER WOMAN! HEY! OVER HERE! ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED! HAHA!"

...She doesn't answer back...Something is wrong...That's when I notice the laughter...I have heard Diana laugh every now and then but this...this is crazy...if not down right creepy...and it only gets louder and more nerve grinding the closer she gets. Just louder and louder and louder and louder...and then a chill runs down my spine and my body is drained of all blood and all feeling except...cold...

"...Oh no..."

IC: Barb Gordon

I'm running up the steps to the roof top, as fast as my legs can take me. Which isn't very fast considering the fact that I haven't run for so long...I'm not even sure the doctors would reccomend something this physically harcore after years of sitting around but at the moment I couldn't care less...

"He's gone upstairs", Montoya had told me as I'd burst into the station. And Selina and I had just seen a chopper fly off...Oh God...he can't have goten dad...

Gasping for breath, I reach the door at the top of the stairs leading to the roof. The plam of my hand slams against it and cold air strikes me as I run out into the night.

My eyes dart about the emptiness of the roof top as I call out frantically, "DAD?!" My breath comes in short gasps and I run forward, the speck of what was the chopper now only a speck of black against the red horizon. Fear floods me like has never before and I find panic ensuing within me. Oh God no....

"...He-he took him..."

I hear a sob and notice a woman laying on the floor. I kneel down beside her desparate, "WHERE'S DAD?!"

She is scared and her watery eyes finally meet mine, "Joker took him."

Savage said:
So I'm darting around gotham looking for this bomb thing, I have no clue what it even looks like, and I haven't even gotten a clue as to where it could possibly be. I even make it to Arkham, The Joker's home away from home, seacrhing every nook and cranny before security has the slightest clue that I got in there, and got nothing. Obviously dissapointed, I stroll out in front of the gates with my hands on my hips. Not only am I dissapointed but I'm trying desperately to had the panic inside. If we don't find this thing, Gotham goes boom.

"...Where are you?...Where could you possibly be?...Saved many lives on a daily basis, saved France...and all of a sudden NOW I fail? Damn it Flash. Don't give up. You've looked under every rock. Every nook and cranny of Gotham City, so what do you do now?...:sighs:...You look again."

I'm about to get started when I notice something flying towards me at amazing speed...Not ME amazing but amazing to, you know, you people. Normies...That's when I notice the glistening bracelets...
...I squint a little trying to make out who exactly it is...
"...WONDER WOMAN! HEY! OVER HERE! ABOUT TIME YOU SHOWED! HAHA!"

...She doesn't answer back...Something is wrong...That's when I notice the laughter...I have heard Diana laugh every now and then but this...this is crazy...if not down right creepy...and it only gets louder and more nerve grinding the closer she gets. Just louder and louder and louder and louder...and then a chill runs down my spine and my body is drained of all blood and all feeling except...cold...

"...Oh no..."

"What do you do with a drunken sailor? What do you do with a drunken sailor? What do you do with a drunken sailor? Early in the morning."

"I've always loved that ditty. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Oh wait. Is that? No way! WALLACE?!!! Wallarino. The Wall Man. Hey I've been meaning to ask you. Did you get the name Flash from a girlfriend? HAHAHAHA!!!"

Diana staggers a bit as she advances towards Flash.

"Oh Wally. I'm not feeling good. I don't know what's --- Help me."

Wonder Woman falls to her knees. Flash streaks to her side. He genuinely wants to help Diana. Just as he raises her head face to face with his own Wonder Woman reacts.

"Works everytime."

Wonder Woman starts slapping the front of her face several times and make a noise very much like Curly. She then pokes Flash right in the eyes with her fingers.

"Myah haha. Bloop" Flash staggers back with a shock. It doesn't appear that his eyes are gouged out, but it doesn't look like he's gonna be seeing anything for a bit.

"Now you just stay here while I get to work."

Diana leaves the confused figure of the Flash and crashes through the front wall of Arkham. She quickly dispatches a pair of guards.

"Atomic Wedgie. I learned this one from Wally. You'll love it."

She grabs the guards by their pants and attaches them to the wall with their own nightsticks. She then crashes through four walls until she reaches the cells.

She walks up to the first door and peers inside.

"Peek a boo. I see you. OH look. The sign on the door says "Mad Hatter". I guess I'll start with you." She pulls the door off it's hinges and proceeds to walk in. Mad Hatter cowers in the corner.

"You... You can't hurt me. You're... You're one of the Good Guys."

Diana grabs her breasts and says, "Guy? Guy!!? Ok... now I'm really gonna kill you. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

WWJoker.jpg

:joker: :joker: :joker:

Selina shot a grapple hook up to the top of the roof. Putting her arm around Oracle, she looked up at the sky. The Joker had gotten away again. Just weeks ago, the clown had killed half of the Back Alley Boys. He had to pay.

“We are going to get him, don’t worry. Batman is busy with Wonder Woman, we will have to do this part alone. You need to stay strong Barbara. The city needs you, your dad needs you,” said Catwoman, pausing, “I have a plan, now, you may be the smart one, but this could use some easy undercover work. Can you find the name of one of Joker’s thugs?

This night was going to get a hell of a lot worse.

We got back to the Watchtower as soon as possible, and got J'onn to send out an APB. It went something like this:

~This is J'onn, sending out an all points bulletin on the request of Dr. Mid-Nite. Prometheus is back. He was last seen in Hub City, where he beat the Question nearly to death. Be on the lookout, he is highly dangerous. We may need a few members in Hub to keep watch for him. As you were.~

rex26 said:

“At this point kid, I’m just looking for something to get started with.”

He was disappointed. This kid is the Bat’s protégé. Slade knew Wayne kept tabs on all his enemies, apparently not all traits are passed on. He looked back at Nightwing who had relaxed a bit.

Slade made a quick flinch forward with his shoulders, taunting Nightwing.

Nightwing snapped back into his fighting stance.

“I’m just messing with you."
He relaxed himself again, raised his hand and gave Nightwing a small wave. "Till our paths cross again.”

Slade threw a smoke bomb on the ground in front of himself and quickly darted back to the rooftops. He was moving fast.

“Damnit,” he thought to himself, “this was a complete waste of time.”

The way he took strides on building tops was almost like running to any normal person. His reaction time was so advanced he was at least 10 steps ahead of the move he was making.

“I’ve got to find someone who would know what I was up to.” He thought while jumping down a 3-story drop between buildings.

He landed with one leg cocked back against the ground ready to spring back up and keep moving. But he froze, he forgot about his biggest problem, he still had no money. He couldn’t get the answers he was looking for without some kind of bank to support him.

Nightwing looked up as Shade disappeared.

"Oh no you dont..."

Nightwing took out his grapnel,and aimed for the rooftops.

Theres no way in hell Im letting a guy like Slade run around in MY city.Hes too much of a loose cannon.....

Just as Nightwing got ready to press the button,a message came in on his comm-link.

"Respond to this message imeadiately!Contact Batman after doing so as soon as possible. THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!"

Nightwings eyes widened,again.

From the sound of the voice,it was Barbara.And from her tone.....It seemed urgent.

He looked up at the rooftops,again.

Okay,Grayson.....You have a choice.

You can either ignore the message,go after Slade,and risk having something MAJOR happen while your gone.

Or,You can respond to the message,contact Bruce,and risk letting Slade kill someone in YOUR city.

Nightwing looked at his communicator,and then the rooftops,again.

Considering Barbara and Bruce usually dealt with crimes that were on a bigger scale,The decision was becoming more and more obvious....

Taking his grapnel,He shot towards the opposite direction,and headed for his apartment.

The message was an hour old,so Dick couldnt respond to it immediatley.

Minutes later,Nightwing was on his way to Gotham City,on his new and improved Motorcycle.

I dont know what the hell was going on,But it better be important.......considering Im doing this INSTEAD of capturing Slade and preventing him from causing more deaths in my city.

Nightwing smirked.

....If I could even capture him,that is.

30 mintues later,Nightwing passed a sign that read "WELCOME TO GOTHAM CITY".

He picked up his comm-link,and immediately connected to Batman's.

No response.

He connected to Barbara's.

Again....No response.

By the time Nightwing made it into Gotham Square,He had called a dozen people.......And no one was responding.

He spoke into the communicator...

"Attention,All Bat-Squad Members,JLA members.....ANYONE....This is Nightwing.Respond to this message ASAP.Over."

Hopefully,SOMEONE would get the message....

Just then, Barbara Gordon's cellphone rings. As she answers, she hears The Joker's cruel laughter on the ohter side of the line.

"Hello, Babs," he cackled, "It's your old pal, The Joker! How's the back? Oh, there'll be plenty of time for catching up later, right now we have to talk business. I have your daddy with me right now."

The Joker put the phone to Gordond's mouth. he just had time to say a few words before the phone was taken away from him. The Joker got back on the line.

"Do you want to know something really funny? I was actually going to kidnap you. But Catwoman - or do I call her Batwoman now? - got to you just before we did. So I went to the station to find your daddy dearest instead. So, in a way, its your fault that he's been kidnapped!"

The Joker laughed loudly into the phone.

"But I'll give you a chance to redeem yourself. You see, I'm not all that interested in kidnapping Jim Gordon. Been there, done that. So, I'm willing to trade. His freedom...for yours. If you accept, meet us in one hour outside the old Amusement Park. You know, the one where I held your daddy hostage last time. You can bring your feline friend for company, and to take your papa home once I have you. But don't bring anyone else. If I even think you've brought anyone else, I gut him like a fish."

The Joker didn't even give barbara a chance to reply.

"Hope to see you soon, gorgeous. HAHAHAHAHAHA...."

The Joker ended the call before he even finished laughing.

twylight said:
***Hello guys!***
She mentally said before entering the room. She suddenly picked up Brainy’s thought of leaving. Opening the door she asked
“Leaving Brainy?”

B-5-0.jpg

"That much should be obvious!"- he responded in an irritated tone. "I'm leaving while I can avoid violating our no killing code." He stopped beside the beautiful blonde titanian and said matter of factly- "There's very little we can do to stop this trip from happening. On top of everything else I have to do, now I have to nursemaid this little project. There are several preparations to take before a trip and one of them is checking the 'weather'."

I'll be in the Temporal Lab making sure the Time Stream is safe for travel. I would appreciate it if Bart were to stay FAR AWAY FROM IT while I'm there. He "thought" the last part of the message at her, his mood was clearer than the Sun on a clear Summer day.

IC:Babs Gordon

It is with a shaky hand that I lower the phone from my ear. Selina snatches it from me and I slump against the leather seat of her car, Joker's cruel voice reverberating through my very being... I will gut him like a fish... its your fault that he's been kidnapped

I can't tell anyone...but then again...since when has Joker kept his word? Should I risk telling Dick and Bruce...? What if...what if he's already done with dad...?

I turn to Selina and my voice is shaky, "The closed down Amusment Park.I need you to drive me there.Now."

IC: Batman:

I watched as Diana laughed at the thought of destroying Arkham and every criminal inside it. She started to fly away when...

Wait. Why SHOULD I stop her?

Why should I not? She'd become a murderer.

It's not like she hasn't done it before.

Those were mythical creatures, not people. Even I had to take those kinds of beings out, when I was fighting the White Martians.

She's getting farther and farther away. It's time to choose.

scan0012B.jpg

I take out my grappling hook and shoot it at her foot. It just catches and I'm pulled off the island and into the air. I press another button on it and it starts to pull me to Diana.

Just as we entered the city, I was close to Diana. I'm somewhat shocked that she hasn't heard me before--

Just then, she grabs the grapple gun and pulls me to her with one hand, still flying to Arkham.

"I hope you enjoyed the view you got there, Brucey," she giggled as she spanked her ass to signafy just what she thought I was "viewing."

"Diana, you have to get a hold of yourself," I yelled out, trying to reason with her, "Joker's gas has infected your head, turning you into something you're not. Let's just get you to a hospital, and we can make you better." I get as close as I could, trying to see through her eyes if the Diana I knew was still inside. "Please, Diana. Let me help you."

"That...that's nice of you, Bruce," she said, her voice almost normal, "...but what makes you think this is turning me into something I'm not?" She asked, the sickening joy back in her voice. "This is getting way too serious--PURPLE NURPLE!" She cried out and tweaked the left chestplate of my costume.

I think even Clark would have felt it.

She then grabbed at the pelvis and squeezed--if The Batman could cry, he would have.

She threw me to one of the buildings. She drops to the very ledge for a second, looking at me.

"I'll kiss those boo-boo's and make them feel better in a sec--right after I finish tearing up Arkham and everyone in it. Chaio, sexy!" She called out before flying away.

I stand there for only a second, dumbfounded. Did she just give me a purple nurple? And what was that about kis-- No time. I pull out my grappling gun and got to the ground.

I noticed a kid driving in the other direction with a motorcycle. I ran towards it and got it to stop in a screeching glory.

"Yo man, what the fu--"

"GIVE. ME. THE. BIKE. NOW."

I would have thanked him for tossing me the keys, but he was too busy running away and screaming. I hopped on--stung like hell, remembering the not-so-loving squeeze in that area that Diana gave me a few moments ago--and drove to Arkham as fast as the vehicle could take me.

As I got there, I noticed Wally next to the Aylum.

"Flash! Has Diana been here?" I then notice the breaks within the walls. "Never mind, stupid question. She's been infected with Joker gas, her Amazonian heritage must have affected her differently, she got his sence of humor. I need you to help me subdue her long enough so that I can get her an antidote."

"That much should be obvious!"- he responded in an irritated tone. "I'm leaving while I can avoid violating our no killing code." He stopped beside her "There's very little we can do to stop this trip from happening. On top of everything else I have to do, now I have to nursemaid this little project. There are several preparations to take before a trip and one of them is checking the 'weather'."
He said as he left.

I'll be in the Temporal Lab making sure the Time Stream is safe for travel. I would appreciate it if Bart were to stay FAR AWAY FROM IT while I'm there.

Imra caught the last part through her mind. Invisible Kid had his hand’s full of the general trading of ‘power' maybe it was time to update Garth. Imra quickly sent a message as soon as she got the other.
***Garth, you might want to come up here, Bart is grinning like a Braalian cat and Brainy has gone to check the time stream, so they must be close to something.***

She turned to Bart, “What was that all about?”

OOC: Do they have cat's on Braal??

“Ok, so I guess that throws plan A out the window. Anyway, I am not letting you go there. Even if I am there, I will not let you do this. We will get your dad, I promise. There has to be another way,” Selina said, now in her regular leather costume.

Harley was in their bedroom admiring herself in the mirror:

comicharleygorgeous.jpg

She heard the Joker laughing downstairs.It made her heart beat faster when she heard her puddin laughing with gusto.Like an adrenaline rush every time.

She skipped downstairs to find him on the phone issuing his demands to Barbara Gordon.As he hung up Harley walked over and put her arms around him.

"We should get movin puddin if we're to get there first.We want it all set up nice and right if we're gonna pull this off.I don't trust a police commissoner's daughter and I certainly don't trust that cat b*tch" Harley said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"